Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jwand

[Upcoming Chinese Drama] My Sweet City 甜蜜都市

My Sweet City 甜蜜都市

U82P736T33D383F413DT20131111152247.jpg

(China and South Korea joint production)

Language: Mandarin

Episodes: 34 episodes

Broadcast Network: TBA

Broadcast Dates: TBA

Cast

Zhang Xinyi as Wu Su Wei

Lu Fangsheng as Wen Junjie

Henry Lau as Pengbo Yu

Zheng Rosie as Nina

Wang Shimeng as Cai Xia Yan

Sources: Sina/Weibo, baike.baidu.com, twitter.com

Henry Takes Lead In Upcoming Chinese Drama 'My Sweet City'

Henry is ready to show fans more of his secret talents!

The SM Entertainment solo singer and Super Junior-M member has been cast in an upcoming Chinese remake of the 2008 SBS drama My Sweet City.

Henry has signed on to play the male lead and will head to China soon to start filming.

According to a statement SM Entertainment made to Star News on Wednesday, "After Henry wraps up his solo promotions, he will travel to China to film My Sweet City."

"Henry is the main lead in this drama and an older woman will be cast as the female lead for their love line," explained the SM rep.

The source at Henry's agency also said that the singer will remain in China for approximately three months for the show's filming.

In My Sweet City, the 23-year-old Chinese-Canadian K-Pop sensation will play the role of a young, up-and-coming movie director.

He will reportedly be playing opposite 32-year-old Chinese actress Xinyi Zhang.

My Sweet City will mark Henry's first major lead acting role.

Source: KpopStarz.com http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/38766/20130823/henry-super-junior-m-chinese-drama-my-sweet-city.htm

00221910da6c1383a7ce11.jpgChinese actress Zhang Xinyi covers COSMOPOLITAN magazine. [Photo/ent.news.cn]

Kpop/Kdrama: New Idol Casting Is International

By Joan MacDonald, KDramaStars.com, August 23, 2013

Three kpop idols have snagged new acting roles, two of them in China. Super Junior M's Henry Lau and Choi Siwon and 2PM's Hwang Chansung can now add some more credits to their resumes.

Henry Lau, the Taiwanese-Canadian singer and actor will appear in a new Chinese drama, "My Sweet City." It will be his first leading role.

According to SM Entertainment, his management agency, he will travel to China shortly after he finishes promotions for his latest single, "1-4-3 (I Love You)," which features f(x) singer Amber. That single followed his solo debut with the song "Trap."

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/10238/20130823/kpop-kdrama-new-idol-casting-promising.htm

Henry Lau, Zhang Xinyi, and Lu Fangsheng are playing the characters previously played by Ji Hyun Woo, Choi Kang Hee, and Lee Sun Kyun in the 2008 SBS drama series.
(Photo from weibo.com)7f1d47dejw1e8qx6b9wuej20pc0i9dke.jpg

676268_1_1.jpg

My Sweet City has begun filming in the city of Huizhou in China.
1309172054_1_321451_3aef8514468126e.jpg?

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 11:13 AM EDT

Super Junior-M Henry Leaves for China to Begin Filming, 'My Sweet City'

Super Junior-M member Henry will be leaving for China this Chuseok to begin filming for the Chinese drama, "My Sweet City."

Henry, who has recently made his solo debut with "Trap," has been gaining much attention.

SM Entertainment confirmed today that he will be going off to China to begin filming.

"My Sweet City" will be a 30 episode drama that is a remake of a Korean SBS drama with the same title.

Henry will play a role of man who falls in love with a woman in her 30's, making this a couple with a big age gap.

He will be in China to film for the next 3-4 months for this drama.

Another drama, "One and a Half Summer" features 2PM Nichkhun and miss A Jia and is also another production being oversees by CJ E&M.

Source: KpopStarz.com http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/41947/20130918/super-junior-m-henry-leaves-for-china-to-begin-filming-my-sweet-city.htm

@jwandSo far, it's a fan channel so I hope they'll get the license for it. 
Yes, I think you could be a great thread captain like @the_girl_who. Speaking of her, Nina are you interested in this drama?

Some of the cast and crew are microblogging from the set. Actress Zheng Rosie who plays a girlfriend of the female protagonist shared photos of fan club members visiting her on the set.
55b2946bjw1e8qjimosoxj20qo140qba.jpg

A blogger in Huizhou, China took photos of yesterday afternoon's filming for My Sweet City.
3cfbd3d1jw1e8uhqmjhg0j218g0p1jxt.jpg
(Photo from weibo.com)

(Photo from weibo.com)92742028.jpg
Zhang Xinyi filming My Sweer City. She plays the heroine previously played by Choi Kang Hee.

My Sweet City is filming at a coffee shop with the actresses that play the trio of girlfriends.
(Photo from weibo.com)6ff3ed09jw1e92c2f1p6cj218g0xcwo9.jpg

@laquetahodge
Zhang Xinyi does a lot of modeling. In some of her photos, she reminds me of Lee Min Jung.

Henry Lau sitting with the crew during My Sweet City filming. Most of the filming so far has involved the actresses only.
751b1930gw1e92lpw63urj20am0e8q3k.jpg
(Photo from weibo.com)