thesplatman

do you miss highschool?

I do.. I miss my grade school/high school days. It was carefree, you don't get to pay bills.lol You get money/allowance without working. I miss the friendships I've made then. Treasure every moment. You'll have a lot of happy memories to look back to when you're older and lonely. 

Yeah sort of...I miss the days where I can freely meet up with my friends without worrying about conflicting schedules and whatnot. Work life can be so busy you don't have time for yourself and others sometimes. Also highschool makes you exercise and the deskbound job I have now has made me into a lazy potato. I miss the days where they make you exercise during P.E and do sports that you may not enjoy as weird as that may sound lol. I mean at least you have a free exercise program to keep you fit lol.

However, I definitely don't miss all the homework and exams that come with school haha. To this day I still have nightmares on exams dunno why..haha

I used to a lot. The first few years of college were the hardest. I missed seeing my friends on a daily basis and looking forward to having class with them. I miss not having adult worries...ya know. I went to a big university so sometimes I don't know anyone in my class of 300 students. I missed the smaller class sizes and I miss my teacher knowing who I was. But I think what I missed most was the structure that high school gave me in my daily routine: Woke up, ate, went to school, attended classes, played soccer, ate dinner, did homework or study, sleep/squander time on the internet, repeat. It was so simple. My biggest goal in high school was to get into a good college/university, that's what was ingrained into my brain, so I did as much as I could in high school to make me look like a well rounded person. When I got into college things changed. I had to know what I wanted to major in, I was a nobody in a sea of bodies, I had 4-5 years to figure it out, I had time between classes, and necessarily did not need to be present in class; I had freedom I never had in high school. This was good and bad: I learned a lot in high school but I did a lot of growing up in college. The last semester prior to graduating I wasn't sure if I went into the right career but I was too far along and couldn't disappoint my family and friends; the internal turmoil was at it's peak. Since graduation, 3 years ago for me, I have been working in my field, at first I didn't like it but once you learn enough to be independent, troubleshoot, and not be so scared to ask for help, it is not THAT bad. I still often times think about high school and the good old memories, even about college and the good old memories. I do miss learning, sitting in a class room, and taking notes; maybe I just miss that 'student' identity in my life. But I would NOT do it all over again, I can always become a student again if I want. I like that what I miss will just stay in my memories. I still keep in contact with my high school friends, we hangout to talk about the good old times once in a while.

i am actually not very fond of studying but i did enjoy my high school days. so many memories and happy moments with friends. if i can just turn back time. i would like to experience those moments again and again.

I think I still remember high school and you can watch movies, tv show and anime

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not post unknown URL

Yes! being an adult is so hard T-T. Of course high school was very tough for me too...but compared to now, being a kid is less stressful T-T

Nah. You can say I miss some parts, like playing on the tennis team and being in the school plays. Those things I really miss because in the adult world, I don't get to play tennis with my friends everyday and I don't get to regularly play against competition at other schools. I don't get to perform in theater anymore with hundreds of people watching me. I really miss those things. I also miss being surrounded by kids that grew up with me since elementary and middle school and just having people to talk to on a daily basis

I don't really miss high school. I do however miss some of the teachers I had and some of my former classmates, especially I knew most of them since grade school. I don't miss the bullying and people constantly putting each other down. 

I don't miss my high school days. I wasn't independent and I didn't have a car. I never travelled outside the country during my high school years. And I didn't have much change in my routine.