Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

Aigoo. I overslept and missed liverecapping. Went in here and omo the thread moved 30+ pages. Avengers are daebak! 

They did minimize the gangsters and the fake monk scenes although their scenes still feel useless. I liked the swift resolution to BS losing her powers and then regaining them. She regained them last minute but I don't feel it's like some deus ex machina. She sincerely wanted to protect a person she loves rather than saving herself. I can get behind that. 

MH can always read how BS feels but I hurt a bit for him when he feels insecure and thinks he's not in BS's heart. When he said look at me and please love me back, I felt bad for him for pleading. I'm glad BS reassured him and they were cute as always. I just wish BS said I love you back as well but that's for the next episodes I guess. 

Such a tender moment. I love them hugging like this. BS really fits into MH's arms. :wub:

videotogif_2017.04.09_08.59.56.gif

videotogif_2017.04.09_09.01.26.gif

This made me laugh because of the droopy heart that PHS struggled with in the BTS. But yeah, you're an expert on setting our hearts aflutter. 

Screenshot_20170409-080503.png

• Like 29

Looking forward to his next plans... his in a suit and tie looking cocky as ever esp with his sunglasses. Though I dont know his location as we have yet to see him in there. MH office or could it be MH house? :fearful:

• Like 15

Today is the day, I can finally say, I'm dropping this drama....yay. (The yay part is only because I noticed that day and say rhymed and I didn't want to destroy it, so actually non-yay, because I really had high hopes towards this drama, a lil' sad.) Hope you chingus have a great time with the finale and enjoy it very much. :) 

• Like 11

monk nizamuddin is a fake I think. probably a helper in that temple. nizamuddin is more like Islamic name rather than Buddhist. but he's funny

• Like 5

imagename-759_zpsnogriamg.jpg

Andweeeee :blink: why did famous-to-be korean villain always be "bloody hot" ?? That's not fair for my prevoius villain crush hahaha..

• Like 13

This ep is very emotional for me. Or was it just me that gets sentimental for our OTP?

BS and MH: 
My fave scene is the sofa scene. It's rich with so much emotions - but mostly love, acceptance, understanding, and compassion. 
The way BS hesitant to caress MH's face when he's asleep and the way he just pulled BS back to his arms - just kills me. 
MH: Look at me (active)
BS: I'm looking at you (passive
MH: Love me back / Please love me (not sure the literal translation here) - (active
BS: (loong pause, eyes with so much emotion) I do.. love you / I'm doing it now (again, @stroppyse kinda confuse here, which one is the correct one) (passive)
MH: You're as small as a peanut, so you fit inside my heart. But it seems like I don't fit inside yours. (active)
BS: You're in there (passive)
(long pause, watching each other eyes)
Again with the unspoken words.. the phrase, the world belongs to the two of them seem so fitting here. I feel like intruding their most private moments. I love how PBY translated her unspoken words in her eyes. 
MH: I love you (active)
sofa%20scee.jpg
I love how MH seems to understand her unspoken words with him giving the little knowing smile when he hugged her tight.
(That was a really tight hug btw.. cannot wait to see the BTS - the sofa is too narrow for both of them.. kyaaaa) :wub:

MH's love language is active, he's the one who gives love, the initiator. BS's love language is passive, she's the recipient of that love giving and rarely initiates. But what BS couldn't express in words, she expressed in her eyes. Thankfully MH is so adapt to BS - he knows her very well. No wonder MH often behaves like an adorable puppy whenever BS did something/say something to him. Since BS doesnt express her love much, every little thing she does/says means a lot to him.

BS's super power: 
I'm actually glad that she lost her power (and get it back). Every once in a while, we too need to learn our lesson. To appreciate what we have because once we lost it, we might not getting it back and by then regret came too late. 
I'm very interested to know BS's mom's reaction once she finds out BS got her power back. She finally treated BS well when she knew BS lost her power. But somehow, I couldn't help shake the feeling that Mom was 'glad' that BS went through the same way she did. Maybe I was wrong, or maybe I was too bias with Mom's behaviour towards BS in the past. 

Mom's advice to BS:
"BS, are you okay? You'll get used to it soon. It disappears and we become like other people. You had it but now it's gone. It'll be uncomfortable and you'll feel empty for a while. However, do you know what I did, the moment I lost my power? I lifted up weights. I started from the lightest one again. I did what I always did. I went back to my daily life, as if nothing happened. If you do that, you'll end up moving on. Just like everyone else. I'll take good care of you from now on. Do you know why I look after Bong Ki until now? Because of what ran in our family, the daughters took away all the power and the sons were always weak. It was the same with your uncles. BK had so many illness since he was young. It was so heartbreaking. From now on, I'll take even better care of you...."

I'm not sure I totally agree with her advice "as if nothing happened" - it's crucial for people who suffer loss to understand the situation, accept things, and learn how to deal, only then you can move on. As if nothing happened means denial stage, and look at what that made Mom today. She behaved as if she still possessed the power and Dad is not helping either since he's so compliant. 

Which brings to this notion: I'm glad that MH is not Dad. He is so much more powerful than Dad. He is the man behind every great woman! His dedication, unwavering and selfless love will guide BS to reach her full potential. If only Mom had someone like MH in the past, it's possible that she too would turn out well - though I'm not totally convinced with Mom's basic personality - I mean she got it wrong from the first start. Unlike BS who understand to use her power for selfless act, she used her power to gain money and fame. So maybe even if someone like MH helped her, she would turn out even worst. 

Oh, about that selfless act: I think that's the secret behind BS's power: To be totally selfless and willing to sacrifice herself to help others. The moment she said, "Please give me the power. Please help me save him" - she got her power back. Yaaay for BS!! 

@stroppyse Btw, do you mind telling me what did GD wrote in his initial report here?
wat%20gd%20wrote%20copy.jpg

Sorry for the long post. Happy Sunday folks! :heart:

• Like 23

I'm not sure but I get the feeling that GookDoo will have a love interest in this drama. (Possible actress cameo.)

Possible Love interest:

1) BongSoon's cousin - it was mentioned before that BongSoon has uncles (her grandmom mentioned that she has sons). it's possible that her uncle has a daughter who has also the superhuman strength since the superhuman strength runs in the Do Family Women.

2) Female Police Officer - a rookie officer or an officer who was from another district. She will be working at DoBong Police District.  It's possible she will be GookDoo's new police partner.

3) A musician / music instrument player just like his ex girlfriend.

4) A random girl who he helped or accidentally meet or bumped into her.

5) The girl who he meets on his blind date

• Like 12

42 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Looking forward to his next plans... his in a suit and tie looking cocky as ever esp with his sunglasses. Though I dont know his location as we have yet to see him in there. MH office or could it be MH house? :fearful:

His side profile resembles Siwan so much it is hurting my brain....
I am looking forward to the day where Siwan and PHS can act together.....probably only in my dream*sigh*

• Like 11

After watching subbed version twice... i just realized even though there is not cliffhanger for us.... going to hard waiting again...

another week and then... ohhh... what to do during friday and Saturday night? Back to date again? After watching how mh stares, care, love, cherish bs... i need a new bf...... wonder if phs is really single?

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, holyfea said:

Andweeeee :blink: why did famous-to-be korean villain always be "bloody hot" ?? That's not fair for my prevoius villain crush hahaha..

Yeah, I know right. He's so distracting. Ridiculously hot. I keep being torn between the anger towards the character and the thought that the actor has a lot of potential to become famous with a righteous character later on. He gives me the feeling similar to Si Wan ( Ze:A)

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

Mom's advice to BS:
"BS, are you okay? You'll get used to it soon. It disappears and we become like other people. You had it but now it's gone. It'll be uncomfortable and you'll feel empty for a while. However, do you know what I did, the moment I lost my power? I lifted up weights. I started from the lightest one again. I did what I always did. I went back to my daily life, as if nothing happened. If you do that, you'll end up moving on. Just like everyone else. I'll take good care of you from now on. Do you know why I look after Bong Ki until now? Because of what ran in our family, the daughters took away all the power and the sons were always weak. It was the same with your uncles. BK had so many illness since he was young. It was so heartbreaking. From now on, I'll take even better care of you...."

I'm not sure I totally agree with her advice "as if nothing happened" - it's crucial for people who suffer loss to understand the situation, accept things, and learn how to deal, only then you can move on. As if nothing happened means denial stage, and look at what that made Mom today. She behaved as if she still possessed the power and Dad is not helping either since he's so compliant. 

Which brings to this notion: I'm glad that MH is not Dad. He is so much more powerful than Dad. He is the man behind every great woman! His dedication, unwavering and selfless love will guide BS to reach her full potential. If only Mom had someone like MH in the past, it's possible that she too would turn out well - though I'm not totally convinced with Mom's basic personality - I mean she got it wrong from the first start. Unlike BS who understand to use her power for selfless act, she used her power to gain money and fame. So maybe even if someone like MH helped her, she would turn out even worst. 

Oh, about that selfless act: I think that's the secret behind BS's power: To be totally selfless and willing to sacrifice herself to help others. The moment she said, "Please give me the power. Please help me save him" - she got her power back. Yaaay for BS!! 

@stroppyse Btw, do you mind telling me what did GD wrote in his initial report here?

Sorry for the long post. Happy Sunday folks! :heart:

Sorry for cutting your post, I just want to say that I really like your post I have the same sentiment. This episode is very emotional.

When Mom comforts Bongsoon and tells her that everything is gonna be alright, just start from the smallest step. It's very heartwarming and courageous, but I also do see some problem with pretending as if nothing  happens , we probably never can get over anything just by pretending it didn't happen. 

12 minutes ago, catscomics said:

His side profile resembles Siwan so much it is hurting my brain....
I am looking forward to the day where Siwan and PHS can act together.....probably only in my dream*sigh*

Indeed, right? I thought he really look like Siwan right? I have just made that comment and I saw your comment. I wish to see Siwan and Hyungsik in a same drama soon as well. Though it's hard but maybe 

• Like 12

1 minute ago, greentea3berry said:

Indeed, right? I thought he really look like Siwan right? I have just made that comment and I saw your comment. I wish to see Siwan and Hyungsik in a same drama soon as well. Though it's hard but maybe 

Especially that top right pic!! I was just scrolling then I saw that pic and I was like am I in the wrong thread!?

• Like 7

I am so glad they ended ep.14 that way instead of the cliffhanger I was imagining and dreading. But seriously, was that a bomb or fireworks tied to BS? Granted, either will do the intended damage.

This episode redeemed ep.13, which I thought was the worst episode of all. I really love many instances in this episode. The love declaration, the dating as normal ppl, the bond between BS and KS (I love how they are conversing with each other so naturally in the middle of their sobs).

Now that the speculation of gangs/indian monk becoming BS aid while she lost her power does not stand anymore since she's got her power back, I wonder what purpose they still serve in the story line? Final show down with BS? lol, I was forgetting our psycho kidnapper is still at large. And I am SO GLAD they didn't drag her being powerless for longer than an episode. But it's good for her to experience life being powerless. That way she can know for sure what she wants, and appreciate her power more.

This show (story) has great potential, esp.with such cast. It's a pity there is an identity crisis (which I think is the main problem here) as to what kind of genre it is. Is it a rom-com? Sci-fi-supernatural? Mystery? Crime? Family affairs? They are trying to do too much. I've been ffwd a lot of scenes lately. Am only sticking around to watch our adorable leads. Can't get enough of them, be they bickering, teasing, arguing, dating, angsting, caring... I don't get tired seeing these two. PHS has made it into my list of fave actors, not just for his good looks, but he truly is good in acting and so adorably cute. Even LMH isn't on my list, haha.... PBY of course is already on the list, reason why I check out this show in the first place.

• Like 13

@penelop3 - you're not the only one, I am so moved by this episode! I love AMH for her. He is the one she should be with, never mind the fact that she loves him too. There were three occasions where she was in danger and both he and GD go looking for her but MH always got there first: Episode 9 (when she's fighting the gang and he steps in and gets stabbed), Episode 13 (when she loses her power and he comes to save her), and finally, this episode. He is meant to be for her and I think the writer has consistently shown this. GD never really reaches her until later. I am glad that he and AMH are communicating more though! I think in the upcoming episodes, we might even see them forge a friendship. 

The couch scene was truly so beautifully executed. I could feel so much emotions through their eyes and facial expressions. When PHS pulls PBY to him, you can see a tear fall down the bridge of his very pretty nose. Moments like these are rare and I would think slightly difficult to act when it's such a technical scene. There are probably lighting behind them, loads of staff and crew around, a camera in each of their faces. I would find it hard to concentrate and really focus on delivering such charged lines but per usual, they both were amazing in it. The hug - I don't think I can even articulate it anymore - seriously, I love this couple. They are SO good as AMH and DBS. I hope they show the BTS for this scene. I'd like to see how they were able to get themselves there for this scene. 

And finally, the last minutes of the drama. It is so hard to verbalize, like many others have said. His love for her so beautiful and strong, like her strength. Come on, happy ending! I really enjoyed the way this episode was paced and filmed. I think it might be my favorite episode. There was romance, a little bit of comedy, and action. 

PBY is such a pretty cry-er. Like even when she is bawling, she is beautiful. She did so well in this drama and I am glad to see that she was nominated for a Baeksang. I'm sad that PHS wasn't- he is exceptional in this. 

Anyways, just my thoughts! Next weekend, I have my bachelorette so I can't watch the ending until Sunday night but for sure I will be sneaking into this thread. Please tag me if something smexy happens next week! lol the thirst is that real. I'm sad that the drama will be over next week but I am also happy that I can finally sleep like a normal human being again haha 

P.S. - I was also slightly thankful that the bomb turned into fireworks because through my tears, I was like laughing and crying - albeit like a crazy woman. 

• Like 19

Finally got to backtrack and also watch Episode 14. I could just imagine how much tension it was during the livestream and recap. Thank you so much to all the recappers. Gosh this episode felt like it finished in a flash (I had to double check that it was still the usual 1hr 07min-ish.

The last 20 minutes was just daebak!!! So it seems hurting innocent people (or using powers for personal gain or with extreme anger/revenge) will make someone lose the power but it can come back when it's used to sincerely save/help someone else. I agree with most of the posts, refreshing to see that MH was not portrayed as a typical knight in shining armor. He literally did not save the girl but it was so touching to see him refuse to leave BS alone and he even said he won't ever leave her alone (major awwww).

One more week or waiting and then its the end. Awww not sure how my kdrama heart will handle the end of this series. I guess ep 15 will be the "Ultimate Battle" and Episode 16 will be happy moments.

I know this will sound like a broken record now but the writer has got to have something planned for thr gangsters, I cant for the heck of it figure out how they will factor in the story. For BS mom, ok so now that explains why he was more caring to BK, but then the part about why she's like that to her husband is still unexplainable. In the previous episode there was a glimpse of her really liking her husband and that she's just jealous of GD mom and that was continued this week. But is she really masking her love by acting like a bully? 

Btw, some update about the DVD/BluRay. They are still gathering opinion/feedback on what to include in the package. Also latest comments seem to indicate that what will be produced (BluRay or DVD) will be based on the survey. Sigh, I know BR is really expensive but given how I love this drama I'd still buy it.

• Like 11

Im holding ep 13 and 14 as hostage until i finish my asgments. Sigh... but sneaking to catch some of the ig posting of the drama... 

I really love the intimate moment of the sofa scene.. sigh.. BS is like that.. she is not so vocal when it comes to something that can make her vulnereable i.e her heart.. just see all the years waste on GD. She never mention or hinting any to GD. And unlike MH.. GD were used to be treated special since school didnt see these hints. Those smize n all... 

Its not a surprise if she is like that.. growing up with that kind of mother will have the effect on u. She bare her soul in her wide eyes, affection and smiles... MH knows it.. because he watch her look at her from many angle.. like a game character.. he really look and understand what makes her tick.. 

Anyway.. sigh i really really hate the picnic dress... it reminded me of those victorian design, my grandma used to have curtains n couch like that... MH is totally smitten by her to be jaw dropping by this dress.. or perhaps he just like to see BS showing some skin n legs he he he he he cant wait to see when summer come and she will be donning a lot of sundresses... then i wonder what is his reactions teehehhehe

• Like 10