suchadiva42

[Drama 2016] Marriage Contract 결혼계약

4,330 posts in this topic

Posted

Another epic amazing episode! JH is in LOVEEEEEE. And he is in DENIALLLL. LOL, this guy feels neglected by HS, hearing from her own mouth that this marriage is temporarily and she had no other option than to marry him, was heartbreaking and a wake up call for JH. It's time for him to question his own feelings. I get the feeling he has never been truly in love before. I think he is just like ES: when he loves, it will be unconditional, and very deep. I mean look what he is doing for his mom, the one who abandoned him. And imagine how he will fight for HS.  And OMG how cute was JH being happy and giddy like that just because he got to spend time with his family. Now, can they please move in his apartment?

Ratings are out:

2016-03-05 01 17.3 (2nd) 18.4 (2nd) 17.2 (2nd) 18.2 (2nd)
2016-03-06 02 17.1 (2nd) 18.5 (2nd) 18.0 (2nd) 19.3 (2nd)
2016-03-12 03 16.6 (2nd) 17.0 (2nd) 17.3 (2nd) 19.5 (2nd)
2016-03-13 04 17.4 (2nd) 17.9 (2nd) 17.8 (2nd) 19.6 (2nd)
2016-03-19 05 17.0 (2nd) 18.2 (2nd) 18.0 (2nd) 19.7 (2nd)
2016-03-20 06 17.9 (2nd) 18.4 (2nd) 19.3 (2nd) 20.6 (2nd)

BIG progress! Highest score so far!!! So happy :D

23 people like this

Posted

Hi everyone, thanks for recapped. Silent reader here. I really like the scene where JH gave HC the necklace and earing by dropping it a her hand. We seldom see this kind of scene in kdrama. I don't think anyone could play the character JH so much better other than lee seo jin. Sat is so far away..:bawling:

18 people like this

Posted

@marie67 : how romantic what you said , i wish too that they live together like a family 

smthg make me worried ,i hope ES live happy with JH and her mom not like HS who lives with only her grandmother after the death of her parents ,please writer make a happy ending for poor JH who's in a big happiness for the first time in his life and for that cute kid ES ,they deserve it :heart:

about JH's feelings ,im not sure ,he fall in love or at the way on ...............................

after the new look of HS in  that scene ,the reaction of JH is so mysterious but so touched :astonished::blush:

14 people like this

Posted

I'm feeling love..love..love :wub:

11 people like this

Posted

I'm still a little creeped out at JH's happy outburst but I'm at least relieved that it was because he was happy to be with HS and ES and not some type of stress related manic outbreak. It seems like JH isn't going to find out about the tumour yet but since it's only a 16 episode drama he's going to have to find out soon.

Thinking about it I think JH is a lot like his dad. They both are in denial when it comes to love. I'm not quite sure what happened between mom and dad, but episode 5 and 6 had it's parallels. JH's dad kept calling mom, got mad when he heard mom was in hospital, rushed to hospital and pretended he didn't care. In ep 6, JH was obviously all giddy shopping for HS's family but when his friend told him the staff are starting to suspect he likes HS, he denied it flat out, silly enough he made a beeline for HS's apartment right after and when he didn't like what he saw he pretended that he didn't care about what he saw.

I think JH's dad prefers JH over his brother because he likes JH's mother more than his wife, his son sees it and that's why he gets all nervous about JH. I think JH's dad will soon come to terms with JH and HS once he sees that JH actually loves HS, I don't think he'll want JH to be like him and marry one woman he doesn't like while keeping a mistress on the side. Maybe that's why he's unhappy about NY and JH? Because he thinks JH will keep NY as a mistress while married to someone else. I don't think he approves of HS just yet. 

I hope we see JH eating HS's cooking soon. His mom was a good cook (and he's kind of like dad) so I imagine eating HS's food will make him fall harder for HS. I both want JH to find out about the tumour and dread it at the same time. I don't want to have to see JH get all angry about HS for hiding her tumour, I also worry that he'll feel cheated when he finds out. Can the tumour just not exist? Poor JH is going to be in so much agony when he finds out. The way he turned right back to get HS even though he was upset with the exchange between HS and SJ when he found out she was sick proves that he's not going to take the brain tumour well at all.

16 people like this

Posted

@mrukki

You made an excellent point about Dad's behavior. I think perhaps that's why he pays so much attention to him and worries over his lifestyle, maybe he sees himself in Ji Hoon more and more than he would like. Jung Hoon has his issues, but he also has a helicopter mother who's willing to fix everything, but Ji Hoon doesn't have everything and I think his guilt is what causes him to nag him all the time. With this new found knowledge about Ji Hoon & Na Yoon's past, I also agree maybe he worries his son will make the same mistake. So it'll be very important for Dad to know Ji Hoon does not want his ex and he'll also need to see how happy his son has been with Hye Soo and Eun Sung. 

I think Jung Hoon is an attention seeker, he is jealous that his younger brother (the product of an affair) seems to have what he has including their father's undivided attention not realizing that Ji Hoon has had to work twice as hard just to prove himself. 

14 people like this

Posted

Wow, what a great episode. They took us through a roller coaster ride. Love how adorable they looked at their dobokki date.

- How happy he is being ES appa. 

- ES is already daddy's little girl.

- He looked at the picture of HS and her husband with a tinge of jealousy. Like that's his family why isn't he in the picture. 

- He's so hurt by her comments to SJ about the contract, he's brooding beautifully, trying to sort out his feelings. 

- HS doesn't help when she said they will move and to keep away from ES- that hurt. He nailed it at that moment with his tears eyes. 

- He's going to fight for them like crazy. He already ignored his aboges call.   

Two people who need to STFU: waitress and HS best friend. 

How do I survive for another week??? And last but not least, I need that BTS of happy ahjussi rolling on the table. LMAO. 

16 people like this

Posted

Finally got to watch the episode subbed and really enjoyed it.  Was lovely to see a happy JH, and HS and ES actually smiled and laughed, too. They're so good together. ^_^  One thing I was wondering:  HS, after that meal with JH and his dad, says something like "I didn't know how hard it is to be rich--you can't do what you like--choose who you like."  What would happen if JH walked away from his father's company if he had to to be with HS and ES?  Does he have his own money, do you think?  Could he maybe support them as a musician?  And does Korea have health insurance to cover, e.g., HS's possible radiation treatment?  Here hospitalization without insurance could bankrupt you. And is JH paying his mother's medical bills?  They must cost a fortune. Or is his father supporting his former mistress financially?  Anyway, worried about the OTP. And the 2nd OTP. :huh:  

12 people like this

Posted

That Seung Joo is so annoying. I know he 'cares' about HS but ugh, no . I just don't like him.

And i got pissed off at HS's friend for blurting everything out. That big of a secret and you blurt everything out :huh: (what kinda friend are you?)

Anyway, todays ep was such a rollercoaster! Everything was so happy and giddy in the beginning with JH , HS and ES's relationship starting to look good, and then it all fell apart near the end and it got so depressing TT_TT  

but then the ending made up for it because we can see how JH is so concerned for HS and ES. Really smart of ES to phone ahjussi right away. My heart was beating when he rejected the call and I was so happy when he ignored his father and went right away to save HS :wub:

7회 [ep 7 text preview]
좋아하냐 그 여자? 좋아하냐고

Do you like that girl? (Yes) I like her (?) not to sure if that can be translated like that

혜수(유이)와 지훈(이서진)의 관계를 알게 된 성국(김용건)은 미란(이휘향)의 수술 일정을 취소시킨다. 한편, 레스토랑에서 대화를 나누던 혜수와 지훈은 갑자기 들리는 인기척에 놀라 숨 는데...

After Sung Gook finds out about Hye Soo and Ji Hoon's relationship, Sung Gook cancels Mi Ran's operation (!!!:angry:) On the other hand, Ji Hoon and Hye Soo who are having a talk in the restaurant are suddenly startled by someone and hide...

(lol, these previews don't give much away :phew:)

19 people like this

Posted

Silent lurker coming out of the closet. So I've been watching this show from the start. I enjoyed today's episode so much that I watched it raw as soon as it came out then twice as soon as subs are done. 

JH's dad was letting his fake relationship slide because deep down he truly cared for his mom, and he wants to save her. If he didn't really care, he would've outed HS' secret. I do wonder though why her brain tumor wasn't on her background check. 

Where do I start with JH? The best way to a woman's heart is through her child. Man, did he fall in love with the idea of being a dad. The fact that he admitted that he studied her profile shows his interest. He didn't have to study her likes and dislikes if she just has to play the character they wrote for her. 

HS she doesn't know it, but it showed that she likes him. That's why ES have her blessing to be with him. 

I'm dreading the episodes where they find out about her condition and one or both will play the noble idiots run smock. 

I wonder if JH mom will return the favor by donating blood or something. 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Saturday which is a long way from here. Until then. 

15 people like this

Posted

where is it?...where is it?..................I want episode 6 with eng sub like right now..... hahaha LOL

9 people like this

Posted

Viki already have subs of ep 6. Just finished watching it a while ago.

10 people like this

Posted

9 hours ago, secretup said:

Would any kind soul translate the preview for ep 7 please? 

Of all current drama, only Marriage contract has me comment on Soompi. First I gave this drama a try because of LSJ's dimples.

Now it is mainly because of Eunsung. The kid's acting is great. I really love her. Eunsung is smart, perceptive, and prioritize her mom over everything. Her scenes with Mom always feel warm and mature, while she can be very playful and lively being with New DAD. JH is like a fanboy towards ES. Hahaha...

Got to agree with you. The young actress playing ES in killing it.

Adults, don't make promises to children that you can't keep. [Yes, I know JH intended to keep his promise, but . . . ] 

There are few things sadder that watching the bewilderment or sadness on the face of a child waiting for an adult who never shows up.

As much as I love JH warming up to ES and HS charming I thought the exuberance was out of scope.  I would have been satisfied with the mini drum solo. . . 

If ES letting him teach her to ride a scooter leads to bed jumping, HS allowing him to take care of both of them will have him in a straight jacket.

10 people like this

Posted

Behind the scene (short videos)

14 people like this

Posted

I get hooked by dimple ahjussi then rewatching eps 3 and find LSJ profile from wikipedia 

LSJ comes from a family with strong ties in the financial sector, and believed to be involved in the banking, transportation and tourism industries, among others. He has a Business Management degree from the New York University Stern School of Business

Omo Uee really said his true profile. He graduated from NYU Stren School of Business :glasses:

10 people like this

Posted

Great news!

Forgive me if this has been already posted but Dramabeans started recapping Marriage Contract starting today with Episode 1:

Excerpt:

The newest drama from MBC, Marriage Contract seems poised to be a show with a lot of emotional impact. It centers around two people from very different financial backgrounds, who find themselves in dire need of outside help and are forced to turn to each other in their time of need. It gets off to a leisurely start, but the characters are strangely compelling and they just draw me in, making me eager to see more.

Here is the linke to see the full recap!

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/03/marriage-contract-episode-1/

PS:  Wow, I go away for the weekend and so many new friends on our thread!  Awesome.  Now a lot of reading to catch up on!  Cheers!

12 people like this

Posted

28 minutes ago, tikamacika said:

I get hooked by dimple ahjussi then rewatching eps 3 and find LSJ profile from wikipedia 

LSJ comes from a family with strong ties in the financial sector, and believed to be involved in the banking, transportation and tourism industries, among others. He has a Business Management degree from the New York University Stern School of Business

Omo Uee really said his true profile. He graduated from NYU Stren School of Business :glasses:

she did say his real profile, but there are no suitable is the year of birth. there are 1980 in drama , but in fact in 1971 :D but its ok.... he still looks so young than his real age..... :blush:

13 people like this

Posted

I love the main leads of this drama, esp LSJ and can't wait to see how the relationship of JH and HS (also JH & ES)  progress. :heart:  As mentioned by some people previously, lets have more lovey dovey scenes before it turns ugly (brain tumor and all the bitxhes and jerks get involved).

13 people like this

Posted

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Marriage Contract" Episode 6

photo704027.jpg

Hye-soo isn't really anywhere near actually doing the transplant surgery yet and she's already constantly getting exposed. This is an aspect of the pacing in "Marriage Contract" I rather appreciate. I was expecting the surgery would be rushed and the drama would be about everything after that. Instead it looks like we're in the opposite situation- the tension is based on whether or not the liver transplant surgery will happen at all. Which makes sense, because doctors try not to rush this kind of thing if it can be avoided.

Everyone else, though, has good reason to be impatient. We're left in doubt as to how much Seong-gook knows when it comes to Ji-hoon and Hye-soo's fraudulent arrangement. All that's fully confirmed is that Ji-hoon is clearly Seong-gook's favored son, although we don't know why. Perhaps it's because Ji-hoon defers to handling his own problems without dragging daddy into it. Jeong-hoon comes off as more annoying.

Although really, I feel bad for Jeong-hoon. Yes the guy's a little aggressive and something of a jerk. But now that he's figured out Na-yoon was just using him as an excuse to get at Ji-hoon, well, of course he's mad. Doesn't he have a right to be? In an ideal situation Jeong-hoon could talk to his family but the rich family here is legitimately miserable and that's just sad in ways that are difficult to quantify. They don't even know what they want.

Ji-hoon manages to come surprisingly close to happiness, though. Hye-soo in proper eligible bachelorette mode kind of looks like she's going to a funeral, yet she's appropriately stiff and proper while still managing to show off some vibrant energy. I liked the story behind the ad lib she gives to Seong-gook because it's also a hint about her own past dreams. While Hye-soo's current dreams are comparatively modest, this is a woman who knows what she wants in life.

Ji-hoon warms up quite well with Eun-seong too, for many of the same reasons. Eun-seong's desires in life are very simple, and a lot of them can be fulfilled simply by having a father figure. It's not like Ji-hoon has any more important errand anyway. Right up to the cliffhanger, it's easy to see that for all his faults, Ji-hoon can be provoked into doing the right thing if that's what the situation calls for. Let's hope Hye-soo can warrant his continued passion in a way that a more flawed, self-centered woman like Na-yoon was unable to.

Review by William Schwartz

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-marriage-contract-episode-6-92614.html

interesting....

13 people like this

Posted

"Marriage Contract" Lee Seo-jin falls for UEE's makeover

Spoiler

photo704015.jpg

Lee Seo-jin had UEE all made up on the sixth episode of "Marriage Contract" to pass her off as his fake girlfriend.

Han Ji-hoon (Lee Seo-jin) told his father Han Seong-gook (Kim Yong-geon) that Kang Hye-soo (UEE) was his girlfriend. Han Ji-hoon said, "Sorry I didn't tell you about her, but we're not that close yet". However, Han Seong-gook said, "Do you take me for a fool? How could you let someone who you're not close with to take care of your mother?"

Han Seong-gook asked Han Ji-hoon to bring Kang Hye-soo over for dinner and Han Ji-hoon had to agree. He took Kang Hye-soo to a boutique store and gave her a makeover. She turned into a Cinderella and Han Ji-hoon was also surprised at how nice she looked.

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-marriage-contract-lee-seo-jin-falls-for-uee-s-makeover-92605.html

12 people like this