Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

My question is the same as Kimura Taro.

Who gave DSR intel that the countess and and that goofy count were on the train a few episodes back? Obviously, it wasn't KT. So is it possible someone else in the force is acting as a double agent without KT knowing?

I am still holding hope for Rie is actually a double agent, that made up some story about her parents to the Japanese "father". The other person would be Professor Yang Baek, who has not been introduced(I think). Who is this person????

Yes, that's right my friends out there. Our country is one of those conquered by Japanese. That's why there are news even these days that Japanese tourist being killed because  residents could not forget the nightmare in their life and to their families even if happened previous years back.Are these kind of drama being shown in Japan? What do they think watching this kind of brutal and devilish act. 

Hi Everyone,

Bridal Mask Episodes 13-14 English Soft-Sub Subtitles are out.

image-787C_4FC62E71.jpg

Bridal Mask Episodes 13-14 English Subtitles is a Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4767-bridal-mask-2012/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

rewatching past episodes and im glad the comedy relief is not being overdone in this drama...i have lost too much hair and worn out half my teeth from grinding because of over the top trying hard to be funny, corny comedic scenes in  dramas..Abe is such a teddy bear - sooooooooooooooo adorablelove the countess scene with shunji - ROFL so awkward he had to look awaythe ahjumma and ahjussi at the circus - LOVE THEM people in this drama are just too funny

I really wish the writers wouldn't have made Shinji into such a horrible monster....I had hope that he can find salvation in the end but he's way beyond that now.  If he was to suddenly turn "good" in the end, I don't think I can accept that after all he's done.  He is pure evil now where his desire to capture Gaksital is more important than human lives.  The only way he can find redemption now is to sacrifice himself for the rebel's cause to reclaim their country and hopefully save Gaksital in the end.  
I can't even imagine how the writers will resolve the conflict between KT and SJ but I know it's going to be hard because they were such good friends.

My question is the same as Kimura Taro.

Who gave DSR intel that the countess and and that goofy count were on the train a few episodes back? Obviously, it wasn't KT. So is it possible someone else in the force is acting as a double agent without KT knowing?

I am still holding hope for Rie is actually a double agent, that made up some story about her parents to the Japanese "father". The other person would be Professor Yang Baek, who has not been introduced(I think). Who is this person????

What really captured me with this drama is JW's and PKW's performances and of course our OTP, JW-YSY. I couldn't watch BM without them. The spike torturing scene is really rocking me to the core, just to think how can someone do this to a human being. The more you hate to watch Shunji, the more I realise how good KW portraying the character. It was particularly hard to watch Shunji's face when he actually enjoyed rocking back and forth the spike cage. I found not only JW but PKW is also such an excellent actor and what I found hilarious is the fact that in an interview, PKW said that he knows his character and JW's will fight to the very end but he knows that his character will loose out because JW is the main lead LOL: Both of them deserve an award equally, one of being a hero and the other for being an ultimate villain. What I still hard to understand is how can he love someone with such an intensel jealousy couId even think of capturing her and torturing her? In other dramas, what I have seen and get to know that most villains however evil he is, he still has a soft side when it comes to the one he loves. I fear that this drama may not do at all well or probably won't even get broadcast in Japan because of its sensitivity. I can't image Japanese people want to watch and relive the atrocity they brought and have done to their colonies.

I agree that the drama may not need romance to get us viewers sticking like glue to the screen but I am sure everyone would agree that romance will at least lighten up our mood. All the running, devious plots and schemings and especially the torture scenes really wear me out, my brain really hurts after watching them. Only the romance side that keeps me sane. So please, I hope like others' prediction that there will be more romance for our OTP in next week's episodes.

Today's episode although I didn't get a chance to watch it all reveals BM's weak spot which is BY. KT can get so emotionally when it comes to MD and Shunji saw it.

I found it so funny because I haven't seen KT behaving that way before. He's always confident in front of other people yet so timid to MD now that he found out she is BY. I think he was afraid of getting all emotional and then he won't be able to come back to the place.

You're right. I just realized that BM's weakness is MD/BY. He can't control his emotion whenever he senses that MD is in danger. Last time, when he found out the spy girl, he immediately ran to MD. Than he ran to check her whereabout and panickly ran again to save her, sensing that the police would also known where she was. Then last time, he quickly went to Damsari and begged him to tell MD's location. That was very careless. He didn't even check whether people are around or not, and he didn't even low his voice. He was in the police station, for God's sake! Any guard could just pass by and listened to his voice. That was the biggest mistake he's (and any other spy / hero / undercover agent) ever made. He must stop doing this, otherwise he will have his downfall because of this in the future.

But I guess, you can't blame the boy who's being deeply in love .. It is so cute to see him being ackward ( dunno whether it's the correct word to explain this .. you know .. when a boy is interested in a girl, then sometimes he will do stupid / annoying / weird things in front of her ). I guess .. yeah .. he's in love.

I don't think he can get away again this time. Shujin is smarter enough to sense whether someone is lying or not, no matter the reason that he uses. Shunji is not dumb .. *he's just a lousy shooter*. If KangTo decides to remain undercover, there must be someone else poses as Gaksital and be in the same room with him. Even then, Shunji can still suspect whether Gaksital has an accomplish or not. I think it's already a difficult condition for Kang To now, and he needs to work really hard to prove his innocence. But, considering his last actions ( disappearence, contacting MD without informing Shunji, openly refusing orders, failures recognizing Damsari ..), I really think that he can't get away again this time. Let's see what'll happen in the next episodes.

When Japanese occupied Asia they are not only wicked and cruel their behaviour are demonic as shown in this drama the torture is not exaggerating is facts.During that era most of the Japanese soildier behaves like Sunji in Ep14.

They captured women and raped them than made them as 'comfort women' to service them as prostitutes because of their suppression many freedom fighters like DSR that go against the Japanese during Jap.occupation.

When America dropped an atomic bomb into Hiroshima and killed millions of Japanese only stopped the Jap. occupation over South-East-Asia countries.

It's true. When I was studying history at school, we were told that our country were occupied by the Dutch for about 350 years, then the Japanese came and occupied us for around 3.5 years. But, the cruelty that the Japanese had shown are not less than what the Dutch had had for hundreds of years. There was a movie series created in the 90's about the 'pleasure women' during Japanese occupation, but I don't remember much about it. But then the America dropped atomic bomb in Hiroshima / Nagasaki. The destruction resulted by the bomb was so massive, that they had to work hard to rebuild the country. And I admire their strong characteristic during the disaster, so that they can become one of the advanced country nowadays. Off course, the current Japanese are different from their predecessor. I hope I don't offend any Japanese around here.. @lyra_brillantez, perhaps you and I are from the same country ? :)

Anyway, I'm interested in a theory of 'MD and the circus people set trap for Shunji, but Kang To is also being deceived'. If that really happens, then that would be awesome. In epi 15, Shunji will set trap for Kang To using MD as a bait. But if the 'theory' is true, it may end up with Shunji is being trapped by MD and the circus people, and Kang To ends up saving him (but fail, or deliberately fail), in a way that he can gain Shunji's trust again. If that's the case, then Kang To's second identity will be saved for now while MD will use Shunji as a hostage to release Damsari. Then, KangTo will become BM again to help MD in the 'hostage switching' process. OR, KangTo will stay as a police and lead the hostage switching process .. thus gain more trust from Shunji ( while secretly cooperate with Damsari ? ). I could go on and on on this .. :D .. Wednesday, pls come quickly .. so I will know what scenario they'll use :D

Why are Asian drama so sensitive to history?? In America it doesn't matter, it was history and people need to realize that. I'm Asian and I love the history of my people. We are who we are today because of what happen and it was all in the past. I think Japanese shouldn't be offended by the drama or hate actors who portray them out to be the bad guys.

Most actors or actresses that define themselves to be the best are the ones that takes on the most difficult roles. That is why I love all the actors and actresses that took on this drama head on. Even the crew.

I feel the pain of the drama and for the people during that era that is why BM is so good and addicting!! In the end we all realize that this is a drama playing with our emotions and entertaining us only. Love all you guys for making BM happen for us!!!

Hello everyone :)

Just want to give my two cents about the history issue...

Hmm..a drama like this is bound to be criticized since it involves the history between two countries. For some people, it might be a part of history but there are some who still can't forget the brutality of the regime, so they have a hard time to accept this drama. My country was also colonized by Japan but as a young generation, I can accept the history but it's totally different case for my grandparents. They are still bitter when Japan is mentioned because they experienced horrible time when Japan was in our country.

I'm sure we who are watching this drama can accept that it's part of the reality faced by the Koreans during Japanese annexation, but the drama itself is like dancing on a sword. It will be criticized at some points (the recent one about the usange of Rising Sun flag and Kimigayo, Japan's national anthem in the drama) but the production must have give it a thought before starting the drama, right? So we all just have to support this wonderful drama. It might not be broadcasted in Japan due to the sensitive issues, but we all know that this drama is good :)

On a lighter note, Joo won tweeted a picture earlier :D hopefully he's going to sing for BM's OST!

x2_d66066b
"coming soon~^^"

from JW's twitter

I did a rant about this drama here and since it's quite long, I can't post it here ;;)

I really wish the writers wouldn't have made Shinji into such a horrible monster....I had hope that he can find salvation in the end but he's way beyond that now.  If he was to suddenly turn "good" in the end, I don't think I can accept that after all he's done.  He is pure evil now where his desire to capture Gaksital is more important than human lives.  The only way he can find redemption now is to sacrifice himself for the rebel's cause to reclaim their country and hopefully save Gaksital in the end.  
I can't even imagine how the writers will resolve the conflict between KT and SJ but I know it's going to be hard because they were such good friends.

It's weird to me that people are so sensitive about the the history of Japanese colonization in Korea. It's upsetting to see that a lot of Korean actors turned down this role because they were afraid that it might affect their "image" or status in Japan... That's straight up silly, because in America, that definitely doesn't happen. I'm also surprised by the fact that this is the first Kdrama that I've watched that deals with Japanese occupation. I've seen many Kdramas that deal with the Korean War, but I can honestly say, I've never seen anything about the Japanese invasion/colonization/robbery of Korea.And I think it needs to be done. 
The fact that Kdramas and films aren't made about the Japanese treachery, really leaves younger generation of Koreans kind of ignorant to the abuse they suffered at the hands of the Japanese. I'm not saying Kdramas should teach hate, but they should at least portray some of the facts... And the facts are: the Japanese ENSLAVED the Korean people. They raped, murdered, and basically robbed Koreans of their land, names, language, and religion. They forced all Korean WOMEN AND CHILDREN into sexual slavery as "comfort women" for the Japanese military. And it's disgusting, because the Japanese "MILITARY" took pictures of these women and boasted about it. Additionally, the Japanese stole Korea's culture, art, and ultimately cut off their body parts and wore it around as "trophies" - so the Japanese were quite atrocious. They believed that the Koreans were INFERIOR and "uncivilized barbarians" and they felt they were the superior race. So should it offend the Japanese?? HELL NO it should not offend the Japanese. LOL 'cause it's true!!! And they should be taking BM that it's not even realistically portraying how evil the Japanese really were! That's not to say that ALL Japanese were like that (but they were), because that was the culture back then for them. And their ideology was based on the fact that they were "pure/superior" over all of Asia.
They did horrible things to the Chinese and other Southeast Asian countries too. 

The truth is, there's no point trying to "apologize" or try to "not offend" the Japanese public, because this drama seems very sympathetic towards the Japanese. They don't even portray the Japanese as evil/barbaric (which they were at the time), and this drama seems to mainly focus on individuals, and at one point, portrayed Shunji in a positive light. SO UNREALISTIC.
Do you see African Americans APOLOGIZING or feeling SYMPATHETIC to white people for making movies that were against slavery? I don't think so. So I don't feel like Korea has anything to be ashamed of. And if Japanese people wanna criticize it, tell them to do so. It's ridiculous, why should we Koreans be worried about what Japanese will think? 
Sorry for the REALLY LONG rambling. But I had to get that out there. LOL.
On the other hand, I'm really liking this K drama, and I'm aware that this is based on a comic, so it can't possibly be 100% historically accurate. And I'm really enjoying all of the actors/actresses performances. I applaud them for their strength and acting skill. And I really loved the DSR+ KT scenes. I hope DSR finds out first, and tells MD or something. I don't want DSR to die... Although I have a bad feeling about it. 
Also, It's quite frustrating that MD doesn't even think KT is at least being suspicious!! She's totally clueless. And I can't believe SJ is overhearing the talk between KT & DSR. AHHh it's killing me. I really hope SJ doesn't confront KT though. And I do want to see more romantic scenes between KT & MD. =( But I find it highly unlikely that MD will like KT before she finds out about him being BM.But I really want MD to find out about KT being BM like NOW because I want the romance/love to build up. Cuz it's gonna take awhile for MD to truly fall in love w/ KT as BM. I want more interaction!! 

On a lighter note, Joo won tweeted a picture earlier :D hopefully he's going to sing for BM's OST!

x2_d66066b
"coming soon~^^"

from JW's twitter

I did a rant about this drama here and since it's quite long, I can't post it here ;;)

Thanks kaeru-chan , I hope that it is true about JW singing OST for BM. So excited, I can't wait. He has a very good voice and I liked his song My Love in BKKTG. Since he is the male lead in this drama, it is only normal that he should be performing at least one of OST. Cross the fingers that the song will be played in KT-MD romantic scene next week.

Joo Won possibly singing for OST?! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG YAAAAAAAAAAAY!! PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN  8-} And that totally should be the song for the present day KT & MD, not BM & MD  >:)

Joo Won will sing one of the OST ? Better be good :). I like his voice in epi 4 .. really curious on how good it will be when he sings a full song

Episode 5 ---- rewatching

Anyone looking for romance? I rewatched episode 5 and realized that KT was quite jealous of SJ when he found out that Boon Yi was the Esther that SJ likes. Also when he thought about her sitting inside of SJ's closet he got mad (he probably thought they did something together)...@ icegonzales, after watching episode 5 again..I have to agree with you. I think in episode 5, KT was jealous of both Shunji and Bridal Mask. Jealous of Bridal Mask because she seemingly would cover up for BM and wouldn't tell him where BM is and also for SJ because she was at SJ's place. Now that I rewatched it I liked episode 5. The hospital scenes were awesome especially the scenes with KT & MD and also the talks between KT & SJ. :) KT & SJ sure made a big switch. KT used to be jealous and screaming and now it's SJ doing it instead of KT. Poor thing. But KT had humor with him since he was sweet to MD. I haven't seen a sweeter side from SJ aside from madness. >___<

2mfd5dc.jpg ^Look at how tight their hands were....I like this...Boon Yi & Young

2n15ezp.jpg

35mdukj.jpg

I miss the old SJ so much. He was so sweet to MD. Don't know why he's so mean now to her. :'(
20zo268.jpg

I wish we can read SJ's emotions the way we can read KT's emotions.
2me4ar6.jpg

35lezjb.jpg

2d9z902.jpg
^Happy days for Shunji & Mok Dan

2medbvm.jpg
^Jealous KT (unusual KT in front of MD started from this episode I think)...

707uo6.jpg
MD & SJ used to be in a team together....

Oh, yeah, I finally conclude KT  kept the knife at the hospital scene, but MD never asked BM where he got her knife. Oh, well. If she does, she'll find out KT is BM.

Please do not hotlink my captures. My photobucket is out of bandwidth and it's painfully hard for me to upload these pictures via tinypic.com. Thank you. Please reupload pics if you are going to use it in another forum.

I just watched Kangto x Mokdan scenes on viki, and the comments there wow. Some are rooting for Kangto X Rie. And they think he will end up with her. Dont tell me thats gonna happen! I will be really angry.

What do you guys think?

I just watched Kangto x Mokdan scenes on viki, and the comments there wow. Some are rooting for Kangto X Rie. And they think he will end up with her. Dont tell me thats gonna happen! I will be really angry.

What do you guys think?