Quantcast
kjmcth

[Variety] Happy Sunday -1 Night, 2 Days (1박 2일) S3 :KBS 1N2D S3 GONNA MISS PD ILYONG 2019 :PAGE 447

I was about to react to last week's episode but then saw a comment/news about Youngjin and your comments... It makes me worry..

First, reaction to last week's.. Although team 2d1n won against YJ, I felt bad that they avoided the fishing work. They haven't done fishing for a while I think. Or it's just that they really don't want to do and it's a tough work. Or I just felt sympathetic for YJ.

Second, looking back, there aren't much guests on 2d1n this year.. Or it's just that they got more guests last year? Well, they had the global fans trip as the highlight for this year.

Lastly about YJ... I'm actually clueless I don't know what to react or what... But the possibility of someone leaving makes me worry. I'm already a fan on 2d1n before DG joined but after DG joined I became more of.. Like I began watching on VIU even I'm just 3-5 days late rather than on YouTube with a week or 2-3 weeks delay. I was about to watch the previous episodes but was caught up by my reality I prioritize the recent ones. But before DG, i liked JY. I don't mind YJ, I kinda like the part where he really think deeper like tricking the 6 cos JY is the genius among them. But yes, 7 is a tough number to manage especially in splitting into teams. 

• Like 1

I streamed the whole episode but since I can't understand korean, I don't know what Yongjin will do as the intern. But things that I can confirm:

-Ilyong pd's last trip is this one, previous post by kjmcth confirms it

-one 1n2d member goes fishing with Yongjin

-Yongjin will be on the next trip

I'll definitely miss Ilyong pd. People may say that he isn't as good as Hojin pd, but in my opinion, his style was definitely different from Hojin's era, but I like his episodes as much as Hojin's. I think for the staff, it sometimes feels like a thankless job, but I really want to thank Ilyong pd for his 2.5 years at the helm of this show. I hope that Ilyong pd will continue on his flowery path wherever he goes.

On a side note, it's been mentioned before how tiring it is as a 2d1n staff member. If it is assumed that the staff photo is the pd and writers, you can pretty much see that the staff is so vastly different now, taking away the main writer and pd, and writer nayoung whom you see her face sometimes. Then there's the maknae pd who went to the deserted island with JH (now he's no longer the maknae, you can see how fast staff come and go) I think that's why TH mentions that their aim is always  the best program. Because it is the best award for the staff themselves. I saw one of the banners by 1n2d at the award ceremony and it says something along the lines of "1n2d will continue to exist with its great sense of presence in the days from now on". The baton has been passed and I hope there will only be better days for 1n2d to come.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lyd89 said:

-Ilyong pd's last trip is this one, previous post by kjmcth confirms it

Looks like season 4 is being set in motion faster than I originally anticipated. By season 4, I would presume that KJM + 1 or 2 of the current, less busy members will anchor the new team. 1D2N has been slowly gearing the content towards more youth friendly content (like Jeonju Live episodes), perhaps a younger batch of PDs is the precursor of the diversification in direction.

For everyone who think there’s member leave, read comment on ilyoung pd ig, when someone asked no one going to leave right? Yap his answer(sorry i cant insert picture right now, just look his ig).

And bc ilyoung pd leave the show, im sure no member will leave soon, they will help sung pd.

• Like 1

Geez, one thing after another.  I was wondering why Kim Seong accepted the KBS award instead of IlYoung.  I will really miss him, but at least the new PD has been with the show a long time.  Much better than bringing in someone new.

If Yongjin is included every week, I agree that having 7 members is is very restrictive.  Maybe he'll be spending more time behind the cameras just watching?

Member ages going up is worrisome.  They can't go on forever.  But, frankly, if any member was to leave, the most likely person I see leaving is JJY.  He seems to be making a lot of changes to his life recently.  He may not have the bandwidth (or professional need) to keep doing 1 N2D. 

I think it would be a disaster if either KJM or CTH left.  I could imagine KJH leaving due to age /wanting to do other things.  But we would lose that brilliant synergy between him and JM.

But the show has survived for 10 years with many staff/cast changes and continues to entertain us.  Change is the way of the world.

• Like 2

so ilyong pd really leave :tears:. but at least, 1n2d team have prepared the successor. kim sung pd already direct an episode when ilyong pd take a rest. so, i think it will not make to much chaos. surely will miss ilyong pd.

regarding possibility member change, I just hope for the best to 2 days 1 night.

• Like 1

DvqnDBZV4AEw-HG.jpg

shout 1n2d for last time (hope he still join trip  after this / see him in behind  another staff 

DvqnDFoVsAEzP85.jpg

Spoiler

DvqcEGrV4AA_8rh.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mugwump said:

Member ages going up is worrisome.  They can't go on forever.  But, frankly, if any member was to leave, the most likely person I see leaving is JJY.  He seems to be making a lot of changes to his life recently.  He may not have the bandwidth (or professional need) to keep doing 1 N2D. 

Dear Lord, please NO :cry: Gutaeng Hyung is gone forever... Hojin PD left.... now Il Yong PD is saying goodbye .....:bawling:

• Sad 1

I'm going to miss Ilyong PD. He got a lot of criticism, but I really liked him and thought he did a good job. Good luck to the new PD. It's a demanding job, physically and mentally. 

I'm already tired of speculating about members leaving, etc... What will be, will be. I'm just going to support the show and hope ratings remain steady. 

• Like 2

“2 Days & 1 Night” Cast Has Fun Guessing Superlatives Awarded To Them By Staff Members

“2 Days & 1 Night” Cast Has Fun Guessing Superlatives Awarded To Them By Staff Members

Dec 30, 2018
by J. Lim

The members of “2 Days & 1 Night” had a fun guessing game of superlatives with their staff!

The episode of “2 Days & 1 Night” that aired on December 30 was a year-end special with a guest appearance by Lee Yong Jin. For their dinner mission, the producing director (PD) would tell them the name of an award that the staff voted on, and the cast would have to guess which of them the staff picked. If they got the answer wrong, they would have a dish taken away.

Spoilers

First up was the Visual Terror Award, and the cast immediately picked Defconn and Kim Joon Ho as the likely candidates. In the end, they picked Defconn for his various costumes and disguises that he’d taken on over many episodes. However, they were surprised to learn that it was actually Kim Joon Ho who won, and he had everyone laughing as he said, “I want to thank Kim Jong Min for dealing with my spit and farts. I will continue to show how gross I can be.”

Next up was the Worst Complainer Award, and the members had to pick between Kim Joon Ho, Kim Jong Min, and Defconn. The cast went with Defconn again for his fast-paced complaining, that was almost a rap verse, and they guessed correctly. Jung Joon Young was chosen as the winner of the Cost-Effective Award, though the cast had originally guessed Yoon Shi Yoon as he knows how to pick only the important things to do.

Jung-Joon-Young-Defconn.jpg

For the Precious Award, given to the cast member the staff has a soft spot for, Defconn picked Yoon Shi Yoon and said, “He’s always full of energy but things don’t go his way when he starts getting competitive,” and though some voiced their opinion that it would be Kim Joon Ho, they stuck with Yoon Shi Yoon and got the answer correct. For the Friendship Award, the cast picked Cha Tae Hyun and they were correct, with the staff noting that Cha Tae Hyun had received most of the votes. In last place was Kim Joon Ho and Kim Jong Min brought up the Visual Terror Award as he joked, “It’s because you’re gross and smelly.”

Cha-Tae-Hyun-Kim-Jong-Min.jpg

Finally, it was time for the Daesang [Grand Prize] and the cast picked Cha Tae Hyun as the most-likely nominee. However, the win went to Kim Joon Ho and the staff explained that though Cha Tae Hyun had received the most votes from the staff, most of the PDs in KBS’s variety department picked Kim Joon Ho. Kim Joon Ho thanked the PDs and accepted his award.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is the thing: I do think that if it was possible the award should be accepted by Ilyong PD, because this years KBS award is the result of his work, but if he was unable then i am fine with it. Secondly, Seong PD is OK too, he was on and off on 2d1n, but i liked his work on Sisters Slam Dunk. I need to  watch several episodes to have a final decision. But that is not going to stop me from watching 2d1n of course. Thirdly; If someone is going to leave i think it will be JJY or YDG or maybe even CTH. KJM said he will be around until they don't want him and he keeps his promises. KJH likes stability, unless they fire him he stays on his shows. Defbear also has debt (he said it himself) and he seems to be the guy who stays until the credits roll. CTH may be tired, JJY is young and is on fire, YDG is also young and he might want to do different things. But most importantly, i think they might want to quit collectively because their bond is that strong, which is kind of heartbreaking in this situation. 

I hope it all ends well..

• Like 1

I'm fine if its just Yoo PD. (Though it's also sad) Just not a member/casts ...

10 hours ago, cth7 said:

For everyone who think there’s member leave, read comment on ilyoung pd ig, when someone asked no one going to leave right? Yap his answer(sorry i cant insert picture right now, just look his ig).

And bc ilyoung pd leave the show, im sure no member will leave soon, they will help sung pd.

Waiting 3days to watch the recent episode..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The_Doctor said:

Secondly, Seong PD is OK too, he was on and off on 2d1n, but i liked his work on Sisters Slam Dunk. I need to  watch several episodes to have a final decision. 

pd kim seong always with  1n2d since s2 (but in middle before pd hyojin left he with pd ilyong suddenly disppear from camera-qiut and back time  trip to mokpo cruise togethr with pd ilyong (pd ilyong next vote as main pd   )  .. pd inseok with unnie slam dunk ... 

• Like 1

Since Ilyong pd has stated that none of the members are leaving, I think we should all take a step back from speculating on whether the members are leaving the show. It feels weird to see that we are all here discussing who is the most likely to leave when all the members are most likely intent on staying lol.

I watched the latest episode with Chinese subs and they didn't elaborate much on how the internship is like. What they mention was similar to a job intership. You become regular if you do well and you can also get fired (they specifically mention both of this). I think the best action to take right now is to wait and see if the show will really do better with the addition of a new member.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.soompi.com/article/1285799wpp/pd-yoo-il-yong-denies-reports-leaving-kbs-stepping-2-days-1-night

PD Yoo Il Yong Denies Reports Of Him Leaving KBS After Stepping Down From “2 Days & 1 Night”

PD Yoo Il Yong Denies Reports Of Him Leaving KBS After Stepping Down From “2 Days & 1 Night”

Dec 31, 2018
by J. Lim

Yoo Il Yong, who stepped down from his position as producing director (PD) of KBS’s “2 Days & 1 Night” has denied reports that he is leaving the broadcasting station entirely.

PD Yoo Il Yong explained the situation as he said, “I’ve been running non-stop on ‘2 Days & 1 Night’ so I plan to just rest for some time. I’m not leaving KBS, I really just applied for a vacation. I’ve never submitted a resignation to KBS.” He added, “I’ve just told them I’ll be taking a break because I want to take some personal time off. I’ve been working on ‘2 Days & 1 Night’ for about two years and eight months, and I’d now like to get some rest and go traveling.”

His statement was in response to a report made earlier in the day that the reason he had stepped down from his “2 Days & 1 Night” job was because he was leaving KBS.

2-Days-1-Night2.jpg

During the December 30 episode of “2 Days & 1 Night,” it was announced that Yoo Il Yong would be stepping down from the show. Everyone bid him farewell and the cast looked sad to see him go. PD Kim Sung is set to take his place and lead the show from now on.

Catch PD Yoo Il Yong’s last episode of “2 Days & 1 Night” below.

• Like 2

Can't really say I'm surprised that Ilyong PD leaves the show. It's been 3 years and it's about time someone replaces his spot. It's just the cycle of main PD.

About Yong Jin, I'm keeping my opinion neutral. He has variety personalities, gets a long well with the members without even a blink of an awkwardness, he is fast to catch the concept of the show. I think he can get away from fishing punishment but he chooses to give away a big hint so the members can catch him. I think it's a plus side of him.

Also let's not forget the fact that domestic audience seems to like Yong Jin. 16.3% viewership on latest episode is not something to be taken lightly. And domestic audience plays the rule here.

I'm already amazed how this long running show can maintain a double digit rating and now even more, how it's still possible to see even higher number.

If there is really a member to leave the show, my guess it will be Donggu. He seems innocent but when it comes to his acting career he is very passionate and dedicated. Taehyun already has everything so he won't be too cranky with anything. Joonho knows that his joining 1n2d is a pivotal move on his career he won't leave that easily. DC is still on mortage. Jongmin is the ID of the show. Joonyoung won't go anywhere if Taehyun still hangs around.

I know age is or will be the main problem, however, for now they can always adjust. Less physical games, more brain games. And we know how terrible they are with brain games. They can go for slower pace and interact more with local people. With the right directing and calls, it can be very entertaining too. God knows we love drama and its rollercoaster of emotions.

Goodness, it's been so long since the last time I wrote this much. Glad to let it out of my chest.

I hope Ilyong PD will have a brigther career. I thank you for standing tall all this time.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kjmcth said:

pd inseok with unnie slam dunk

I am sorry i remember seeing him on the show, might have mixed him with someone else. But when i say on and off i meant on producing when ilyong wasnt there.. Maybe i should have explained it in more detail.

• Like 1

It's been awhile this thread has been quiet... the sudden news and update made us all agitated.  I was sad again because of the great chemistry among the members and Ilyong PD has been well established already so I would like it to stay that way. But since his health is far more important so I've been accepting it gladly. I just wish him the best in life and hope he regains back his weight and good health. Hope for his success in everything he does. I'm grateful for his hardwork. I would say he definitely did a great job despite of the criticisms and bashing he received from knetz for his leadership contributed for the show to maintain the #1 spot and still KBS Best Variety Program. Thanks to him for giving me a great laugh!     :wub:

more gifsets on https://beyacuteful.tumblr.com/

tumblr_inline_pklpkcthu91tghbv0_540.gif

tumblr_inline_pkloam5rAA1tghbv0_540.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_pklo414wfq1tghbv0_540.gif

tumblr_inline_pklry9uGr71tghbv0_540.gif

tumblr_inline_pklo4xOG0h1tghbv0_540.gif

tumblr_inline_pklo8m3vtw1tghbv0_540.gif

tumblr_inline_pkloeeReht1tghbv0_540.gif

tumblr_inline_pklo5mYpZD1tghbv0_540.gif

tumblr_inline_pklocpciVt1tghbv0_540.gif

• Like 2