Quantcast
BellyButton

Ruyi's Royal Love In The Palace 如懿传 2018 (Currently broadcasting)

@dejun I agree. Pace is a little slower than Yanxi IMO but I like Ruyi’s storyline. It really show the details and daily struggle of the palace ladies. I never watch ZhenHuan so I’m not sure if it’s the same as Yanxi? To me Yanxi is yet another typical concubines fighting drama :P I don’t mind watching Yanxi, in fact I’m currently watching it as well since it’s airing here (TVB version) but the plot is not very surprising. 

I like Ruyi’s twist and plot, though moving slowly it was telling a tale, a tale that answer questions like why they (the concubines) fight, why do they bad mouth each other etc etc. 

And yeah, life in the palace is like a warrior in the ancient Roman coliseum.. either fight till you die or die straightaway :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, cassiemissy said:

@dejun I agree. Pace is a little slower than Yanxi IMO but I like Ruyi’s storyline. It really show the details and daily struggle of the palace ladies. I never watch ZhenHuan so I’m not sure if it’s the same as Yanxi? To me Yanxi is yet another typical concubines fighting drama :P I don’t mind watching Yanxi, in fact I’m currently watching it as well since it’s airing here (TVB version) but the plot is not very surprising. 

I like Ruyi’s twist and plot, though moving slowly it was telling a tale, a tale that answer questions like why they (the concubines) fight, why do they bad mouth each other etc etc. 

And yeah, life in the palace is like a warrior in the ancient Roman coliseum.. either fight till you die or die straightaway :joy:

From what i know Yanxi is more about the palace this is generally focused around one female. 

Yanxi more loyal to real history also. 

Luck or Fate? 6 royal connections among the cast of Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace

4f34e96b-f836-45d8-82cb-de792f335b47.jpg

Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace unveils a captivating love story between Ruyi (Zhou Xun) and Emperor Qianlong (Wallace Huo) as it seeks to solve a century-old mystery, The new historical saga is supported by a stellar cast of actors who, by coincidence or luck, have surprising connections. Have you noticed? Take a look!

<Spoilers>

1. Wallace Huo plays Emperor Qianlong in the new historical drama. But, did you know his wife, actress Ruby Lin, rose to fame in the extremely popular rom-com series My Fair Princessas the missing princess who returned to Qianlong's palace? That would make Wallace her on-screen father, in an accidental cross-drama match!

In this photo, Ruby Lin was the one wearing an orange outfit, standing next to Zhang Tielin who played Emperor Qianlong. (BTW, that's Fan Bingbing playing Ruby's maid, standing at the left.)

Spoiler

b67ab918-3ddd-4130-84ca-de664047b8f9.jpg

Spoiler

Additionally, while Wallace and Ruby were just friends, they co-starred in The Glamorous Concubine where he, as Emperor, forced her character to become his concubine. As the show's producer, Ruby was the one who asked Wallace to play the temperamental but enigmatic character. Fans are super happy that they have a different ending in real life

da26675c-9554-4dcb-835d-8823091aef35.jpg

Read more on DramaFever Blog

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wotad said:

From what i know Yanxi is more about the palace this is generally focused around one female. 

Yanxi more loyal to real history also. 

Yes, Empress Fucha is according to history in Yanxi, being the virtuous wife that Qianlong love the most. 

I read somewhere a Ruyi fan commented that it was explained in the novel that Qianlong requested for his historian to note down history that say Fucha is his most beloved wife as he feel guilty towards her in the end. So that explains :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cassiemissy said:

I read somewhere a Ruyi fan commented that it was explained in the novel that Qianlong requested for his historian to note down history that say Fucha is his most beloved wife as he feel guilty towards her in the end. So that explains :sweatingbullets:

^ I can somewhat believe it. My point all along is that history is written by those in power that wants to control the narrative. That is why it's important for multiple historical records to correlate for events, situations and how things are. Relying only on one source of data is weak. Imagine if we had diaries to the different consorts and writings of palace maids etc. They could paint a different picture. 

So how is everyone liking the drama? I can't wait to start...just waiting for more episodes to be sub and having time to watch etc. I see ppl. complaining about Zhou Xun's age now...ugh. It's not a big deal for me but it seems this drama can't catch a break....

• Like 4

I just finished episode 6. Watching Emperor Qianlong flirted with his newest concubine is annoying, but I understand that he may have do that to protect Ruyi. I really like Hong Li and Qian Ying, when they are both young and innocent. Now, they are older and they both have to watch what they do, and carefully observed themselves in the palace. I somehow wish that the story would be based on their younger years, how interesting that would be. That is true, we don't know what really happens in the past. Those historical recordings are recorded by people that can write or eliminate what they want to write down for history. Who really knows whom Emperor Qianlong really loves at all?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

I just finished episode 6. Watching Emperor Qianlong flirted with his newest concubine is annoying, but I understand that he may have do that to protect Ruyi. I really like Hong Li and Qian Ying, when they are both young and innocent. Now, they are older and they both have to watch what they do, and carefully observed themselves in the palace. I somehow wish that the story would be based on their younger years, how interesting that would be. That is true, we don't know what really happens in the past. Those historical recordings are recorded by people that can write or eliminate what they want to write down for history. Who really knows whom Emperor Qianlong really loves at all?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm going to look forward to how "they have to watch what they do" because I think this was a big part of how living in the palace was like - it adds a very realistic bent on their lives. Despite being people with incredible power + status and wealth -- they really didn't have freedom. 

• Like 1

Ep 8 was so sad. All the schemes and bullying against Hai Yan is too much! Noble Consort is a horrible person. It is so scary how one word from the Emperor and a person can be put to death. Shame on Noble Consort for not even defending the maid that works with her to frame Hai Yan, but the maid also deserved death too because she schemes with Noble Consort to framed Hai Yan. Back in those days, I cannot imagined why anyone would want to work in the palace, there are lot of bullying and schemes going on among every branches of the government and in the harem. Wouldn't it be better to be a commoner? Although, I could see why some people would want to work in the palace for maybe some better comfort and pay, than being a commoner? I am liking the pace of the episodes, I am looking forward to Ruyi stepping it up in the harem/palace and how she will deal with the harem when she become in charge. 

Question, I thought Ruyi is second highest next to the empress? But, it seems like Noble consort is 2nd in command next to the empress? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rosierosie said:

Question, I thought Ruyi is second highest next to the empress? But, it seems like Noble consort is 2nd in command next to the empress? 

Empress Dowager forbid it when Ruyi could join finally join them at the Palace (after Qian Long ascended the throne). Qian Long is thinking that when Ruyi bears a child, he will promote her to Gui Fei. 

I’m enjoying this drama. Ruyi has a calm way of dealing with problems. Instead of immediately confronting the evil doer, she bides her time and waits for a good opportunity - like the “one arrow shoot 4 birds” situation when she saved herself from Gao Gui Fei’s evil plot to get her into trouble, while saving Lian Xin also.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, rosierosie said:

In history their were two women, one higher in rank, the other equal rank to Ruyi. The noble consort (Gui Fèi) was the only one to given this title, so wasn’t given a name/character to distinguish.  The one of equal rank, died a two months before Qianlong before he became emperor, but gave birth to he first child and son, who is Ruyi’s step son in this drama. So to answer the question, yes. If those didn’t die before the Empress did I believe Ruyi would have never even reached the title of empress. 

Once you have become a Noble consort, you have considerable amount of pull in the harem.

Ruyi become one around the time the first Guifèi passes away. Then she will be the second in charge.

• Like 2

Been busy and not up to.date. Saw raw ep 8. Why is QL angry with Ruyi? Did he sleep with Hailan after that? :D

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, impoppies said:

Epi 18 was good. Some excitement, finally. Can't wait for Ruyi to hit back big time.

I watched it unsubbed all the way to episode 18 as well. Since I read some background stories before the show started, I knew her maid would betray her but I never realized she would be so petty. Her punishment wasn't even that harsh....it's ridiculous. Looking at the trailer, it seems like Ruyi isn't coming back until the end of the 20-30 episodes. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BellyButton said:

Been busy and not up to.date. Saw raw ep 8. Why is QL angry with Ruyi? Did he sleep with Hailan after that? :D

Can’t quite remember much of epi 8 now. Was it about the

Spoiler

birth mom thing? If so, QL minds that side of his parentage terribly, caring yet at the same time shunning, hence the uncharacteristic outburst and subsequent cold-shouldering of Ruyi. No, he didn’t. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, etelou1 said:

I watched it unsubbed all the way to episode 18 as well. Since I read some background stories before the show started, I knew her maid would betray her but I never realized she would be so petty. Her punishment wasn't even that harsh....it's ridiculous. Looking at the trailer, it seems like Ruyi isn't coming back until the end of the 20-30 episodes. 

Oh. We're getting 19 and 20 in a few hours so that's fine, but till the end of 30? :weary:

Yeah. The maid thing was brewing for quite a bit too.

Spoiler

That comment from the emperor about her dad completely went to her head. Though it wouldn't have made that much of an impact had it not been for her vanities and ambitions to begin with. "Entitled" comes to mind. And all that mocking of Lianxin's situation. Downright unpleasant of her.

You gals are so ahead. Where are you watching from?

Ep14

Spoiler

LOL I am not at all sad that Mei Kuei gave birth to monster. Why is baby stillborn? Did someone poison her?

4 hours ago, impoppies said:

Can’t quite remember much of epi 8 now. Was it about the

Reveal hidden contents

birth mom thing? If so, QL minds that side of his parentage terribly, caring yet at the same time shunning, hence the uncharacteristic outburst and subsequent cold-shouldering of Ruyi. No, he didn’t. 

Ruyi's maid appears potential problem from the start. Talk without thinking and vain. 

Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace to release more episodes per week

Ruyi%2527s+Royal+Love+Air+Schedule.jpg

Beginning this September, Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace 如懿传 will be releasing more episodes. The show has extended its weekly schedule by one day to air two episodes from Monday to Friday at 8pm. Episodes 23-26 will be released for Tencent members this Friday to adjust for the new schedule. Tencent members will continue to watch 8 episodes ahead of the general public. 

source