tikamacika

[Weekend Drama 2016] Laurel Tree Tailors 월계수양복점신사들 ~ Starring Cha In Pyo, Ra Mi Ran ~

:blush:hello @mizzK21

the instruments in the drama are not published so we have no idea too where to get them...I personally find the instruments are nice too!

So far these are the songs downloadable:

Say say say - Ji Soo

Hey Love - Lee Yu Rim

First Love - IU

sorry I couldn't help much!
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, mizzK21 said:

What a wonderful drama! Does anyone know where to find the songs to this drama. Haven't been able to located many but, only 4 songs. There are so many instrumental music background and I want to know the name of the song which is played in episode 54 when Hyo Won is drawing Tae Yang on the rooftop. Please provide me links or where I can find the songs. Been tricky when the title of the drama is not consistent and I've had to either search under 'Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop' or 'Laurel Tree Tailor Shop'.

Any help greatly appreciated :)

The OST for the rooftop scene is Flower Road by Sejoung

• Like 1

On 11/03/2017 at 7:29 PM, delphinium8593 said:

:blush:hello @mizzK21

the instruments in the drama are not published so we have no idea too where to get them...I personally find the instruments are nice too!

So far these are the songs downloadable:

Say say say - Ji Soo

Hey Love - Lee Yu Rim

First Love - IU

sorry I couldn't help much!

Thank you delphinium8593 :D I will be patient and wait a bit longer for the songs to be published. Cheers and thank you for listing the others.

9 hours ago, amy.aida said:

The OST for the rooftop scene is Flower Road by Sejoung

Thank you amy.aida! Greatly appreciated :D

• Like 1

chingoos now that you're on the topic of OSTs i believe i can put my 2 cents re this aside from i loved them i noticed too, am sure you did notice it too that the classical music they play once in a while as b/ground music that if the scene is sad, they changed the tempo, if the scene is a happy one they changed it to a faster tempo! I thought that was really neat & cute! :)

i will hv to re-watch some scenes again as soon as i hv a chance!

hello to you all & glad that we're still a bit active albeit the drama finished already! LOL take care chingoos!

hey guys! 

I had to come out of lurking because I am mid-way through the drama and I am super annoyed at Choi Ji Yun!! I just want to know : - does she really get together in the end with MHS?? 

btw, congrats to LDG-JYH! I really think he looks more compatible with JYH! :D

xx

• Like 1

Sad news today...my deepest condolences...mau she rest in peace, grateful for her last drama that leaves a beautiful memory in our hearts

• Like 4

April 9, 2017

Actress Kim Young-ae dies of pancreatic cancer at 65

SEOUL, April 9 (Yonhap) -- The prolific screen and television actress Kim Young-ae died of pancreatic cancer on Sunday. She was 65.

She passed away peacefully on Friday morning after falling into critical condition a month earlier, her only son, Lee Min-woo, said.

Kim was first diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2012 while she was appearing in the popular TV series "Moon Embracing the Sun," aired by broadcasting channel MBC.

The diagnosis, however, did not stop her acting career. She added eight movies to her already long filmography afterwards and appeared in seven TV series, juggling acting and cancer treatment.

Her last role was in the 54-episode KBS TV series "The Laurel Tree Tailors," which lasted from August to February.

Born in the southern port city of Busan in 1951, Kim debuted as an actress for the MBC at the age of 20.

She appeared in 62 movies and more than 100 TV series.

AEN20170409002700315_01_i.jpg

pbr@yna.co.kr

Actress Kim Young-ae dies of cancer at 65 

By Ko Dong-hwan The Korea Times

K2017040900161-300(1).jpg

Screen and television actress Kim Young-ae died of pancreatic cancer Sunday. She was 65.

She passed away after falling into critical condition a month earlier, according to her son, Lee Min-woo.

Kim was first diagnosed with the cancer in 2012 while appearing in TV drama "Moon Embracing the Sun" on MBC. Despite the diagnosis, her acting career did not stop, doing eight more movies and seven TV series. Her latest work was TV series "The Laurel Tree Tailors" on KBS, which lasted from August to February.

Born in Busan, Kim debuted as an actress for MBC at the age of 20. Her filmography includes 62 movies and more than 100 TV series. 

aoshima11@ktimes.com

• Like 7

Such an amazing woman to have been able to juggle her cancer treatments and acting. I admire her greatly and what a loss  to the acting world and her family and friends.

• Like 8

Sad news. 

Had an amazing career with very different roles. I'm glad she got to live her dream till the end. She will be missed. 

• Like 5

Such sad news. KYA is really amazing and admirable as an actress. Despite her battle with cancer, she continued to act with so much passion - making us hate her character and then to our surprise, forgiving the character again. She made the drama memorable. A few extra details from other news:

• The relapse in her condition was known early after the drama started. She continued filming while getting treatment at the hospital until the end of the 50 episodes.
  • Cha In Pyo revealed that she once told him in the waiting room that she prayed to God to be able to live to complete the 50 episodes. She did not want to cause any inconvenience to the production team and the cast. This is a video shared by CIP for the last farewell with KYA at the drama set: http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/video/2602000001.html?cid=MYH20170409006400797&input=1181m
  • In a final interview, KYA said that if it wasn't for the filming of Wolgyesu, she would have lost the motivation to live. The production team wanted to add a thank you note in the captions for her final appearance in appreciation of her perseverance and professionalism. KYA refused because it was part of her job as an actress.
  • Her funeral will be held on the 11th. Most of the Wolgyesu cast as well as other co-stars from her past works have confirmed to attend.
  • Like 9

Kim Young-ae, an amazing actress indeed.  Deepest sympathy and condolences to her family, RIP KYA!!

• Like 4

My deepest condolence for he family of this wonderful motherly actress. She will be greatly missed. She always play all her characters with passion.:cry:

• Like 4

April 9, 2017

Actress Kim Young-ae passes away at age 66

Source: Sports Donga via Hancinema.net

photo837449.jpg

Actress Kim Young-ae died on the 9th. She was 66 years old.

She'd been struggling with pancreatic cancer that recurred last year but her condition worsened and she passed away on the 9th.

Although she was sick, she starred in the KBS 2TV drama "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" until the 26th of February. She'd been working on it since the 27th of August.

However, her illness recurred not long after the drama ended.

It turns out she didn't want to let anyone know about her illness and wanted to finish the drama.

Kim Young-ae was so eager in "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop". She stood firm in doing everything she could for the drama.

The actress was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2012 and thought she'd overcome it.

The illness didn't stop her from acting.

She had surgery in 2012 but she made a comeback right away and starred in "The Attorney", "Cart", "Proof of Innocence" and more.

She even confessed that she was even more thirsty to act after having been sick. However, "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" became her last.

Her funeral is being held in Sinchon, Seoul.

Lee Dong-geon, Jo Yoon-hee and Ra Mi-ran attend Kim Young-ae's funeral

Source: StarNews via Hancinema.net

photo837450.jpg

The cast of "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" paid their respects to the late actress Kim Young-ae.

Her funeral is being held at the Severance Hospital in Sinchon, Seoul.

Many actors from the drama "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" such as Lee Dong-geon, Jo Yoon-hee, Ra Mi-ran, Oh Hyeon-kyeong, Hyun Woo and more paid their respects to the actress.

Ra Mi-ran said, "I can't express the sadness through words but I'll never be able to forget the passion she showed until the last day. She will be a good example for us all".

Meanwhile, Kim Young-ae passed away on the 9th. She had surgery for pancreatic cancer in 2012 but the illness recurred last year.

photo837451.jpg

• Like 6

April 10, 2017

(Yonhap Interview) 'Wolgyesu' kept me up in my final days: late actress Kim Young-ae

By Chang Dong-woo and Youn Go-eun

SEOUL, April 10 (Yonhap) -- Kim Young-ae, the life-long South Korean actress who recently passed away from pancreatic cancer, said her final work on the KBS 2TV series "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop" is what kept her persevering in her final days.

In an exclusive interview with Yonhap News Agency before her passing, Kim said that "I would have let myself go if it wasn't for this drama," referring to "Wolgyesu," the weekend drama series that finished its broadcast in February.

Kim, who passed away on Friday at 65, was first diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2012 while she was appearing in the popular TV series "Moon Embracing the Sun." She began her acting career at the age of 20 in 1971 after being hired by MBC TV.

The diagnosis, however, did not stop her acting career. She added eight movies -- including box office hits such as "Operation: Chromite," "The Attorney" and "Pandora" -- to her already long filmography afterwards and appeared in seven TV series, juggling acting and cancer treatment.

In this file photo, late actress Kim Young-ae laughs at a media event for her movie "Proof of Innocence" on April 11, 2016, at the CGV-Apgujeong theater in southern Seoul. (Yonhap)

In this file photo, late actress Kim Young-ae laughs at a media event for her movie "Proof of Innocence" on April 11, 2016, at the CGV-Apgujeong theater in southern Seoul. (Yonhap)

"I forced myself to eat to continue with my acting. I was so sorry that my condition worsened after filming began," the actress said, adding that she "prayed and prayed so as to finish the drama without causing trouble."

Kim said that during the final four months of the series, she commuted back and forth between her hospital and the film set, pushing forward with her work against the advice of her doctor.

Even though Kim knew she was terminally ill, she said "her mind became clear only when filming the drama."

"Someone told me to give up everything and go live in the countryside where the air is great. But not me."

She said she couldn't imagine herself outside of acting, "What would I live for without acting?"

"People ask me whether I can memorize my lines when I'm sick. When acting I have no problem memorizing my lines."

Through out her life-long show business career, Kim has appeared in 62 movies and more than 100 TV series. She picked the 1996 SBS TV show "Brothers' River," 1999 series "Wave" and KBS 2TV's "Hwang Jini" of 2006 as her most proudest works.

"For me, 'Brothers' River' is the work that has broadened my scope of work. It's also the one that cemented my maternal image."

Kim picked "Wave" for unique romantic tale surrounding a mother character and the 2006 period series "Hwang Jini" for its overall superb production value.

"The series is 10 years old but it's an outstanding work to the degree of wanting to show it to foreigners as an introduction to Korean culture. Even to this day its not a bit awkward and I'm very proud of it."

odissy@yna.co.kr

Photo: CINE21

• Like 7

Ms. Kim Young Ae's indomitable spirit will be remembered by fellow actors and the audience. Best wishes for her final farewell.

• Like 4

just opened up hancinema N so sad to learn of her passing, such a veteran N a great actress! our prayers & deepest sympathy to her family - MAY SHE REST IN PEACE! SHE WILL BE MISSED!

we're so glad that we're able to see her in this Tailor drama which gave us a chance to remember her final work! so sad really!

• Like 3

A sad clip to share, actress Kim Young Ae's last day filming 'Laurel Tree Tailors' with her co-stars sending her off.

If we click on the video to watch at the Youtube page, there will be more related news videos listed.

Published on April 8, 2017 by TongTongTv 통통영상

• Like 4

Sad news and happy news in a span of 2 months.. real VS reel.

May 2, 2017 

Actor Lee Dong-gun weds drama co-star Cho Youn-hee 

SEOUL May 2 (Yonhap) -- South Korean actor Lee Dong-gun and actress Cho Youn-hee, who played a fictional couple in a recent TV series, became an actual married couple, according to their agencies Tuesday.

"Legally speaking, they have become a married couple," FNC Entertainment and KINGKONG Entertainment said. The companies also announced that Cho was pregnant.

"We're waiting for our baby with gratitude and excitement," Lee said. He promised to "become a better actor and also present an image of a model father."

The two plan to throw a wedding after Lee's upcoming KBS 2TV drama "Seven Day Queen" ends its broadcast.

The 37-year-old Lee and the 35-year-old Cho appeared as a couple in KBS 2TV's weekend series "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop."

In February, it was revealed that Lee broke up with idol singer Jiyeon after seeing her for two years. The FNC said then that the two were naturally drawn apart from each other due to their hectic schedules.

Lee debuted in 1998 and has starred in various films and series ever since, including the 2004 mega hit romantic drama "Lovers in Paris." Cho debuted in 2002 through the sitcom "Orange," and has appeared in a number of TV shows throughout the years.

Actress Cho Youn-hee (L) and actor Lee Dong-gun appear as a fictional couple in a promotional image for the KBS 2TV drama "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop." (Yonhap)

Actress Cho Youn-hee (L) and actor Lee Dong-gun appear as a fictional couple in a promotional image for the KBS 2TV drama "The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop." (Yonhap)

odissy@yna.co.kr

• Like 3

Congratulations and best wishes to my fave couple !!!:heart::heart::heart:and good luck to the baby news:blush: