Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

And what else I wanted to add: don't give up on KT/MD ship just because they don't have many scenes together or they're acting all hateful or there's no kiss n' hug. In my shipping experience it only makes their coming together moments that much steamier! I mean, in "Vampire Diaries" Damon

:)

@cravey: Yup, I'm a Delena shipper!  (sends you back a hug)  I really don't like Stefan.  Oh, well.  But yeah, now that you mentioned it, maybe the drama extension will at least be good for the build-up.  Let's just cross our fingers that the writers don't mess it up.  :D  There are also a lot of Delena parallels here, now that I think about it.  Elena did have to overcome a LOT before completely falling for Damon (like all the people he's killed and tried to kill).  
p.s. On a tangent, I attended the press conference when Smolderhalder was in town for an endorsement promo.  I almost fainted at his epic hotness.   :x 

Hmmmm very cryptic Bridal Mask Ep 10 preview out guys... link here http://www.vingle.net/posts/28891-Bridal-Mask-Gaksital-Ep-10-Preview

@cravey: Yup, I'm a Delena shipper!  (sends you back a hug)  I really don't like Stefan.  Oh, well.  But yeah, now that you mentioned it, maybe the drama extension will at least be good for the build-up.  Let's just cross our fingers that the writers don't mess it up.  

:D

There are also a lot of Delena parallels here, now that I think about it.  Elena did have to overcome a LOT before completely falling for Damon (like all the people he's killed and tried to kill).  

p.s. On a tangent, I attended the press conference when Smolderhalder was in town for an endorsement promo.  I almost fainted at his epic hotness.   :x 

For fun  :))

[GIF][GIF]

OMG! This made me laugh so hard.  =))

Episode 10 Preview:http://youtu.be/taVQFrzvHiU

I know this picture was posted earlier but someone pointed out that Joowon was standing a step lower than Jin Sae-yeon and she's still much shorter than him. LOL!2wo9gec.png

class="ks_article_title" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 7px; font-size: 24px; text-transform: capitalize; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; "Joo Won Reveals The Secret To His Acting Improvement30i9kzq.jpgActor Joo Won chose the movie 'SIU' for the opportunity to improve his acting skills.
On the 27th in Suwon, stars from 'Bridal Mask', Joo Won, Jin Sae Yeon, Han Chae Ah, and Park Ki Woong, participated in a press conference on the set of the KBS drama.
The reporter asked Joo Won "People are saying that your acting skill has improved a lot. How did you do it?". Joo Won answered "I learned tremendously while I played a role in the movie 'SIU'. Working with Um Tae Woong, Jung Jin Young, Kim Jung Tae, and Sung Dong Il was a big opportunity for me to learn different acting styles and from each of them"
He continued, "I used to think that focusing on the character and examining it was very important. However, from the experience on 'SIU', I realized that getting into the movie, the real site, is also important". "It was very important to balance with my counterparts in the movie."
'Bridal Mask' is based on a cartoon written by Huh Young Man. The drama portrays a super hero who gave hope and comfort to people in Chosun during Japanese rule.
In the drama, Joo Won plays the role of Lee Kang To. The character accepts his destiny as a hero after his brother, Lee Kang San, (played by Sin Hyun Joon) dies.
Credithttp://en.koreaportal.com/articles/4349/20120627/joo-won-s-acting-improvement-siu.htm SIU isn't a favorite film of mine but it's nice to know that he learned quite a bit from it and from his sunbaenims. =)

I'm so anticipating these scenes to happen tomorrow. I wonder how KT & MD can meet each other like this while she's drying clothes. Umm...how on earth did they end up together in the same area?

BridalMask10_01.jpgBridalMask10_02.jpg

BridalMask10_03.jpgBridalMask10_04.jpg

BridalMask10_05.jpg
BridalMask10_06.jpg

-edit-

I just watched episode 9. Totally grateful to the Viki Bridal Mask Team/community for the 99% English subtitles on the same day it's aired. Wow, I'm just incredibly grateful. I had a long day  today and when I got home the subs were all done. I didn't even have to wait for the subs like I had to last week. :D

Anyway, so at the beginning of episode 9 was great. It showed us more flashbacks of KT & Shunji and how close they were together. It also showed how much of a debt KT must be owing Shunji since Shunji trained him and took him in even though other Japanese Kendo club students were trashing KT. It showed to me to depth of KT & Shunji's relationship/friendship. How much close and love they must have for each other. I'm foreseeing a lot of sadness for both since their friendship is so grounded and rooted at the beginning despite their nationality.

I just felt that KT was quite shameless when he came and begged those guys to teach him.

Also the scene that Shunji storming into the circus and telling everyone that if any member is associated with BM will get the whole group to be killed was rather controlling. I can see why Shunji would do that since he didn't like BM & MD to be together in the first place. In doing this, he's trying to not have MD find BM.

I really like how the deal with President Jo's problem was out on the leak. It was nice to know more about Kimura Taro (Shunji's dad). I guess they belong to a group that is opposite of the independent movement then? Does anyone know why KT & KS's dad got kill? I am so sorry. I totally skipped episode 3-5 a lot so I lost track of a lot of stuffs in episodes 3-5. I didn't have time to watch, but if someone could enlighten me I'd be grateful. So I'm seeing that even with the Japanese area there were two different sides. So far, I'm not sure if the big boss that was always in controlling of Chief Konno is really for Konno or he's really just playing it off so he can get gold and/or Ra Ra (Rie)? I'm confused. Is he for money and woman or is he really patriotic towards his country and pretend to be nice to Taro to get out his group? But what Taro's group did?

But why are they going after Taro? Why was Kimura Taro having the sign and what's up with the picture? I want to know more about him and what he's up to. I think I might have to rewatch this series to catch up and follow along since last time the judge died, he also has the same sign with the clothing that Taro was wearing. I guess they belong to a group/sect?

I like the scene where KT went into the woods and found MD's blood-written note. Oh, goodness, I'm glad they did not forget it all together. I think episode 9 was okay. I don't think it was all that draggy.

I just wonder if KT & MD meet and she found out he's BM, what's next? LOL. I think it'll just be so boring. I'm seeing that tomorrow BM will not speak a word and will not even open his mask and MD will just be completely lost and BM will still just be a mysterious man that she was looking for. I would rather she not unseal his mask that way it'll be more interesting.

I have to say that Shunji is so handsome with the new uniform. I think both Shunji & Kang To are comparable opponents. Also I think MD's dad appearance in helping her was so great. Oh, the whole thing was just nice. :D I like KT's smile when he read Boon Yi's name and then the black note she was writing to him that she'll wait for him every sunset (right?). If I were him, I'd let her wait a while.

-edit-

Shunji's eyes at the begining of episode 9. *shudders* He seems like the one who holds on to grudges. I can see why he's going after BM and now after KT too? It's the same person.

Made another sig ;

;)

@mrs_d_42801 Glad it worked

:)

BINGO

:D

I think that Shunji having the circus troupe monitored is because he want to keep them (or rather Mok Dan) out of trouble. He understand that he have no chance with Mok Dan, so he's actually preventing her to look for Gaksital for her own good as his father only agreed to let her go ONCE. He also needed to keep up his appearances (severing ties with Mok Dan) in front his father. Poor boy even have to make MD feel better by coldly denying that he is wearing the uniform to protect her.
If there is anyone who will recognize/suspect Kangto as Gaksital first, it would be Shunji. He's not only his best friend and surrogate brother, he is also Kangto's kendo mentor,. They pretty much spent a good 5-6 years together. With increased confrontation and sparring, it won't difficult for him to realized it's Kangto. I'm bracing for Shunji double heart break because to him, it will be an ultimate betrayal. 
It's kind of ironic that Shunji is now like the old Kangto, who fervently pursues Gaksital and unknowingly killed Kangsan. While Kangto finally understand how Kangsan dilemma when he's forced to fight with Kangto.  

If these pictures were posted already, then I'm so sorry in advance. If these pictures were posted already, then I'm so sorry in advance.

I personally think the cast was great. Whoever did the casting was awesome. I like the Count and almost all the actors in this series. They portrayed their role so well. Abe is hilarious. Including Chief Konno and Chief Kimura..oh and even Boon Yi's dad.

please click on spoiler to see pics:

YueQ3.jpg
ATSms.jpg
Cplfk.jpg

credit to  suz at kites.vn & as stamped on pics. I did not upload any pics here.

Thank you everyone for your pictures and gifts. They make my day! :D I was thinking I waited for 7 days. A total of 168+ hours for about 2-3 minutes glimpses of KT & MD under the trees in episode 9. SO CRAZY. But their 2-3 minutes make episode 9 awesome, not that episode 9 isn't already great, but to see them because I have been waiting so long to have their relationship catch-up after all the dramatic stuffs. Finally. I just hope they don't meet up and/or know each other yet otherwise the fun will be over.

Some of you were talking about the kiss. Umm...maybe the first kiss between KT & MD will be with him still having his mask on. I love that. It'll be great if she doesn't even know his face.

@sunshine4ever

can someone please tell me where to watch this drama live?
Last week ionair have kbs1&2 now when I check kbs was not on selection.

@cravey, you just made my day with that Joo Won gif!! and did you realise he can't wink with his left eye without first closing his right? So cute XD

[size=2]

[/size]

LOOK AT HIS DARK CIRCLES!! they are high as a pillow!! BOY GET SOME SLEEP!!!
also, on another note, am I the only one who isn't really looking forward to the extension? I mean it's great that we can see more joowon but I'm scared that the story might suffer from it. Most extensions aren't a good idea.

@cravey what program do you use to make your gifs?