Quantcast
safiresea

DAESANG COUPLE 2014: Jun Ji Hyun/Cheon Song Yi/Yenicall ♥ Kim Soo Hyun/Do Min Joon/Zampano

Cheon Song Yi Twitter update :) 안되겠어. 나한테 15초만 줘. 내 별명이 15초의 요정이야. 15초짜리 광고만으로 사람들을 그냥 확 다 사로잡거든. 그러니까 나한테 15초만 줘봐. 15초 후에도 여전히 내가 도자기고. 강아지고. 나무면. 내가 인정할게. 나 무매력이라는 거.

Jéssica De Freitas Maciel said: Can someone translate her twitter update? i don't understand a single word lols xD
This is probably not an accurate translation(Google can only help me so far), but it's her 15 Second Fairy speech from episode 8I can not do this. Give me 15 seconds. My nickname is a 15 second fairy. Just 15 seconds to check the ad only captivate people geodeun. Give me 15 seconds, I mean. Ceramics and I still have 15 seconds. Dog smiling. Wood surface. I admit it. Nothing that I'm attractive.

Big fan of KSH/JJH! 
Got a few questions: 

1. Are metas really common in kdramas, or is YWCFTS just happened to be particularly loaded with them? 

2. In the history of Korean entertainment/cinema/television culture, if an on-screen couple (KSH/JJH) with a high level of caliber, chemistry, and past collaborative success (The Thieves) are starting to work together more and more, is this a good sign/indication of more future collaborations? I'd just like to know if YWCFTS marks the beginning of many more wonderful years and great works between KSH and JJH. For those who are knowledgeable about Korean cinema/television's tradition/culture, is this a likely possibility? Meaning...is this what's happening right now with KSH and JJH? 

3. I've noticed how realistic YWCFTS is to real life. I'm curious to know how much of Cheong Song Yi and Lee Whi-Kyung's background/history/story in the drama is made up, and how much of it is actually based on JJH's life with her husband? Have JJH and her husband known each other for 15 years, like Cheong Song Yi/Lee Hwi-Kyung have? Did they go to the same school growing up? Is her husband in a chaebol family? Is her husband a powerful and somewhat famous businessman in Korea? 

4. I'm an American, so I'm unfamiliar with Korean society and culture, so my last question is about what the current social attitude/social norm/opinion in Korea is regarding marriage. I forgot where I read or heard this, but I recall JJH mentioning "marrying up" (meaning marrying upwards on the social ladder) in regards to her marriage with her husband. Her husband is rich, powerful, and somewhat famous in the Korean business world. Please don't misunderstand! ---I'm sure they love each other, and that he is a great person. As she is a great person. I mean no disrespect. 
I'm just simply curious about Korean culture/society. Is marrying up a very important thing in Korean culture? Is it especially important for famous people (like JJH)? If she had chosen to marry someone less...how should I put this...less big (in terms of money, fame, connections, etc.), would this have been considered a no-no? Would she never have even considered looking for someone...more ordinary/average? 
Or did her husband in real life just so happen (either by chance or by fate, but definitely not by design/not intentional) to be rich, powerful, influential, and somewhat famous? 

----- No disrespect whatsoever to any of the actors and their loved ones, nor any disrespect whatsoever to any of the characters in this wonderful drama. I'm just a new Kdrama fan, a new fan to South Korea overall basically, and I'm just simply curious about Korean culture/society. 
Thanks, looking forward to everyone's response!!

• Like 1

A lot of people are saying that after You Who Came From the Stars, Kim Soo Hyun and Jeon Ji Hyun won't do another movie or tv drama together again EVER.

What do you guys think?

A lot of people are saying that after You Who Came From the Stars, Kim Soo Hyun and Jeon Ji Hyun won't do another movie or tv drama together again EVER.

What do you guys think?

I think so as it's rare for korean actors (female and male lead) to reunite in another project. JJH and KSH reunion in YWCFTS after the thieves was like a miracle, lol, but who knows maybe it's not too impossible. Let's just hope they will be together in other project because their chemistry is just soooo good :x

• Like 1

lisagi said:

What do you guys think?
I think so as it's rare for korean actors (female and male lead) to reunite in another project. JJH and KSH reunion in YWCFTS after the thieves was like a miracle, lol, but who knows maybe it's not too impossible. Let's just hope they will be together in other project because their chemistry is just soooo good :x Jun Ji Hyun took on this project as a favor to Kim Soo Hyun. He was cast first & as we know, she hasn't done a drama in 14 years, so she wasn't trying to do another one. KSH liked working with her in The Thieves and asked her to be in it and she agreed. They have amazing chemistry and I guess he wanted to work with her again or thought she was the only one to truly bring Cheon Song Yi to life. 

@MayS sorry fell asleep early last night so was not able to translate the article in time. In any case, here is the article roughly translated.

'You Who Came From the Stars' with many interesting double meaning scenes hint at the ending.

rjJxdXO.jpg

What do you guys think?

unreasonable

Since there's no Zampano-Yenicall thread, I'll just post this here. It's the same set of people anw. :)
Happy Valentines Day everyone!
Love to all! :x
BgXhKmzCMAAFOQr.jpg:large

Happy Sunday with MJ - SY

cr: 서쪽하늘에9 @ DC / Jung YuRi

jilc.jpg

0b5b.jpg

wk3z.jpg

8egn.jpg
Always keep smilling together, HAPPY ENDING jebal !!!!
  • Like 1

I hope they'll get more pjs together in the future.
I don't think YWCFTS is the last pj they did together.
I love their chemistry n performances.