Quantcast
tokimisu

What products are best for Asian hair after bleaching and frying your hair?

I'm in quite a bind right now because I think I bleached my hair too much too soon. I know I should now avoid using shampoo for a while and keep using moisturizing stuff, but WHAT products should I use exactly?

Hair type: Naturally wavy, easily tangles, thick, also naturally frizzy-ish

To those of you who bleached their hair to almost platinum blond, what products did you use to help manage your hair? the most inner layers of my hair feel fried and way drier than the upper layers. Since I bleached my hair by myself, I believe it came out uneven this way since I left the bleach in longer in on section than the other. I do plan to trim my hair regardless about 4", but I wanted some suggestions on what products work best for my type of Asian hair. I think the ethnicity of the hair makes a big difference because what works for a caucasian person may not work well for me. Tips and advice please?

• Like 2

After seven+ years of looking for products that really work and that actually you see the difference i would have to say Batana Oil or the brand Ojon Batana. As a skin and hair treatment. It encourages thick, shiny hair, solution for dandruff, dry scalp, dry hair and repairs damaged hair, it’s known to eradicate graying hair.

It really incredible!! 

Just now, batana1 said:

Edited by batana1
  • Like 1

I have Asian hair, white with grey, dead straight & short.

In late 2014 after my hair was damaged caused by exposure to 15 weeks post op radiotherapy. My hairdresser chopped all the fried bits off and told me to get Pro-Naturals hair repair system. I did and started using it for one week in every six weeks and after six months my hair was totally restored. I still use it and for the other 5 weeks I use Optima Tea Tree shampoo & conditioner. I do use the argan oil leave in treatment after every shampoo as it is a super heat protectant. My hair is lovely and shiny, no heat damage and no split ends or static.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AddyB said:

I have Asian hair, white with grey, dead straight & short.

In late 2014 after my hair was damaged caused by exposure to 15 weeks post op radiotherapy. My hairdresser chopped all the fried bits off and told me to get Pro-Naturals hair repair system. I did and started using it for one week in every six weeks and after six months my hair was totally restored. I still use it and for the other 5 weeks I use Optima Tea Tree shampoo & conditioner. I do use the argan oil leave in treatment after every shampoo as it is a super heat protectant. My hair is lovely and shiny, no heat damage and no split ends or static.

Wow, congrats on your recovery and thanks so much for the recommendations! I looked up the products and Amazon and added them to my list! Can't wait to try them out. =)

• Like 1

On 16.05.2016 at 6:32 PM, tokimisu said:

I'm in quite a bind right now because I think I bleached my hair too much too soon. I know I should now avoid using shampoo for a while and keep using moisturizing stuff, but WHAT products should I use exactly?

To those of you who bleached their hair to almost platinum blond, what products did you use to help manage your hair? the most inner layers of my hair feel fried and way drier than the upper layers. Since I bleached my hair by myself, I believe it came out uneven this way since I left the bleach in longer in on section than the other. I do plan to trim my hair regardless about 4", but I wanted some suggestions on what products work best for my type of Asian hair. I think the ethnicity of the hair makes a big difference because what works for a caucasian person may not work well for me. Tips and advice please?

I can understand you greatly because I had the same problem after bleachings too, my hair was awful and such a massive hair loss...:( I don't think that avoiding shampoos at all is really a good idea, in fact it depends on which one you use :) For such cases I noticed that the best for me were the organic ones with oils like in this list http://machohairstyles.com/best-shampoo-for-men/ for example, they're really helpful ^_^
Also I can recommend you to massage your scalp every day, taking good vitamins and making masks from different natural products :) I mean various oils like coconut one, aloe, eggs and so on :)

Use-an-Aloe-and-Egg-White-Mask.jpg

• Like 1

* If your hair is fried from bleaching -- get a protein treatment

- Olaplex No. 3

- ApHogee 2-step protein treatment and/or 2-minute reconstructor

- Giovanni hair reconstructor

DIY alternative:

- weekly coconut oil/ argan oil hair mask plus daily dose of Vitamin B complex

* If you're planning  to bleach your hair but don't want it to get fried

Olaplex No. 1 followed by Olaplex No. 2 

* If you want to recolor your hair but don't want to bleach it

- Pravana color extractor followed by a protein filler  and then color it as usual 

DIY alternative:

- several rounds of Vitamin C hair mask to strip off hair color  +  deep conditioner

• Like 2

On 5/19/2016 at 8:07 PM, tokimisu said:

Wow, congrats on your recovery and thanks so much for the recommendations! I looked up the products and Amazon and added them to my list! Can't wait to try them out. =)

Thanks so much, got my 3rd year clear in October 2016 - yay!

• Like 1

On 5/16/2016 at 6:32 PM, tokimisu said:

hi. I cannot advice you a shampo because it's so individual thing, but... I can say from my own experience that the jojoba and argan oils are a really brilliant for hair care. try to add 2-3 drops in shampoo before washing and you'll see a result shortly. I used to buy oils in drug store, but my sister gave me some discount that she has found online http://nutritionsguru.com/singapore/iherb-coupon-code , so now I order them online. try it, hope it''ll help you just like me :D

Edited by patricia23
  • Like 1

Palmer's Coconut Protein Pack I use it once a week on my hair. Usually I'll leave it in for about 30 minutes and apply mild heat before I rinse it out. I stripped my hair 6 times bleached it twice, and dyed it crazy color like this on newaylook, all within 3 days :huh:This product literally saved my hair. Not only is it cheap, but it works wonders.

And wish you good blonde hair in the end like on pic below^_^

0acd86d5934afed0c6346e3edf089ed5.jpg

• Like 1

Used to be I always bleaching my hair 3 times a year. 

Right after the process my hairdresser will put hair mask before wash it. 

And my daily treatment after:

1. Wash my hair with shampoo. I use Any shampoo. Loreal or kids shampoo

2. After use shampoo. Conditioning my hair with hair mask from Matrix. Leave it for 10 minutes then wash

3. Dry the hair

4. I use matrix frizz-off product after that. Or Matrix hair serum.

I wash my hair every 3 days.