Jump to content
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Recommended Posts

totally love Jang Nara and Jang Hyuk. but I fear for the first male lead character.
In TW version, Ji Cun Xi was a total jerk, childish, pompous, mean bastard but we tend to forgive him and let it slide because he was still young, immature and just about to learn about life from Xin Yi and her family. He then changed to be a better man in second half of the series.  So how can a character pushing 40 (Jang Hyuk) pull off all this? Ethan Ruan pulled it off brilliantly and he was 26, just the right age boy turning into man when all can be forgiven :P .
but korean version might change a bit.. so yeah.. i'll keep tab because did i mention i love Jang Hyuk ang Jang Nara? 
ps: Fated to Love You IS brilliant. Not just because of its ridiculous mega ratings but how it affects millions around the world. Wall Street Journal wrote about it once. I guess if you are used to the language and culture you tend to understand it better and love it more.  I remember being part of the craze in 2008 and it was a lot of fun.. all the laughs and tears.. i still rewatch it from time to time and it still gives me the same effect like it did 6 years ago.. we are soo gonna experience second lead syndrome because the second male character is an angel  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Popping by because i think JH and CJH are great at what they do. But I just read the plot summary for the Taiwanese version..... And omg. I don't know if I can take another second lead syndrome thing. Seriously. :-S it is NOT good for the heart!

@Miky88‌ yes I share your same hope too - that they give it an update, and make the characters their own. I was a bit disappointed with the movie remake Cold Eyes because they used such similar characters it was hard not to compare. I mean, simon Yam was great. Hard to beat him. But Jung Woo Sung was flipping awesome. Totally owned it. I hope JH and CJH will be able to own the characters here too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter what...I'll support Jinhyuk's decision to play second lead...alright. Bring it on drama~! Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yi0481 said: Popping by because i think JH and CJH are great at what they do. But I just read the plot summary for the Taiwanese version..... And omg. I don't know if I can take another second lead syndrome thing. Seriously. :-S it is NOT good for the heart!

@Miky88‌ yes I share your same hope too - that they give it an update, and make the characters their own. I was a bit disappointed with the movie remake Cold Eyes because they used such similar characters it was hard not to compare. I mean, simon Yam was great. Hard to beat him. But Jung Woo Sung was flipping awesome. Totally owned it. I hope JH and CJH will be able to own the characters here too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Yi0481 said: Popping by because i think JH and CJH are great at what they do. But I just read the plot summary for the Taiwanese version..... And omg. I don't know if I can take another second lead syndrome thing. Seriously. :-S it is NOT good for the heart! 

 I hope JH and CJH will be able to own the characters here too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So glad to hear more news and the reopening of the thread. Excited to see Jang Jang couple plus CJH. Hopefully we'll hear news of 2nd female lead soon.

Filming for the drama is supposed to start in May so only a couple of weeks left. Hoping for lots of updates from MBC by then.

@mdolphins‌ don't worry..Hyukie (Jang) is used to working with actors taller than him (such as Oh Ji Ho in chuno) and still able to show his charisma with no problem. Nara too has had tall costars in the past (choi daniel, ryu jin) and they didn't look awkward at all.

@Yeekrfan2‌ ah those screen caps bring back good memories of Ki Tae and Yang Soon. The Jang Jang couple were so cute then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


fiovial said: So glad to hear more news and the reopening of the thread. Excited to see Jang Jang couple plus CJH. Hopefully we'll hear news of 2nd female lead soon. Filming for the drama is supposed to start in May so only a couple of weeks left. Hoping for lots of updates from MBC by then. @mdolphins‌ don't worry..Hyukie (Jang) is used to working with actors taller than him (such as Oh Ji Ho in chuno) and still able to show his charisma with no problem. Nara too has had tall costars in the past (choi daniel, ryu jin) and they didn't look awkward at all. @Yeekrfan2‌ ah those screen caps bring back good memories of Ki Tae and Yang Soon. The Jang Jang couple were so cute then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Article from Stuckonhyuk that explain more about OTP character
class="entry-title" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border: 0px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 8px; vertical-align: baseline; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 20px; line-height: 24px;"Confirmed: Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara will star in Fated to love you remakePosted on April 2, 2014 by Drama Fan | 19 Comments      3 Votes


20140402-212100.jpg

It is confirmed. Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara will be the leads in the upcoming remake of taiwanese drama Fated to love you. Here is some information from different publications

Plot: An ordinary woman happens to spend one night with the successor of a large company. She finds herself being pregnant…..

Characters: Lee Geon (Jang Hyuk) is described as a “surreal perfect guy” who gets his position of successor of his family’s company threatened, due to the fact that he has no children and it doesn’t look like he will have any soon. He is pretty sassy and direct when he speaks but has a warm heart (I also read, straightforward but kind) He is the 9th generation son of a rich family. Guys in his family tend to die young, so he is pressured to get married and have a kid soon by his grandma and his entire family.

Kim Mi Young (Jang Nara) is a plain girl who lacks charm, lacks a lover, lacks money. She will receive a fancy travel ticket by chance and get involved in a mischievous fate.

It will be broascasted on MBC after A New Leaf

Team involved:
PD: Lee Dong Yoon (Queen’s Classroom, The Greatest Love)
Writers: Joo Chan Ok and Choi Jin Gook (Soulmate, Hello Francheska)

Sources
Korean
http://news.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=20140403000128&md=20140403082212_BC

Korean
http://www.stardailynews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=31696

English
http://asianwiki.com/Fated_To_Love_You_(Korean_Drama)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm waiting patiently to see this upcoming drama with JH and JNR along with the rest of the cast in which I will be looking forward to coming back here to this thread for complete updates as well..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am unsure if I will watch this Drama, but if I do I hope they make some signifcant changes to the characters. Ethan's character was a horrible, self-centred bully right up until the last couple of episodes, and Chen Qiao En's character was far too passive and enabling. I had to grit my teeth to get through that Drama and was disappointed at the near total lack of character growth for the male lead, while the female lead didn't fare much better. Even after her sojourn in Shanghai, she was still apologising to the bully who ruined her life. 
For all those reasons, I am going to hope that the K Drama remake is actually BETTER than the original.  Witch's Love, the remake of My Queen  has shown the benefit of the much shorter run time, the need to cut ten hours from the overall run time is already giving us a much snappier pace, while keeping the spirit of the Drama so far. So I hope that this version gives us a female lead with more independence and assertiveness, and a male lead who's at least slightly less regressive and chauvinist and who actually develops into more of a like human being than the lead in the original. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yoeda said: Article from Stuckonhyuk that explain more about OTP character
class="entry-title" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border: 0px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 8px; vertical-align: baseline; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 20px; line-height: 24px;"Characters: Lee Geon (Jang Hyuk) is described as a “surreal perfect guy” who gets his position of successor of his family’s company threatened, due to the fact that he has no children and it doesn’t look like he will have any soon. He is pretty sassy and direct when he speaks but has a warm heart (I also read, straightforward but kind) He is the 9th generation son of a rich family. Guys in his family tend to die young, so he is pressured to get married and have a kid soon by his grandma and his entire family.

Kim Mi Young (Jang Nara) is a plain girl who lacks charm, lacks a lover, lacks money. She will receive a fancy travel ticket by chance and get involved in a mischievous fate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why? Why? Why?Why are they demoting CJH second lead when he just came from being a lead in Emergency Couple? -.-I hope he's not confirmed for this. Hehe.
I love FTLY! I hope jang couple lives up to the orig.But.. but.. I was hoping for a younger actor to play the role.No offense to Jang Hyuk (I love him in his movies) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Narda It's quite common for actors or actresses to take a secondary role after a leading role. A couple examples -- Yoon Kye Sang (after lead role in Who Are You he took on supporting role in Triple, Road No 1 and The Greatest Love), Yoo In Na (after Queen In Hyun's Man she took on 2nd lead in You're The Best Lee Soon Shin and My Love From The Star). It's not necessarily a bad move for CJH to go from a lead role in a cable drama to a 2nd lead in an MBC drama.
I won't worry about the ages either. I'm sure the characters in this drama are aged up compared to the Taiwanese version. I'm thinking late 30s for Lee Geon (Jang Hyuk), early/mid 30s for Kim Mi Young (Jang Na Ra) and early/mid 30s for Choi Jin Hyuk's character.
I'm not that good in making posters but here are two posters that I made anyway hehehesvstfN5.jpg
ml50oOx.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Narda said: Why? Why? Why?Why are they demoting CJH second lead when he just came from being a lead in Emergency Couple? -.-I hope he's not confirmed for this. Hehe.
I love FTLY! I hope jang couple lives up to the orig.But.. but.. I was hoping for a younger actor to play the role.No offense to Jang Hyuk (I love him in his movies) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@anopinion like that name you use, "Jjang Couple". kkkkk. being waiting 12 years for their reunion and JH comming back to rom-com also after 12 years. like you, i hope this will do well too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fiovial

said:

yoeda

said: Article from Stuckonhyuk that explain more about OTP character


class="entry-title" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); border: 0px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 8px; vertical-align: baseline; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 20px; line-height: 24px;"Characters: Lee Geon (Jang Hyuk) is described as a “surreal perfect guy” who gets his position of successor of his family’s company threatened, due to the fact that he has no children and it doesn’t look like he will have any soon. He is pretty sassy and direct when he speaks but has a warm heart (I also read, straightforward but kind) He is the 9th generation son of a rich family. Guys in his family tend to die young, so he is pressured to get married and have a kid soon by his grandma and his entire family.

Kim Mi Young (Jang Nara) is a plain girl who lacks charm, lacks a lover, lacks money. She will receive a fancy travel ticket by chance and get involved in a mischievous fate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeaay...one of my fav. actress will be back on dramaland. I also like Jang Hyuk as Jang Nara's partner. Definitely will be on my drama list! Cant hardly wait to watch the drama ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@"Cielo Azul"‌ my bad ....I never watched the taiwanese version so thank you for correcting my assumption :) . I hope the drama keeps the whole dying young thing since it might be interesting.

More casting news...on my phone right now..hopefully someone else can post the pic and article from this link

http://m.media.daum.net/m/entertain/newsview/20140424091804852

Basically Jung Eun-pyo has been cast in the drama. His role is described as the cupid to Jjang couple. He will play the role of Nara's family member and one that supports the couple. The role is a comedic role.

Park Won-sook has been cast as Hyuk mom and Song Ok-sook has been cast as Nara's mom.

Seems like a bit different from the tw family description? I read that in the tw version the male lead has no parents?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×