Seiran029

[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑 | Starring: Park Seo Joon, Go Ara and Park Hyung Sik

:heart: 

Spoiler

cr: owners

Edited by Chellsee
Only 3 images per post, please use spoiler tag for the rest.
  • Like 12

:heartbreak::bawling: 

can't believe our drama ended!! I still remember how we were crying over Mak Moo's death and now I'm doing the same but now it's after the entire drama had ended not at it's start!! I'll miss my drama and all the characters I loved!! :heart: 

• Like 9

i really like this feedback of the recapper (Lollypip) from DB regarding Aro. the only thing i disagree about is wanting SW and AR together because i wanted her with SMJ.

"Speaking of Ah Ro, I wish we’d gotten more of the spunky self-sufficient girl we were promised, but instead she served as little more than a very pretty prop to move the boys around, and seemed to be useful for no other reason than to make Sun-woo and Jinheung dislike each other. As if they needed yet another reason. She didn’t even do anything in the final episode other than sit in a room, yet again nothing more than a prop being used to control one or the other. Such a waste of a character, and I’m not even getting into how flat and uninteresting her love line with Sun-woo was. The only reason I wanted them to get together is because Sun-woo wanted it so much, but not because I felt any great need to see them together."

- Lollypip of DB

i am in complete agreement that her main purpose was to be the pretty prop to get the boys moving and be the source of conflict for SMJ and SW. perhaps if she had always been the typical candy, damsel in distress, i wouldn't really be so disappointed with the character because that's who she has always been. but the thing is, she did not start out as that way, we were shown that she's so much more than that during the first few episodes that she's spunky, self sufficient, thinks quickly on her feet, and an overall fun character. this was the heroine i wanted to root for and not the moping damsel in distress she became. as the drama unfolded, instead of growing as a character, i felt like she "regressed" and became "undeveloped." her loveline with SW did not help. for some reason, i felt like they were dragging each other down. with SW it seems like they have this never ending push and pull thing happening in their relationship. i don't really feel like they grew together as a couple and individually by being together.

• Like 8

sharing this clip of SH and AR while AR was treating his injury. i find it hilarious that he's unsure if he dated Ah Ro...

• Like 6

As the Hwarang came to its closure, I would like to express my lot of thanks to all of you who kindly provided the recap(s) here for your generosity and hard works.

I had enjoyed the ride along the story. The ending is the happy one for me (I personally love to have happy ending for any drama I watch as I watch drama to entertain my soul). I think the story is not bad even though not very good due to unresolved issues. It sticks to the original story which is Hwarang ‘the beginning’.  The beginning is not the end therefore there are conflict issues where people have to stumble upon to learn to resolve, to learn to adjust, and to learn to do better to have the best ending they can possibly get. As SW said, he and SMJ have different paths to take. The drama showed me that. It also showed that with their friendship, they can use their differences to help each other. SMJ and SW grew to be friends and grew to trust each other. Their teamwork will pave the way to better Silla. (By the way, no king can rule the country by himself, right? For every successful person, there is always very good and capable persons/team behind, right?).

I have not seen that SMJ is weak. Through the story, he has learned to grow from one who was pampered to be a man and to be a good king in the future. SW has also learned to understand the world, to trust others, and to be a mature and wise man. Even the chief of Hwarang house (never be able to remember his name as I hate biased teacher .. heee), he also learned and accepted SW at the end.  

In conclusion, I have no regret watching this drama. It entertained me. I also enjoy coming here.

See you again in our next drama. Thank you so much, everyone !!

• Like 13

this thread is so quiet now that drama is finished. i'll miss seeing PHS as SMJ. 

• Like 8

Totally agree with @tingth.

I understand friends who disagree w tingth and I. I really respect your thought and do not want to argue with you. Please understand me and accept my apologies. 

I am not Korean and I don't know much about King Jinhueng. I only realise that the HM is one of the great kings of Korea and I respect the fact. 

However, I believe that the true great king should be "human beings" . He must have kind heart who always thinks of benefit of the  nation and people of the nation.

There  must be lots of difficult lessons every great man/woman has to learn before he/she will be the great man/woman. It's impposible for one to be the perfect person since the day he/she was born.  

To me, the great king must be great thinker and great politician. He must know to think twice before taking action. The king can be great warrior but the nation needs more than war. Therefore, someone who the king can trust should help the king lead the army. That  doesn' t mean the  king is not courageous. It's not necessary that the king must portray himself as the perfect hero. The king who was born under the umbrella of monarchy is the kng. Such kind of HM is not SW or Hong, the rebel who has to fight for survival. 

Moreover, the series is not the story of King Jinhueng. It is about yong men who later become the king's aiders.

Let me say again that I am not Korean and this series doesn't make me feel  bad with the king. On the contrary, I think the king must be great king because he knows more than fighting in the war and because he learns how to live with ordinary people. He learns how to cover his sorrow and be the great king for the nation and people of the nation. 

For ones who still disappointed the role of SMJ in the series, pls accept my apologies. I really dont want to fight. I  don't think my thought is better than othes. I only want to speak my thought. 

I  ve just started watching the series again from ep 1. This is the first Korean series that I want to repeatedly watch. 

• Like 12

@windywind, let's just agree to disagree then. :) we all have different opinions, we just need to respect each other's view. no need to fight. your pov regarding SMJ differs from mine but doesn't mean we'll have to argue about it. we can have discussions without personally attacking each other. :)

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, windywind said:

Totally agree with @tingth

I  ve just started watching the series again from ep 1. This is the first Korean series that I want to repeatedly watch. 

Same heere:lol: i just will repeat and repeat and repeat this drama again... At least my fav scenes until i am sick of it lol:D

Thanks to @Era Ferawati for recommending me this... I am sure i will accompany you to watch SWDBS bcos i often  believe in your taste:lol:

And thanks to all friends here... I adore you all.. You're really diligent people for stills and Korean history... Really love it:wub:

• Like 7

9 hours ago, jjoy84 said:

sharing this clip of SH and AR while AR was treating his injury. i find it hilarious that he's unsure if he dated Ah Ro...

hhhhhhhhh poor man he dated many (every) girls that he can't remember who he didn't date!! :lol: 

but it's good thing for him or Sun Woo would have made him payed for it!! :lol: 

cr: owner

Han Sung!! :bawling: 

actually, my drama!! :bawling: 

• Like 5

On 2/21/2017 at 5:33 PM, sakura2016 said:

MY OTP!! :wub:

as for me I'm going to keep rewatching my favorite parts bromance and OTP and their MVs!! :tongue::blush: and I have a drama I'm currently watching and loving "Tomorrow With You" which is helping for sure and planning to check on Park Hyung Sik's new drama as it looks fun!! :wink: and I'm waiting for Park Seo Joon to pick a new drama because I'm missing him already!! :( 

Just yours?  Please can we share? They r mine too! <sulking>  :wink:

Hope we won't wait for to long

Well...favourites parts and MV's might help for a while...i agree :)

On 2/21/2017 at 8:12 PM, ferily said:

In my opinion, I think the scene where Hwarang pledging to be loyal and serve Sam Maek Jong with Sun Woo in front is so beautiful. I love how Sun Woo and Sam Maek Jong friendship shines in the scene. Throughout the last half the drama, after SW found out that SMJ, he started to see SMJ true heart towards the people of Silla and how he feels. It is because of Sun Woo trusts and believes in SMJ that he is able to follow him and acknowledge him as King. For me, I think it's beautiful that Sun Woo is able to gather all of the Hwarang and have them all pledge loyalty to SMJ. It's wonderful to see that because Sam Maek Jong has somebody like SW on is side :) Despite the situation with SW being a "threat" to the throne, I think we all knew that SW isn't the type of person that would want to take the throne. He never had the desire of the throne and throwing the whole "being a sacred bone" didn't really do anything. I think SW wanted to test SMJ and see his heart for being King, thus confronting him.

I love their bond too :)

King loved SW...he was jealous coz he got AR's love, but as a person he trusted SW and really loved him...SW was someone with strong will, brave and honest and king admired him for that

Did you see king's face after he found out SW might be his enemy? He was afraid for the first time after he decided to take the throne :(...yet when SW came to him and he offered him to stab him...he cried.. he didn't want to fight and.he was sorry :(...he didn't want their bond to end...he is lucky to have someone like SW on his side like you said...and i'm glad SW saw king has different heart then he was imagining after death of his friend

While i'm on them...as for kneeling infront of the king...why would SW kneel infront of him?...bad manners?...hmmm...even king didn't have face to ask that of him coz he knew he owes him a lot...and his place is secure coz SW decided to support him and brought all hwarangs along

On 2/21/2017 at 10:20 PM, Era Ferawati said:

From the first time I watched hwarang till final,it's not perfect but I still love it,make me falling love with PHS,and join this thread,it's really fun have discussion with all of you,thank uuu for warm welcoming,and sorry for different opinion sometimes:lol:esp to PSJ fans,sorry for always gushing for SMJ(I can't help it)

See you on other thread.

:D...its ok chingu...who admits half can be forgiven :)

On 2/22/2017 at 6:56 AM, sebastian27 said:

finally watched the final episode... what a mess! still have so many questions left unanswered

1. what is the reason for the fainting spell? if it was not significant,,, why bother showing it?

2. whatever happen with the bad guy that was pestering BR?

3. where was SH in the last scene?

4. what happened to AR's dad?

5. what did SW and AR tell everyone? that no one seems surprised that they were a couple now instead of brother-sister

6. what happened to the other commander? the princess? ...et.al...

but thankfully it has ended and we can now focus all our attention and gush over the other thread. 

PHS/SMJ performance is supeb for me. with the bad script from the writers.. i was still amazed that he was able to outshine the main lead couple. 

thanks everyone!!! it was fun reading all your post all through the course of this series... being blocked and then unblocked... hehehe.. it was still fun!

see you on the other threat. :)

Disagree on the last bold part...he is great kid...he was better here then in What happens with this family... he grows with time as an actor and i like that ...i think he did really great with young, yet to-be real strong king one day, king role in this drama...but he didn't outshine main lead nor OTP sorry chingu

Agree on all the rest chingu :)

17 hours ago, louisawatson said:

He is totally weak. You cannot deny it. He is portrayed as a weak king. You cannot sugarcoat it.

People are mad because he's a real historical person. He's a great conqueror king who brought golden age to silla and is nothing like he was portrayed in Hwarang drama. 

I agree he is weak here...and fearfull...but this was not drama about king in his best days of ruling anyway...it was about young him and making hwarangs..his great days r yet to come...'people r mad'...PHS's fan r mad, if king was played by different actor noone would mind i  think

• Like 9

Finally i find the gif one of my fav PHS's cry scene :wink: A teardrop fell from his eye is so beautiful :wub:

1487688601.gif?type=w1

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

d'...PHS's fan r mad, if king was played by different actor noone would mind i  think

No, it is definitely not just PHS's fans. Most knetizens are mad. They are very sensitive of subjects that deal with their historical figures. They are also angry that this stupid drama will be sold to Japan

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

Just yours?  Please can we share? They r mine too! <sulking>  :wink:

Hope we won't wait for to long

Well...favourites parts and MV's might help for a while...i agree :)

I love their bond too :)

King loved SW...he was jealous coz he got AR's love, but as a person he trusted SW and really loved him...SW was someone with strong will, brave and honest and king admired him for that

Did you see king's face after he found out SW might be his enemy? He was afraid for the first time after he decided to take the throne :(...yet when SW came to him and he offered him to stab him...he cried.. he didn't want to fight and.he was sorry :(...he didn't want their bond to end...he is lucky to have someone like SW on his side like you said...and i'm glad SW saw king has different heart then he was imagining after death of his friend

While i'm on them...as for kneeling infront of the king...why would SW kneel infront of him?...bad manners?...hmmm...even king didn't have face to ask that of him coz he knew he owes him a lot...and his place is secure coz SW decided to support him and brought all hwarangs along

:D...its ok chingu...who admits half can be forgiven :)

Disagree on the last bold part...he is great kid...he was better here then in What happens with this family... he grows with time as an actor and i like that ...i think he did really great with young, yet to-be real strong king one day, king role in this drama...but he didn't outshine main lead nor OTP sorry chingu

Agree on all the rest chingu :)

I agree he is weak here...and fearfull...but this was not drama about king in his best days of ruling anyway...it was about young him and making hwarangs..his great days r yet to come...'people r mad'...PHS's fan r mad, if king was played by different actor noone would mind i  think

sure thing I'mm share chingu!! sharing is caring!! :wink::tongue: 

well he stopped being childish (still cute) in his jealousy!! now both of them are precious for him and want them to be happy!! 

and Oh My God!! the scene Sun Woo told him he killed him over and over in his head for killing his friend Mak Moon but couldn't kill him whenever his in front of him and wanted to believe he's not the King he hated so much dispite knowing that he is!! my heart broke!! both of them loved each other that they couldn't fight each other and we had our bromance!! :heart: 

agree with you!! everyone did a great job in his role and I loved them all!! Sun Woo/Park Seo Joon is my favorite :wink: but I loved them all!! :wub: 

I loved all the actors and wouldn't change anyone of them!! :wub: 

cr: sana_shawol_m

@louisawatson really?!! it will be sold tJapan?!! I'm so happy for my drama and boys!! if they wanted to buy it it means they know they'll win from it and our loved actors will have more fans don't you think chingu?!! :wink: 

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, louisawatson said:

No, it is definitely not just PHS's fans. Most knetizens are mad. They are very sensitive of subjects that deal with their historical figures. They are also angry that this stupid drama will be sold to Japan

just to add, a lot of those who ended up rooting for SMJ were not PHS fans to begin with (myself included). we ended up becoming fans due to his earnest portrayal of SMJ. also, there are things that you just do not tamper with, and SMJ's character is one of those things since he's one their greatest kings. just my 2 cents.

anyway, sharing some pics/vids of SMJ and Aro. eventhough the ship sunk, i still think that these two would have been a better pair, chemistry wise and character/personality wise.

• Like 6