Quantcast
RayAmbler7

Add and Subtract Game

Just now, sushilicious said:

I think @cenching you walk to a tea shop in Korea. Can I have Cha please. NokCha. Haha 

Pretty sure Nok Cha is green tea.

+2

Nope....:joy:....Che is green but Cha is Cha laaah.....:joy: Hokkien kak TeoChew tampok tampok sio jien lha...:joy:   Translated, Hokkien and TeoChew have some similarity....

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

@cenching @sushilicious

"nok cha" in Korean is green tea.  "cha" is tea, though the way the Koreans use it sometimes, it can also refer to just about any hot drink. So, for instance, you'll see someone ask if they want to come and drink some "cha", but then they serve a coffee instead.

1 hour ago, sushilicious said:

milk=GooYoo(it’s hokkien) it’s kinda similar...haha

In Korean, milk is "oo yoo".

So, is "Gong Joo" meaning princess in Korean also a Mandarin or Teochew word?

+2

• Like 1
  • Insightful 6

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, is "Gong Joo" meaning princess in Korean also a Mandarin or Teochew word?

Both in Teochew and Mandarin mean Princess, the same pronunciation different tones...

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, cenching said:

Both in Teochew and Mandarin mean Princess, the same pronunciation different tones...

I am sooo happy that neither Korean nor English are tonal languages. :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I am sooo happy that neither Korean nor English are tonal languages. :D

Actually there are so many words in Korean that I still need to clarify because of the tones.....I am watching TYH while taking notes but the sugar got me high and the fluff blinded and deafen me so I think I need to encore a complete episodes after it ends in order to lengthen my list....:joy:

Btw, did my small list is correct in Korean??

• LOL 6

Just now, cenching said:

Btw, did my small list is correct in Korean??

Yes. I might spell the consonants slightly differently, e.g. you wrote GamTong, and I would probably romanticize that word as GamDong, but the words are clearly recognizable. Good job!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Yes. I might spell the consonants slightly differently, e.g. you wrote GamTong, and I would probably romanticize that word as GamDong, but the words are clearly recognizable. Good job!

See, I am watching TYH for educational/literature purposes.....:joy:  #PattingMyselfAtTheBack

• LOL 7

4 minutes ago, cenching said:

See, I am watching TYH for educational/literature purposes.....:joy:  #PattingMyselfAtTheBack 

Hey! Many a fine member of this community has learned Korean via kdramas. It's entertaining and educational! :D #PattingCenchingOnTheBack

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

Whatever limited Korean words I recognize are also from drama watching. Lol 

My Korean friends are surprised sometimes. They’re like “how do you know?” :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

so just was reading the articles on the whole burning sun scandal and all the different fall outs and was wondering how messages from 2015-2016 came out now.... according to comments, it was a phone technician! apparently, there is some article that says someone's phone crashed and they sent it to be repaired and the person repairing the phone saw these messages, was shocked and tipped off a lawyer and reporter...

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@stroppyse At this point, I somewhat memorize the korean vowels. Like I could read the korean words on a label, but I just don’t know what it meant.:sweatingbullets: Unless is Konglish. Then I would be like “Ah Ha! Popcorn!” But I’m still learning though. Like I recently found out that... Gok Chang? Is intestine. Maybe Gok is Cow? Then Chang is intestines, so Cow Intestines? Er.... learning another language is hard....:sweatingbullets: 

+2

• Like 2
  • LOL 3