Seiran029

[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑 | Starring: Park Seo Joon, Go Ara and Park Hyung Sik

I'm actually liking or rather looking forward to seeing SMJ's ferocious side. That sinister look in his eyes , is the beginning of SMJ not being afraid of confronting his enemies. A King needs to have both a 'soft' and 'tough' side to his persona.   A warm heart for his subjects and a manipulative mind for his enemies. And right now, the biggest enemy of Hwarang is none other than Master Young-sil. Infact, he is the most malicious enemy of the entire Silla Kingdom. SMJ trying to win these small battles ( like taking back his bracelet, and then maybe confronting SW and also his heartbreak over AR) delineates the growth of SMJ's character. Confronting his small demons inch by inch and then finally taking his true position of that of the King. I'm just truly glad , that finally....oh dear..finally, we will get rid of that romantic muddle and SMJ now can move on to his rightful claim to the throne. I hope to seeing SMJ, SW/MM , BR... confronting their own shortfalls. There is certainly a major upheaval coming in all their way. SMJ with his King claim, MM with his lineage and BR with his own standing in that wretched family of his. BUT, BUT..... I swear is the writer makes it makjang with SMJ going all green over SW/AR and doing something silly....I'll flipping tables right here...:crazy:

• Like 13

1 minute ago, papulichan said:

I'm actually liking or rather looking forward to seeing SMJ's ferocious side. That sinister look in his eyes , is the beginning of SMJ not being afraid of confronting his enemies. A King needs to have both a 'soft' and 'tough' side to his persona.   A warm heart for his subjects and a manipulative mind for his enemies. And right now, the biggest enemy of Hwarang is none other than Master Young-sil. Infact, he is the most malicious enemy of the entire Silla Kingdom. SMJ trying to win these small battles ( like taking back his bracelet, and then maybe confronting SW and also his heartbreak over AR) delineates the growth of SMJ's character. Confronting his small demons inch by inch and then finally taking his true position of that of the King. I'm just truly glad , that finally....oh dear..finally, we will get rid of that romantic muddle and SMJ now can move on to his rightful claim to the throne. I hope to seeing SMJ, SW/MM , BR... confronting their own shortfalls. There is certainly a major upheaval coming in all their way. SMJ with his King claim, MM with his lineage and BR with his own standing in that wretched family of his. BUT, BUT..... I swear is the writer makes it makjang with SMJ going all green over SW/AR and doing something silly....I'll flipping tables right here...:crazy:

Yes agree what you said! I am actually excited to see what Sam Maek Jong is going to do in tomorrow's episode :o I just hope nothing will happen in the process, that's why I'm worried.... I think tomorrow's episode is really focused on SMJ character, at least that's what I'm seeing from the preview and articles...but who knows, they can be deceiving :sweatingbullets:

No no no, please no makjang moments..... I would like to see some development of SMJ, as much as I like the romance too... (Although really prefer bromance)

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, ferily said:

Yes agree what you said! I am actually excited to see what Sam Maek Jong is going to do in tomorrow's episode :o I just hope nothing will happen in the process, that's why I'm worried.... I think tomorrow's episode is really focused on SMJ character, at least that's what I'm seeing from the preview and articles...but who knows, they can be deceiving :sweatingbullets:

No no no, please no makjang moments..... I would like to see some development of SMJ, as much as I like the romance too... (Although really prefer bromance)

Chinguya, I know what you mean. I don't think anything 'bad' is going to happen  per se.  But, we all know that  there is this final and major conflict looming over between SMJ and SW/MM. Firstly, MM is still hell bent on taking his vengeance for Mak- Moon's unlawful death. SW/MM has his doubts on who the actual King is and when SMJ will come clean with his identity, MM is going to hit the roof .  And, with both of them finally confronting each other face-face , will eventually clear SW/MM of his misunderstanding that SMJ had nothing to do with Mak-Moon's death and also, realise the friendship between him and SMJ. These two really need to sort things out rather than playing the cat-n-mouse game. I mean even BR and SH have sorted out their love-hate relationship,  HAHAHAHA..... ( I wonder if they are going show any more BR/ SY scenes...I actually miss these two and their cutesy love)

PS:- I think if Soompiers were scriptwriters for this drama, the ratings would be tearing the ceiling apart:lol::lol:

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, papulichan said:

Chinguya, I know what you mean. I don't think anything 'bad' is going to happen  per se.  But, we all know that  there is this final and major conflict looming over between SMJ and SW/MM. Firstly, MM is still hell bent on taking his vengeance for Mak- Moon's unlawful death. SW/MM has his doubts on who the actual King is and when SMJ will come clean with his identity, MM is going to hit the roof .  And, with both of them finally confronting each other face-face , will eventually clear SW/MM of his misunderstanding that SMJ had nothing to do with Mak-Moon's death and also, realise the friendship between him and SMJ. These two really need to sort things out rather than playing the cat-n-mouse game. I mean even BR and SH have sorted out their love-hate relationship,  HAHAHAHA..... ( I wonder if they are going show any more BR/ SY scenes...I actually miss these two and their cutesy love)

PS:- I think if Soompiers were scriptwriters for this drama, the ratings would be tearing the ceiling apart:lol::lol:

Yeah, we've been missing some BR and SY scenes! They are the couple I 100% ship in this drama! Imagine BR and SH trying to talk about SY and BR getting all nervous towards SH because of that :lol: That would be a funny conversation.

Ah, but yes MM pretty much knows that SMJ is the King, although SMJ hasn't admitted to MM himself that he is King. More like giving hints that he is the King. But there is still the misunderstanding of Mak Moon's death and MM thinking that it is all SMJ's fault for his death.. I hope this misunderstanding gets cleared up soon and they could confront each other about them..

As in something bad happening, I was thinking that with SMJ sneaking in (like in the photos), something will happen to him while trying to do whatever he is trying to do that night :persevere: I don't know what the "something" is though...

• Like 6

This drama is so frustrating to watch. 

my heart aches for Sam Maek Jong. At this rate he may be buried as a faceless King forever. The Baekje scenes frustrates me most. The writers haven't given Sam Maek Jong a chance to shine even for a bit. Ugh!

What i'm scared of is that Sun Woo be declared as the King and be Jinhueng, i know from Sunwoo's character its never going to happen but i am really frustrated with Sam Maek Jong just sitting at the back watching everything. It frustrates him, it frustrates me and i bet it frustrates most of the viewers as well hence the low ratings. How can this have a low rating with all the boys that's in this drama. seriously I think this drama has still a decent ratings because of all the fan girls who wants to see their biases in this drama (example me bias: PHS) if not because of Park hyung sik i have dropped this drama last week. ugh 

I'll wait for tonight's episode with a frustrated heart and hope for the best. 

I hope that Sam Maek Jong claims that throne soon. and i hope he'll do it greatly! 

• Like 10

(This is just my comment on Hwarang with my limit ability in English)

I have been quietly following this thread (and have been so very much thankful for those who kindly did the recaps!). To me, Hwarang is not the best drama. It has many lacking (same as many other K-dramas I have seen for the past years). But still, I enjoy watching it (or probably I am a curiosity cat who keeps wondering what will happen to all those Hwarang boys next).   

I found that there are strong supporters for SMJ (or I would say PHS who looks and acts very well as SMJ not SMJ himself).  I also think that PHS looks really good (even pretty) in this drama. His acting is getting better and better.  PSJ is not at his best look (or act sometimes) in this drama. However, I think all actors are doing their parts well. They, probably, are expected to portray such character that way (particularly Go Ara).  Right now, I am just looking forward to know what behind SW birth secret, how they will kick and kill that old man step dad of BR, when will SMJ realized that SW friend who was killed by the Queen’s guard is actually Aro’s real brother, whether the Queen is truly bad mother, etc.  I don’t care whether the story is according to Korean history or half history half fiction. I just consider it as solely a drama/story. I also like the writer. I think he/she is good. At least he/she is good at keeping me curious to until ep. 15 already .. ha..ha

So whatever the comments are, whatever the ratings are …  Bring it on, Hwarang!

• Like 9

I still have hope that the Writer is planning something big for Sam Maek Jong and he will get his chance to shine in the drama!! I hope that SMJ announcing he is King will be impactful and huge...! I guess I shouldn't have high expectations for the drama though because they tend to be turned into disappointment :sweatingbullets: But we will see!!

@tingth I agree that I am here for the drama and story as well. I am looking forward to the birth secret of Moo Myung, everyone finding out that Sam Maek Jong is the King and him taking his place on the throne, and Sam Maek Jong leading his people!

I do love PHS, but I also love Sam Maek Jong's character too! I think I can say that many of us are gushing and fangirling over Park Hyung Sik in this drama, but alot of us love SMJ's character too! We all mentioned how his character has the most depth and we are all anticipating that moment SMJ is King. We all support SMJ because of his character, not only because of PHS :) Although, PHS is a bonus... :wub:

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Yongzura said:

I'm still watching it too till the end ... no matter what the rating is :blush: Lots of question that need answers.

ME TOO!!!NO MATTER WHAT THE RATING IS AND WHAT THE WRITER WILL DO WITH THE STORY!

• Like 9

I love SW, SMJ and the Hwarangs.   SW has leadership that is for sure,  but SMJ is Jinheung and they cannot swtch things up like this, even if ithis drama is fiction.    SW saying he is the king is mainly because he is protecting Ahro.   Even if he is not sure of SMJ being the king, it will turn out that he protected  the king's identity, and will be rewarded somehow officially.   There will be further reveals, for sure, specially with regard to SW/MM's identity,   

As for Ahro, she already knows who she loves and will choose.   That, is fait accompli to me, and no longer the focus at this point. 

-------

Royalty intermarried, to preserve the sacred bone.  Jinheung himself  is the son of a prince (brother of king)  and Jisoo, who in turn is daughter of the King.     This  is uncle and niece as husband and wife, so Jinheung is both a nephew and grandson of the King. 

If SW/MM is Jisoo's nephew (son of brother Hwigyung, also the King's older son who was not selected due to polio),  then SW/MM is at least part sacred bone.  It  now depends on who SW's  mother is (in their own words--commoner, halfbreed, true bone, sacred bone).   Either way  he is a direct descendant of the king too, although the King, prior to his abdication, handpicked his successor, and gave him the name King Jinheung.  Jisoo would not have been so powerful otherwise.

If he is a royal, why was MM was hidden so deep,  in the common folk village without a name, is also unanswered, is it for security?     He was hidden deeper than SMJ.     

At this point I will just watch for any reveals,   I am getting confused.  lol.   

Edited by hazeljrr_c922
  • Like 7

18 minutes ago, hazeljrr_c922 said:

They intermarried a lot, to preserve the sacred bone.  Jinheung himself  is the son of a prince (brother of king)  and Jisoo, who in turn is daughter of the King.     This  is uncle and niece as husband and wife, so Jinheung is both a nephew and grandson of the King.   And now in our drama he supposedly will be marrying his half sister on his mother side.  

If SW/MM is Jisoo's nephew (son of brother Hwigyung, also the King's son),  then he is at least half sacred bone.  It  now depends on who his mother is (in their own words--commoner, halfbreed, true bone, sacred bone).   Either way  he is a direct descendant of the king too, although the King handpicked  SMJ/Jinheung as successor.  

Why he was hidden so deep,  in the common folk village without a name, is also unanswered, is it for security?     He was hidden deeper than SMJ.     

At this point I will just watch for any reveals,   lol.   

But after being hidden so deep and so many episode if the reason is too shalow I will flip a table :D 

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, hazeljrr_c922 said:

If he is a royal, why was MM was hidden so deep,  in the common folk village without a name, is also unanswered, is it for security?     He was hidden deeper than SMJ.     

At this point I will just watch for any reveals,   I am getting confused.  lol.   

:blush: Me too.  I am just going to wait and see what the writer has prepared for us since it is produced already ha ha. I want to know the answers of all these questions.  However seeing the main leads getting hurt emotionally, sigh.... hurt our feelings too.  Hopefully, everything will be wrapped up satisfactorily.. (5 more episodes)

3 hours and 30 mins to go...for the next episode.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ferily said:

I do love PHS, but I also love Sam Maek Jong's character too! I think I can say that many of us are gushing and fangirling over Park Hyung Sik in this drama, but alot of us love SMJ's character too! We all mentioned how his character has the most depth and we are all anticipating that moment SMJ is King. We all support SMJ because of his character, not only because of PHS :) Although, PHS is a bonus... :wub:

I don't even know PHS's name, aside from his character on Heirs, I don't know who he is, his other work or that he is an idol. 

SMJ made me look for this actor...  That character is my favorite   in Saguek land.  Haha

• Like 6

3 hours ago, silvianage said:

Yup totally the writer fault. He is wasting our boys talent

I am still watching it just because of PSJ, PHS and Min Hoo, if they are not in this drama I have drop it since ep 11

Agreed watching this drama had me feel like a chore/task that must be done these days because I'm too far into this, and I'm not that excited anymore, they're wasting these cast talent, the boys were all good in acting and there's no acting holes, but the plot progress is too slow :mellow:

• Like 4

@ferily I love Sam Maek Jong too, that's why it's very frustrating for me to watch. SMJ the real King acting like a wall paper watching cowardly on the back. Ugh 

anyways about MooMyung. i don't know if i recall it right, in the Drama Six Flying Dragons, there is a group called MooMyung (No Name) as far as i can recall it was formed and organized during the era of the 3 kingdoms, i'm not really sure if it was founded on Silla. 

I don't know if it has anything to do with the Drama but it triggered my curiosity, will SunWoo organize MooMyung?

so much for that, i really hope they'll make a great CHaracter out of Sam Maek Jong, after all he was considered to be a Great King. I just hope they will not make SunWoo king insead of SamMaekJong and make it look like SunWoo is SamMaekJong

Another thing that bothers me is that SunWoo is hidden to, identity is also hidden. its very easy to make him King and announce to the World that he Is SamMaekJong. ugh 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jeenee said:

@ferily I love Sam Maek Jong too, that's why it's very frustrating for me to watch. SMJ the real King acting like a wall paper watching cowardly on the back. Ugh 

anyways about MooMyung. i don't know if i recall it right, in the Drama Six Flying Dragons, there is a group called MooMyung (No Name) as far as i can recall it was formed and organized during the era of the 3 kingdoms, i'm not really sure if it was founded on Silla. 

I don't know if it has anything to do with the Drama but it triggered my curiosity, will SunWoo organize MooMyung?

so much for that, i really hope they'll make a great CHaracter out of Sam Maek Jong, after all he was considered to be a Great King. I just hope they will not make SunWoo king insead of SamMaekJong and make it look like SunWoo is SamMaekJong

Another thing that bothers me is that SunWoo is hidden to, identity is also hidden. its very easy to make him King and announce to the World that he Is SamMaekJong. ugh 

Six Flying Dragons takes place during the Joseon Dynasty so I highly doubt they are related in any way. It's most likely pure coincidence that the two dramas use the same name. 

The guy also mentioned that when Sun Woo was young, he had no name so that's why they named him Moo Myung.

i do also hope that the drama doesn't do some crazy plottwist and try to make Sun Woo King... :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2

Just one and a half more hours.... Today I will be watching the drama live because of my procrastinated essay :sweatingbullets: Still did not manage to finish it...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ferily said:

Six Flying Dragons takes place during the Joseon Dynasty so I highly doubt they are related in any way. It's most likely pure coincidence that the two dramas use the same name. 

The guy also mentioned that when Sun Woo was young, he had no name so that's why they named him Moo Myung.

this is just a thought, a what if, so.....

Spoiler

Six Flying Dragons was from Goryeo Dynasty, the SIx dragons were the ones who founded the Jeoson Dynasty. I really hope its reall just a coincidence, especially so that it was mentioned as-a-matter-of-factly and just in passing, however;

Yi Bang-Won : When did your organization start?
Granny Jeong-Ya : Silla. We began with a man by the name of Yeomjong who lived under Queen Seondeok’s reign.  
Yi Bang-Won : Yeomjong? The traitor who revolted with Bidam?

Hwarang was organized way way after Jinhueng's reign, so i guess they may also use MooMyung. i dunno i'll just wait. 

for more info about Moomyung in most SIlla Dramas here's a link
http://bodashiri.tumblr.com/post/138748486706/nameless-in-sfd-universe

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ferily said:

Just one and a half more hours.... Today I will be watching the drama live because of my procrastinated essay :sweatingbullets: Still did not manage to finish it...

me too i have to submit an article:wink: but i can't miss if sun woo's identity is revealed today.. anyway i'm too curious to know why he cried (so my as far as my article is concerned till Hwarang episode finishes bye bye):D

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jeenee said:

this is just a thought, a what if, so.....

Hide contents

Six Flying Dragons was from Goryeo Dynasty, the SIx dragons were the ones who founded the Jeoson Dynasty. I really hope its reall just a coincidence, especially so that it was mentioned as-a-matter-of-factly and just in passing, however;

Yi Bang-Won : When did your organization start?
Granny Jeong-Ya : Silla. We began with a man by the name of Yeomjong who lived under Queen Seondeok’s reign.  
Yi Bang-Won : Yeomjong? The traitor who revolted with Bidam?

Hwarang was organized way way after Jinhueng's reign, so i guess they may also use MooMyung. i dunno i'll just wait. 

for more info about Moomyung in most SIlla Dramas here's a link
http://bodashiri.tumblr.com/post/138748486706/nameless-in-sfd-universe

Oh, I see how you may think it might connect. Although the organization started in the Silla dynasty, according to the dialogue it says that it began with a man who lived under Queen Seondeok's reign. Queen Seondeok's reign was about 100 years after Jinheung reign. As I said before, I doubt they are connected in some way because we have to also remember that the writer is not following actual history with King Jinheung in the drama. In the drama Sam Maek Jong is based off of the actual King of history, but we can obviously see the drama isn't following the history, only contains King Jinheung.

Based on the flow of the drama, I doubt something like this will happen though, because we also have Hwarang in the drama.. There is also the assumption Sun Woo might become the commander of Hwarang...but we are not sure about this though. I think putting another organization in, Moomyung like you mentioned, would make the drama messy because by the time Sam Maek Jong does take the throne, Hwarang will most likely still be present. We have to remember that Hwarang is the organization that is Queen wanted to create in the drama to serve King Jinheung, and Hwarang is the main focus of the drama! But we will have to see what will happen.

11 minutes ago, athena22 said:

me too i have to submit an article:wink: but i can't miss if sun woo's identity is revealed today.. anyway i'm too curious to know why he cried (so my as far as my article is concerned till Hwarang episode finishes bye bye):D

Haha yes, I am dying to know what will happen in today's episode. I am normally not up at this time though.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, silvianage said:

Yup totally the writer fault. He is wasting our boys talent

I am still watching it just because of PSJ, PHS and Min Hoo, if they are not in this drama I have drop it since ep 11

Me too.. if not for Park Hyun shik I would have stopped watching ... considering this is a pre produced drama 

• Like 1