Quantcast
snow_angel

What Japanese drama are you currently watching?

Posted (edited)

It's been a while since I watched any jdramas but I just finished episode 1 of Good Doctor, and really liked it. Kento is doing a great job. I love the original kdrama, so I thought I would have problems comparing it but didn't compare it all. 

I also checked out Sachiiro No One Room that has a very questionable premise but I like it too. It's one of those stories that sound so wrong but it just feels right. I can't wait to see what happens next.

@snow_angel Did you like Gakeppuchi Hotel? I've been wanting to watch it but it was one of those Spring Dramas that didn't get subbed right away.  

Edited by evie7
  • Like 1

@evie7  hello my dorama friend and same as you of course I'm currently watching this.

Gosh, the amount of Japanese medical dramas I watch.. after Code Blue, Unnatural, Black Pean, now it's this  version of The Good Doctor. Kento Yamazaki is one talented actor.  If you watch his movies more than his dramas, you'll see what I mean.

1ajs5NPS?format=jpg&name=600x314

I love the cast too! very sold old school actors.

Btw, debating whether to watch Genkai- Danchi.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jongski said:

Btw, debating whether to watch Genkai- Danchi.

I want to watch this one too. It sounds intriguing, looks a little dark, I may pick it up next weekend when one of my kdramas end.  I have missed my Jdramas, I'm happy a few I wanted to watch this Spring now have subs.:D 

• Like 1

@evie7 at the moment about to watch  sachiiro-no-one-room. I  thought..oh I remember seeing this title. So I went here. I knew it it's from your post :)

OT:

Meanwhile These dramas they just go round and around  from jdrama to kdrama to cdrama to twdrama they make versions of each of  shows from one another esp kdrama  version of jdrama and vice versa.  And next thing you know we'll Ryusei Wagon kdrama version. knowing penchant of kdrama world for fantasy ones.  :D

• Haha 1

Wow that's some crazy abusive parents. The mother treating sachi like some kind of dog! - slashing of face with glass shard, throwing dish on the floor and she had to picked up with her hands. No wonder she's like to run away with obsessed young kidnapper. I found out it's manga actually but haven't read it..

For Good Doctor. I've never seen the kdrama original.

On 7/14/2018 at 11:14 PM, evie7 said:

It's been a while since I watched any jdramas but I just finished episode 1 of Good Doctor, and really liked it. Kento is doing a great job. I love the original kdrama, so I thought I would have problems comparing it but didn't compare it all. 

I also checked out Sachiiro No One Room that has a very questionable premise but I like it too. It's one of those stories that sound so wrong but it just feels right. I can't wait to see what happens next.

@snow_angel Did you like Gakeppuchi Hotel? I've been wanting to watch it but it was one of those Spring Dramas that didn't get subbed right away.  

Yes, I like Gakeppuchi Hotel. Episode 6 is already subbed.