raymondc27

Time heals pain

We'll never forget whom we dated and loved and they'll be inside our heart.

How long does it usually take for you to get back on the "market"?

I'm from anywhere 6 months to a few years, I'm weird. How about you guys?

Are you asking literally or just figuratively?
Because I had a love interest that broke up with me by running me over with her car.
Given the circumstances, I was easily 'over' her relatively quick.  But I didn't heal from it for about 6 months because I was in traction most of that time.

• Like 5

In the latest case I'd say it took me about two years to get over it completely (just did as of a couple of months ago). In the past it happened pretty quickly.

I would say there are some people I'll never get over completely, like the first girl I loved, E. There will always be a part of me that loves and cares about her, hope she's doing well. I think part of it is how they treat me. If they treat me poorly I actually get over them really quickly. Whereas if they were really good to me, that always takes me much longer to move on from.

• Like 1

Depends on the relationship - the length, quality, why we broke up...

I don't think 6 months to a few years is weird. I would be wary of anyone that jumps from one person to the next.

Yeah. If jumps too fast, that new person is pretty much a rebound. Luckily mine ended up well. 

I started hanging out with this new guy (now my husband) who was at the time a college classmate, I told him that I'd just gotten out from a messy relationship and I honestly told him he's just a rebound because I still felt lonely and depressed. He said didn't mind because he liked me very much.

Edited by ~ BunnyliciouS ~
  • Like 2

Depends on the relationship - the length, quality, why we broke up...

I don't think 6 months to a few years is weird. I would be wary of anyone that jumps from one person to the next.

Yeah, me too. I've met a lot of people over the years who go from person to person with no time in between. I've even heard about some people who line up a potential bf/gf prior to getting out of any relationship so that they can transition immediately to the next one.

Personally I've very slow in moving from one relationship to another (though I date frequently). For me, I just want to feel sure about someone before I jump in. At least as sure as I can be; because once I put my emotions into it, I get a bit irrational.

• Like 2

depends on the length, the emotion/love that you put into it. To be honest, you never can forget someone you once loved. It is impossible. time may ease the memories that both shared/created but unless you never loved the person ..

for me, my last relationship took me about 2 years to forget. I just start to date again about 4 months ago. Like escapeearth had said, im quite slow in moving to a different person unless I only see them as hookup/fling in the beginning

• Like 2

I had a gf many years ago who broke up with me. As much as I cared for her I had no qualms putting that behind more or less straight away. If someone new had come along that I was interested in I'd have easily slipped into pursuit mode the next day.

But then again I'm so introverted that I can easily settle in for years without dating. As it was, it was 7 years before I started seeing my current gf and she'd not dated in quite a few years too.

• Like 1

we can't forget the person who we really loves but time will gives you a chance to heal from that pain.

• Like 2

I think time cannot really heal pain. It just helps you get familiar with the change and feel normal when facing with it. So, it is why when it comes to learning how to get over a breakup, people often say let time heal the pain. 

• Like 1

It takes me longer to get over TV shows. Still upset about HIMYM finale. Still miss Gossip Girl. 

I also think that time never really heals us. It is just over time we get used to the pain and the struggles.

Eventually they seem normal to us.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

It takes me longer to get over TV shows. Still You about HIMYM finale. Still miss Gossip Girl. 

lol ive read some of your posts on this site. You're a very interesting person

I also  that time never really heals us. It is just over time we get used to the pain and the struggles.

Eventually they seem normal to us.:rolleyes:

true. 

Your thread title is such a lie.

it is. Time dont heal pain. You Just get used to the pain

Have you seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? Good film. Only if that procedure in the film exists...

ill check it out later. Try not to spoil it