Quantcast
RayAmbler7

Add and Subtract Game

@mouse007

Yup, Park Bo Gum is sooooo cute and Dang!! that killer smile!!! That boy is soooo expressive...

The kissing scene where he smiles when he saw her close her eyes was.....:love:  I will make a gif if I have time...

+2

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

184  :sleeping:

Wheter they old or from same generation I will love a man who does not bring and add problems into my life. That’s enough. I am not liking younger man because Usually they will bring problems. 

• LOL 3

32 minutes ago, cenching said:

@mouse007

Yup, Park Bo Gum is sooooo cute and Dang!! that killer smile!!! That boy is soooo expressive...

The kissing scene where he smiles when he saw her close her eyes was.....:love:  I will make a gif if I have time...

@cenching I know!!! I love his smile! And he’s just so very expressive. Honestly how can you not fall for him. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

whereas with noona romances, the story always starts off with failing in her own age gap. no idea why it starts out that way. so the whole time, she is struggling with dating a younger man because he represents her failure in many ways.... so rather than romantic, it just comes across as depressing. there are folks who really love the noona romance but generally, it is not my cup of tea...

Had to think about this a bit, but I have to concur. A lot of kdramas do seem to present noona romances as the women having failed at successfully dating someone more appropriate. Though...

2 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Reminds me of another drama I really dislike and that makes my sisters go harsh on me. I'm ready for your scolding. ICHYV felt so odd aswell.

This reminds me that I Can Hear Your Voice wasn't really the woman having a failed romance. She was just too busy for romance, and even the maybe romance with a work colleague was more that she was thinking that she needed some protection against the murderous villain. This drama did deal with her feelings about the age difference, mostly because it is still the exception rather than the norm in society, but I didn't get the feeling that she was settling for a youngster because she couldn't cut it with men her own age.

Though, I do think that perhaps younger guys can be more interesting in that they might be more progressive versus older guys who may want a more traditional relationship. Sometimes, a woman can fight her own battles, but still want to come home to some loving when she's done. :D

2 hours ago, cenching said:

Actually my not so savory opinion about cougar-boytoy’s relationship only applies to drama or film because it doesn’t looks good at all while eye candy is very important part of my drama viewing. 

Fair enough. If the age disparity is evident to the eye in a film/drama, I can see how it might look jarring in terms of romance. However, for me, it depends on how well the actors can sell their attraction to each other as to whether I'm able to root for the romance or not.

Then again, I think this is true for any romance for me, that the actors have to be able to show me why I should be cheering their love on. If not, then I tend to switch off. My all time classic case for this may be Dr. Stranger. LJS was soooo good in it, and even conveyed how in love with his supposedly dead gf he was, but the female lead was just...flat is the nicest way I can put it. No age difference or anything, but I never bought the romance in that drama. The only thing that was good about that drama is that it was the first time I watched Park Hae Jin who was also too good for that drama.

+2

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@stroppyseDon't make me talk about ICHYV. Nothing good will come out of it. The drama is in my worst Top 5 list. But it addresses a problem that is undeniable for both within the relationship, that was present for me in every scene they did together. 

If you date an older woman as a guy, then you have to prevent making her feel that she is your mother. Guys normally have a very special relationship towards their mother and you don't want your "girlfriend" having the feeling that she just has a younger son instead of a grown up man aka boyfriend. Both visually and in regards of behavior.

So you have to be extra careful with everything, which puts a lot of strains towards the relationship. As soon as she begins to doubt that you are her boyfriend, things can go bad. 

And that was my main problem during ICHYV, whenever they were next to each other, it looked like a mom was next to her teenage son. They never felt couple-ish. Oh @triplem you remember my couple-ish rants? :D It's all coming back to me now, 

I can understand why younger guys can fall for older women and no, I won't quote an old german saying, that my grandpa always said to me and I was VERY disgusted every time. :D 

And good morning for real this time. Hope you have a great day and I don't know....what girls do in the US.......create....rainbows....and embrace the sun.....maybe hunt some.......bears...? Are there bears in california? And if there are.....would @phikylbe able to ride them?

• Like 6

@mouse007 well said, my friend. At the end of the day, I only want someone who makes me happy and relaxed. Someone who I can rely on. Someone who can tolerate me, because as @Dhakra I do tend to get aggressive sometimes. I think I should do meditation or something. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 4

@kokodusDid you......did you........did you just agree with something that I said?

Wow, what is happening today? First stroppyses babe, now sis agreeing with me. Today is a really good day!  

I guess dating someone who makes you happy und relaxed should be the a no brainer. That should be the base for every potential relationship. 

I need a source of energy, a shoulder I can lean on when having a bad day. Someone that can turn my brain off. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

@mouse007 well said, my friend. At the end of the day, I only want someone who makes me happy and relaxed. Someone who I can rely on. Someone who can tolerate me, because as @Dhakra I do tend to get aggressive sometimes. I think I should do meditation or something. Lol. 

@kokodus from what I can observe from your posts (in the short time I've been around compared to all of you here), you are definitely someone who can think for yourself and isn't afraid to voice your opinion or stand up for what you think is right. And you don't back down when you have a point to make. I don't know if that's necessarily called "aggression". To me, it's more like, you're assertive because you are confident in knowing who you are and are comfortable with it. I think it's great! And the more confident you are, the more likely you'll attract men who respect the kind of person you are. My sis-in-law is very assertive. She's the type who isn't afraid to get into a fistfight if needed (LOL) and her husband is the opposite. But he calms her down, takes care of her and is the shoulder she leans on when she needs it. I guess you could say that if she is fire, he can be like water who tempers her down when she needs calming and could also be wind that can bolster her fire when she needs encouragement. 

I'm quite opinionated as well. And don't even get me started when I'm angry because.. it's just bad. Hahaha!

@Dhakra you're getting a lot of love here today! LOL I am curious, of all the females in the dramas you've watched, is there one that comes closest to your ideal woman?

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

+2

36 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

you're getting a lot of love here today! LOL I am curious, of all the females in the dramas you've watched, is there one that comes closest to your ideal woman?

:D Yaaaa. :wub:

I guess the idea girl for me was Nam Ji-Hyun as Eung Bong-Hee in Suspicious Partner. She was too perfect though, which was the reason I dropped the drama mid-way, because she was so perfect, it hurt me to watch her. I could have written her any better, it was like somebody created the perfect girl out of my mind. 

She was so perfect, that I made a "relationship goals" gif. 

giphy.gif 

Spoiler

But there were other "ideal" girlfriends aswell, , Kyung Soo Jin as Ma Se-young in Plus Nine Boys was also the close to perfect.

I want also mention some of my second leads, which may not have been perfect, but would be great girlfriends aswell and I know @triplem will doubt my sanity now: KSJ as Shi-Ho from Fairy,  Hong Seo-Young as Yoo-Na from  Lover & his Liar and Han Sun-hwa as Ha Ji-Na.

All of them were pretty mean at the start and probably a "bad" second lead, but they would be all great girlfriends.

Ahh Radiant Office, the drama with one of my fav scenes.   

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Dhakra said:

Are there bears in california? And if there are.....would @phikylbe able to ride them?

Yes to the first. There's a reason there's a bear on the state flag. =p 

No to the second. Are you crazy?!?! :lol:

+2

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

@Dhakra I haven't seen Suspicious partner so I can't comment on the female lead's personality but after I've seen it, then I'll probably have a better idea of your "ideal" woman. LOL

But I can't believe you like women who have a bit of a "mean" streak! LOL or is it that tough exterior that you find attractive? :D

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

+2

@phikylDo I look like someone who knows how the californian state flag looks like? :D You sure? Did you ever try? I remember a time where each day you revealed a talent of yours. Iirc you are also a good mechanic! 

43 minutes ago, phikyl said:

Are you crazy?!?! :lol:

Am I? I guess every medical field has a different opinion about this one.  :D But imagine a squirrel taming phikyl riding a bear while flexing her gym-proofed muscles! AWESOME! :D 

@mouse007Honestly I can't really remember why exactly she was my ideal type, but I remember the whole thread here watching it and me revealing that I drop it, because EH was just THE perfect girl of of my imagination. I wanted to suppress it, because it was just to painful to "see" my perfect girl and not having any girl in the first place.

Kyung Soo Jin still is one of the most beautiful girls on this planet, so her role as SY in PNB was also perfect. Most of my gifs are of her during that role. And PNB is still my favorite drama of all time. She is a big reason why. She wasn't picture perfect as EH, but with a girl like her life would be double the fun. 

See, that's the difference, I don't see them having a "mean" streak. all of them had good reason to act. Well, probably not Ji-Na from Radiant Office, but Shi-Ho or Yoo-Na had good, understandable reason to act like this. If you love someone, sometimes you have to bent the rules or you do something weird or stupid. That's human.

I remember having so many discussions with @triplem about these topics during the drama. That was the time where we created our legacy. :D 

I think it's attractive if a girl fights for their man and do something to excel or outrival competition. Even if they do something not so nice. Love is War after all. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

+2

what number is this actually? :huh:

• Like 4