Quantcast
TeamSOOMPI

If you had the chance to become a K-pop idol...

I would, despite the training (I mean I get to workout/learn languages, who wouldn't want that) in all. I mean might as well try, I have nothing to lose since I really do not like what I am doing now. I would go for JYP because they are foreign friendly. Honestly, I would go Hip-hop/R&B type group. BTS is my favorite male group. 

• Like 1

I guess if ive been choosen as a kpop star, i would join JYPEnt. i like group name with number on it like Day6 Got7 and Twice. i am a fan of Super Junior, but i wouldnt join SM.. since thier ceo changed, nope. i would want to join CubeEnt. too. Definitely i want members like BTOB , a fun-entertainment likg group ;-D

Honestly, I would like being a part of the industry. Singing has always been a life dream and a passion for me since I was a child, so If I was given a chance to actually step on stage, I would take it. My preferred company would be Big Hit or maybe Fantagio... I'm actually going to open auditions next month (SM Global Auditions) so I hope my dream is fulfilled heheh..//

Hell no. I wouldn't wanna be a K-pop idol. The whole industry is VERY messed up. The contracts, the blacklisting, the treatment, the CRAZY schedules. They don't care about the well-being of the idols and make them work 24/7. They abuse them (verbally or physically) during the trainee period or even after the debut (for example female idols who get sponsored by businessmen and have to dine with them or have relationships with them in return). And what about the MCs? They're just too much sometimes. They're offensive most of the time. Oh and let's not forget about the dating ban which is actually part of their contracts. Like, are you freaking kidding me? Why is my personal life someone else's business? And you're being watched closely by the super judgmental Korean society and netizens. If you do something "wrong" you can kiss your career goodbye. Not to mention how they tend to OVERLYDRAMATIZE things to the highest level there can be. And the Korean society is mostly racist. And most importantly, Kpop idols don't even get paid normally, their salaries aren't equivalent to the work they're putting into their jobs. Of course there are some companies that tend to treat their artists better than other companies and they pay them relatively well too but the majority of them don't do. Have you guys seen a documentary about 9MUSES? ugh, anyway. I have my favorites in the Kpop industry and i used to want to be a Kpop idol (in my wildest dreams lol) but as time went by i learned more and more about it and it's really something i DON'T want to be a part of. It's very undemocratic and unfair. Idols have no personal freedom.

Edited by NinoB
  • Like 1

I kinda do. I would want to be in YG, BigHit or JYP. Especially BigHit because of how well they treat their idols. But there is some things I wouldn't like about being a K-pop idol. Who knows. I'm an African-American myself but recently Rania had a new African-American idol. YG because it's also a fun company and JYP because they are fun and they treat their non-Korean idols well. SM treats their foreign idols horrible especially if you saw what Luhan, Kris and Hangeng went through.

I think i would choose JYP / BIGHIT / YG . I think both company takes a good care of their idols much and i think they didnt even made their idols have plastic surgery . Others are okay too like PLEDIS / FNC / CUBE / DSP etc . 

Realistically? Heck no. Life as an idol especially in KPop is cutthroat and extremely rough with crazy diets, extreme schedules, the sasaeng fans, not to mention getting adjusted to a different culture/language etc among other things. There's a reason why 3 members of Exo-M left. 

Hypothetically? Sure. Why not? If I had the talent that is LoL. And even if you lack in talent, you'd have to have a flair for variety/entertainment, which is what most KPop idols branch out to. Either that or be an actor.

As for signing up to a company, I'd pick Starship or Loen. CJ E&M would be another great option as well. I'd choose to be a soloist but a girl group would be fine too (although the CEO calls the shots so I have no say in the matter LoL)

To be honest, i really once wanted to be a k-idol. Performing on stage, doing interviews, music shows, fan service, hiding from paparazzi, doing photoshoots and all. BUT after knowing how k-entertainment works and knowing how selfish and judgemental knetizens are, NO THANK YOU. LOL

Edited by arshinwoo
  • LOL 1

I used to think it would be awesome to be an idol when I first got into kpop, like to be a part of a girl group seemed fun but now, heck no... on the other hand,  I wouldn't mind somehow working in connection to the kpop industry. Don't really know with what though. I've seen that some non-koreans work as promotors or organisers of concerts abroad, so maybe something like that? On twitter I came across this western girl (swedish?) songwriter who writes for Red Velvet and Twice apparently, that would be cool, but I guess you need to have some talent for that lol... T T

• Like 1

Honestly I that about being a kpop idol cause let's be honest what kpop fan hasn't thought about it. Although, after what happened with Alex who used to be in BPRania I'm scared of what could happen if more non-Asians (not to bring race in but especially African-Americans) tried to become kpop idols. What would the reaction be?

I guess I would do it, just because it would be living hard with no regrets. I would probably audition for CUBE or SM and hope I get put in a group with vibes like 4minute/CLC or f(x)/Red Velvet.

Yes, honestly, if I had a chance yeah. The company i'll probably like to be in is Big Hit because I feel like the treatment over in that company is very caring and not overwhelming.

i used to think it would be very nice to be a kpop idol... but as the years passed ever since i got into Kpop in 2003, i realised maybe it isnt all that dazzling and luxurious as it seems... It feels stressful and especially when you think about debutting with a song that is not a hit / trend amongst the many new groups that are coming out these days, you would flop easily since theres just too much newbie groups... but then again i would still choose to be in SM despite all the negative stuffs about SM.

No agency is perfect. They all have a part that is shady, But if i had to choose one id say SM, only because all their groups got succesful.

I wouldnt want to be in a cute and innocent group, I would want to be in a mature group that every individual has good vocals, a little bit of rapping would be good too. lol day dreaming here.