Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

What a great drama!
I was watching the last ep with goosebumps all over.I can't contain myself for now so I shall return later.

@tiacosas, no worries. @sunshine4ever was a darling recapping too :) 
You summarised the drama with your quote above thanks I'm still angry.
@mrdimples is probably too traumatised to type anything now.

WHY the HELL did I skip my college for this fcking ending? I am sorry but the writer totally destroyed everything, KT should have died too just to be together with her. And she should have showed a better ending where KT and MD are both together (both die but they are together as ghosts) Sighhh Now I will never watch it again.

If only JSY and KT date in real life and marry each other, then I will watch it for their sake cuz then they have already have a happy ending.

Didn't understand a word but I bawled like crazy. After the grave scene, every time any one mentions Mok Dan's name, I'd cry again.

Kang To was so calm. But he's a true freedom fighter now.

kooriyuki said: The end.
I salute the writer for the guts to kill off MD. And it just cements the concept of Gaksital; the focus is on a man's change to be the hero for his countrymen, and lovelines were never a focus to begin with.

...... i'm at a loss... don't know what to say... all i know is that i'm feeling too much right now. sadness, pain, disappointment & frustration...

why? why? why? why should it be this way?

:(

Oh my goodness, I cried so hard. Gosh my eyes would be swollen tomorrow then my friends at work will be wondering what happened to me.

My prediction came true, Mokdan got shot while protecting Kangto from Shunji. My tears flow like a river during the last conversation between Mokdan and Kangto. I know that Mokdan ask him to be strong and carry on as Gaksital the protector of Joseon people. Then I cried so hard when Mokdan died. My tears were falling and my nose was running too.

I hated Shunji so much but I love Park Ki Woong even more. Hes a fantastic actor besides Joowon. I cried too at Shunji's scene when he cried over the death of Mokdan. And when he cried again looking at all the wedding pictures, he made me cry too. When Shunji prepared the gun, I thought hes gonna shoot to kill Kangto. But he didnt, he shot himself, I cried once more. Oh well, my tears still dripping while I'm typing this. What the heck!

Oh yes, Hongju told Katsuyama (Jun) that her real name was Chae Hong Ju and for the first time, I saw him smiling happily. He wanted to be by Hongju's side but she refused him. And before that, Hongju's adopted dad wanted to kiss her and asked Kinpei to do it. Jun defended Hongju but lost to Kinpei as hes much stronger. Luckily Gaksital came in time and saved Hongju. He threw a knife at Kinpei and I saw Jun slashed him from behind. So I'm not sure who killed him, Gaksital or Jun. Cos later on, Hongju called Shunji to tell him about the death of Kishokai chairman and said that its Gaksital who killed him. I will have to wait for the English sub to fully understand all their conversation because if I'm not mistaken Hongju asked Gaksital to let Shunji go and dont kill him. So does this mean, Hongju loves Shunji? My opinion is that she does love Kangto but also started to care for Shunji.

Oh gosh...what a tear jerker :((  this finale episode. Later I need to put ice on my eyes.

Annyeong chingu deul :) dont worry this wont be my last posting, I will be back after I take my bath :))

Thank you to @mojobobo and @sunshine4ever for the detailed recaps. It must have been challenging what with everything going crazy on screen. I saw the first 2 minutes or so live but the feed was choppy and then when I realized that Mok Dan had got shot I closed the page. I figured I'd wait for my bff so that I'd have moral support as I watched. Aigoo, I'm reeling from the news. I'll need to see all this for myself but I know for a fact that my home crowd (coz we will watch it together tomorrow sometime) are going to be sorely disappointed, as am I.
I'm actually amazed that I'm not tearing my hair out right now. I don't know why. Maybe its because I've had my share of weird endings these past 2 years but I wanted so badly for Kang To and Mok Dan to have their happy ending. Writer nim...why cop out now? :(

thanks @sunshine4ever and @mojobobo for the recaps. great work as always! really appreciate it!

thanks @aisling for posting pics of the farewell cast party!

I don't know why I didn't cry. It's so weird. I was all emptied. :'( I think it's still too shocking for me, but I accepted it for what it is because that's the most real ending ever.

The writer could have won many many many hearts if she ended the show well. But she didnt. Now the new generation wont watch this drama as much as when it has a happy ending. People will tell them dont watch it, it has a sad ending, and believe me being a Joowon bias or not in the end a lot of people will skip this drama.

Its such a waste, if only KT x MD were in the last scene both in Gaksital clothes while Shunji and Rie were the one dying. Sighhhh

I can't stop rolling my eyes in exasperation but then somehow i think the guys in this thread, aka @flipz and @ricecak3 will be able to appreciate the ending more than me lol

I'm sorry, I might be the minority, pls dont hate me for saying this. But I feel that Mok Dan's death is necessary. 
It is the last straw for Shunji. Mok Dan's death is like a wake up call for him. Like how it has always been throughout, the OTP has never been the focus of this drama. The writer is writing and planning the script on a macro level. The theme of patriotism, revenge and the fight for independence of a country. The theme was so wide that, the writer even ignored to clarify in the story who the real identity of bridal mask is to the people. Till the end, the people of Joseon, except for the comrades, no one else knew that Kang To is bridal mask. People are still condemning him for his 'past deeds'. Kang To since joining the comrades, it is already never just his own fight anymore. But the people's fight instead. 
For me, the bromance of Kang To and Shunji won over me more than that of Mok Dan and Kang To. 
Another example of such drama should be Painter of the wind. Where Moon Chae Won and Moon Guen Young was even awarded the best couple award for their propelling performance. 
I am a fan of historic dramas, so the ending of BM is convincing for me. A happily ever after ending would only prove to be unbelievable. Anyway I am really satisfied about the ending, In fact, the deaths of leader Jo and Shunji shakens me more than the death of Mok dan. 
Ok, enough of my opinions. I should run first before I am bombarded by fans of Mok Dan...