Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

I caved in n decided to put together an fmv. Lets hope this one doesnt get blocked. 

Countdown is 50hrs to ep15. Waiting with bated breath

A subbed preview of ep15 on ig

Edited by sharreb
Add additional stuff
  • Like 25

2 hours ago, bohoxstitch said:

Article about the actor that played JH. OHH I didn't know that's the reason behind why he detest woman so much. Did I miss this details while watching??? 

https://www.soompi.com/2017/04/12/get-know-actor-behind-masked-villain-strong-woman-bong-soon/

He's good looking too and that body... While maybe in another drama I'll start appreciating it. :D

@bohoxstitch Truth be told, I used to wonder a lot about that. But now I don't care anymore. I just take him as the epitome of evil. :huh:
However, let's theorized, shall we: 
GD summarized it well in ep13: 
"At first he only targeted skinny girls with small build, but then he has reached a turning point. He found out our line of investigation since he has been listening all along. When we focused on catching a suspect who kidnapped skinny women, he started to kidnap random women as if he was waiting for it to happen. He began with GS. But then BS.... A problem arose for him. Something went wrong. Since then, his pattern of kidnapping was influenced by grudge, revenge, and obsession." 

His background in ep14: 
"He wasn't drafted into the army because of his psychiatric record. In addition, he killed a person at the age of 15 through an arson. He was sent to a juvenile reformatory."

In the beginning, yes, KJH as the antagonist has a perfect story. Here's a guy who liked to kidnap young women to be his brides because in his twisted mind, he would receive love, obedience, and devotion - hence his fascination with Bluebeard. This storyline works fine, even with him installing camera at the police station. It's not unheard of for a criminal to snoop in police's investigation. 
However... I believe the moment he kidnapped GS because he wants to throw off police's suspicion on him (as GD theorized above) that's when the Psycho story starts to get weird, IMO. 
For one thing, police doesnt even know about his existence and are still very much clueless. Why would he suddenly change his MO (from targeted skinny weak girl to random whatever girl?).
For another, a mentally ill person like KJH usually stays on track to his preference. If you watch crime series, you probably learn that a criminal doesn't change MO or victimology unless something major happens. Police looking for suspect who targets skinny women is not a major thing. 

I believe it more on his sudden change of MO from Bluebeard theme to revenge to the strong woman, it's definitely MAJOR. It's more believable than skinny to random girls. Also, from his history: killing through arson then kidnapping women.. that's also another jump (maybe likely, but kinda pushing it). But, the most outrageous part is the bomb thing. So we have here a guy who is mentally ill, killed a person through arson, but then changed his preference to kidnapping/raping/abusing girls, then suddenly bomb expert?!?! :blink:

This guy is like bibimbap. Whatever ingredients available, toss it all around, and tadaaa.. one super evil is ready! :huh:

1 hour ago, Visually-wandering said:

I think so too. It's like mirroring MinHyuk, when he couldn't sleep and came to her house just to confess. And there you go inside my mind a pervy scenarios. But I'm hesitating to share it here.... 

@Visually-wandering Yeah.. If that's true then, yaaaay.. hip hip hurray to BS!! Baby step, baby step, BS! :wub:

• Like 23

19 minutes ago, BloodOrange said:

Word Preview for ep 15: 서로를 향한 진심어린 사랑을 확인한 봉순과 민혁은 쉽게 잠이 들지 못하고, 봉순은 늦은 밤 민혁을 찾아온다. 김장현은 전국에 수배령이 내려지고, 봉순은 민혁 국두와 공조하여 김장현을 잡을 계획을 세우는데..

So from what I understand: BS and MH confirmed their sincere love towards each other and can't fall asleep, BS went to find MH in the middle of the night. KJH is wanted nationwide, BS, MH and GD cooperate to catch KJH..

Is this right? Can @stroppyse or @ferily confirm? thanks guys

Sounds interesting! Since KJH is wanted nationwide, hopefully the Tak gang and high schoolers will also take part in catching this most-wanted criminal! :wink:

Thanks for the translation. (y)

• Like 19

5 hours ago, sukma_shinhye said:

I'm even a mother of a teenager hahahah. But still this ahjumma want to meet them live. But what will my 14years say? He must be confused seeing his mom behave like a 17years girl hahahhaa

Hahaha! It's okay! Young at heart :) are u in Sg too? Will u be going to the fan meet? 

• Like 11

36 minutes ago, xscalsve said:

What to expect in the last two episodes of ‘Strong Woman Do Bong Soon’?; Cast and crew to visit Indonesia for reward vacation

A previous report of Allkpop cited the "Strong Woman Do Bong Soon" team will stay for about a week in Bali to celebrate the success of the drama. The JTBC series is considered one of the most popular programs as of yet.

cr :  asiastarz

So, they'll stay in Bali from 20 - 27, then off to Singapore from 27 - 29/30...Back in Korea in 30/1 May.. 
Hmmmm... I might still have a change. *here's hoping! :D

24 minutes ago, BloodOrange said:

Word Preview for ep 15: 서로를 향한 진심어린 사랑을 확인한 봉순과 민혁은 쉽게 잠이 들지 못하고, 봉순은 늦은 밤 민혁을 찾아온다. 김장현은 전국에 수배령이 내려지고, 봉순은 민혁 국두와 공조하여 김장현을 잡을 계획을 세우는데..

So from what I understand: BS and MH confirmed their sincere love towards each other and can't fall asleep, BS went to find MH in the middle of the night. KJH is wanted nationwide, BS, MH and GD cooperate to catch KJH..

@Visually-wandering Yaaaaaay... she DID go to MH for a nighty night kiss!! :wub:
@BloodOrange Thank youu for this.. btw, I just realized your nickname is Blood Orange? :blink:

• Like 14

33 minutes ago, BloodOrange said:

I love you. Saranghanda \(^0^)/. @penelop3 yay girl yay. But I feel guilty if I'm imagining something like Secret Love Affair snippet to happen.^_^

• Like 12

1 hour ago, fanie586 said:

watching again from episode 1 - 14 :D I also can't wait until Friday... Curious with all the preview...

That is what I do, currently rewatching the drama and now at eps 12 :D

geez, notice that Min min's low tone whispering voice when he said that he is going to stay up all night, could it be that....?

Again, history are meant to be written at night - quote from Bong Soon omma 

23 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

So, they'll stay in Bali from 20 - 27, then off to Singapore from 27 - 29/30...Back in Korea in 30/1 May.. 
Hmmmm... I might still have a change. *here's hoping! :D

I think for PBY yes but PHS will be a short one back to Seoul on 23/4, then to SG by 28/4 I guess.

• Like 13

you're welcome guys:) btw, I'm actually not so confident with the second sentence about KJH being wanted...but I think the written preview and teaser are almost similar in a way

@penelop3 I wanted to change my username and can't think of another name, at that time I was having flu so I changed my username to Blood Orange to remind me to eat more fruits. Don't worry, blood orange is a type of orange:D

Anyway, @bebebisous33 are you still following this drama? I miss your analysis on each episode, I think we haven't heard from you since ep14. 

• Like 11

Good News to Avengers in SingaporeSurprised heart animated emoticon lucky me:tongue:

Uri BongBongHappy Love Heart emoticon (Heart emoticon set) MinMin  Fan Meet & Greet in Singapore Korea Travel Fair 2017 on April 29 2017

From Korea Travel Organization (Singapore) FB: "We know you have been waiting for this! We are happy to announce that the main leads of "Strong girl, Bong soon" will be making special appearance at the Korea Travel Fair 2017 on 29 April 2017. Here is a video of the cute couple, Park Boyoung and Park Hyungsik from "Strong girl, Bong soon". We are giving away 50 event passes and 50 autographed poster. To win event passes for the Fan Meet and Greet at the Korea Travel Fair 2017 and autographed posters of the drama, be the first 100 to submit your answers correctly. 

For more information about the contest and submission, please refer to http://bit.ly/2ouHTpE
For information about Korea Travel Fair 2017 event, please refer to http://koreatravelfair.sg

• Like 19

Bong Soon aaaah.... I'm ready.... Illuwaaaa... Palliiiii....

C9NmIqMUAAIlH96.jpg

Sorry... I can't help it... my pervert mind is running wild....

• Like 26

7 hours ago, pinklover27 said:

I also enjoy having friendly banters about the show that's currently giving me life. lol

It's interesting that you mentioned not liking the fact that MH was rendered "helpless" during that time. I actually think that was the main point. All this while, MH has been portrayed as "THE Man" who has everything under control. He is a competent CEO who is clever, secure, confident and proactive. Yet, in the face of love, he becomes selfless and 'submissive' in order to accommodate the needs of the person he loves. I find this to be one of the most endearing characteristics of AMH. It is very atypical and a rarity to find a male protagonist like him who is not afraid to admit his weaknesses and expose his vulnerabilities.  I think there is even a quote: "When a man truly loves a woman, she becomes his weakness. When a woman truly loves a man, he becomes her strength." Now, that last part, I think was very fitting to what happened to BS in ep. 14. Her desire to want to save the person she loves, LITERALLY gave her strength back.

That makes two of us...

But helplessness to the point of being incapacitated is harder to watch than tears. I like the quote right there and the romance it conjures but if applied to AMH to justify his stabbings in the air then I think he may not be 'the man' I think him to be. Which disappoints me as far as character progression (or regression) is concerned. 

The last part...
I love it when magical elements are weaved into a show by will of the heavens or bestowed genetically or through some wonderful form. That she literally willed her power back with sheer desire to save someone she loves was quite impressive. And, yes the strength coming back wrt the quote was rather apt. It was quite satisfying to see that bit play out.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, BloodOrange said:

you're welcome guys:) btw, I'm actually not so confident with the second sentence about KJH being wanted...but I think the written preview and teaser are almost similar in a way

@penelop3 I wanted to change my username and can't think of another name, at that time I was having flu so I changed my username to Blood Orange to remind me to eat more fruits. Don't worry, blood orange is a type of orange:D

Anyway, @bebebisous33 are you still following this drama? I miss your analysis on each episode, I think we haven't heard from you since ep14. 

My dear chingu, I am on vacation right now at my parents' house hence I am spending less time on forum soompi. Yesterday I was able to watch the last two episodes. I'll write more, when I am back home.

• Like 19

7 hours ago, nonski said:

Something to watch while waiting for the finale...

Just continue posting Avengers, we are nearing the 600th page mark, I hope we can end here with a bang!

thank you for the MV and for tagging me chingu!! :wub: 

@stroppyse thank you for the translation chingu!! :wub: 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

My dear chingu, I am on vacation right now at my parents' house hence I am spending less time on forum soompi. Yesterday I was able to watch the last two episodes. I'll write more, when I am back home.

It's ok, enjoy your vacation chingu:D

• Like 4

Okay guys, I have been a long time lurker. And have followed this thread for weeks now. But finally I did something that I need to share, I even had to create a soompi account, lol. I wrote a fan fiction! Eeeeee - i have never done this before. So please apologize if there are any mistakes. I was daydreaming way too much after seeing the preview today that I had to write. And before I know it, I was halfway through. I do not know any other places to post it to, so here it goes! Hope you all enjoy!

Cant wait for Friday!! 

She sees him leave through the window, he gives her a wave. She waves back with a bright smile. 

Her whole family is gathered around eagerly waiting to hear her story. It has been all over the news. How there has been a bomb threat at Ainsoft and it has ended up exploding in mid air. Also that the culprit is the same as the serial killer. 

'What happened? Are you all right?' Her dad asks anxiously. 

'Of course am alright, am super good. Am Do Bong Soon anyway' She keeps hopping up and down recounting the whole story. 

'I was all ready to die, you know? Then suddenly I get this feeling over me, that someone else is inside me and in one moment I break all the chains and throw the bomb right over!' She mimcs her actions. 'And that is how Bong Soon saved the day. Your welcome' She finishes with a bow. 

'Have some humility, look how you are showing off just because you got your power back!
Thank the heavens you are alright and that they decided to give you another chance. 
Go to temple and thank them.' Her mom starts pestering 

Bong Ki is silent throughout. He comes close and asks her 'Are you okay?' 

She cant get her words out, she barely nods and dashes off to her room. Behind the doors, the exhaustion takes over her and she collapses onto the floor. Her entire body starts shaking. 'He is okay, he is okay Bong Soon, its all right' 

She picks herself up but his voice comes back. "I am not going anywhere, lets go together" 

------------

Its 2 AM. Min Hyuk is very restless tonight. He knows she is safe but he just cant stop worrying. He can't get over how hopeless he felt during those two minutes. How useless he felt and how stupid he was to leave her along in his office. 

Maybe if he could just hear her voice, he picks up the phone to call her. His house door opens right then and he goes out to see Bong Soon standing there in his doorway. He feels relief, happiness, anger and hurt. "What are you doing here?" He asks angrily. 
How can she come all alone at this time of the night. 

"I missed you" She states simply. She closes the distance between them and hugs him tightly. "Now I feel I can breathe" So does he. He wraps up her in his arms, how he wishes he can never let go. "Do Bong Soon - you are gonna be the death of me" He sighs as they continue to hold onto each other. 

"Why didn't you call me? I would have come picked you up" He started scolding her as soon as they broke apart. "How many times do I have to tell you to not go alone?"

"I am peanut sized king kong, no one can shake me" Bong soon replied mischievously bouncing into the room. "Yah - you are not immortal!"

She seems to be in a cheerful mood. She roams around trying to find ramyun packs muttering how extremely hungry she is. 

"You didn't sleep, Daepyonim? Were you thinking of me?" He cant help laugh, he was finally feeling relieved. Her being here, before his eyes. It is enough.  

She starts chattering non stop about the game and how we can go on another date in weekend. All the while her hands are shaking. Something is off. She is trying too hard. 

He goes up to her, switches off the stove, carries her and puts her up on table so she is on eye level with him. He looks at her questioningly, while she is avoiding his gaze. He puts his finger under her chin forcing her to look at him. 

Unable to avoid his gaze any longer "I couldn't sleep, every time I closed my eyes, I heard your voice. I was very scared." she says her eyes closed and her voice shaking. Opening her eyes, she raises her hand slowly to touch his face. Her hand grazes across his eyebrows and temple. Her voice comes out slow and unsteady like they do whenever she has difficulty in expressing something.

"Am scared now. I know you are right here before me, but am still scared. Am scared I will lose you. I am scared you will get hurt because of me."  

"Am here. Nothing has happened. And you wont lose me. Ever" His hand on her cheek assuring her.  Her hands move to his heart feeling his heartbeat. Looking for proof that he is there. Its not enough.  

She tugs at his shirt collar pulling him closer and kisses him. He kisses her back softly and She pulls him closer with her hands around his neck deepening the kiss. His hands moves to her back pushing himself ever close. Her whole body shivers as his tongue slightly grazes hers. They pull apart slowly looking at each other as Min Hyuk waits for her to make the next move. 

Bong Soon goes in again and this time the kiss is more forceful and urgent with his hands roaming around her back and sides. She gives a little moan that drives him crazy. He wants more of her as his hands automatically move to her waist under her shirt. 
As his skin touches her skin, her entire body is electrified. Somewhere down there she starts feeling very warm and she wants to touch him back. He realizes the danger that they are in and slows down the kiss, breaking apart. She looks at him all flushed and 
confused. 

With his forehead resting on hers, they both gasp for air. 'This is dangerous, its better to stop now. I don't think I will be able to do later' His voice hoarse trying to make a joke to get himself distracted.

But she doesn't want to stop. She should probably feel shy but with Min Hyuk all she feels is safety and love. He is hers and she wants more of it. All of it. And all of her belongs to him.

She pushes him back a little as her hands take the edge of her shirt. She looks at him and pulls off her shirt without hesitation. It falls down on the kitchen floor. Her entire body shivers for a moment looking at his eyes.They are intense and she can 
hardly breathe. She doesn't stop. Her hands slowly go towards his shirt and she pulls it up. He helps her take it off. And looks at her. For a long moment. She touches the scar on his waist, proof of him getting hurt for her. He takes her hand and kisses her palm fiercely. 

Taking her in his arms, he walks towards the bedroom without taking his eyes off her. 

Edited by bongmin
punctuation
  • Like 23

Ahhhh!!! OK so I only just got home and so much to catch up on.

BUT I have to give my episode 13 and 14 verdict:

Episode 13

I know a lot of people didn't like episode 13 but I liked it because it showed that even at their worst, when they're both fighting, BS and MH care a lot about each other. The only real reason they were fighting was because MH was worried about her and felt frustrated about being unable to help, while BS didn't include MH because she didn't want to endanger him. It wasn't an episode that gave you the feels in terms of romance, but it was one that seemed to show that their relationship would stand the test of time. The other thing I liked was that BS isn't a female lead who cares only for her boyfriend - family is as important to her as MH is and when GS was in trouble that was all she could focus on. And I know some people were put off by that, but I think that it makes BS a really well-rounded and lovable character. It didn't mean that she liked MH any less by not accepting his help, but it meant that she wasn't going to wait around for anyone - she truly is a strong character and as much as it frustrated MH in that episode, it's also the same sort of warmth and strength that MH is drawn to about BS.

The action was also really good in this episode and when she lost her powers, I was so depressed for her! I enjoyed the pacing and the fact the the criminal out-smarted her...though I was stressed as hell and hoping that she wouldn't lose her powers forever. The only thing I really disliked was the gangster story. I agree with the person on this thread that said that they felt like they were watching 2 dramas - how do these gangsters even relate to MH and BS anymore?!

Episode 14

Of course, like many of you guys, episode 14 was my favourite episode to date because of that wonderful couch scene. There was so much raw emotion between them two that I think I may have enjoyed it more than the kiss on the beach. MH's words were perfect and he has the most sincere puppy dog eyes to pull it off! But seriously, I thought it was beautiful to see how much he loves and cherishes her...and I thought it was very reflective of his character to feel so much doubt about love - he's always been alone, so the thought of the one person who he cares most about forgetting about him would hurt...but of course BS does love him...she was just pre-occupied with her love for her family too. 

Also Royce chocolates has all my money now from that cute chocolate kiss scene! I enjoyed the playfulness of that scene, along with the fluffy date. It was fun, and light-hearted, and really made up for the tension of the last episode too. 

I also enjoyed the thriller aspects of this episode. Like a few others on this thread @ktcjdrama and @Kasmic, I've thought that they've tried to squeeze too much in this drama sometimes and it does suffer from an identity crisis. But unlike some people, I enjoy the thriller elements of the story - I just think that they could have tightened up the police story, given it a few more suspects to actually make it more crime-like and stripped down the slapstick comedy for the more wittier and hilarious moments (there were just wayyyy too many try-hard groups for comedy - the gangsters, the ahjummas, the monk, the fortune teller, the school kids, the Strategy team leader...too much!) For me, the tense cat and mouse game with the criminal was pretty great and I liked how it showed that BS and MH were willing to die to protect each other. I think a few people didn't like that fact that BS's powers returned abruptly...but I thought it wasn't a cheap way out, but actually a smart nod to a lot of superhero stories - you have to really want to use your powers to save someone else, to use them for good, for them to truly belong to you. I also liked that it was BS who rescued MH rather than the other way around because this series belongs to BS - it's named after her, and it's about her finding out how important her powers are and accepting herself rather than a story about how she was rescued by a guy she liked.. It's empowering. Anyway, that's all I wanted to say ^^

Episode 15 preview

Yassss!!! Looking forward to sweeter scenes...and BS knows why she wants to stay over...haha, it's the same reason as in Coffee Prince! Also the hint of a proposal (and more) is super exciting. I can't decide if I want the end of the week to come quicker so I can see this, or slower so that I can keep watching this series! I'll be sad when it ends...

I wish the entire series had had this level of pacing beforehand  and cut out all those gangster filler scenes...but I'm not complaining. 

• Like 25

10 minutes ago, bongmin said:

Okay guys, I have been a long time lurker. And have followed this thread for weeks now. But finally I did something that I need to share, I even had to create a soompi account, lol. I wrote a fan fiction! Eeeeee - i have never done this before. So please apologize if there are any mistakes. I was daydreaming way too much after seeing the preview today that I had to write. And before I know it, I was halfway through. I do not know any other places to post it to, so here it goes! Hope you all enjoy!

Cant wait for Friday!! 

Hahahahahaha the imagination of yours is jjangg ^_^

• Like 8

5 hours ago, xscalsve said:

PHS just updated this :

Min Min teases : Can you guess what this means?

cr : PHS FB

4 hours ago, xscalsve said:

Its the management update as read previously.

@hmseen it was posted with the caption, so either a baby or many are questioning for a season 2.

Haha when I saw that I immediately thought its supposed to be kim janghyun, is it really supposed to be offsprings (little bongsoon pls?)?

• Like 9