Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

[movie 2006] Between Love and Hate 연애, 그 참을 수 없&#45

Kim Seung Woo & Jang Jin Young
theunbearablelightnessofdating.jpg

The Unbearable Lightness of Love / Between Love And Hate 연애, 그 참을수없는 가벼움 (2006)

Starring: Jang Jin-Young, Kim Seung-Woo, Oh Dal-Su

Director: Kim Hae-Gon

Genre: Romance, Drama

Runtime: 125mins

Production: Good Player

Distribution: Cinema Service

Language: Korean

Young-woon, who helps his mother's barbeque restaurant but jobless in reality, and his friends flocking together, don't consider any counterplan for their lives. One day, a sexy bold saloon girl Yeon-ah attracts Young-woon's attention. Even though he already has a pretty fiancée, he can't turn down other relationship to have fun as a play. Gathering altogether with his friends, this couple repeats fights and make ups. This seems not that understandable, but it is a 'real' love to them. One day his mother knows this relationship, and she suddenly sets a wedding date for him. Now, he has to get married, but he's afraid of Yeon-ah. So he starts to escape from Yeon-ah, and she starts to look for him after she's pissed off knowing the truth.

SOURCE : 연애, 그 참을 수 없는 가벼움

연애, 그 참을 수 없는 가벼움

연애, 그 참을 수 없는 가벼움

This sad and tragic movie was in many ways hard to watch. It was very raw, and very honest in many ways. Something that one would not expect to be made and released in South Korea. But I loved it as it was so powerful. The forever beautiful Mrs. Jang Jin Young did once again an amazing performance in this very difficult role, and it was in many ways hard to see her in this movie knowing that she would pass away a few years later from stomach cancer.... I think this is the 2nd. film I have seen her in, and it is impossible not to like her. I am confident that she would have a wonderful movie (and TV drama) career today. This is the first time I saw actor Mr. Kim Seung Woo, and I instantly liked him. In some crazy way he reminds me of Jackie Chan in his looks. His role was complex and he did convince me as even though he was not so kind and at the same time he was a kind guy... I also liked the rest of the cast, so in many ways this is a movie I would recommend but with a warning as it is a bit depressive, and as I mentioned a bit different than what you usually would expect.
The only thing that really bugs me was the ending as it ended a bit quick.... If someone could explain to me the conclusion or what happened next or what to make of it then please let me know (remember to enclose a spoiler alert thought for those who has not seen this movie yet).