Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

In our place KBS2 is airing up to episode 22 only. We can enjoy Bridal Mask next 3 weeks. I will buy its DVD. I don't believe other dramas are as good as this one.

@sunshine4ever, thx :D. I just keep on being annoyed becoz of that death. It's just not fun anymore, dunno why *shrugs*. If it's not bcoz of that, it would have beaten Prosecutor Princess as my no 1 favourite drama *sigh*.

@cravey, hahaha.. I cant imagine how people will react if I use that sms signal *lol*. You are so creative! About the theme song, I hear it every time I work. It makes me spirited coz it feels so heroic.. In fact, I like the instrumental ost better than the ones with lyrics *except for Judgement Day*.

@ginia1110, thx for your story. There's these sayings that I always remember, coming from one of the most famous motivator of my country : "The courage to die is not as important as the courage to live on. It is important that we have to live witb courage, that is dare to take risks". It really suits your story, KT-Shunji story, and it is something that I always try to achieve in my own life. In BM case, one of the reasons why I love KT *besides of the JooWon factor, off course :P* is bcoz KT represents a very very strong person with a very very strong characters. He really lives his life with courage.

@ricecak3, hi! You like action movies, right? are u going to watch vampire prosecutor 2? I'm still considering watching it. I watch several episodes of VP 1 just bcoz it has the same director of Queen In Hyun's Man. That director works is fast-paced and has way of telling stories. I like it. But then, I heard than VP 2 is not directed by him anymore, while vampire theme is actually not my favourite genre. So, I still dunnk whether I'll watch it or not..

Goodbye Lee Kangto, Goodbye to Your Hair6a600c338744ebf80e9166bdd9f9d72a6159a74b
I wish I can make a tribute to Lee Kangto's hair now. Maybe I should 

When I wrote the latest and probably last fan fic on page 356, there was a story between the lines. I have always assumed that the reader will able to read between them and go along with me. But this morning I decided to give an insight into the background. Honestly, it was meant to be a few lines. I do not know what happened, my fingers got the better of me, I guess. 
Background story of Fan Fic 사랑한다 

read if you can bear to think that Kangto was able to move on, otherwise skip. 

I wrote this fan fic on page 356 as a sequel to the one on page 345. If you have read the latest one in isolation, you might want to read the earlier piece.

I wrote it from the perspective of Kangto’s son. Although they were poor, as a child he basked in the love of his parents and in his eyes, his parents love each other very much. The only incident which gave a glimpse to his father’s past was the one where he discovered the box of letters and the photo. At that time, he didn’t know those folded papers were letters , he was more struck by the photo. He was awed by her smile.

That incident also gives insight into the relationship between Kangto and his second wife.

This is an extract of what I wrote in the fan fic on page 345:

“Appa! There you are.” A little boy ran up and jumped into his opened arms. “Umma has cooked all your favorite dishes tonight. She’ll get worried if you don’t go home soon” the child chided. He pinched the boy’s little nose and carried him in his arms. He knew she won’t be angry but he must not make her wait too long. She has waited for him for many years. Always understanding, always comforting. She asked for nothing in return. She knew she will always have to share his heart but she was content.

She was the second woman to love Kangto as unconditionally as a woman possibly could. She fell in love with him long before he did. She knew his past. He was a brave and honorable man but when she looked into his eyes, she saw immense pain and loneliness. She never sought to own him all to herself and she knew deep down inside her that he will never forget his first love. And it was not an ordinary kind of love. But because she loves him more than herself, his pain became her own. She always gave him space, she knew those times when he walked in the woods or when that faraway look would come over his face, he was thinking of her. So when the boy upset the box and spilled the contents, she did not have to look at her husband’s face. She knew what the box contained and what it meant to him. When he later took her in his arms, she cried as much for him as for herself. He was a perfect husband. He was a well- respected and serious man, he had such a dignified aura about him that those who did not know him well were almost afraid of him. But he was always kind to her and tender. She knew that he loved her in his own way. He was a wonderful father too. There was nothing more she could have asked for. 

Kangto never imagined he would get married again one day. The initial years after Boon Yi died were like living a daily nightmare. He threw himself headlong into the independence movement and later he fought in the war. All this time, he was like a machine, a man without a soul. After the tears dried, the scar in his heart still refused to go away. His comrades and those close to him beseeched him to get married. Though he hid it as well as he could, the pain was apparent to all those around him. There was no shortage of women who wanted him. Some were attracted to him as a hero, some knew about his tragedy and pitied him, some claimed they love him. Over time, one by one went away until one woman was left. She was a student activist and they had worked together. He admired her for her loyalty, passion and drive. She was also humble and kind to all around her. Many sang their praises of her. At first, he thought she was just being nice and concern as a fellow comrade would be. But he noticed the subtle differences and it became more obvious as time passed. He was shocked when he found himself telling her about Boon Yi. He has never told anyone before. By the time he finished, her face was wet with tears. He collected himself and told her he will never be able to love another girl again. Indirectly, he was telling her he will never be able to reciprocate her feelings for him. After the incident, she never brought up the subject again. Yet, she was always there, quietly supporting him in everything he did. Although he never talked about his past again, he was surprised that he could confide in her in many things, something that he could not do with anyone else. Over time, he found in her, a friend and confidante. It was only when he lay in a trench, seriously wounded and her face appeared in his last thoughts before he lost consciousness, that he realized she had somehow entered his heart. While recovering, she took care of him unwavering in her love and concern. Finally he came to terms with himself and he asked Boon Yi for her blessings. Deep down in his heart, he already knew the answer. But he didn’t believe he was worthy of love and happiness again. He was also safeguarding the place his Boon Yi held in his heart. However, the life he was living was not what she would have wanted for him. It was time to live to his promise. 

@mrdimples  I am going to miss LKT and his hair .. I like the straight style at the wedding scene. Is he dying his hair or something? Are we going to see a new JW soon? tsk.. tsk.. I hope it looks good.

cravey said: @mrdimples, beautiful fanfic, it made me tear up  :(( I simply can't believe this drama has ended. It feels now like something's missing in my life & it will take a long time before my emotions will settle down. Right now I just feel so raw :(I made another YT playlist where I put just the best fight scenes and uploaded a few more fight scenes from earlier episodes. It was so weird to watch sunshiney teacher Shunji and not-so-good Kang To-yaa :-S Anyway, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFM1bHIgJvIcsCZVm45Ec26bTS-tMaR0U

Edited - Background of Fanfic by mrdimples

Well, I am not sure about anyoneelse but I did ... Although I was not ready to embrace your story as I felt somewhat betrayed because of my deep love for KT-MD but I can understand your real reason to write such a fanfic. Honestly, I was torn reading it because I am not sure if I should be happy for KT or cry for BY. Life is never meant to be fair and as much as I know deep in my heart that BY will be happy for KT to live on and be happy but just think of her lying there in that earthly grave all alone is more than I can bear hic hic hic ...

@Jessi15, thanks for speaking my mind. Although I have ideas in my mind about KT moving on, but I'm just not ready to move on yet nor do I wish him to move on like that. It's just weird. Part of me feel sorry for KT because he is left alone now, but part of me doesn't want him to move on so quick without her. What's up with me? hahahaha.

Jessi15 said: mrdimples said: When I wrote the latest and probably last fan fic on page 356, there was a story between the lines. I have always assumed that the reader will able to read between them and go along with me. But this morning I decided to give an insight into the background. Honestly, it was meant to be a few lines. I do not know what happened, my fingers got the better of me, I guess.  Background story of Fan Fic 사랑한다 

@Jessi15@sunshine4ever
I am sorry if I destroyed the image of Kangto being true to his one love his entire life. I didn't mean to portray the betrayal of Kangto. In fact, I thought it was apparent in the story that he didn't love his second wife the same way he loved Boon Yi. In fact, they were both aware and conscious of it. That's why I wrote that his wife cried when he bought her the pendant. All her life, I'd imagine she knew and accepted that she will play second fiddle in his heart. At his end, he tried very hard to make it up to her what he couldn't bring himself to do deep inside his heart. It was a different kind of love that they accepted. 

In real life, there are many who lost their loved ones but the human spirit is indomitable. How about those mothers who lost their child and went on to have more children? Does it mean they forget or love less the child who passed away? No. It will always be in their hearts till the day they die and though memories may fade and the pain dulls to an ache but the love is eternal

Hi everyone, for those who read mrdimples fanfic on pg. 356, I just felt like posting these captures. I don't know why KT doesn't really do anything except looking a bit sad at his wedding pics, but I was tearing up seeing him looking at his wedding pics. I was thinking maybe after he left SJ's home, he probably went home and bawled his eyes out, no?

I put the rest of the pics under spoiler tag as some of you may be sensitive to see this scene.

2w1w8z4.jpg

4utdp0.jpg

fktvue.jpg

rk4o6o.jpg

nx9hxl.jpg

e866xh.jpg

xdigdl.jpg

2eltfvc.jpg

6th0sy.jpg

ehyo9s.jpg

sunshine4ever said: Hi everyone, for those who read mrdimples fanfic on pg. 356, I just felt like posting these captures. I don't know why KT doesn't really do anything except looking a bit sad at his wedding pics, but I was tearing up seeing him looking at his wedding pics. I was thinking maybe after he left SJ's home, he probably went home and bawled his eyes out, no?

I finally rewatch BM epi 28, but only the last half of it *lol*.. starting from KT attacking UH. Now I realize that half of my love on BM is becoz of Joo Won only. His acting is just amazing. I used to admire Lee Jun Ki for his depth of acting and now, Joo Won has also become one of the actors that I really admire. His scenes with PKW are just amazing. Every gestures and every stares are just.... natural and superb. I think this JooWon factor is enough to make me rewatch BM...and BM actually has many great actors and actresses supporting this movie. Kudos for them!

mrdimples said: Yes, sunshine4ever. I chose the pic in my fan fic because that's the photo Shunji gave to Kangto. And it's the only one he has. I found it so heartbreaking when he took the photo and slipped it into his chest. Like keeping it close to his heart

demoeoe said:

@Jessi @mrdimples, sorry to cut your post...

Just want to share some of my thoughts, I remember MD's father never really start another relationship/new family with other, master YB never marry again when his wife dead... for me, people in those years usually not easy to change/start a new relationship, especially KT... before his reunion with MD/BY, he simply don't have the word "love/romance/relationship" in his mind, he flit but never serious, my understanding is part of him dead as well when MD/BY dead (he thought so), actually, just like SJ, BY also represent the "beautiful life/happiness/sunshine..." to KT, after he thought she's dead, what he left is only family love, his mother and his brother, they are his only happiness/sunshine (maybe I should also add SJ for friendship as well)... it a long story... but what I want to say is I do think KT will start a new relationship ONLY if he can love the new lady just like MD or even more, but I really don't believe he can even be that way... it is actually a bit unfair to the new lady as well if she knew and KT admit MD is still the most important one in his heart, and after he die, he would like to reunion with her in the other world... he will feel guity to both MD and the new lady... maybe I'm very old fashion, to me, KT & MD's love story is soooooooo unforgettable because of the "irreplaceable" nature of it... You are my love and my ONLY love... just like JW's OST "Love and Love"'s lyric say "my love is you alone... I will be your shadow... I will live for you... I can only do this much for you..."... that's why leaving only one staying alive in the this world is sad, because your happiness (from love/romance/relationship) is forever gone... but this doesn't means that one cannot be happy in another way and live well... for KT, because of what he had lost (family/MD/friends/even SJ and those he never get to know but suffering), he understand how painful it will be to lost those you love and care, therefore he will stay strong and fight for them... this is what he had promised his BY... 

sunshine4ever said: Hi everyone, for those who read mrdimples fanfic on pg. 356, I just felt like posting these captures. I don't know why KT doesn't really do anything except looking a bit sad at his wedding pics, but I was tearing up seeing him looking at his wedding pics. I was thinking maybe after he left SJ's home, he probably went home and bawled his eyes out, no?

demoeoe said:
@sunshine4ever, KT is in HUGE pain, as you can see he stared at the photo for a while, then he need to close his eyes and take a deep breath to cover his sadness and tears about to pouring out... because he had something else to do, this visit is about SJ, he need to concentrate, he can't have his sadness take over him at that moment... then just like mrdimples, he took the photo and placed them close to his heart... this is just soooooooooo sad....... :-S

I like this drama so much!!! I will never forget about it. It taught me the history between the differences between the Koreans and Japanese. I really admired and supported Bridal Mask's ability to fight for the Independence for Korea and how he work so hard every day to revenge for those that have been treated badly from the Japanese government. Overall, I am sad that this drama ended :(. Joo Won has become one of my new favorite actor and oh my, he is so handsome and such a wonderful actor!!! I also like Park Ki Woong too. He is so amazing as Shunji :)!!!! It was funny, yet sad when he got done filiming for his last scene and he couldn't stop bawling!!! Lol, he says that there was something caught in his eyes; and yet we all seems to understand why he still cried....he's an awesome actor too!!!! I really like the actress that played Mok dan!!! She is also my new favorite actress too! I will be looking forward to see her in Five Fingers!!!! Finally, I will miss this drama and I hope that the main three actors will received awards for this drama and all of their hard work.

***Thanks to all that contribute their thought and insights; as well as pictures on this forum :).