Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

babyviolets

[Movie 2014] My Love My Bride 나의 사랑, 나의 신부 (starring Jo Jung Suk & Shin Min Ah) - 08/10/14

MY LOVE, MY BRIDE  (나의 사랑, 나의 신부)image

TITLE: My Love My BrideHANGUL:  나의 사랑 나의 신부REVISED ROMANIZATION: Naui Sarang Naui ShinbooDIRECTED BY: Lim Chan SangSTARRING: 

• Jo Jung-suk as Young-min
  • Shin Min-ah as Mi-young
  • Yoon Jung-hee as Seung-hee
  • Bae Seong-woo as Dal-soo
  • Ra Mi-ran as Madam
  • Jeon Moo-song as Pan Hae-il
  • Lee Si-eon as Ki-tae
  • Ko Gyu-pil as Jeong-jin
  • Seo Kang-joon as Joon-soo
  • Hwang Jeong-min
  • Seo Shin-ae as Jae-kyung
  • Yoo Ha-joon as Choi Seong-woo

GENRE: RomcomRELEASE DATE: October 8, 2014
    Synopsis: 
    Young-min and Mi-young are a young couple who get married after graduating from college. Following the honeymoon period, they begin to bicker with each other. While waiting for her husband at a café one day, Mi-young bumps into her ex-boss. Young-min sees this and gets the wrong idea. As they struggle to make their marriage work, Young-min and Mi-young gradually understand what love really is.

A remake of the 1990 film of the same title. 
    WIkiTrivia
    My Love, My Bride was released on October 8, 2014. It drew 787,535 admissions after five days in theaters, making it the first romantic comedy to rank number one at the South Korean box office for 2014.[7] The film topped the box office for two consecutive weeks, earning ₩11.3 billion (US$10.6 million) from 1.44 million admissions.[8] It reached 2 million admissions on its fourth week.[9]

synopsis cr. rotten tomatoes and wikipediaphto cr: soompi

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"Jo Jung Suk and Shin Min Ah Reviewing Lead Roles for Film “My Love, My Bride”crystalcove October 28, 2013 Jo Jung Suk and Shin Min Ah Reviewing Lead Roles for Film “My Love, My Bride”

Actors Jo Jung Suk and Shin Min Ah have been named the top contenders for the leading roles in the upcoming movie “My Love, My Bride.” This movie will be a remake of the 1990 film of the same name, which was directed by Lee Myung Se and starred Park Joong Hoon and the late Choi Jin Shil. “My Love, My Bride” was a romantic-comedy about two college sweethearts who enter marriage naively believing that their love will last unchanged forever. The film followed the couple as they experienced and learned the up and downs of married life. The director up for this remake is reported to be Im Chan Sang.

Shin Min Ah’s agency stated the actress is positively reviewing the film among other projects. Jo Jung Suk’s agency announced that the actor is looking into several films and dramas to take on after he wraps up his current movie in the works, “The King’s Wrath,” which also stars Hyun Bin. The filming for “The King’s Wrath” is expected to finish in January of next year. 

What do you think of this possible pairing?

cr Soompi

Shin Mina and Jo Jung-seok cast as newlywedsby girlfriday | October 28, 2013 | 48 Comments

ShinMina_JoJungSeok1.jpg

Wouldn’t they make an adorable couple? It’s still unconfirmed, but Shin Mina (Arang and the Magistrate) and Jo Jung-seok (You’re the Best, Lee Soon-shin) might be headed down the aisle… for a movie, that is. They’re being courted to headline a remake of the 1990 film My Love, My Bride, the modern trendy rom-com that starred Choi Jin-shil and Park Joong-hoon as a pair of bickering newlyweds.

The remake will be directed by The President’s Barber’s Im Chan-sang, and will be rewritten to a present-day setting to keep it in line with the very of-the-times feel of the original. I wouldn’t mind a throwback version as a straight remake either, but I suppose this fits the bill better. The story follows the romance of college sweethearts who fall in love, get hitched, and then learn that there’s a lot more to this happily ever after business than advertised.

It’s about all the petty jealousies, fights, regrets at past loves gone unfulfilled, and struggles with chasing or losing your dream, all in the name of love. It’s described as a story about two people who constantly say the words “I love you,” but find out they’re far from knowing what their daily declaration to one another really means. I can see these two being endearing no matter how much they fight, so it should be a great match-up.

The casting stories give varying accounts of how done or not done the deal is, but with Shin Mina just wrapping her movie with Park Hae-il and Jo Jung-seok in shoots now for his movie with Hyun Bin, I don’t think they’d be crazy for taking a break. Or five.

My Love, My Bride hopes to finalize casting and start shooting by the end of the year.

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; clear: both; word-wrap: break-word;"

cr dramabeans

Waah, I'm really looking forward to this!

My love for JJS is obviously endless anyway, and I also loooooove Shin Minah! :x

And since I'm not a JoU fanatic, I wouldn't mind some steamy bed scenes at all xD

kujaichi said: Waah, I'm really looking forward to this! My love for JJS is obviously endless anyway, and I also loooooove Shin Minah! :x And since I'm not a JoU fanatic, I wouldn't mind some steamy bed scenes at all xD

come to think about it, their side profile looks well-matched
shin-min-ah-18.jpg
tumblr_m4s3jl8z5R1qf00r3o1_500.jpg

I think they should be able to portray a sweet newly-married life...
:(( :(( :((

Even if I wasn't a JoU fanatic, I would still be bothered by the bed scenes...I don't think I can take seeing him getting on with someone else other than me

Oh, my poor fangirl heart...ottokeeeeee???? :(( :(( :((

Yeah, but since that will never happen (I'm not THAT delusional :)) ), I'm happy for every peek I can sneak, kekeke *just cements her status as a pervert further*

And let's be honest, it won't be anything too shocking anyway ( I mean after all it's no 19+ movie), so calm down, violet's poor fangirl heart ;)

@akinahana89" @babyviolets" and @everyone..

Yayyyy" Alright count me in even though i have enough on my plate this is a MUST SEE :)>-

Annyeong @suchadiva42! I'm seeing you everywhere these days. :P

Well.... From a Joie perspective, I think this will be a great project for JJS. From a non-fan of SMA, I hope she improves her acting for this role. From a JoU perspective... PLEASE NOT TOO MANY KISS AND BED SCENES, JEBAAAAAL!!

LOL

Hm, after watching a bit of the videos now... Does that mean they'll also wear glasses?
Please wear glasses...!! :x :x :x

kujaichi said: Hm, after watching a bit of the videos now... Does that mean they'll also wear glasses?
Please wear glasses...!! :x :x :x JJS in glasses..... Kyaaaaa! :x :x :x

Yeah, but since that will never happen (I'm not THAT delusional :)) ), I'm happy for every peek I can sneak, kekeke *just cements her status as a pervert further*

And let's be honest, it won't be anything too shocking anyway ( I mean after all it's no 19+ movie), so calm down, violet's poor fangirl heart ;)

=====

Speaking of which,do you think then that we would finally be able to witness in the movie the naebdukki kiss in its full glory?kkk

Yeah, I just killed myself!kkk

Annyeong @suchadiva42! I'm seeing you everywhere these days.

:P

Well.... From a Joie perspective, I think this will be a great project for JJS. From a non-fan of SMA, I hope she improves her acting for this role. From a JoU perspective... PLEASE NOT TOO MANY KISS AND BED SCENES, JEBAAAAAL!!

LOL

Why @akinahana89, when I say no to bed scenes, I meant that as a joie and not a jou shipper!wahahaha

Oh, and where are my manners...

Welcome @akinahana89 @kujaichi and @suchadiva to this thread. Thanks for keeping me company here! >:D<

And to @dekka @smmr and unni @yoeda, stop hiding under your stamps and come out here!lol

Just kidding! :)>-

There's nothing to comment violets. if i do, you said i'm nagging. :P

babyviolets said:  Speaking of which,do you think then that we would finally be able to witness in the movie the naebdukki kiss in its full glory?kkk Yeah, I just killed myself!kkk You just killed us all...

cockroach-killer-pink-mouse-emoticon.gif