Quantcast
Jump to content
sugarplum892

Zanilia Zhao Liying 赵丽颖 Official Thread

Recommended Posts

Will miss her dramas but I wonder if she’ll be a power-mom like Chompoo Araya, balancing career and motherhood by having a nanny and bringing the baby to work after a 6 month break; she went back to talk shows and events but no dramas. I don’t know how supportive the C-Entertainment industry is compared to others. Most of the Asian actresses I’ve seen take 2-3 years off.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jewelsc your timeline is probably more practical. Was just hoping it will be sooner. A part of me hopes she will be back soon especially since she's doing really well, and reaching new heights with her every project, so ride on the wave and reach for the stars!

At the same time hoping that she will take the opportunity to rest up, recuperate and focus on her life outside work, and her new family..

I'm just full of contradiction...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, m0us3y said:

@jewelsc your timeline is probably more practical. Was just hoping it will be sooner. A part of me hopes she will be back soon especially since she's doing really well, and reaching new heights with her every project, so ride on the wave and reach for the stars!

At the same time hoping that she will take the opportunity to rest up, recuperate and focus on her life outside work, and her new family..

I'm just full of contradiction...

I suppose if Minglan does well by the end of its run then i think she will still be in demand and now that she will be on her maternity it's pretty obvious they will give her the time until she is ready again or maybe as @hello210 commented, she will have to balance her career and her family life by either hiring a nanny etc for her to come back sooner.  But if Minglan doesn't do so well, will they just consider her as one of those superstar who has had their time  bcos there seems to be alot of new and upcoming actresses they can consider instead?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jewelsc said:

I suppose if Minglan does well by the end of its run then i think she will still be in demand and now that she will be on her maternity it's pretty obvious they will give her the time until she is ready again or maybe as @hello210 commented, she will have to balance her career and her family life by either hiring a nanny etc for her to come back sooner.  But if Minglan doesn't do so well, will they just consider her as one of those superstar who has had their time  bcos there seems to be alot of new and upcoming actresses they can consider instead?

There is always going to be new, younger actresses. I guess it’ll be up what LY is willing to do to make a comeback. Who knows...maybe it’ll be a reason to do PA2. Yang Mi and others were able to make a comeback but many have their children raised by grandparents and get criticized for it. Chompoo Arrya’s nannies (she has twins) are lucky cause they’ve traveled to different places in Asia and Europe with them since she’s maintaining her presence in the Entertainment and international fashion scene and shrugs off the parenting criticisms.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jewelsc said:

I suppose if Minglan does well by the end of its run then i think she will still be in demand and now that she will be on her maternity it's pretty obvious they will give her the time until she is ready again or maybe as @hello210 commented, she will have to balance her career and her family life by either hiring a nanny etc for her to come back sooner.  But if Minglan doesn't do so well, will they just consider her as one of those superstar who has had their time  bcos there seems to be alot of new and upcoming actresses they can consider instead?

Minglan isn't quite like normal "mainstream" series tho. It's..slow...

I'm watching ML because of ZLY as I'm interested to see how she would portray the character which again seems different from the other characters she has played.

Still, there are episodes (ie ep8) that ZLY appeared for like...a minute??

I'm watching because I quite like the production and when ZLY appears, I like her quiet confidence and intelligence. 

 

But I wouldn't be too surprised if it doesn't do as well as her previous projects. 

 

But I do hope she can still make a comeback regardless of the result of minglan. 

As mentioned by @hello210 PA2 might be a good one! I still feel there's so much more potential in CQ that she could develop! 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ZLY is a top actress not just in popularity but in her acting so I’m not concerned whether she can or can’t make a comeback because I believe she will. Simply because there are newer hotter young actress cannot take away her years of hard work and her loyal fans will stand by her awaiting her new projects. And not every good drama lead roles needs a F4 boyband hottie or a young single starlet. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cherubstomato said:

ZLY is a top actress not just in popularity but in her acting so I’m not concerned whether she can or can’t make a comeback because I believe she will. Simply because there are newer hotter young actress cannot take away her years of hard work and her loyal fans will stand by her awaiting her new projects. And not every good drama lead roles needs a F4 boyband hottie or a young single starlet. 

I stan this!! 

There r many fireflies who will sincerely wait for her!! She has defo made big.. She will definitely comeback with a big project later!! Her every drama is has made grt name!! 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

I stan this!! 

There r many fireflies who will sincerely wait for her!! She has defo made big.. She will definitely comeback with a big project later!! Her every drama is has made grt name!! 

Me too.  I am glad she has loyal fireflies!  No matter what she is a great actress and has made enormous progress to be where she is today.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, frenchfan said:

Me too.  I am glad she has loyal fireflies!  No matter what she is a great actress and has made enormous progress to be where she is today.  

In fsf's interviews, he said that he supports zly's acting career as he knows acting is her passion. She will come back with more great work. In minglan the director praised her acting as perfection. The highest point of acting. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, leeza77 said:

In fsf's interviews, he said that he supports zly's acting career as he knows acting is her passion. She will come back with more great work. In minglan the director praised her acting as perfection. The highest point of acting. 

That's good to know that FSF is supportive of her coming back. 

 

I don't think it's whether she can come back because she does have pretty solid acting, but more of would she want to with the marriage and kid, so for FSF to say that is very encouraging. :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think zly is someone who strive for perfection in whatever she does, marriage or career wise. Thus, she will devise a balance compromise between the two. The hubby also pointed out if he is given superpower what did he want. He replied an avatar so that i can go acting and be with my wife at the same time. This show his view on marriage and wife as a priority. Wish them happiness. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let us all continue to support her and support them in their marriage.  ZLY has always given her all in acting.  Various directors have mentioned this in the past not just one.  This is a high praise indeed.  I hope to see her continuous smiling face.  Her most recent selfie showed that she is blooming with radiance and health.  Our little "Baozi" is back :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In one of the spoiler this coming week, we will see just how manipulative is QH's mom.  She tricked him so he cannot ever marry any of the Sheng girls.  Poor boy thought that big mama approved.  I pity QH actually for he is living in a gold gilded cage.  Not free with his actions.  I supposed this will be the reason why Molan and her mom decided to put Plan B into action and trap the marquis' 6th son (the one who showed interest in her).  The upcoming episodes are slowly unfolding and showing us the how and why and more characters are developed.

 

GTY finding out Man Niang's deceit was epic. He was not taken by her crocodile tears although the tears could have been due to her lost opportunity for nailing a wealthy husband. But for GTY is was a huge blow to find out that the family he thought to make with Man Niang was built on lies and deceit.  After being betrayed by his stepmom and turned out from the Gu family, this is a double blow indeed. 

 

From what I saw in the drama (episode 20 I think), nanny told GTY not to divulge to Man Niang that he has the Bai family fortune that he inherited from his maternal grandfather.  So in fact GTY is actually a very wealthy man on his own without the Gu inheritance.     

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, leeza77 said:

I think zly is someone who strive for perfection in whatever she does, marriage or career wise. Thus, she will devise a balance compromise between the two. The hubby also pointed out if he is given superpower what did he want. He replied an avatar so that i can go acting and be with my wife at the same time. This show his view on marriage and wife as a priority. Wish them happiness. 

I always love your replies:wub:.Do you speak Chinese btw?

and i`d like to see these interviews you talk about.if you don`t mind can you post the links with some translation?

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, danatepe said:

I always love your replies:wub:.Do you speak Chinese btw?

and i`d like to see these interviews you talk about.if you don`t mind can you post the links with some translation?

 

 

@danatepe i'm a non chinese speaking. Rely solely on google translate and love to stalking zly weibo. :D

  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so I was not into Our Glamorous Time, which was sad but I really like Minglan <3333 

Going to end up as my favorite 2018 drama if it keeps going. I wish ZLY a healthy pregnancy <3333 Rumor is that she is having a boy. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

so I was not into Our Glamorous Time, which was sad but I really like Minglan <3333 

Going to end up as my favorite 2018 drama if it keeps going. I wish ZLY a healthy pregnancy <3333 Rumor is that she is having a boy. 

Haha, I liked OGT except for the changes they made. For me, the only thing that saved it was ZLY and Jin Han or Lin Qian/Li Zhicheng and their adorable chemistry. No other couple exercise scene will beat it and the pre-wedding scene was cute.  But Minglan is going to be my favorite.  I’m so glad that the deviations from the novel In TSOML enhanced it instead of hurting it and I’m looking forward to more ZLY and FSF scenes. It’s so cute the production or whoever put that character picture with the baby up. I think there was a picture in the TSOML forum where FSFand ZLY were both playing with their onscreen baby BTS (the whole cast was playing with ML’s baby). Best wishes to the happy couple and looking forward to ZLY’s future works when she returns. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...