mysignisflower

[Current Drama 2017] Man To Man 맨투맨│Park Hae Jin, Kim Min Jung, Park Sung Woong, Chae Jung Ahn│JTBC ~ Fri & Sat ~ 23:00

531 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay, first raw is out. Time to watch the 2/3 I missed after my stream stopped working. Thanks for all of you who kept posting vids or comments. Sounds like a great episode. So looking forward to see how stoic SW's interactions with WG and DH will bring out his more emotional side, even if it's for comic relieve...

1 person likes this

Posted

2 hours ago, nonski said:

On the drama... Episode 1 terror incident was slick enough to be Bond-ish. The drama is not pretentious and I like it that way.  Sometimes when shows try too much to be something, that’s when they get lost along the way.  One thing though, I feel like they were trying to squeeze in a lot of info episode 1 and I'm glad that we've settled in by episode 2. I just wish that they would be able to find the balance with the spy-bromance-romance-comedy plotline and steadily make it through the ending. I for one don’t want to lose the comedic stints we’ve had so far.  The story is quite cohesive enough and the acting of each characters is spot on with no one that seems out of place.  That could happen sometimes. The show's been rocking it so far.

Hello my friend! I've been in a drama slump lately but reading about PHJ w/the term Bondish being usedcrazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif, and your shout out I can't resist. I have a dentist appt in less than an hour so I will try to catch up today. Thanks for the mention, I see @bebebisous33  is here too. :wub:

2 people like this

Posted

13 minutes ago, evie7 said:

Hello my friend! I've been in a drama slump lately but reading about PHJ w/the term Bondish being usedcrazy-monkey-emoticon-003.gif, and your shout out I can't resist. I have a dentist appt in less than an hour so I will try to catch up today. Thanks for the mention, I see @bebebisous33  is here too. :wub:

you're welcome chingu! @evie7 i hope you'll like the show.  I want more people loving this drama.  

1 person likes this

Posted

Preview of ep 4 and translation:

SW (to himself): In an undercover operation, rather than how it starts, it’s how it’s finished that’s more important. 
SW: This undercover operation, more than any other, completely and perfectly, bang!
DH: What did you just do? 
SW: You were there, and in my eyes…
DH: I keep catching your eye, and you keep being concerned about me. 
SW (to himself): However, this time. For some reason, it doesn’t feel right.
SW: Because I couldn’t see anything but you. 

So, the two lines that I've noted SW says to himself are continuations of a single thought. And, the rest of the lines are what makes him hesitate and be concerned about ending his undercover role. And, what makes him hesitate is DH. Okay, I have to go watch the ep to see what's happened between SW and DH, so that SW is thinking twice about exiting the scene. :) 

@charray, hiya! Of course, I remember the Happy Home thread. Happy to see you on this thread. I knew that the OTP from that drama had started dating, but they're getting married? Wow, that's great. They were really lovely together. I think that KSW and CDH are going to be getting into some fireworks on this drama, actually. A totally different chemistry and dynamic than HH, but I think it'll be engaging and fun to watch. I think you're right about no real life shipping, however. The power of Park Hae Jin. I totally adored Bad Guys and PHJ's role in it, even though he does play a sociopath in that. I started CITT, mostly because of PHJ, but dropped it when it got to weird and the scenes seemed to get hijacked. I have to say that CITT left a bad taste in my mouth, even though I really liked Yoo Jung sunbae. I'm curious about the CITT movie to see how they interpret the material. 

3 people like this

Posted

@stroppyse thank you so Do-Ha makes him hesitate, its a start my friend, its a start. 

Is that Park Hae Jin dancing like a dork?? :wub: :lol: :wub:

And Do Ha's father is in prison and she was being beaten badly at a funeral of her own relative, why??

3 people like this

Posted

20 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

@stroppyse thank you so Do-Ha makes him hesitate, its a start my friend, its a start. 

Is that Park Hae Jin dancing like a dork?? :wub: :lol: :wub:

Oh yes! That is definitely KSW dancing by himself like a dork! I like the contrast of his inner dork when he's alone to his controlled, suave self when he's working. Hopefully, the dork will come out around CDH since she's a bit of a dork herself. I think she would fall faster for KSW the dork than the ultra-suave superspy. :) 

2 people like this

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted

36 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Preview of ep 4 and translation:

SW (to himself): In an undercover operation, rather than how it starts, it’s how it’s finished that’s more important. 
SW: This undercover operation, more than any other, completely and perfectly, bang!
DH: What did you just do? 
SW: You were there, and in my eyes…
DH: I keep catching your eye, and you keep being concerned about me. 
SW (to himself): However, this time. For some reason, it doesn’t feel right.
SW: Because I couldn’t see anything but you. 

So, the two lines that I've noted SW says to himself are continuations of a single thought. And, the rest of the lines are what makes him hesitate and be concerned about ending his undercover role. And, what makes him hesitate is DH. Okay, I have to go watch the ep to see what's happened between SW and DH, so that SW is thinking twice about exiting the scene. :) 

sorry to cut your post short dongsaeng @stroppyse

aigoo! how can i forget to tag you and ask your help for translations.

actually i didn't I just hesitated :)

Anyways, the thought of him hesitating made me happy.  I'd really love for the romance to kick off, well, everybody always want romance but I feel like they would be great together on screen and that would move the stoic bodyguard/spy.  We'd be able to see then more of the dorky SW..  Or maybe I just want to irk people who are hating DH or KMJ.  She doesn't deserve all the flak she's getting.

2 people like this

Posted

I feel like there was genuine sincerity in Do-Ha's voice when she thanked Seol Woo and apologized to him. I like Kim Min Jung, she has really good screen presence and a lovely voice. Seol Woo fought there for a second to keep himself distant. All the actors are killing it.

Posted

2 minutes ago, nonski said:

sorry to cut your post short dongsaeng @stroppyse

aigoo! how can i forget to tag you and ask your help for translations.

actually i didn't I just hesitated :)

Anyways, the thought of him hesitating made me happy.  I'd really love for the romance to kick off, well, everybody always want romance but I feel like they would be great together on screen and that would move the stoic bodyguard/spy.  We'd be able to see then more of the dorky SW..  Or maybe I just want to irk people who are hating DH or KMJ.  She doesn't deserve all the flak she's getting.

Any time, unni! I don't really pay attention to negativity for KSW and CDH. KSW is a dork at heart and CDH is a dork everywhere, though both are super competent in their own ways. However, I think that they both need someone special and unique to be with and not just a conventionally pretty, pretty person. I can't exactly see them settling down to being a completely normal couple with anyone.  Anyway, I'm warming up to their chemistry together. 

I remember in Healer, PMY also got flak for not being pretty enough, but she totally became Healer's other half so that they created their own world for the two of them, and it was just sooo romantic and funny and sweet. *sigh* I still love Healer, and love all the actors from Healer now as well. :) Seriously, I start a number of dramas just by recognizing various actors from that drama, even if I don't finish them for one reason or another. Hee hee. Hopefully, this drama will be as good and my love will extend to this cast as well.  

Posted

2 hours ago, supergal99 said:

Haa... she 's tooo drunk... mistaken him for oppa...

actually doha was so drunk, she mistaken kim guard as a pillow. hahaha :lol:

i cant wait for subs so i decided to subscribe netflix and finished watching ep 3. i think this proves how much i like park hae jin and luckily as of now this drama is so much fun! :wink:

ep 3 is the best episode yet. so funny and many laugh out loud moments. some touching moments too.

some spoilers under tab

Spoiler

spoiler alert.

its hilarious that yun gwang is always messing with the spy teams plans. the spy/agent duo needs to think out of the box because all their plans were ruined by yun gwang antics. hahaha

doha and yun gwang first meeting is very touching. they met when both were at the lowest point. no wonder they stick together now. i like their relationship. plus yun gwang knows how to flatter doha. 

i have an inkling the former girlfriend (now married to the villain) actually got married to protect yun gwang.