Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ororomunroe

[Drama 2015] High Society 상류사회

I love ep14 although it broke my heart to see how painful CS is at the moment. He's so helpless for his own love :tears:.   This tells me even if you're rich, we may not be able to get anything you want.  But his mum will give up soon as CS is doing a great job making mum feeling guilty. "Mum, I choose you..."  :lol

I don't understand why YH told her mum that she wants to die???  To me, things are not that bad for her - she's born in a wealthy family (although not happy), she is beautiful and her relationship with JK is not a totally failure and it's actually improving.  Is that simply because she can't differentiate what JK's doing are for real or fake?  A lot of people will die for the social status and background of what she's got. JK was or still is one of them.  Come on YH, be a strong woman and listen to your heart one more time. Just take your time to rebuild the trust with the love of your life.   :D;)

@Nymeria285: "Have you seen Secret Garden, I wanted a similar ending for Chang Soo and Ji Yi because that's the only thing that makes sense for them."  
Yes, I have seen SG and the ending always bothered me. I don't want that for Ji Yi. I think it would make her sad to know that she caused a rift between CS and his mom. Also, their kids will someday wonder and then realize why their parents aren't allowed into the grandparents' home together. But, the SG mom was way crazier so I don't think this will happen in HS.

@Para12012: " I don't think his mom suddenly accepting her is the easy way out. CS is showing his mom his sincerity. How much YJ means to him and how ruin he will be without her even with all the power and the money around him."  

I just want to see CS be more proactive. I don't consider drinking and crying to be proactive. The fact that his mom is the one calling JY bothers me too because he should be the one trying to win her back. Good thing he's so lovable and adorable. Actually both of these boys are really hard to stay angry with.

Although my CS-JY didn't have any scenes together in this episode, I really enjoyed all the dialogue between the two leads. In particular, I loved the moment at the beginning when CS tells YH that JK loves her for real. She was really struck by that and though other people have told her or hinted at this, it's different coming from CS. He's said in the past before that he's not nice or doesn't want people to think he's nice. Plus he's JK's former friend which means he knows him well, but the former part means he has no reason to help JK now. She has been starting to think that maybe JK's feelings for her are real but this really solidifies that belief.  Then later JK asks CS casually if he should call JY over for him, since JY and not the cafeteria food was what brought him to Taejin and then he offers to help him too. Go Bromance!! 

My love for the Sismance keeps growing too. If JY and YH could read the fight brewing in our forum about their friendship, they'd roll their eyes at us for sure. The girls have no doubts about their affection, trust, and love for each other. When YH lied to JY to get her not to come to the bar, she felt guilty and immediately the next day she confessed and JY replied "good job!" The girls may feel insecure sometimes (especially about their status and their bfs) and they may even be petty at times with each other, but at the end of the day, none of that negatively impacts their rock solid friendship.

In the past, it was JY who pointed out to CS how his snobby attitude made JK feel and then today it was JK's mother who asked him if he's been treating CS that way too (holding back his emotions and putting on a mask). All along JK has carried this chip on his shoulder and finally he's starting to realize that his own prejudices and actions are just as much to blame.  I really admire the way that this writer writes and delivers meaningful lines in a realistic/organic way. JK's apology to CS was really perfect because it wasn't too cheesy and CS jokingly rejected it, but you know that they're on the road to forgiving each other for the past and to forging a new and more genunine friendship. Furthermore, the dialogue reflects how much the characters' interactions (with each other and the other people in their lives) and their experiences have shaped and continue to affect who they are now and will become in the future.

[Spoilers] High Society

fajh.jpg

Osen - Naver: 'High Society' Park Hyung Shik cries his heart out after his break up with Im Ji Yeon 

1. [+5,920, -192] A drama made for Park Hyung Shik. Isn't he just so awesome? I'm happy that he's getting positive response

2. [+4,034, -146] Hyung Shik-ah ㅠㅠㅜㅜㅜㅜYou're so cool

3. [+464, -12] More screen time for Chang Soo and Ji Yi please

4. [+203, -7] SBS, give them this year's best couple awardㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+189, -3] "No. I love her" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋOh, that was so good

6. [+180, -7] When will Park Hyun Shik pick his next project? I'm already excited

7. [+159, -5] Chang Soo's mom is different from other chaebol moms in dramas.. I feel like she'll approve of them ㅋㅋ

Nate

8. [+334, -7] You're the main character

9. [+264, -7] Park Hyung Shik has always done a great job with his previous minor roles.. He was never awkward.. He was so cute in 'Heirs' and he nailed his role as the maknae brother in 'What's with the Family?'. Ji Yi-Chang Soo couple is so fun ㅋㅋ

10. [+18, -1] Cried my eyes out because of Park Hyung Shikㅠㅠ

Credit kkuljaem

How great was the scene Where the two chaebal mothers were looking at the products of their actions. One wished She had died and thinks That's What The mother wanted, The other has lost the means to go one and has turned into this drunk no where near the past son The mom used to adore.

I really liked that scene and How that reality was hitting the two moms on the face and They both truly felt hurt by their actions.

I now realized How great The brother's disappearance has been for the growth The mom needed to do. Losing her fav kid has opened her eyes to her other kids a,d She has started to care about them. 

ya. I felt like the kids felt helpless and were emotional blackmailing their mums.

cant blame them

had done it myself when mum is unreasonable over things i feel strong about. sometimes i still have to do it, but not as pathetically. Bcos i am 34 this year. Need to be more mature abt the emotional blackmail. 

parents always think they are right.

esp mums.

Great morning Rollers! Well, I guess last night episode was a pleasant one, wasn't it? :)

Have not watch it yet, I decided to read the highlights and thoughts in here first, as I usually do.

YH is outside the office looking up…JK shades her eyes for her…asks if she ate the food…she did…he almost falls…LOL, i think..YH looks so worried…JK smiles so wide in response….AWWWWWWWW….

Sorry to cut your post @Lucel18, but this made my morning. I was AAAAWWWWW-ing so hard as well reading your post despite haven't watch ep14. I don't know how I'll react at that part later. ^_^

This is random, but is it me, or yoonha's chest look bigger than a b-cup when she's wearing the sequined (?) top? :lol:

You @astridwhite87 my friend, deserve a LOL confetti. Here.. JUST.FOR.YOU:lol:

Hidden Content

hahhahahhaa @magushsilence i can't stop laughing seeing that post of yours! yeah we need that button immediately! :lol:

well about the drama, i'm little worried about how it may ends. 2 episodes left before the ending, too short to solve all the complications there. like you all know we have some issues:

YH and JK revengeVSplay-hard-to-get issue

CH and JY mother monster issue

YW and KJ the-throne-is-mine issue

Mommy-Daddy-Maîtresse Jang-Won-Sik nae kkeoya issue

is it really enough for only two episodes left? i'm afraid that the ending would be an anti-climax. i hope it's just in my mind. but i really hope for a great endings for all and maybe a little episode extend? :P

I thought that CS has the best scene in the show so far when he breaks down to his mother. :tears:

YH and her mother are getting together but not really sure how that happened, when her mother was so venomous to her and slapping her around before.  Suddenly Mom has an enlightened sense of being when husband collapses (or around time she demanded a divorce and he refused to let her go), and now she is giving sage advance about loving is seeing beyond fault. 

The evil sisters have not changed in the least, and it is still pretty confusing to me why they hate their own sister so much.  Like where does this animosity come from? Although, true, the father holds her hand for that picture.  However, YH  was sent away from home for years and out of sight, so I don't see how that was an issue before.  :huh:

JY and CS love each other, and it will be very difficult for her to put up with his mother who may accept her but will always look down on her. (if that is why CS's mother is going to see her again).   But JY has shown herself to be a person I think who can eventually get under his mother's skin and she will come to love her, she already told his mother she was going to miss her.  

JK is really being the perfect suitor now, that any girl would want.  I am not into their chemistry though.  

Two of the women were wearing sequined tops, YH and the mistress.  I thought the sequins were pretty but the style was sort of dowdy and shapeless unflattering. 

I am hoping beyond hope that YH made a copy of that usb!  :w00t:

I am scared now, to be honest from Chang Soo's mother's expression, I don't think Ji Yi will say yes if it doesn't come from Chang Soo. We may be headed towards either an open end or an extremely tragic end for them. I don't think I can accept that. I want a happy ending for them. 

And Park Hyung Sik and Lim Ji Yeon has to work together again, their chemistry is just beyond awesome. Its a shame if we have to wait years to see them together again. 

This is random, but is it me, or yoonha's chest look bigger than a b-cup when she's wearing the sequined (?) top? :lol:

I had the same reaction. How could such a shapeless outfit give that impression?

Forget logic. Enjoy the drama.

best advice for watching a k-drama ever :)

Also, Chang Soo actually loves his mom. It's not that easy to walk away from your family and your life. As he told JY, he's always been in the same place. 

I whole heartedly agree. It might seem romantic for him to just ignore his family and need to have some money to live and just run away with the girl he loves. But life is not that simple and he does love his mother.

Nevertheless, I wasn't bothered at all with the mistress in this episode because I can understand why she was used in the end. Actually, she had the same thought like JK from the start: by becoming the mistress, she would have access to wealth, she would leave her social background. However, during her long relationship with the president, she started loving him and was hoping, he would divorce his wife and come to her. Now, while he was at the hospital, she realised that she was in the eye of the society nothing (she doesn't belong to the family) and although she loved him, she is left with nothing, except money, yet she is very unhappy. She lied to her mother for all those years implying that she knew how badly her mother would react. The mistress is a symbol for ambition as well, but just like JK who thought, a life without love is possible, she made a different experience : money can't get you everything, like f. e. respect as she is considered as a shame! 

As you have pointed out nicely here they are two sides of the coin. I think this point could have been nicely made with less screen time for the mistress and/or a lot less of her whining. But I do feel her character played as a counter to the wife. She also is essential for the dysfunctional family atmosphere that leads to YH wanting a "normal" life. the wife wants what she thinks the mistress has. Love. And that is what YH also wants. The mother was trying to toughen up YH but now that she has been able to admit to herself she wants the love of her husband she is more open to sharing that with YH.

Can someone post an earlier episode of PHS and vs the latest? Has his face gotten puffier? The actors say their faces swell when they lack sleep.

I will push aside some niggling silly plot points just to say when a Kdrama does an angsty episode right it's cathartic. It took years before I enjoyed having my heart hurt when the character is hurt. Will admit to crying and then repeating the CS crying scenes. It's seriously " it hurts so good ".

Yoon Ha randomly confessing to her mother was kind of awkward, years of emotional abuse is wiped out like that? If it wasn't a Kdrama I would say the mother had was on anti depressants and it kicked in. I do not trust her at all.

Even Joon Ki hurting was fantastic to watch. " shaking my head " as I write this, no normal American tv show viewer will understand why I think suffering is written so well in Kdramas.  And I really appreciate the fact I don't have to hear the      " f*** " in Kdramas. So uncouth.

Can someone post an earlier episode of PHS and vs the latest? Has his face gotten puffier? The actors say their faces swell when they lack sleep.

I will push aside some niggling silly plot points just to say when a Kdrama does an angsty episode right it's cathartic. It took years before I enjoyed having my heart hurt when the character is hurt. Will admit to crying and then repeating the CS crying scenes. It's seriously " it hurts so good ".

Yoon Ha randomly confessing to her mother was kind of awkward, years of emotional abuse is wiped out like that? If it wasn't a Kdrama I would say the mother had was on anti depressants and it kicked in. I do not trust her at all.

Even Joon Ki hurting was fantastic to watch. " shaking my head " as I write this, no normal American tv show viewer will understand why I think suffering is written so well in Kdramas.  And I really appreciate the fact I don't have to hear the      " f*** " in Kdramas. So uncouth.

The excuse from YH's mother was so sudden that I was left in disbelief. She mistreated and resented her daughter for so many years... I couldn't believe my own eyes. I wouldn't have accepted the change of her mother's behaviour, if I had been YH. Because of her, she had been looked down by her own sisters as well. 

How great was the scene Where the two chaebal mothers were looking at the products of their actions. One wished She had died and thinks That's What The mother wanted, The other has lost the means to go one and has turned into this drunk no where near the past son The mom used to adore.

I really liked that scene and How that reality was hitting the two moms on the face and They both truly felt hurt by their actions.

I now realized How great The brother's disappearance has been for the growth The mom needed to do. Losing her fav kid has opened her eyes to her other kids a,d She has started to care about them. 

so true... at least from observation in real life, it often seems like moms who go overboard with adoring their sons are often in marriages that are super unhappy. because the husband doesn't love them, they shift their attention to the son. this is probably one reason why he was her entire focus while the other 3 girls she let rot. but knowing her son voluntarily disappeared would have punched the gut -- who walks away from everyone and everything unless they hate their life so much? and YH saying that she wants to die and is so miserable in her life because all she wants is to be loved and no one loves her  would have reminded her of the son she lost; since YH and the brother were close, then it is a reminder that another kid is following in the same footsteps as her brother... wonder how much of the disappearance was in some part inspired by YH. just as YH chose to be part-time worker to sort of escape her reality, the brother took it one step further and walked away from his identity and created another...

but ep 14 was fun in parts -- who didn't laugh at CS reaction when JK confessed his love for him. hahahha, the bromance cracks me up so much. why couldn't this JK come out earlier? he was so charming -- did the writer take into account the audience reactions finally? even YH was more tolerable...

After watching the subs for the episode, the episode can be termed the tale of the two mothers as both become more aware that they may have been overly focused in their own needs and desires, fears and insecurities that they have neglected and perhaps cause harm to others. This is especially the case for YH's mother which probably started when the chairman collapsed and now the revelation that her son who she so favoured but put an enormous amt of pressure on actually bolted off and left the family by plotting his fake death and assuming a fake identity. It was then added on by YH's admission of guilt for everything and wishing that she has died which made her aware on all the harm and hurt she caused through her words and actions when she was solely focusing on herself. Similarly, CS's mother also realised that the ship has probably sailed more CS and it is probably JY or nothing if not her son is gone not physically but mentally. The rest of the plot developments seemed to be secondary to that but it feels as if the company machinations is slow to come as the sister's company fortunes seem to be on the upswing which make me wonder what is going to bring her down if that is the intention of the writer.

Haven't posted in a while due to real life, but that breakdown scene by CS was amazing. You could literally feel his heart breaking into a million pieces knowing that he can't marry the girl he loves. To me even if they don't end up together at the end, I think their last scene should be a heartwarming confession about how they truly loved each other. But please give me a happy ending, both couples really deserve it. Someone said on this thread that JY is the strongest character because even though the others feel alone, JY totally has no one which is true. She only had CS and to know that they can't end up together must really hurt. But props to her for staying strong and focusing on her work. JY and CS will definitely get some sort of happy ending because CS' mum realises how much CS loves JY. 

As for JK and YH, they will definitely get their happy ending thanks to all the side characters (CS and YH's mum) saying that love can transform. I don't know if it was just me, but after they broke up I started to feel their feelings. Obviously because JK's lie is finally out but I can actually look at YH and JK's relationship from an actual ROMANTIC perspective. YH definitely needs JK right now as their whole family is gonna go through a big turmoil due to YH's brother coming back and her sister that is just full of revenge (someone give her some love).

Looking forward to the ending and hoping that they don't fail us. It's been a great lead up to the finale (except for the whole damn mistress and father collapsing several times) and I seriously hope they provide a meaningful ending to each and every character in the drama.  

I  can't  undersand  why  it  is  such  a  big  deal  with  chaebol  kids  re>marriage  partners.  the  thing  is  they  want  to  have  their  cake  and  eat  ittoo! they  should  follow  what  the  leading  man in  '  I  heard  it  to  the  grapevine '  did  going  back  to  his  wife  with  empty  hands,  renouncing  his  inheritance  and  family  to  follow  his  love and  child.  instead  of  doing  unproductive  things  like  getting  drunk  on  a  nightly  basis,  do  something positive  and  get  her  back.  but  they  should  realize  there  are  trade  offs  in  life.  in 'heirs'  the  oldr b rother  became  the  heir  and  he  had  the  responsibility  to marry  for  business. there  are  more  important  things  in  the  world  than  pining  for  your  lost  love.there's  the  greek  financial  crisis,  isis  in  the  middle  east,  shooting  in  the  u.s., catastrophes  in  Africa.  love  is  not  the  be  all  and  end  all  in  life.  remember,  there are  jobs  and workers  relying  on  you so don't  be  so silly  and  selfish.

I  can't  undersand  why  it  is  such  a  big  deal  with  chaebol  kids  re>marriage  partners.  the  thing  is  they  want  to  have  their  cake  and  eat  ittoo! they  should  follow  what  the  leading  man in  '  I  heard  it  to  the  grapevine '  did  going  back  to  his  wife  with  empty  hands,  renouncing  his  inheritance  and  family  to  follow  his  love and  child.  instead  of  doing  unproductive  things  like  getting  drunk  on  a  nightly  basis,  do  something positive  and  get  her  back.  but  they  should  realize  there  are  trade  offs  in  life.  in 'heirs'  the  oldr b rother  became  the  heir  and  he  had  the  responsibility  to marry  for  business. there  are  more  important  things  in  the  world  than  pining  for  your  lost  love.there's  the  greek  financial  crisis,  isis  in  the  middle  east,  shooting  in  the  u.s., catastrophes  in  Africa.  love  is  not  the  be  all  and  end  all  in  life.  remember,  there are  jobs  and workers  relying  on  you so don't  be  so silly  and  selfish.

hahahaha ... that is real life. 

but in kdrama land, let romantic fantasies rule. I can feel their heavy heart in crying scenes. We hv smthg to invest our emotions in.

Hello everybody~

I am rather new to this thread and it has been a while since I joined any thread here in Soompi (last one was Bimil)

So again... hello!!!!

Btw, I only watch this drama for the sake of JiYi and ChungSoo... and can I say that YoonHa's mom is the most random character ever? At the beginning she is all crazy mad at her life and now she is a contented wife who wishes to nurse her husband after she literally screamed for divorce?

She is so random.

Hello everybody~

I am rather new to this thread and it has been a while since I joined any thread here in Soompi (last one was Bimil)

So again... hello!!!!

Btw, I only watch this drama for the sake of JiYi and ChungSoo... and can I say that YoonHa's mom is the most random character ever? At the beginning she is all crazy mad at her life and now she is a contented wife who wishes to nurse her husband after she literally screamed for divorce?

She is so random.

I agree but I feel like her sudden change attitude was because of her husband collapsing. Like she said in episode 13 to the mistress, "Whether or not he dies, at the end of the day I'm still going to be his wife and I'll have to be by his side (cant be bothered looking for the actual quote), which made her realise, even if I don't like YH and YW and favour the other son at the end of the day their her children. Whether they get a divorce or not, YH's mum still loves her dad. It's kind of the way JK described love to YH, "If you loved me then, then you have to love me now". There's a bit of similarity between YH and her mum and the way their characters are written.

:-) that's real life dear. Kdrama is different.  For every drama where the rich chaebol stays in his rich life there will be a happy ending drama. Or a sad ending drama.

For every chaebol who renounces his/her fortune there will be a happy poor hero. Or  an unhappy poor hero.

There are plenty of dramas where the main character pines forever and EVER once their love dies or marries. And then there is the other drama where the hero finds a 2nd love.

This story- CS is meant for JY. Or not.

Besides there are plenty of us who find Kdrama relaxing after a hard day's work or real life. 

:-) that's real life dear. Kdrama is different.  For every drama where the rich chaebol stays in his rich life there will be a happy ending drama. Or a sad ending drama.

For every chaebol who renounces his/her fortune there will be a happy poor hero. Or  an unhappy poor hero.

There are plenty of dramas where the main character pines forever and EVER once their love dies or marries. And then there is the other drama where the hero finds a 2nd love.

This story- CS is meant for JY. Or not.

Besides there are plenty of us who find Kdrama relaxing after a hard day's work or real life. 

the thing about kdrama heroes - they are what (many, not all) girls dream of. A crazy romantic nut chaebol.

HS, indulge me! Helps that the visual chemistry is crazy. Lol.

one more project together please.

HS ep. 14 has character, because it gives us the scenarios of mother and children relationship point of view.  Mothers alway think what is best for their children, it is given, but sometimes esp. in terms of children personal life what they thought beneficial and appropriate proves them otherwise.

Children may not understand their mother, but mothers understand their children. That kind of bond is lifetime and priceless.

ChangSo, man you made me cry today. How could a mother not give into this 
adorable, loving son! When you see and feel he is hurting, a mother is always a mother, it melts their heart when they see their children in misery mode. They would always do something to alleviate the pain, even if it against their will.

Kudos Park Hyung-sik!