Kaizen68

[ Drama 2017] Saimdang, Light's Diary 사임당, 빛의 일기 (Lee Young Ae, Song Seung Hun)

1,843 posts in this topic

Posted

@gerrytan8063 I did not realise historically, they did meet before his passing, which makes their enforced separation all the more poignant and tragic. Seeing you find Seven Day Queen a better representation of them, I might try it once things settle down, having a soft spot as I do for Queen Dangnyeong, thanks to Saimdang.

@mabelialong Oh, do continue to watch if you are so inclined. It is the only other drama that prompted me to read the novel after watching (the first being 步步驚心 Bu Bu Jing Xin) and I truly love it, faults notwithstanding.

Posted

@liddi

"I did not realise historically, they did meet before his passing, which makes their enforced separation all the more poignant and tragic. Seeing you find Seven Day Queen a better representation of them, I might try it once things settle down, having a soft spot as I do for Queen Dangnyeong, thanks to Saimdang."

In the drama, they make into a love story....Queen Dangyeong was first & foremost Grand Prince Jinseong later Jungjong's wife then Queen Consort while others who come or succeed after her was just Queen Consort & political alliance

35540499946_dc6dce6afc_n.jpg

In the annals, Queen Dangyeong visit Jungjong at Hwan Gyeong Jeon (환경전, 歡慶殿, was made into a private hospital ward where Dae Jang Geum was the physician in charge), Changdeokgung Palace on the 15th November 1544 as Jungjong already abdicated his throne to Crown Prince Yi Ho later Injong on the 14th November 1544 & Jungjong passed away 29th November 1544

I have written the historical post on the thread, you may read through when you free. Just a summary

Injong acknowledge Queen Dangyeong in his reign as his father's Consort & wife is that his mother Queen Janggyeong became Queen on Queen Dangyeong's misfortunes. In the 1st year reign of Injong & also Queen Janggyeong's son in 1545, Injong upgrade & investiture Queen Dangyeong at the aged of 59, residence from Pyebigung (폐비궁,廢妃宮) to a more appropriate Jasugung (자수궁,慈壽宮 literally means Palace of Compassionate Longevity since Injong is the succeeding King & technically not officially but on relationship ties, Queen Dangyeong will be have Dowager status in his reign being the Consort of his father Jungjong (she is deposed not divorce)

When she died in 1557 at the aged of 71 years, she was befitted by Myeongjong with the funeral rites of 2nd rank (이등례,二等禮) which is investiture to Princedom & title as Queen Shin ( 신비,愼妃) & wore mourning clothes as a sign of respect

Official memorial rites were render to her after her passing. In 1739, Yeongjo restore her Queenship & the investiture title/temple name as Queen Dangyeong (단경왕후,端敬王后) with the additional posthumous title (시호,諡號) Gong So Sun Yeol (공소순열,恭昭順烈). Yeongjo also restore Queen Dangyeong parents, her father with the Princedom title of Internal Prince Ik Chang Buwongun (익창 부원군,益昌府院君, investiture title bestowed to Queen Consort's father), while her mother Internal Princess Consort Cheong Won (청원부부인, 淸原府夫人, investiture title bestowed to Queen Consort's mother). Her tomb was upgraded to the Royal Tomb Olleung (온릉,溫陵). Her memorial tablet is enshrine in Jongmyo (Royal Shrine,종묘,宗廟) in 1739. 

Later in 20th February 1799, 23rd year of Jeongjo, reiterate Queen Dangyeong investiture as Immortal Queen (Seong Hu,성후,聖后) by commemorating her 300 years wedding ceremony & marriage to Jungjong by honouring her with the investiture title of 溫陵聖后 (온릉성후)

2 people like this

Posted

On 24/07/2017 at 11:05 PM, liddi said:

Meanwhile, has Saimdang started its broadcast in the Philippines?

Not yet; not sure when SLD will be broadcast by GMA 7.

GMA7 bought a lot of Korean dramas for 2017, with only about 3 being historical dramas (Scarlet Heart, Mirror of the Witch, and SLD). "Scarlet Heart" was shown more than a month or two ago, and "Mirror of the Witch" is currently being broadcast.

Several years ago, GMA7 re-broadcast "A Jewel in the Palace" (for the 3rd time) after "My Love from the Star" became a hit here in the Philippines. GMA7 is currently broadcasting a Filipino remake of "My Love from the Star" and so I'm thinking that maybe GMA 7 will broadcast SLD after this local remake or "Mirror of the Witch" have finished airing.

On 25/07/2017 at 1:37 AM, mabelialong said:

actually i'm not watching this drama fully just yet,,,, it just that it's easy to find beautiful pic of this drama that's why i made the calendar.

1. So you can better appreciate SLD, please read my spoiler-free synopsis by episode:

SBS version synopsis at https://campusconnection.blogspot.com/2017/01/saimdang-lights-diary-synopsis-by-episode.html

International version synopsis at https://betterenglish-rx.blogspot.com/2017/05/saimdang-lights-diary-synopsis-plain-english.html

2. I'd like to place in my synopsis links to your SLD calendars; besides this page, where else can we find your calendars?