Quantcast
Sign in to follow this  
Ais1ing

How to make a GIF - Tutorial

I'll try to make this as simple as I can. I went through a lot of trial and error when I first started making gifs, so I hope this helps.

All you need is 

Step 1: 

Open Windows Movie Maker and select a video to make the gif from. 

A7v3RaM.png

Select the video file and hit enter

Muwqmvc.png

Once the video file is open in Movie Maker, then go to Edit, Video Volume and put it on Mute

wOMIeTL.png

Now to find the part you wish to make a gif out of. Once found hit the 'set start point' button, then the 'set end point'

vNMoaTd.png

X8G1kJW.png

That done, its just left to save it. Go to the home button and save under Youtube or For Computer. You'll be asked to enter a name to save under.

eJPJVm0.png

EyYBS3C.png

Step 2: 

Bloggif: Go to the website Bloggif and select the 'Gif Video' option on the left hand side. This will convert your small video file to gif.

xJYEv2k.png

Once done choose your file to convert. Then hit 'create my gif' button.

HXL1bk0.png

Once it has finished converting the file then hit 'Save'

IhJzz2N.png

Step 3:

Go to the Lunapic Editor. Hit the browse button and upload your gif.

OrHb1e8.png

Then save your Gif to Imgur:

RVcx7B1.png

qSr2XhI.png

To post your gif, just right click on the imgur link, hit cut or copy and ctrl v to put in your post like so. 

RAz9xJq.gif

I hope this helps someone. I know I could have done with it when I was starting out. If anyone has any other method please do post it. Once you get used to them, you can cut, crop. add images, text or whatever to your gif. 

Note to Mod: I think I have this in the right place, if not please do move. 

• Like 14

Please check out my updated new tutorial here:

Usually I do exactly like that....however it's been a month...after choosing the file...appears something like...."please verify this code" something like when we are asked "to make sure that you are not robot":astonished: but the code doesn't appear....

I'll try again....maybe I'm not careful while doing it.....Tq dear!! 

mKVxg5T.png 

Oh you mean the Captcha code? Just enter what appears above the box for your answer. Then hit upload now.

They do that in order to ensure your not a robot spam. If this is still giving you problems, try uploading to somewhere like Imgur . No codes required :D 

@flower4junsu

• Like 1

thx so much  you do too great  

Edited by Ais1ing
Please do not post illegal streaming/download links
  • Thanks 1

@Ais1ing I ever seen many of kdrama fanarts. One of them is like combining a gif images as one. Do you maybe know how to make that one? I'd be so thankful if you can share some simpler tutorial for that. Because I'm not that computer-savvy. 

• Like 1

tumblr_inline_mss5aafP4R1qz4rgp.gif

^^^^^ you mean like this @stargazer187 ?

There's no easy or shortcut to do it. You need to know your way around Photoshop, and then some, to be able to make them. If your feeling adventurous, you can follow the guidelines in this tutorial by kikistiel. Sorry I can't help any further. 

• Like 1

Yes @Ais1ing that one!! 

Ahh.. I see. I'm not that good using Photoshop. Sigh... only some simple editing I can do with it. Thanks for the tutorial link. I'll try.. I like adventure. :D

• Haha 1