Quantcast
leahjaeeunlee

What would you tell your 16 year old self?

I probably told myself to rebel a little and hang out with friends more often because I have such over protective parents. But looking back, I do see myself mature by a little from spending more time with my family rather than going out partying. Life has its up and down and I just have to deal with it.

• Like 1

don't mind other people business.

start to learning writing because you have the talent for it, you regret it greatly because you realized it too late.

• Like 1

Don't worry about it. You will meet the love of your life in 2016. :wub: Remember not to annoy him though. He's a Gemini. lol 

• Like 2

I'd tell myself stop being so shy. You're young only once- start living your life..people aren't any better than you! They are just as shy or anxious as you they just express it differently. 

Really, you should have lived life back then before work took over your life and gaining weight by just looking at food. If only you knew how skinny you were back then... 

Now, if I think of 53kg I laugh and keep eating, lol. 

• Like 1

"It's okay, the pain and the anger will go... it's normal to experience it at your age, do not gow up too quickly, don't worry you will find love and most of all, keep fighting for a better life and a better world"

being 16 was so tiring...

• Like 1

Don't be late to show your love, they will be gone immediately. Spend more time with your mother, keep your father with your own eyes so he wouldn't get lost, and right in your 20 just run to your love of life don't waste any seconds of it.

• Like 1

stop to study too much and find at least 10 boyfriends so you have more options

NEVER, EVER, EVER LEAVE HOME AND STUDY ABROAD. You were unhappy but being unhappy isn't severe depression. You were happy and peaceful mostly. You weren't unhappy all the times anyway. You never even know what an actual depression is before you came here. Now, you're trapped. Now, you're depending your whole mental state, your life on a drama. You have forgotten how pure happiness feels like. Now, you aren't living anymore. You're just surviving.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I'd tell myself that everything will work out relationship wise--that there are plenty of other fish in the sea and if he was too afraid to ask and too impatient to wait, then obviously he wasn't the one for you. I'd also tell myself that going to a private university all by myself in 2 years without any friends might've seem like a great way to escape all the senior year drama but not the best idea in the long run. 

• Like 1

If I were to give my 16 year old self advice, I'd say: 

Don't stress over how others think of you.  Focus on yourself and work on building YOU.  You are unique and should not compare yourself to anyone else but you.  Relax a little and focus on what matters most.  Cherish every moment and make them count. 

Be less shy. Make more friends. Go out more. Talk more... Everyone makes mistakes.