Quantcast
kjmcth

[Variety] Happy Sunday -1 Night, 2 Days (1박 2일) S3 :KBS 1N2D S3 GONNA MISS PD ILYONG 2019 :PAGE 447

New PD Of “2 Days & 1 Night” Reveals His Goals + Requests And Concerns Of Members

New PD Of “2 Days & 1 Night” Reveals His Goals + Requests And Concerns Of Members

Jan 14, 2019
by S. Park

The new producing director (PD) behind KBS 2TV’s “2 Days & 1 Night” has shared the cast’s thoughts on the show’s changes.

In December 2018, it was revealed that PD Yoo Il Yong would be stepping down from his position after seven years and that the show would now be led by PD Kim Sung.

PD Kim Sung took the reins beginning with the January 6 episode where he sent the members to a remote area that didn’t appear on the GPS and prohibited the use of the car’s heater and tents while sleeping outdoors.

The cast made viewers laugh by fighting back using the wilderness skills they had accumulated after being on the show for years. Comedian Lee Yong Jin also shined on the show as the new intern. This episode was a success and achieved a national average of 15.4 percent in viewership ratings.

In a phone interview with Maeil Business Newspaper’s Star Today, PD Kim Sung shared his outlook on the show and revealed that he met with each member separately before the first day of filming.

Kim-Sung.jpg

“At first, I wanted to have short conversations together, but it became long,” said the PD. “The members also were thinking a lot about ‘2 Days & 1 Night.’ I was thankful about that, and we talked about how we should go forward from here on out. I asked about their requests, and each of the members had different reactions.”

He continued, “Kim Jong Min said he wished we would give him more ramen. Cha Tae Hyun said he hopes we will boldly do what we want to do. Jung Joon Young gave me many new ideas. Kim Joon Ho gave me many ideas for games. Defconn, who has the character of ‘Anxious Pig,’ was worried from the start when I asked him to meet up. When I asked him what he wants to do, he said that it is a trap and said the opposite of everything. Yoon Shi Yoon is a character who works hard, and he blamed himself for not being funny. I told him that there is no need to do that and that it may be burdensome to forcefully do things to be funny.”

2-Days-1-Night_2.jpg

The PD joined the show as the associate producer on the second season. When asked if former main PDs Yoo Ho Jin and Lee Il Yong gave him advice, he replied, “The seniors both said the same thing. They said, ‘Do what you want to do,’ so I’m looking back to see what kind of person I am.”

He added, “Yoo Ho Jin and Yoo Il Yong said that it would be difficult when I become the main PD and that I need more time to calmly look back at myself. They said that I need to think about what I think is fun and use that to create the program in order to make it more full and fun. I can’t do it exactly as how someone else did it. There is criticism that the format is old because ‘2 Days & 1 Night’ is old. I am looking back on myself to bring change to those parts of the show.”

“2 Days & 1 Night” has been on air for over 10 years and has visited numerous sites in Korea. When asked if there is pressure to find a new destination, PD Kim Sung replied, “I have met with the writers from the first season. It may sound obvious, but they said that going somewhere we have already gone and seeing how it changed is also traveling. There are many good places in our country, and I have learned about many places while working on ‘2 Days & 1 Night.’ From the sea, mountain, and fields, there are endless amounts of scenery. I will work hard to find beautiful scenery that may be hidden places and tourist sites.”

“Kim Jun Ho said he wanted to invite his comedy mentor Joo Sung Chi, but I don’t know if it will be possible,” continued the PD. “For now, I want to figure this out amongst ourselves instead of with guests. The special I want to do is a tour with viewers. It is a tradition I want to carry on.”

He concluded, “As for what to watch out for this week? I created a format so that the ‘2 Days & 1 Night’ members can run around freely in nature’s scenery. I made it so that they have to drive, put up tents, and cook by themselves. It may seem small, but I wanted to give the message of giving autonomy to the members and that they all have to create the program. There will be less of a fixed frame than usual. Please look forward to the fun that will come out of their naturalness.”

2-Days-1-Night_3.jpg

• Like 2

been addicted to this on youtube mostly due to Donguu clips hes so charming in the recent episode though he was a lil quiet. Might be due to new member so he got less screen time or because hes doing drama stuff/MC day after filming? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 1/7/2019 at 12:48 PM, jayne21874 said:

I feel sorry for Racy Kim PD.

Either the members are getting better with their brains or the questions are too easy. But they are very considerate in playing one last game to get one member to sleep outdoor. Such a strong support for the new PD.

I believe Kim PD now knows that he can't be too easy with the boys. They may look weak and not smart, but they can be extremely lucky with Joonyoung factor :D

15.4% viewership rating this week, so I guess Yong Jin is not a bad addition. I'm still keeping an open mind about him.

Rating's are higher at the start so not sure if its due to him.

7 seems like to many people also. 

7 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Rating's are higher at the start so not sure if its due to him.

7 seems like to many people also. 

yongjin is okay.I stan behind him with all member.

• Like 1

Just now, Geumbi16 said:

yongjin is okay.I stan behind him with all member.

I just think 7 is to much quieter people will be cut more aka Donguu

• Like 1

Yongjin is not in the preview next week and they are doing a 3v3 for the new trip. There's no mention on the future of Yongjin's internship for the whole episode this week. They probably will address it next week since he's missing. 

I think Hojin and Ilyong pd's advice to Sung pd was really spot on. Do what you want to do. People may have a preference when styles are different, but the main pd should definitely have his own ideas and style that he wants to show others, so that people will know that you are not blindly following what works and actually thought things through. There were people who posted hate comments for Ilyong but ratings didn't suffer drastically during his 2.5 years term and 1n2d maintained its top spot for the time slot. So, I'm definitely looking forward to how Sung pd brings the show forward and really thankful for what Hojin and Ilyong pd had brought to the program with their skills and talent for these 5-6 years.

I'm curious about what Sung pd talked about with the members. Since it looks like it was recorded, hopefully we will see more of it in future episodes.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Hello and welcome to this thread discussion! For me, 7 is not too much since the show had many guests before like the global viewers episode, friends special episodes, etc. Actually Dong Gu got a lot of screen time with the intern. He is much funnier lately.   :mrgreen:

more gifsets on https://beyacuteful.tumblr.com/

tumblr_pl0uwfDM681ulcpgxo1_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_pl0uwfDM681ulcpgxo3_400.gif

tumblr_pl0uwfDM681ulcpgxo4_400.gif

tumblr_pl0uwfDM681ulcpgxo2_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_pl0uwfDM681ulcpgxo6_400.gif

tumblr_pl0uwfDM681ulcpgxo7_400.gif

tumblr_pl0uwfDM681ulcpgxo8_400.gif

• Like 1

We've been seeing this Trio lately. I love this Young Boys Group aka "We're-All-Players" Group aka Coffee Prince- Boss-Employee Relationship!      :wub:

tumblr_plbuktJpNT1ulcpgxo1_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_plbuktJpNT1ulcpgxo2_400.gif

tumblr_plbuktJpNT1ulcpgxo3_400.gif

tumblr_plbuktJpNT1ulcpgxo4_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_plbuktJpNT1ulcpgxo5_400.gif

tumblr_plbuktJpNT1ulcpgxo6_400.gif

tumblr_plbuktJpNT1ulcpgxo7_400.gif

tumblr_plbuktJpNT1ulcpgxo8_400.gif

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, beyaruth said:

Hello and welcome to this thread discussion! For me, 7 is not too much since the show had many guest before like the global viewers episode, friends special episodes, etc. Actually Dong Gu got a lot of screen time with the intern. He is much funnier lately. :mrgreen:

Hide contents

Hide contents

6 people with guests sometimes i can accept but i dunno 7 people just seems a bit over kill but maybe ill it , i have not seen those scenes just the snow themed one's is this from the newest episode or one before. 

I love that this show continues to give funny special awards yearly.  That those who didn't win any award at KBS Entertainment Awards were able to get 1 here.   :joy:

more gifsets on https://beyacuteful.tumblr.com/

tumblr_pkyzmet1KU1ulcpgxo1_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_pkyzmet1KU1ulcpgxo2_400.gif

tumblr_pkyzmet1KU1ulcpgxo3_400.gif

tumblr_pkyzmet1KU1ulcpgxo4_400.gif

tumblr_pkyzmet1KU1ulcpgxo5_400.gif

tumblr_pkyzmet1KU1ulcpgxo6_400.gif

tumblr_pkyzmet1KU1ulcpgxo7_400.gif

tumblr_pkyzmet1KU1ulcpgxo8_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_pkyzmet1KU1ulcpgxo9_400.gif

tumblr_pkyzmet1KU1ulcpgxo10_400.gif

tumblr_inline_pkyzc3UWMw1tghbv0_540.gif

• LOL 1

5 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Time will tell. I think it might depend on the specific episode and even how tired members might be from busy schedules, etc.. In this latest episode, I thought Donggu, Cha Tae Hyun and Joon Young were all on the quieter side, but I didn't think that was the case in the first part of this trip or previous episodes including Yongjin. Seven may be too much but it also might end up giving members a bit of a break from time to time. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

That's what I think too...hope the 3 won't be affected in exposures in the next episodes....

13 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

no at all actually.I saw donggu is actually respond and great with yongjin actually.He get decent amount of exposure since yongjin came e.g the fishing scene and the last episode donggu actualy really funny when kim jongmin missed human bowling.I realize all the member really help each other to get each own airtime

• Like 2

7 hours ago, qynn said:

Time will tell. I think it might depend on the specific episode and even how tired members might be from busy schedules, etc.. In this latest episode, I thought Donggu, Cha Tae Hyun and Joon Young were all on the quieter side, but I didn't think that was the case in the first part of this trip or previous episodes including Yongjin. Seven may be too much but it also might end up giving members a bit of a break from time to time. 

Agree.It able us to learn about yongjin as well.About the airtime,lets not worried since every member got a decent amount of airtime.I believe.

• Like 1

As long as I can remember, the show has originally 7 members in Season 1. They became 6 members in season 2 when Joowon quit and continued to season 3. It's an odd number but not unseen before.

I don't mind about odd or even numbers, as long as they blend well and shine together. 

The strength of season 1 is comedic combo of Hodong and Sugeun. They fill and complete each other in loud ways. 

Season 2 only Sugeun remained between the two in the gang, and with no equal opposite comedic character, he toned down and despite he was not the oldest, he led the pack in more heartwarming group. 

Season 3 Joonho is flying solo as a comedian. Sure there is Jongmin as his frenemy but no one can really match him. The rest of the pack are feeders to his antics. And there is nothing wrong with that. We have countless hilarious Joonho moments. But maybe, just maybe, someone with comedic background can help him to be more, lets just say, ridiculously funny. 

So it's not really about Yongjin personally, but more of a person that can bring better quality to the show. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jayne21874 said:

As long as I can remember, the show has originally 7 members in Season 1. They became 6 members in season 2 when Joowon quit and continued to season 3. It's an odd number but not unseen before.

I don't mind about odd or even numbers, as long as they blend well and shine together. 

The strength of season 1 is comedic combo of Hodong and Sugeun. They fill and complete each other in loud ways. 

Season 2 only Sugeun remained between the two in the gang, and with no equal opposite comedic character, he toned down and despite he was not the oldest, he led the pack in more heartwarming group. 

Season 3 Joonho is flying solo as a comedian. Sure there is Jongmin as his frenemy but no one can really match him. The rest of the pack are feeders to his antics. And there is nothing wrong with that. We have countless hilarious Joonho moments. But maybe, just maybe, someone with comedic background can help him to be more, lets just say, ridiculously funny. 

So it's not really about Yongjin personally, but more of a person that can bring better quality to the show. 

yes.If im not mistake it was 7 member.I guess on season 2 it quiet promising and after bird pd left i guess the suffered critisim due the concept i guess but lee sugeun probably lose kang hodong presence which he carried as mc too.

i hope yong jin join with 1n2d as permanent member since as i remember 1n2d has 7 member in the past season 1, and with yong jin they can make hilarious trio with jong min and joon ho XD

• Like 1

I looked through the time period of the different cast members for season 1 and could only find a 20 episode period after JM came back that the program worked with 7 members. By the sypnopsis for that time period, there was pretty much no team games.

Season 2 consistently worked with 7 members, so that would actually be the better reference. Going by this, season 2 doesn't really have a lot of mentions when you see topics on 1n2d as a whole. I don't think the number of members is the main reason for this, but going through season 2 would likely give a better perspective of the pros and cons of working with 7 members.

• Thanks 1