Quantcast
Jump to content
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世,十里桃花

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I heard so many rave reviews for this so I watched to check out the hype. To be honest I didn't really care for the fantasy elements at all. The same can be said for Dijun-Fengjiu couple because Fengjiu was mostly on my nerves for acting like a spoiled whiny brat! And OMG why are there SO MANY EVIL *******?!?:crazy: I mean they could've stopped with Xuan Nv but no they had to throw in Su Jin & then that Water Princess Deity whatever, along with Fengjiu yikes:wacko::tongue: Of course my attention was mostly on Yehua LoL. That man is a sight to behold I tell ya. I actually prefer Bai Qian over Susu well because the former is kick@$$ LoL. For supposed omnipotent God-like beings, they surprisingly have very mortal-like flaws:rolleyes: 

Pity about Lijing & Moyuan who ended up forever alone :( Also the lost love between the disciple & the Ghost Princess *sigh* so tragic...

I love this drama.  I re-watched couple times of my favorite episodes.  My favorite eps were ep 30 and the 58.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can someone enlighten me as to why within the same year ths same show is coming out on tv and film. They did the same with You Are My Sunshine..... really flumoxed by all this.... thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sort of a random question that I hope someone might be able to answer.

After watching some other drama that caused me to return to watch Eternal Love because that other drama wasn't as satisfying, and rewatching ET seems to be the cure, I keep marveling at how beautiful it was filmed and directed every time.  Does anyone happen to know what other dramas this director has done?  I'd love to watch more of her work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, lan_lan said:

Sort of a random question that I hope someone might be able to answer.

So after watching some other drama that caused me to return to watch Eternal Love because that other drama wasn't as satisfying and rewatching ET seems to be the cure.  I keep marveling at how beautiful it was filmed and directed every time.  Does anyone happen to know what other dramas this director has done?  I'd love to watch more of her work.

Info from Baidu. The female director is Lin Yu Fen 林玉芬, born in HK, started in HK TVB.

Her previous works :

The Journey of Flower 花千骨 (2015, fantasy)

WuXin:The Monster Killer 无心法师 (2015, fantasy)

Legend of Nine Tails Fox 青丘狐传说 (2016, fantasy)

LOVE O2O 微微一笑很倾城 (2016, modern romance)

Then this thread one.

Upcoming one is fantasy drama, debut early july this yr....Lost Love In Times  醉玲珑....u should be able to find thread in this china drama forum.

She was also involved in 2011 Scarlet Heart 步步惊心  and 2014 Scarlet Heart 2 步步惊情 though she was listed 2nd under the various directors involved.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so upset I don't want this drama to end am at episode 44 . How can I ever find another drama this good. My god loved the visuals ,the story, the acting and I could go on all day.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm back again. I've been trying other dramas... which aren't horrible, but I keep finding myself coming back to this one. Mark's acting is so top knotch. YangMi's acting may be off at times to others in this drama, but I cried so much with her in the last few episodes. I think she did a wonderful job as BaiQian. The feels in this drama is so real.. I just love this drama so much that words can't explain it. Their love is so real. Every character/cast/actor is special in their own way, and it was so beautifully directed and filmed. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if anyone would be interested, but thought I'd throw it out there. I am working on an Alternate Universe story for Eternal Love/3310.

Some fans have argued that Ye Hua had an unfair advantage over Shifu because Ye Hua and Su Su loved each other, thereby making it easier for BQ to love Ye Hua.

I'm trying to write a story on what would have happened if Ye Hua never met Su Su, how would he fall in love with Bai Qian? How would she love a reserved/cold Ye Hua? And what would their love story be like? And since I completely believe that Ye Hua and Bai Qian were meant to be, this will definitely be a love story.

Please check it out: No Light: A 3 Lives, 3 Worlds AU Story

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2017 at 10:26 AM, lovehuche said:

I was just into this drama this weekend.  I just wonder if this was discussed early or not.  I just wonder if BB's master has any romantic feelings for her.  I felt like it but not sure if other people think the same way.  Glad it didn't go that way in the drama. 

 

They showed him definitely having feelings in the drama. But I loved how mature he was about it.  He saw that she loved Ye Hua, she was happy, and she had a child with him (seemingly), and he backed off without ever confessing.

It's not as clear in the book, but that's because the book is from Bai Qian's point of view and she is just that dense. Although, from the small hints they throw out (shifu being extra quiet, hand freezing, spilling tea), it's also the same for the book.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished this drama in 3 days and I really love it!

Anyways, I just wanted to say Celestial Tribe is weak richard simmons f***. BQ's dad was able to get the divine grass on his own without any help while YH's dad and third uncle came back without it despite both going to try and get it. I find it interesting that the whole Fox Clan are high immortals while the it seems only YH and DH are high immortals from the Celestial Tribe. They need to get off of their high horse and train better rather than expect YH to do everything...

I love what the Fox Clan stands. They like living a carefree life without rules, but despite that, they're all still really powerful. They care about their children's happiness above all. Screw the Celestial Tribe other than YH, DH, Cheng Yu and third uncle, they can all be banished for all I care.

That's just my few cents. Other than the very hateful scenes from the Celestial Tribe, I love the drama and can't stop rewatching it. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey! So I know that people don't really visit this forum anymore - they've probably gone off to watch other just as good dramas, but I just wanted to share a fanfic that I recent;y wrote. 

It's a what-if story about "if Ye Hua hadn't been the one to sacrifice his sprit, but it was instead someone else, then what would happen" sort of thing. I'm not sure if I should continue it, so if you guys leave me suggestions it'd be really, really great. 

Of course, if you just want to read, then it's fine too! I just wanted to write something that would satisfy my Ye Hua/Bai Qian pairing itch. 

Here's the link: 

http://archiveofourown.org/works/11360520/chapters/25429329

Thanks!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2017 at 0:26 AM, darkice7_12 said:

Not sure if anyone would be interested, but thought I'd throw it out there. I am working on an Alternate Universe story for Eternal Love/3310.

Some fans have argued that Ye Hua had an unfair advantage over Shifu because Ye Hua and Su Su loved each other, thereby making it easier for BQ to love Ye Hua.

I'm trying to write a story on what would have happened if Ye Hua never met Su Su, how would he fall in love with Bai Qian? How would she love a reserved/cold Ye Hua? And what would their love story be like? And since I completely believe that Ye Hua and Bai Qian were meant to be, this will definitely be a love story.

Please check it out: No Light: A 3 Lives, 3 Worlds AU Story

 

I've been looking for Ye Hua/Bai Qian fanfic for a while now! I'm so glad that you decided to write some. If you know any other fanfics that involve this pairing or is just set in the 3L3W world, would you mind sharing them?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2017 at 8:48 PM, fdsa22 said:

 

I've been looking for Ye Hua/Bai Qian fanfic for a while now! I'm so glad that you decided to write some. If you know any other fanfics that involve this pairing or is just set in the 3L3W world, would you mind sharing them?

Glad to see a fellow reader of these fanfics! :)

Here is a great story on Mo Yuan and him finding his happily ever after on the Problematic of the Unproblematic Site.

Another story on Ye Hua/Bai Qian - about the story after. It's a short story. 10 Miles of Red Lanterns

Another site - a slightly raunchy read about Ye Hua / Bai Qian or Mo Yuan / Bai Qian. You get to pick. Site Link. I think the author is writing a second story, but I haven't checked that out yet

I don't know if you have access to kindle books on Amazon - but the English translation of the book : To the Sky Kingdom is also available. I felt the translation was sufficient (although native speakers do have issues with it). I felt reading the book gave me crucial insight into Bai Qian's character, which sometimes the drama lacked.

Check them out. If you google Ye Hua and Bai Qian fanfics, I'm sure you'll be able to find more. I remember a couple more, but these were the links I had on hand.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey! I just started watching this drama, and thought it would be fun to do a recap/review series while I watch. I'm not very far in but if you'd like to watch with me here's the link for the first episode

Also I haven't read through this forum since I don't want spoilers, but I'll try to go through it at the same time as I watch it so expect some random likes from me as I make my way through :ph34r::ph34r:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOOOO hooo recently heard over youtube videos that they are ready to shoot TMOPB2 starring both YM and MZ again but minus Vengo (BOOOOHOOOO). After having read the rest of the book, can't imagine how a much younger newbie actor can take over the role and esp since Pillow Book 2 is mosty about DHDJ and FJ's relationship.....anyone else out there tracking this too???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2017 at 6:36 PM, ultimateauj said:

I'm back again. I've been trying other dramas... which aren't horrible, but I keep finding myself coming back to this one. Mark's acting is so top knotch. YangMi's acting may be off at times to others in this drama, but I cried so much with her in the last few episodes. I think she did a wonderful job as BaiQian. The feels in this drama is so real.. I just love this drama so much that words can't explain it. Their love is so real. Every character/cast/actor is special in their own way, and it was so beautifully directed and filmed. 

@ultimateauj have you watched Princess Agents  yet? that is about all that's good out there right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mundane9 said:

@ultimateauj have you watched Princess Agents  yet? that is about all that's good out there right now.

I tried PA but it's not like Eternal Love.  PA does not have much romance so i gave up.  40 eps and have no kiss.  I re-watched EL like couple times now since there is nothing other there to watch.

There is a new webdrama called The Eternal Love starting tomorrow.  Hopefully some sub it.  Check it out in spoiler

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, lovehuche said:

I tried PA but it's not like Eternal Love.  PA does not have much romance so i gave up.  40 eps and have no kiss.  I re-watched EL like couple times now since there is nothing other there to watch.

@lovehuche - yes PA is all about the tension between the 2 leads and the fighting. Yup me too keep rewatching TMoPB till the non-Chinese folks around me actually know the tunes from that show by heart..... hahahahahaha. Am waiting for YM's next period drama xuanYaoNuWang and Dilraba x LBB. Until then.... sigh....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2017 at 8:52 AM, mundane9 said:

WOOOO hooo recently heard over youtube videos that they are ready to shoot TMOPB2 starring both YM and MZ again but minus Vengo (BOOOOHOOOO). After having read the rest of the book, can't imagine how a much younger newbie actor can take over the role and esp since Pillow Book 2 is mosty about DHDJ and FJ's relationship.....anyone else out there tracking this too???

really?? so TMOPB 2 is on the way? that's good news! :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements



×