Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pechumori

[Upcoming Movie 2014] ROMANCING GAME 로맨싱게임

KANG JI HWAN CAST AS MAIN LEAD IN THE MOVIE "ROMANCING GAME"
translated by: KJH PHILIPPINE OPERATOR Oct.31, 2013

576577_528092483940339_426908592_n.jpg

Kang Ji Hwan will return to the big screen.

Today, Oct. 31. 2013. according to the filmmakers, Kino Pictures, Kang Ji Hwan was cast in the role of the main character Jin-woo for the movie "Romancing Game" which will be directed by Han Deok Jeon.

Kang Ji Hwan will play the role of Jin Woo, the "leave no trace thief".

"Romancing Game" is the story of a thief who also knows how to steal a woman's heart. The movie will be a blend of romance and thrilling action.

Kang Ji Hwan was the lead for the movies, "Rough Cut", "My Girlfriend is an Agent" and last year's "Runway Cop".

He is currently filming the movie, "Shoot the Sun".

The "Romancing Game" will start shooting this coming December and will be released next year.

sources: roky@mtstarnews.com
ebada@sbs.co.kr

Facebook Page:
Romancing Game 로맨싱게임

Kang Ji-hwan to Take Lead in Romantic Action Movie
2013/11/01 by Cory Lee

Korean actor Kang Ji-hwan will jump into filming a new film less than a month after he wrapped up filming another movie.

Kang has taken the male leading role of new film, tentatively titled “Romancing Game,” his agency Choeun Company said in a press release Friday.

The 36-year-old actor will take on notorious thief named Jin-woo, who can also steal a woman’s heart easily opposite to female detective named Hye-soon who is clumsy at romantic relationship.

The upcoming film with both romance and action will crank this month, set to open in the local theaters next year.

Meanwhile, Kang this morning wrapped up filming his new film, tentatively titled “Shoot the Sun,” co-starring actress Yoon Jin-seo and rookie actor Park Jung-min.

Reporter. Cory Lee

<ⓒ Korea Entertainment Media Co., LTD. (www.tenasia.com)

529403_216581111849827_1249626873_n.jpg

source: Romancing Game 로맨싱게임

Kang Ji-hwan plays lady-killer thief in action rom-com
by javabeans
| October 31, 2013

1454682_216626828511922_956318297_n.jpg

Kang Ji-hwan has been cast in a new movie, and he’ll be heading back to rom-com-land (wheeee) with Romancing Game, which follows the sweet romance between a thief who knows how to steal ladies’ hearts (along with the actual things he robs) and a female detective who’s a novice in love.

The movie will meld “dynamic action” with rom-com elements as Kang Ji-hwan plays an elusive thief, which sounds like just the kind of role he’d be great at. Granted, I love him being dramatic as well, but he really does have a knack for comic timing and physical comedy (see: Coffee House, Level 7 Civil Servant). I won’t get fully excited until we know who his leading lady will be, but I’m liking what we’ve got so far. And while the playboy-versus-romantic-rookie pairing is an ever-familiar one, I like that this setup balances the power dynamic by making the inexperienced dater the authority figure. Should make for some comic hijinks, I think. (I hope!)

Kang also has another movie in the works that’ll wrap before this one begins; the low-budget film Shoot for the Sun is currently in its latter stages of filming. Romancing Game will begin filming in November.

Via Osen
credit: dramabeans

Yay! Tq for opening this thread. I was reading abt this news this morning n was thinking of opening a thread for it but I'm not good at uploading images, so decided to wait for someone else to do it. KJH is one of my fave actor n I watched most of his dramas n movies, love his smile n his comedic timing. Can't wait to see who the actress will be. :)

class="entry-title"Kang Ji Hwan Signs On for Romantic Game with Reported Leading Lady Han Ji Min
Posted on November 1, 2013 by ockoala

1384029_592937864075762_74062782_n.jpg

It’s usually movie-drama-movie-drama toggling for Kang Ji Hwan, equally at ease on the big screen as well as the small. This year he started off with The Incarnation of Money with Hwang Jung Eum on SBS followed by filming a road trip movie in the US called Shoot for the Sun with Yoon Jin Seo. Along the way he formed his own management company and held a fan meeting in Japan. I was fairly expecting him to do a drama in early 2014 but he’s switched up his routine and will be back in movie land filming Romantic Game starting next month. The movie is described as an action romance and follows the hijinks of a master thief who is adept at lifting precious goods as well as ladies hearts. That’s what I call a two-fer talent. The romance part comes when he gets mixed up with a newbie detective hot on his tracks, who is described as a total beginner in the love department. Of course she is, if one is a genius expert the other must be a noob. The second I read romance in the description my attention zoomed to finding out who his leading lady will be. She’s not confirmed yet, but digging around has revealed that Han Ji Min is reportedly lined up to reunite him with Kang Ji Hwan from when they did Capital Scandal together. I wasn’t a fan of that drama or pairing, but I recollect there was a rabid fanbase and quite a dedicated shipping thread for those two so something must’ve worked right. The story and characterizations in that drama never quite hooked me in, but Kang Ji Hwan and Han Ji Min were adorable together. This should be fantastic if she is confirmed. Kang Ji Hwan is one of those male leads who has actually repeated with his famous leading ladies often, which is pretty rare in K-ent. He did 90 days in Love with Kim Ha Neul, then 7th Level Civil Servant. Similarly he did Hong Gil Dong with Sung Yuri and later Runway Cop together. Han Ji Min would be his third repeat leading lady, and all that’s left to satisfy is if he does a movie with Yoon Eun Hye soon. That would be like winning the lottery for me.

Han Ji Min is currently filming The King’s Wrath with Hyun Bin, but she’s reportedly wrapping up next month on that movie.

credit: koalasplayground

@chandrika, welcome to soompi. I am so happy that you made your first post here.

@Scorpio18, thank you for thinking of opening a thread for KJH's new movie too. I will try my best to keep this thread updated. I have also been updating the thread for his other movie, "Shoot the Sun". I hope they keep the title. It has been attracting a lot of viewers as early as now.

I have known that Han Ji Min was reported to be his leading lady, but i cannot post it yet the other day because it has not been confirmed until now.

I haven't seen Capital Scandal, so I couldn't comment much on Kang Ji Hwan and Han Ji Min as an onscreen tandem. But, they make a great couple visual wise to me. If she were to take on Romancing Game, I'd be interested to see the chemistry that she'll have with him.

Kang Ji-hwan in "Romancing Games"

2013/11/03

1453334_530417123707875_347274065_n.jpg

Actor Kang Ji-hwan is starring in the movie "Romancing Games".

He's been cast for title role of the movie that will crank in this November.

"Romancing Games" is about the romance and action between a thief who knows how to steal a woman's heart and a female cop.

Kang Ji-hwan is Jin-woo, the thief who appears and disappears as he likes.

He says, "I am excited to meet the public with such a great movie and I hope to see you soon".

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c...

http://www.hancinema.net/kang-ji-hwan-in-romancing-games-62325.html

@ebulli3nt, Kang Ji Hwan and Han Ji Min had a great chemistry in "Capital Scandal",  :)

The Hancinema link of "Romancing Game"

http://www.hancinema.net/korean_movie_Romancing_Games.php

Actor Kang Ji-Hwan is cast in new movie ROMANCING GAME.
Actor Kim Jung-Tae is also cast in a supporting role.

In the film ROMANCING GAME, Kang Ji-Hwan plays a Casanova like thief able to make women fall in love with him with ease. A female detective, who is not so good with romance, then begins a romancing game with the thief. Casting for the female detective yet to be announced.

Filming for ROMANCING GAME begins November, 2013.
credit: Asianwiki Facebook

http://asianwiki.com/Romancing_Game

This early, I am trying to imagine how KJH would be able to portray the role of the "Casanova" in his upcoming movie, "Romancing Game". But let's face it, this guy could easily steal any woman's heart!  :x
credit: DC KJH (this is one of his Thai DVD pictures that was just released last Oct. 25, 2013) 

1461031_594878837214998_735474587_n.jpg

source: Kang Ji Hwan 강지환

KJH'S LATEST TWEET VIA HIS OFFICIAL TWITTER ACCOUNT
@Kangjihwan_ 11/5/13
translation credit: CHOEUN COMPANY

I cut my hair after successfully shooting my movie.I will start another movie next week after resting this week. Be careful of catching a cold

1452326_217749818399623_1265600731_n.jpg

According to both the Hancinema and Asianwiki links of "Romancing Game", Kim Jeong Tae is also included in the cast of the movie.

539183_218075458367059_2131295652_n.jpg

Kim Jeong Tae has been confirmed to be one of the cast as early as Feb. 26, 2013 by his agency, Double M Entertainment. He will play the role of Hwang Sa-jang(황사장).

by: the KJH Philippine Operator
credit: Baeseonyoung reporter sypova@mydaily.co.kr, hancinema and asianwiki
photo credit: My Daily Photo DB

With His Legal Troubles Behind Him, Kang Ji Hwan Is Up For "Romancing Games"
by Joan MacDonald   Nov 06, 2013

1459306_595854700450745_965230423_n.jpg

Now that his legal troubles are behind him, actor Kang Ji Hwan is ready to focus on his career. A few weeks ago the actor's ongoing dispute with his former agency, S. Plus Entertainment, was finally decided in court.

When the star of "The Incarnation of Money" tried to leave S. Plus Entertainment, the agency charged him with breach of contract. They claimed he owed them a few more months on his contract. While he was signed with them he could not work for a few months, due to a problem he had with Jambo Entertainment, the agency that previously represented him. Eventually the Seoul courts denied S. Plus Entertainment's claims that Kang owed them anything.

But the case was complicated by rumors about their disagreement.

Rumors surfaced that Kang physically assaulted his manager at his former agency and behaved badly toward members of the staff. The actor denied having any problems with his manager and sued the agency for defamation, saying they purposely spread the rumors to tarnish his reputation.

"It is unfortunate that people make up such false and vicious reports," he said at the time. "The reports are ludicrous."

He recently won the defamation case. The courts found that S. Plus Entertainment had to pay Kang Ji Hwan damages for spreading false rumors that might negatively affect his reputation.

As a result of these conflicts, he decided not to sign with another agency but rather to found his own.

"I am working on founding my own agency so that I can focus solely on my career without any distraction," said the actor.

Fortunately, his ongoing legal battles have not damaged his career in a significant way.

Last year the actor played an overzealous detective in "Detective Cha," a gender-reversal spin on the Sandra Bullock movie "Miss Congeniality." He was a cop who thought little of his personal appearance until he had to go undercover as a runway model to catch a criminal.

In his new film, "Romancing Games," he plays a thief who knows how to steal a woman's heart. And the woman whose heart he will steal is a police officer.

As an actor Kang Ji Hwan is also known for playing the man who inspired Yoon Eun Hye to tell lies in the drama "Lie To Me." He played Lee Cha Don, the leading character in the weekend series "The Incarnation of Money." Kang's first drama was "Summer Scent" and his film debut was in "Host and Guest." He is appeared in the comedy film  "My Girlfriend Is An Agent," which later inspired the drama "Level 7 Civil Servant."

credit: kdramastars

ROMANCE GAME Locks KANG Ji-hwan for Lead
by Pierce Conran / Nov 06, 2013
ROUGH CUT Star's New Film Cranks in This Month

http://koreanfilm.or.kr/jsp/news/news.jsp?blbdComCd=601006&seq=2750&mode=VIEW#sthash.bj99Zaw4.uxfs

KANG JI HWAN...ONE OF THE TOP FIVE MOST SUCCESSFUL MUSICAL ACTORS TURNED CELEBRITIES

Kang Ji Hwan landed on the 4th place (with 7% of the votes) in a survey conducted for "The top five most successful musical actor
turned celebrities" which were chosen by 1,301 of the viewers of Arirang TV through the poll on their Facebook fan page.

Kang Ji Hwan made his debut through the musical "Rocky Horror Show" in 2002. This musical is famous for having many revealing scenes and Kang Ji Hwan captivated many girls with his handsome looks and perfect figure from the beginning. Two years later, Kang Ji Hwan played the lead in the musical "Grease". He showed us his exceptional singing and acting skills and quickly became one of the hottest stars in the musical scene.

However, later he revealed that while he was receiving so much leads as a musical actor, he still dreamed of becoming a screen actor. His dream came true as he starred in the drama, "If you only knew" in 2004. Since then, he was cast in many hit dramas, such as "Be Strong Geum Soon", "Incarnation of Money" and more and recognized for his acting skills. After successfully making a name for himself as a screen actor, Kang Ji Hwan returned to the musical stage not only as an actor but also a producer. It was through the original Korean musical "Cafe In" This musical recently started its first overseas role in Japan and Kang Ji hwan also became a New Korean Wave star.

by KJH Philippine Operator
credit: http://tvcast.naver.com/v/96305?flashVars