Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SongMira

[Movie 2015] Gangnam1970 /강남 1970(New Trailer p17)

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.4em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; text-align: center; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"ibd7IfpYpyK1X4.jpg

Gangnam BluesinnOkRSB8IGl9.jpg

Plot

In the 1970s, during the height of political corruption, Gangnam, the southern part of Seoul is starting to be transformed into a developed area. Childhood friends Jong-dae and Yong-ki struggle to get by, until their shanty homes are demolished by local thugs. Desperate for cash, they get involved in violent political clashes, and are separated during one of the skirmishes. Three years later, Jong-dae lives as an honest man with former gang leader Kil-su. Meanwhile, Yong-ki has joined Seoul's most powerful criminal organization, the Myeongdong-pa. As a gangster, Yong-ki is entangled in a high-stakes battle over land in Gangnam, all in the name of putting together secret presidential election funds that drive up the value of the city. As the gangs fight over the rights to various plots of land, Yong-ki is captured and interrogated by a rival gang.

iHq14V8G3gijm.jpg

Cast

Lee Min-ho as Kim Jong-dae

Kim Rae-won as Yong-ki

Kim Ji-soo as Min Seong-hee

Kim Seolhyun as Kim Sun-hye

Jung Jin Young as Gil Soo

Kwak Min-ho as Min-kyu

Lee Yeon-doo as Joo So-jeong

Yoo Seung-mok as Seo Tae-gon

Choi Jin-ho as Park Seung-gu

Han Jae-young

Gangnam_Blues-001.jpeg

Press Conferance

B4nun3ICUAINkv5.jpg
B4nuOBLCIAAUZYb.jpg201412121128774266_548a531555f74.jpg
B4n9XbpCIAAbduO.jpg
B4n9BiDCIAEqN7h.jpg
10848052_760026320741147_323521850182360B4n_5UVCAAAQNEA.jpg
B4oAWLFCQAAqjx4.jpgB4oHwpjCYAEgstr.jpg
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-align: center; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; overflow: hidden; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Trailer 1http://youtu.be/v5AxjixRG7E
Trailer 2

Filming began on April 16, 2014 and wrapped on August 31, 2014.

And was released in January 21, 2015.

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lee Min Ho Confirms His Next Project: Lead Role in New Film “Gangnam Blues”Lee-Min-Ho7.jpg
2013 has been a busy year for Lee Min Ho, and it seems his success as an actor will continue into 2014 since he confirmed his role in a new film, “Gangnam Blues.” “Gangnam Blues” was written by director Yoo Ha. The plot is set in the development district of Youngdong, Seoul during the 1970s, which makes up today’s Gangnam area. It is an action film noir portraying a time when political authorities and dark societal figures conspired to gain foothold in the real estate development of the area. Lee Min Ho will be playing the lead role destined to meet his tragic fate, and the actor is preparing to pull off many advanced action scenes for the film. The teamwork between Lee Min Ho and Yoo Ha is predicted to create one of the most anticipated films for 2014, which is scheduled to begin filming in March and released during the later half of 2014. Director Yoo Ha is known for discovering new stars including Kwon Sang Woo in “Once Upon a Time in High School” (2004) and Jo In Sung in “A Dirty Carnival” (2006). Director Yoo Ha expressed his anticipation in working with Lee Min Ho saying, “Many actors showed interest in the film, but I planned this project keeping Lee Min Ho in mind. I expect Lee Min Ho’s strength as an actor with both charm and individuality with his charisma and handsome features will produce a synergy effect.” Meanwhile, Lee Min Ho’s agency, StarHaus Entertainment stated, “Lee Min Ho has been receiving dozens of offers through film scenarios and drama synopses. He as been offered to star in [director] Lee Eun’s new film aside from the lead role in ‘Gangnam Blues.’ We are looking over various projects to continue his activities in 2014.”

Kim Rae-won stars in Yoo Ha's "Gangnam Blues"

photo383079.jpg
Actor Kim Rae-won has been cast for "Gangnam Blues". "Gangnam Blues" is an action noir movie about the 1970s Seoul Yeong-dong Development. It tells the story of dark power conspiring at a time when Kangnam real estate development started. Lee Min-ho from the popular SBS drama "The Heirs" confirmed to star in this movie and Kim Rae-won is his co-actor. Kim Rae-won starred in the movie "My Little Hero" early this year

Lee Min Ho finally confirmed for upcoming film 'Gangnam Blues'

Director Yoo Ha revealed Lee Min Ho caught his eye from the start, "Although several actors were interested, I had Lee Min Ho in mind since a long time ago while planning for this production... I anticipate a synergistic effect with actor Lee Min Ho who possesses charisma, handsome charms, and individuality."

'Gangnam Blues' is an action noir film that takes place in Seoul's Gangnam district in the 1970s. The story revolves around political authorities and dark societal forces conspiring during a time when Gangnam was beginning to develop.

Lee Min Ho will begin filming in March, and 'Gangnam Blues' is slated to hit theaters in late 2014.

92.jpg

Lee Min-ho up for action noir film Gangnam Bluesleeminho_176.jpg

He spent a few years going from drama to drama, but now Lee Min-ho is likely headed back to the big screen for his first leading film role. His reps have confirmed that he has received the offer to headline a period action-noir from lauded director Yoo Ha, whose past works include Kwon Sang-woo’s Once Upon a Time in High School in 2004 and Jo In-sung’s 2006 film A Dirty Carnival. No wonder there’s a lot of interest at the thought of Lee Min-ho following in their footsteps in what looks to be another gritty dramatic noir.

The movie is titled Gangnam Blues and is set in 1970s Seoul, when the Gangnam district was just kicking off its real estate and construction boom, with all the shady power plays and corrupt backroom dealings that come with the territory. Given the director’s previous films, I think we can expect lots of stylish action loaded with darkness, which is something I would love to see Lee Min-ho do. He’s done enough mainstream crowd-pleasing roles to secure his place as a top leading man, so it’s a good idea for him to branch out and stretch his wings a bit. (Even if the thought of Lee Min-ho getting too big for television and taking the Won Bin path to a movie-centric career is too sad to contemplate. Don’t take that path, dramaland needs you! Okay, maybe I need you.)

itemprop="name" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 10px 0px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.2em; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 1.6em; background-color: rgb(252, 252, 252); font-family: Varela, arial, sans-serif !important;"Lee Min Ho confirmed to star in upcoming film 'Gangnam Blues'486342.jpg

Lee Min Ho has confirmed that he will be starring in Korean director Yoo Ha’s next film, Gangnam Blues (Land gate, Gangnam 1970). He will be earnestly expanding his career on the big screen with this action film noir.

Gangnam Blue is set in Seoul's Gangnam district in the 1970s. The story revolves around the political authorities and dark societal forces who conspired together while Gangnam was beginning to develop into the richest area of Seoul. Lee Min Ho will be playing the main character who suffers a tragic fate. Many fans look forward to watching him act out such a dramatic role that's full of hardships.

It seems that being cast as a lead character of Yoo Ha’s film is an unmissable opportunity for Lee Min Ho, who starred in two films in 2008, but whose career in the world of cinema has yet to be proven. Director Yoo Ha has previously helped Kwon Sang Woo and Jo In Sung jump to stardom in the Korean film industry when they were still new faces.

Director Yoo Ha revealed that although many other actors showed interest in this film, he had Lee Min Ho in his mind for a long time while drawing up the project. He said, “I anticipate that Lee Min Ho will have a synergistic effect. He is an actor who has many charms and individuality with his charisma and handsome appearance."

Lee Min Ho will begin filming this drama in March 2014, and Gangnam Blues will be released in late 2014. Let's hope Lee Min Ho lands his breakout role as a movie star in this film!

id="firstHeading" class="firstHeading" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 5px 0px; font-weight: normal; font-size: 34px; line-height: 34px; font-family: Economica, arial, 'trebuchet ms', verdana, sans-serif; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); border-bottom-style: solid;"Gangnam Blues

• Movie: Gangnam Blues
  • Revised romanization:Gangnam Beulruseu
  • Hangul: 강남 블루스
  • Director: Yu Ha
  • Writer:
  • Producer:
  • Cinematographer:
  • Release Date: 2014
  • Runtime:
  • Language: Korean
  • Gangnam_Blues-tp01.jpg
  • Plot

A "gangster noir" set in the 1970s, when Gangnam, Seoul goes under development. Political powers and darker organizations collide as they seek to grab control of the influential and exclusive area.

Notes

• Filming begins in March, 2014.
  • Actor 
Hyun-Bin was offered the leading role, but ultimately declined the offer.

Cast

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"Lee Min-ho 이민호 "Gangnam Blues" positive review

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; font-family: Lora, Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 2.3rem; font-style: italic; font-weight: inherit; margin: 0.435em 0px 0.217em; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: none; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"[News] Lee Min Ho Confirms for ‘Gangnam Blues’11350847516_99ac799497_c.jpg

After the success of the drama The Heirs, Starhaus entertainment has announced that Lee Min Howill be heading to the big screen for the movie Gangnam Blues!

Representative of Lee Min Ho’s agency, Starhaus Entertainment says they have finalized their decision for Lee Min Ho to star in Gangnam Blues. The movie is set in 1970s when the real estate business went through a major change around the Gangnam area and will tell the story of the conspiracy of the government and underground forces at the time. The movie will be directed by Yoo Ha.

Lee Min Ho is casted as the lead – a character with sad, cruel fate and he will be challenging high-level of action scenes. The movie is scheduled to start filming next March and planned to premiere in late 2014.

“Many actors showed their interest in this movie but I had Lee Min Ho in my mind for a long time, even when I was writing the scenario,” said director Yoo Ha. “Lee Min Ho possess leadership quality with a handsome, charming personality, I look forward to create a synergy effect with him in the movie.

Last but not least, Lee Min Ho will attend the official event to launch Korean brand Innisfree’s debut store in Singapore on December 17.  Lee Min Ho is the global brand ambassador of innisfree, which is known for its products crafted using natural ingredients from Jeju island. He will be at the innisfree Festa event.

class="art_title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 15px 0px 0px; font-weight: 300; font-family: arial, verdana, tahoma, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 20px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 28px; width: 526px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lee Min-ho Rides Wave of Popularity to Leading Movie Role 2014010100512_0.jpg
Lee Min-ho established his credentials as a character actor rather than just another pretty face in SBS' TV drama "The Heirs," which emerged as the most popular TV drama in the second half of last year.

Riding on the success of the drama, which recently came to an end, Lee has now been cast in a new movie that is set in the 1970s, when a real estate development boom swept across Gangnam.

The film depicts the collusion between local politicians and gangsters at the time.

The screenplay was written by Yoo Ha, who has directed numerous hit films including "Once Upon a Time in High School" and "A Dirty Carnival." 

Lee, who will play the starring role in the tragedy, will also perform a series of challenging action scenes.

Filming is scheduled to start in March.

Lee Min-ho done with high school

photo387425.jpg
Actor Lee Min-ho is best known for his lead role in the 2009 KBS drama "Boys over Flowers", playing an obnoxious, rich high school student. Instead of trying to change his image, Lee took a very similar role in SBS's recently finished "The Heirs", again playing a young, rich jerk, but giving the new character a very different feel. Lee recently sat down with Ilgan Sports, an affiliate with the Korea JoongAng Daily, to share how he felt about the drama. Q. How do you feel about the drama now that it has ended? A. I was stressed too much but very happy throughout the filming. I'm delighted that no major accidents happened. It may sound tacky, but I felt that things could have not been better. What was it like working with other young stars? I thought I probably couldn't play any role that requires me to wear a school uniform any more. Everyone, including Park Sin-hye and Kim Woo-bin, did so well. I also felt sorry for them and was surprised that they were so busy with other work [advertisements and other promotions] while filming the drama. At least I was free before I did "Boys over Flowers", but they seem to have very busy lives for people so young. How did you like working with Park Sin-hye? Although she is young, she has built a long career in acting. I was originally bad about talking honestly with my counterparts when acting. I usually act as I feel like doing, and I was so thankful that Park's character was so well received. She is the first woman I've acted with who is younger than I am. Did you have any secret for differentiating your character from the one you had in "Boys"? I thought I wouldn't care much about "Boys" from the beginning. Back then, I thought that I needed to hold a pair of chopsticks a certain way because I was the son of a rich family or I needed to look down on people. But this time I decided just to be natural. It is true that I was worried because the two characters have many similarities, but then I started to build a character that is more realistic. Why did you take such a similar role? Many have asked me that question. I thought I would never be able to look like that again. When between 26 and 27, you can show a boyish or man-like character. I thought it might be better for me to appeal that younger side while I still have it. Why did you choose "Gangnam Blues" as your next work? I want people to see that I can play very different characters. Before, I tried to avoid doing movies as they are riskier and I was not sure if I could do it well. But I wanted to play a more manly character and director Yoo Ha makes actors stand out in his works.

Well i didn't get the chance to get to watch Heirs but might give a chance with this one, as who can get enough of LMH I mean he has what it takes the looks, acting, what more he can ask for as so much when he lay in The Hunter I loved that drama so I'll see how this one turn out as well :)>-

@suchadiva42, How come I didn't know about this drama, As much as love Kim Rae Won I almost didn't notice him with all the weight he has put on. He looks totally different in the face. Remind me when this drama will be starting. I'm so in haven't seen KRW on screen in a long time. 

@valsava"

Back atcha" because when i seen KRW i said the same thing and was like wait a minute :-? WTH I haven't seen him in a heart beat but i love his acting right along with LMH.. You know I'll hit you up when it airs :)>-

valsava said: @suchadiva42, How come I didn't know about this drama, As much as love Kim Rae Won I almost didn't notice him with all the weight he has put on. He looks totally different in the face. Remind me when this drama will be starting. I'm so in haven't seen KRW on screen in a long time.