yeohweping

[Drama 2013] The Gu Family Book 구가의 서

Suzy is cute. I'm kind of surprised that they didn't go with someone more experienced but Suzy definitely brings a lot to the table in terms of popularity.

Thank you alysanne, now I'm wondering why their names are listed as the supporting casts on page 1 of this thread. 
Regarding Suzy's casting, I'm praying hard to this drama will be Suzy's breakthrough role. I trust her and the production company, there must be a reason why they chose Lee Seung Gi & Suzy. 
It looks like this drama will begin its first filming soon, someone posted episode 1 script on twitter earlier today: 
Gu_Family_Ep1_Script_zps39d772ea.jpg
cr: YunEunjung via lsgfan

Looking forward to hearing more news about this drama (including the correct translation of the title as I saw 5 different English titles!) and the rest of the casts. 

@vi4: Wow, thanks for posting that!  
Has Suzy really signed up for this, or are the news outfits still relying on old casting speculations?

I was about to post a news about the air date, but I've seen that @xopo17 had already done that.
About the title... allkpop says that now is The Book of the House of Gu, previously translated with Guga medical Book.
The first time I said that I don't like Suzy for the role I was kind of affraid that people would say that I am a hater o something like that, I don't really care about her, so I don't hate her, but I don't think she has the ability and she is everywhere. Is Seung Gi mature and experienced enough to work with an unexperienced actress?
Right now I can only trust the PD (Secret Garden and A Gentleman's Dignity) and the writer (King of Baking Kim Tak Gu). I am not sure about the writer. though...

Hi @everyone :-h. I've never seen any dramas by Suzy. Any recommendation? Just thinking that perhaps I should watch her drama to get some feel on her acting... Thanks :\">

@jay9 She was in Dream High and in Big, but if you want to see her act you can watch Architecture 101. It's always easier to watch a movie than it is to watch a drama. At least it's shorter. If you choose a drama, I would choose Dream High. Big was worse. On the other hand, that is just my opinion.

Thanks @Hannahmiriam. Saw that there's Dream High 2. It's not by the same actress?

@jay9: I would suggest Dream High as well if you're going for a drama, but critics have praised her in Architecture 101.  The nice thing about Dream High is her character virtually admits that she's emotionless, so there's some meta humor there.  LOL.  Also, the story is pretty good; Big, not so much.  

Hello everyone, To be honest, I'm worried with LSG-Suzy pairing...at first, I hope they will choose another actress for that role. But since it was confirmed that Suzy will stay, i'll try to be positive. I hope Suzy will prove herself worth for that role.

I like Suzy, She’s a beautiful girl and also a talented idol.I still dont know the plot but I think they can make a lovely couple. just imagine them as saguk Lovers…they both are lovely.

:x

@mary2010 I don't doubt her beauty or talent as an idol, what I doubt is her ability as an actress. In fact, none of them is an experienced actor - even though Seung Gi did a great job in King 2Hearts.

I like Suzy, She’s a beautiful girl and also a talented idol.I still dont know the plot but I think they can make a lovely couple. just imagine them as saguk Lovers…they both are lovely.

:x Hannahmiriam said: @mary2010 I don't doubt her beauty or talent as an idol, what I doubt is her ability as an actress. In fact, none of them is an experienced actor - even though Seung Gi did a great job in King 2Hearts.

@mary2010 Well, The Princess' Man was Park Shi Hoo's 8th drama and Moon Chae Won's 7th. I knew he was a good actor since Prosecutor Princess and I knew that was a good actress since Shinning Inheritance. So it's not surprising. I haven's seen him in his previous dramas, but I've heard he did a good job even before Prosecutor Princess. We have to admit that the two pairings can't be compared. 
I almost didn't watch Shinning Inheritance because I didn't like the lead (yes, Seung Gi, that's when I've first heard of him). He didn't convince me in My Gilfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox either, but he was unbelievable better in King 2 Hearts. That's what I like about him. He doesn't give up, but gets better and better. Don't get me wrong, he is one of favorite Korean singers, actors and entertainers, but I also see his flaws. I hope that director will give him the support he needs and he will do a great job.
On the other hand, Suzy's acting was worse in Big than in Dream High (maybe her emotionless character in Dream High helped her). But I try to trust the eyes of the director and scriptwriter (King of Baking was Joo Won's first drama and he did a great job, so maybe the scriptwitter has an eye for newbies and she saw Suzy's potential).

Hannahmiriam said: @mary2010 Well, The Princess' Man was Park Shi Hoo's 8th drama and Moon Chae Won's 7th. I knew he was a good actor since Prosecutor Princess and I knew that was a good actress since Shinning Inheritance. So it's not surprising. I haven's seen him in his previous dramas, but I've heard he did a good job even before Prosecutor Princess. We have to admit that the two pairings can't be compared. 
I almost didn't watch Shinning Inheritance because I didn't like the lead (yes, Seung Gi, that's when I've first heard of him). He didn't convince me in My Gilfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox either, but he was unbelievable better in King 2 Hearts. That's what I like about him. He doesn't give up, but gets better and better. Don't get me wrong, he is one of favorite Korean singers, actors and entertainers, but I also see his flaws. I hope that director will give him the support he needs and he will do a great job.
On the other hand, Suzy's acting was worse in Big than in Dream High (maybe her emotionless character in Dream High helped her). But I try to trust the eyes of the director and scriptwriter (King of Baking was Joo Won's first drama and he did a great job, so maybe the scriptwitter has an eye for newbies and she saw Suzy's potential).

Suzy is cute and Seunggi and her both have the whole likable thing down. I do think they'd be a really adorable couple.  But I don't know much about her acting. I find it hard to criticize her for Big considering the show was such a mess.  Actors need well written stories to work with.  That's why I worry more about the writer than her.   Her age is a slight issue for me and the fact that there are more talented actresses out there who could use the work, but Seunggi isn't even the oldest guy she's worked with and not originally an actor so I can't complain too much.  I'm willing to give her a chance.

This forum should have a "Totally agree with you" button. That's exactly what I think, @star+roll (By the way, welcome on Soompi). 
@mary2010 I've already said that I'll trust the director and the writer in choosing the leads. And I would never complain about Seung Gi being in a drama. I just hope he will be at least as good as he was in K2H - no more Ha Ji Won, though... 

you know now my biggest worry is Seung gi dressing & hair do in Seguek drama! Its going to be 30 episodes so please cody-nim please make him looked super handsome ok!   ^:)^

and @hannahmiriam, I am confident LSG acting will be better but worry Suzy pulled him down, as we know co-lead performance is very important and affect each other.