Quantcast
kjmcth

[Variety] Happy Sunday -1 Night, 2 Days (1박 2일) S3 :KBS 1N2D S3 Trip with Global Viewers 2 SEPTEMBER 2018

@blackberrypie 

Na PD has a lot of control over the kind of shows he wants to produce, and the seasonal nature of his shows mean that he can easily create content that appeals to the audience at that time. Then, he can choose to continue or end the shows based on their popularity – not all of his shows enjoy high ratings.

I’m a huge fan of Na PD, and I enjoy watching 3mad, youn’s kitchen, njttw, yof/gof/nof just as much as 1n2d. His programs are never all about creating laughs. Yof/gof/nof celebrate the idea of YOLO. 3mad realised people’s fantasy of escaping the city to do nothing. He even created njttw to help Kang Hodong and Lee Soogeun make a comeback.

“Funny” is not the only benchmark for variety shows, and it certainly isn’t the only reason why people watch 1n2d. In fact, some of the most memorable episodes like the Ahn Jung Geun special are not meant to be funny. What really matters is preserving the DNA of 1n2d: a travel variety show about Korea – which is exactly what you’ve rightfully pointed out. No point comparing 1n2d with youn’s kitchen or 3mad because it’d be like comparing apples with oranges.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, __jesse said:

@blackberrypie 

Na PD has a lot of control over the kind of shows he wants to produce, and the seasonal nature of his shows mean that he can easily create content that appeals to the audience at that time. Then, he can choose to continue or end the shows based on their popularity – not all of his shows enjoy high ratings.

I’m a huge fan of Na PD, and I enjoy watching 3mad, youn’s kitchen, njttw, yof/gof/nof just as much as 1n2d. His programs are never all about creating laughs. Yof/gof/nof celebrate the idea of YOLO. 3mad realised people’s fantasy of escaping the city to do nothing. He even created njttw to help Kang Hodong and Lee Soogeun make a comeback.

“Funny” is not the only benchmark for variety shows, and it certainly isn’t the only reason why people watch 1n2d. In fact, some of the most memorable episodes like the Ahn Jung Geun special are not meant to be funny. What really matters is preserving the DNA of 1n2d: a travel variety show about Korea – which is exactly what you’ve rightfully pointed out. No point comparing 1n2d with youn’s kitchen or 3mad because it’d be like comparing apples with oranges.

I dont mean Na PD is not brilliant in his own way. What i mean is how ppl (knets mostly) like to compare Na PD’s shows to 1N2D and say 1N2D is not funny, not as ‘good’ as Na PD’s shows.. etc. Like you rightly pointed out, they are incomparable. Because Na PD’s shows are not funny, as per the focus point you’ve highlighted for his shows. But why do ppl still expect 1N2D to be funny? You mention Ahn Jung Geun as an example of when 1N2D is not expected to be funny. Well, there are many times 1N2D have been persecuted to be ‘not funny enough’, ‘not funny compared to S1, and other Na PD shows’. Like i said, based purely on those comments, it gave me the impression that Na PD shows must be hilariously funny. So i gave them all a try. And time and time again, i dont find it ‘that funny’. Perhaps the focal point of his shows dont inspire me that much, doesnt resonate with me, or is just not my cup of tea or what im seeking for. But i appreciate that there are ppl who do. Just, lets not compare Na PD to 1N2D again and again, becos as you said, they are different. He is good in his way.. and there are ppl who enjoy the shows he have created, but there are also ppl who dont. Opinions vary. I just dont like how ppl practically idolise him to be the best, irreplaceable, a definite must watch, exceptionally great, etc. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lyd89 said:

Seems like the team are visiting music bank for today's ep. Their love for idols lol.

for search artist /idol born year of the dog for shorten  their time .. they got  2 mission and need go  basecamp

Spoiler

but they only get  1 member from girl group ....  they need call another artist ... finally they got meet Miracle in Cell No. 7  cast (love this film)  Ryu Seung-ryong  &  Kal So-won  -- han seokjin  .. today my fav actor/film in 1n2d 

gPcA1Zv.jpg

Spoiler

DVLr_c_V4AAawl2.jpg

DVLtSEMVAAADCAH.jpg

DVLtOelVoAAn-w9.jpg

DVLxRP1U8AAdSZc.jpg

DVLvARyVAAAkY-g.jpg

• Like 3

@lyd89 I don't really have a definitive opinion on this article. I personally like it if they have different themes to show rather than repetitive themes (and some familiar games). What makes 1n2d unique is because it is a mix of travel, Korean culture, history and people (citizens), games and a test of human condition when put through a series of tasks/tests. (I actually miss those episodes/trips where they used sayings/idioms/quotes for them to live throughout the 48 hours; best episode example is "non-possession trip":blush: if you don't know what I am talking about). I would love to see them do things that are not normally seen in other variety shows (games are too normal in variety shows, traveling is overdone [too many traveling-themed shows], and cooking themes are seasonal [there was a time where a bulk number of cooking shows popping up everywhere and now somehow died down a bit]). Of course, we can't get them to go through another "medical" trips (which I personally love so much) every other week, but I would like it if they 'do' bring the most overlooked themes from s1 or s2 and of course, new themes. "Testing themes" would be a great way to show what the members can do like the recent trip. [But don't dismiss their usuals - the traveling, the interactions with people, lunch games, dinner games, snack games, sleeping arrangement games and morning missions]. I think it's about time they do a 'friendship trip' this season.

And about the seasonal format, it would be a painful transition to begin with but it is somehow not impossible. The only problem with it is that, if you'd expect to watch 2d1n with seasonal format, the cast had to have the biggest sacrifice - time management (or worst case scenario, a new round of casts that can actually commit). On top of doing their solo work (acting, singing, hosting,etc.) they would have to film to get enough footage before they start another round of season. (Meaning they would have to film at least one-straight-whole-week to get at least 10 to 12 episodes. And on the side, it's not even 2d1n then. It'll be 8 days 7 nights in Korea:joy:). If they went overseas, it's possible to see it but evn some footage didn't make it like the recent Cuba-Kazakhstan trip. There's a many challenges and issues but I don't see it as impossible. It is just a lot of things to think through and to discuss. But I actually don't want it seasonal tho. I like things the way it is. At least I know my fave show is filming somewhere in Korea and they are people who shared some sightings on their SNS :sweat_smile:.

@blackberrypie I don't want to compare to Na PD shows either but I can't not agree with some of your opinions. Na PD shows though at times "majestic" too a lot of people standards, and yes, they are not funny. But who am I to say such things. I find that he has more freedom now compared to when he was a KBS PD, he does shows that resonates to the simplicity of human interactions and understanding. His shows are nice but I would personally be choosy with all his works - I only watch nttjw (for the sole reason of the great cast) but I wouldn't think of watching the same epi twice tho.

He maybe the great creator of the show we now loved so much, but 2d1n have a specific reason and goals to achieve (according to themes of the trip) and with that is kinda asking you back "What have you learned today?" kinda of feel which I loved so much about 2d1n. I gained a lot from just watching 2d1n. And about Knets idolizing Na PD is their problem. Don't worry about it too much. I hope we, here continue to pour in our support to Ilyong PD and the crew of 2d1n becoz they need and they deserve our love for the show.:glasses:

• Like 5

em3lpkc.png

part 2 new trip (winter +new year)   still no.1   

15.4%  180204   (-1.9 %)

10TH ANNIVERSARY (KAZAKHSTAN + CUBA)

17.3%  180128  (+2.1%) (+ new trip)

15.2%  180121 (-3.0%)

18.2%  180114 (-0.5%)

18.7% 180107 (+7.6%)

11.1% 171231

---------------------------

slot 2

sbs master in house 

hve diffrent rating on  nate  &  naver  --

naver 9.5%   

Spoiler

Spoiler

rating under current  pd  still same with pd yoo ... they up and down   .. why someone  keep say rating under current  team keep decline  etc 

lFz3EtR.pnghh1x6Yi.png1dtNejZ.pngbz65LVc.pngWlvLORB.png8GIHbXg.pngaOhXSl9.png

all this under pd yoo  dec 2013  - june 2016  ....   

current team with  added new member  donggu also keep get 18 %-17 %-16%-15 %14% 13%  ..  

i accept if rating with pd yoo always got  18% above .. but  in reality not like that ... with current  news abt ic .. they keep bring  rating 1n2d s3 down becoz pd yoo left .... 

-----------------

slot 1 

1)mbc masked singer 11.3% 

2) kbs tros 10.4%

3) rm 9.6%

by photograper donggu 

Spoiler

DVMYJdSU8Ac2Oz-.jpg

DVMYOw-U0AEORbH.jpg

DVMY7N1VAAAMTir.jpg

DVMZGZ9UMAALZ6W.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

The members are so smart to stage the photographs with snow :joy:Great minds think alike hahaha 

So glad they are back on air and the chemistry is great :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I like how the staff leave the members to fend on their own like their 1st anniversary. :grin:This epi is only 1 hour and 20 minutes but it felt longer.:mrgreen: I don't know about you guys but I feel like all the members are hardworking this new year and I love it. Everyone finally show what they are capable of and still show their lovable side to us fans. DG's photography skills is killing it; CTH showing his responsible side and the cooperation of all the other members working to help finish the missions are really a thumbs up!

I don't understand why such great episodes, we lose at least 3% of the normal high ratings. But I don't really care about that as long as there's loyal fans still tuned in for the show:blush:

My fave scene... well... when the members are being themselves - silly and goofing each other.

5eda42f663e005d619188bccd78138f3045b9e0d

This scene of DC calling senior Noh Joo Hyun is hilarious. :joy:

And also, them going to a temple in Seosan somehow seems special, no?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

annion chingus !!!!!!!!!! B)

I was worried that the next weekend could cancel the next episode of our beautiful program and miss the fun xD, but according to this note of soompi, it does not appear in the list of canceled programs.

wiiiiiii I'm happy !!!! although I feel sorry for the other programs, they forgive the fans

https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/04/several-weekend-shows-canceled-due-2018-pyeongchang-olympics-coverage/

another great episode, all I can say is that this group of friends teach us many good things, like in this episode, they taught us about companionship and that union results in great things and that together they can achieve their goals. as ilyong PD said, it was touching.

although they bothered defconn, I feel that the achievement of the first results when going to the music bank and getting the idols to approach them, defconn is a highly respected sumbae and the boys approached quickly. but good they only do it to play with defconn. (longing for Cuba) LOL

I have always felt love for these people but with this episode they won my respect and admiration for the effort and joint work.:wub:

69577bd3c5b9ff61543a275b08629a37.gif

I was just thinking about this actor this week so he could join the group, I did not know that jjy was his friend, I hope that someday they will get together in some episode, it would be great.B)

• Like 5

Just watched the latest episode and noticed that the main writer from the very first episode of season 3 is back.. anyway, I'm nee here.. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 143gutaeng said:

Just watched the latest episode and noticed that the main writer from the very first episode of season 3 is back.. anyway, I'm nee here.. 

She's been back for quite some time now actually. Since around May 2017 if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1gabi2araw said:

She's been back for quite some time now actually. Since around May 2017 if I'm not mistaken.

Oh. It's the first time that i noticed her. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 143gutaeng said:

pxK1fGM.png&key=fdce9e2308f10fa2a7b8e76c

before this i already updated her pic she back ... E175 170514  

mWpwIsY.jpg&key=3086235324857495f29c6c30

pd ilyong updted on his ig abt writer Jung Sunyoung - pd joo last epi

• Like 1

Omg! JJY is in Singapore! 

Saw the updates in IG

And he is here for TVN "Salty Tour"

I feel so excited though I didn't manage to catch a glimpse of him:D

• Like 1

hai all. im trying to find the episode where our members have team mission to park many trucks to designated place as fast as they could. the game was all members vs 1 staff/kbs bus driver. i kinda miss that game and want to rewatch the whole episode but i couldnt find it yet. do anyone remember which episode it was? 

thank you very much......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bonbona said:

hai all. im trying to find the episode where our members have team mission to park many trucks to designated place as fast as they could. the game was all members vs 1 staff/kbs bus driver. i kinda miss that game and want to rewatch the whole episode but i couldnt find it yet. do anyone remember which episode it was? 

thank you very much......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

180211  .. 3 SHOW from kbs -mbc -sbs broadcast yesterday 

kbs 1n2d -mbc masked singer -sbs master in the house 

another 3 show not aired due pyeongchang olympics .. full audience watch  live  at venue olympics 

------------------------------------

jpsWIQ8.png

KBS 1N2D s3 180211  new year +winter part 3    (

13.9% 180211 (-1.5%) 

15.7%  180204   (-1.9 %) winter+new year  part 2 

10TH ANNIVERSARY (KAZAKHSTAN + CUBA)

17.3%  180128  (+2.1%) (+ new trip part 1)

15.2%  180121 (-3.0%)

18.2%  180114 (-0.5%)

18.7% 180107 (+7.6%)

11.1% 171231

=================================

MBC masked singer part 2 

13.0%  180211

sbs master in house 

8.0% 180211

new  games with manager + stylist ..

8Lk8L41.png

Spoiler