Quantcast
Jump to content
kjmcth

[Variety] Happy Sunday -1 Night, 2 Days (1박 2일) S3 :KBS 1N2D S3 GONNA MISS PD ILYONG 2019 :PAGE 447

Recommended Posts

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

 

it's indeed a Merry and Great Christmas for all of us cause our fave program and boys won!! Though JH didn't got the Daesang, having 4 of them winning (best couple for JH and JM, excellence for Defconn and entertainer for Donggu) + best program, what could we ever ask for? 

 

I was online last Sunday early morning here in PHL when I saw a video from KBS Entertain (watching something from YT) when I saw a clip with Defconn delivering a speech after winning but there's no sub's so I don't know what he won.. And saw the TROS kids video with William saying "Yeah baby!" :D

 

Wasn't able to check the others so I thought I will wait here in the forum... Well, there goes a happy day of Christmas to me!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where JY almost failed the Team Not Junho with his entry song with dance! :D oh, when he knelt down in front of PD Ilyong!

 

 

The lady against Donggu is so good! :thumbsup: And why is he more handsome here? :wub:

Jongmin's "Piyung" (though I still don't get it):D

 

 

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Christmas and also JH's birthday at the same time. Happy Birthday! Hope he finds both success and love in the new year!

 

JY is appearing on Radio Star this week and TH is still hosting, for those who are interested to watch. He's also appearing on another Mnet program as a guest with DF though I think it's not subbed currently.

 

And the collaboration between Hey Jini and JH happened lol.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

news abt lee youngjin as intern 1n2ds3  made me not happy with this decision .. i'm okay with he comes   guest esp with ok ok team .. but not as intern .. 

i  kindly agree with 1 comment on twitter kbs should give his oppurnity on another show kbs .. not for 1n2d //

 

hope this not so long and  not added  him as regular member...

 

----------------------------

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, kjmcth said:

news abt lee youngjin as intern 1n2ds3  made me not happy with this decision .. i'm okay with he comes   guest esp with ok ok team .. but not as intern .. 

i  kindly agree with 1 comment on twitter kbs should give his oppurnity on another show kbs .. not for 1n2d //

 

hope this not so long and  not added  him as regular member...

 

----------------------------

 

 

 

When I saw him guesting on the show for the second time, I was wondering if they were trying him out to possibly replace a member who might be leaving.   He was OK, but I hope they don't give him too much air time at the expense of the other members.  And I hope this doesn't mean someone is leaving.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm personally against adding him as an actual member (if it does happen) unless someone is leaving the cast with a valid reason like Joohyuk.

 

Reasons for me being against an addition of a new member:

1. 7 is a weird number for team games like 5 (when JY took a break). You definitely have to sacrifice someone's screen time or make it disadvantageous to accomodate the difference in numbers.

 

2. I feel that the senior-junior hierarchy is more deeply rooted in comedians, since they work together more for skits. They function more like a family compared to actors and singers. That is why it would be more likely that they bring this dynamic for JH and Yongjin into the show if he joins. So far, it hasn't started but I would dread it if it does start when they are playing games. 

1n2d members don't overwhelmingly come from one profession. TH doesn't give people the feel that he minds seniority while DG is naturally polite to everyone. JY is just too special for such rules to apply to him lol. So, the current members don't have this hierarchy stuff. They throw around jokes about age instead. Hopefully, I won't see such things if Yongjin does join.

 

3. There could be a bigger shift in dynamics if Yongjin joins. Yongjin leans more towards the talkative side. If "arguments" break out, instead of the usual 2 way fight you see between JH and JM (DF joins this kind of things less frequently), it's likely it will become 3 way most of the time, which makes the scene messier. DF holds it in better despite being always ranked bottom tier by members and thrown bad comments. Not saying that it's wrong to lash out more, since a comedian's role involves making reactions (sometimes exaggerated ones), it would be more natural for Yongjin to join in since it goes with his profession's nature more.

 

I personally don't think this would be the right way to introduce change to the show, though I think the current state is actually good enough. You can't control a lot of things in the show as time passes, which could probably be why they want to try new things. If a new member addition sends the show spiralling down, it would be time to just end the season instead. I hope that I will be right in placing my faith in the pds to navigate this situation well enough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, I thought something might be up when Yongjin appeared again. I like him okay so I'll give it a chance. I remember Yoo PD talking about trying to keep things fresh in an interview earlier this year so maybe this intern thing is a kind of experiment. This cast has awesome chemistry, so I hope he adds rather than detracts from that. I can't see any of the current members choosing to leave unless perhaps Donggu decides to concentrate on acting or something. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually dislike the way YongJin whines.. he whines all the way to the outdoor sleeping location.. he whines while running on the horse dung field.. i honestly finds his whining uncomfortable and frustrating.. i even skipped the whole part where he whined alone at the outdoor sleeping scene. I dont know why ppl think he's funny. Is whining supposed to be funny? Its such a negative reaction, i know i cant stand it if any of my friends whines endlessly like Yongjin did.. whatever ppl said about Junho, he never whines when carrying on any punishment due to his defeats.. all 6 members always graciously accepts their punishment, esp Donggu who will do everything happily. Its a refreshing sight to see and motivating, that we should also embrace any defeats or punishments graciously no matter how we dislike it.. even though Yongjin carried out the punishments.. he doesnt stop whining.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go, I thought it was just me that had noticed that they wanted to add it to the group, it does not bother me that his was invited but I saw that they did not treat him as a guest, first I thought that DG or JJY were leaving the show, but he is a comedian so I thought about a possibility that Junho would leave the program which left me cold. :fearful:

 

p.d: as a form of sadness and nonconformity I did not see the last episode, I do not know but I do not like it, it's very opaque and there is no balance between everyone. but that does not mean I hate him:grimace::heartbreak:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

where can I read the news about young jin become intern?

 

personally I don't hate young jin. He is quite funny on ok ok tv episode. But, his second guesting make me wonder if junho will leaving.

 

also, is kim sung pd will replace yoo pd? he appear a lot of time now. and I don't see yoo pd when they receive popularity award on entertainment award.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lee Young Jin's internship could possibly signal 3 things:

 

1. Testing the water for 'outgoing' member, which is likely the busier and more expensive of the 6 which is YDG (drama/movie projects piling up), CTH (seem to have become more laissez faire, with the most recent one where he went sightseeing when everyone else was chasing down LYJ) or JJY (wearing many hats as pro-gamer, CEO, musician etc.). Objectively, I think CTH has the most motivation to retire cos he doesn't really need 1N2D and he needs to do less risky stuff (like Radio Star), he has a family after all. Second would likely be YDG, cos he is an actor first and foremost and right from the point he joined 1N2D, he was pretty clear that it would be temporary.  

 

2. Taking a page from running man to keep status quo while expanding 'player' base to create new dynamics between members, in effort to keep ratings buoyant in the face of competition from Master in the House. From the recent SBS awards, it is pretty clear that the station is adamant to promote MitH as the poster boy for the station now that Running Man is entering its sunset years. I mean who better to fight for viewership than a former member of the best performing program on Sunday? 

 

3. Precursor to 1N2D season 4. The average age of the season 3 cast has reached ~39 years old and it will get increasingly difficult for the PD to do physically challenging or even embarrassing  activities without posing risks to the current members' health/dignity (the original concept of 1N2D is to earn food and sleep through silly activities). You can see with more recent episodes toning down on rigorous activities.

 

Personally, I am hoping that it is situation 2, I like the current members and will sorely miss my weekly happy pill. However, IMHO, it is most likely situation 3. Ultimately, 1N2D is KBS biggest cash cow and going concern is the number 1 priority of the station. The members are getting older, so its not a question of if, but a question of when; whether 1N2D S3 will go out with a whimper or a bang. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.koreanesia.com/1-night-2-days-konfirmasi-komedian-lee-yong-jin-akan-bergabung-sebagai-intern-pertama/

(?) 

in a certain way this news reassures me, I suppose it's the kind of member like hong jin youn for runinngman.

but I would have preferred someone a little more famous as an actor to raise the rating-_-:P

PS: now I will see the last episode LOL Maybe there are more interim members if this works, LOL:D

 

sorry for the double post, my computer is something crazy like me, kekeke

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mentarisenja said:

where can I read the news about young jin become intern?

 

personally I don't hate young jin. He is quite funny on ok ok tv episode. But, his second guesting make me wonder if junho will leaving.

 

also, is kim sung pd will replace yoo pd? he appear a lot of time now. and I don't see yoo pd when they receive popularity award on entertainment award.

There was an article on allkpop about the news. For JH, I did read something about JH saying that sometime in the future, he may step down from the show to pursue something else. But the article was from a few years ago (likely when Joohyuk was still in the show) and I can't verify the credibility. Ilyong pd has been in charge for 3 years. Stepping down at this time would be following the same pattern as Hojin pd. But if there will be a change in the members, it will likely be very messy in my opinion so it's better that he sticks around longer.

 

Spoiler
1 hour ago, yoondonggu said:

Lee Young Jin's internship could possibly signal 3 things:

 

1. Testing the water for 'outgoing' member, which is likely the busier and more expensive of the 6 which is YDG (drama/movie projects piling up), CTH (seem to have become more laissez faire, with the most recent one where he went sightseeing when everyone else was chasing down LYJ) or JJY (wearing many hats as pro-gamer, CEO, musician etc.). Objectively, I think CTH has the most motivation to retire cos he doesn't really need 1N2D and he needs to do less risky stuff (like Radio Star), he has a family after all. Second would likely be YDG, cos he is an actor first and foremost and right from the point he joined 1N2D, he was pretty clear that it would be temporary.  

 

2. Taking a page from running man to keep status quo while expanding 'player' base to create new dynamics between members, in effort to keep ratings buoyant in the face of competition from Master in the House. From the recent SBS awards, it is pretty clear that the station is adamant to promote MitH as the poster boy for the station now that Running Man is entering its sunset years. I mean who better to fight for viewership than a former member of the best performing program on Sunday? 

 

3. Precursor to 1N2D season 4. The average age of the season 3 cast has reached ~39 years old and it will get increasingly difficult for the PD to do physically challenging or even embarrassing  activities without posing risks to the current members' health/dignity (the original concept of 1N2D is to earn food and sleep through silly activities). You can see with more recent episodes toning down on rigorous activities.

 

Personally, I am hoping that it is situation 2, I like the current members and will sorely miss my weekly happy pill. However, IMHO, it is most likely situation 3. Ultimately, 1N2D is KBS biggest cash cow and going concern is the number 1 priority of the station. The members are getting older, so its not a question of if, but a question of when; whether 1N2D S3 will go out with a whimper or a bang. 

 

I think the optimistic outlook is that the context of the internship hasn't really been elaborated. Whether or not Yongjin joins is still uncertain at this point. These 3 situations seem possible, but in my opinion, the outcomes for all 3 seem bad.

 

For 1, even if the member doesn't mind that you got his replacement to be on the show before he even leaves, the team dynamics will feel awkward when you have both the incoming and outgoing member together. They won't really know how to react so as to take care of both people's feelings. TH spoke a few words when 1n2d won best program at the awards about the team working harder in the new year so as to win the award again, so it'll be strange if he does leave after doing that. There's also the question of whether he will step down from Radio Star if Kyuhyun is ok with going back after his military service, but that's another topic. Can't say for JY and DG since reasons seem possible, but whether they have the intention is also unknown.

 

For 2, in the first place, I'm not sure the addition of Yongjin will work well in attracting new viewers. He's a cast on tvn's Comedy Big League but I don't have a clue about his popularity and image among the general public. He had impact as a guest but whether that will translate to popularity in the long run as a member isn't a given. In addition, 7 is a bad number to work with for team games in addition to 5 because you can't split teams evenly and that's going to be a planning nightmare. MitH won big with the SBS daesang, so Ilyong pd has to tread carefully and not inflict further damage instead.

 

For 3, if KBS does do a season 4 with a entirely new cast, there will be outrage definitely. You exclude JM who's been on the show on 10 years and whose name pretty much  equals the show. Even if you keep JM, he may likely not want to stay if the current members don't stay, since they really did a good job with assists with him as the main player (the other being JH) for 5 years. You can say the members had a significant part in the push for his daesang 2 years ago. If they are going to cut season 3, I think the better choice is to instead avoid a season 4 and do something else instead.

 

I've read some interesting comments online on chinese forums so I'll put them here as random comments:

- 1n2d looks like a program operating on a low budget, yet they can afford a new member???

- 1n2d ratings have always spiked before and after they win best program, whether it is due to Yongjin this time is still unknown.

- Someone posted a fanpic with the members and Yongjin minus JM. Though I don't think this is an indication of JM leaving, but it definitely makes you worry.

- Divided opinions over Yongjin being entertaining and him getting ahead of himself (like what Defconn did when the show just started, overenthusiastic). In my opinion, there's definitely a difference between how Yongjin reacts and how JH and JM react to punishments, I can't really say I'm a fan if I'm going to see those reactions every week.

-Some people consistently pick DG as the weak link (which I don't agree with) since the issue of member change was brought up and that earned some fierce response from others about still being bitter after DG joined for so long.

 

I'm currently just waiting for more clarification on the issue and looking out if there's anything worth noting in this week's episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PD ILYONG made announcement he will leave 1n2d s3 after 2 years & half wth 1n2d s3 as PD ..ceremony give his vest (he always wear )  to pd kim seong ...  pd kimseong with 1n2d since S2 

 

DvqC-fpUYAAZoHN.jpg

DvqC-frVsAE_0KC.jpg

DvqC-frVsAE_0KC.jpg

 

Spoiler

DvqDWspU8AA4QHF.jpg

 

will missed pdilyong....  can't   continue watch live streaming  after pd ilyong announce this news ... 

 

DvqHQZ2UYAAZ3Ue.jpg

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...