Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

I'm a complete, irredeemable pervert but honestly for the past week I was imagining a kiss scene that was something more like this:
tumblr_m84wi75JCn1rup1r3.gif 
or this tumblr_m83mqs7ZPr1r8ufr0o1_500.gif
But well I guess I was expecting too much since we're talking about an Asian drama here, plus he was suffering from loss of blood so I'm guessing he didn't have much energy, haha XD
And Jin Se Yeon, girl, you just missed the opportunity of your life! If I were you I would ignore the script and do it my way:
tumblr_lyay61UXHH1r3m198o1_500.gif, though admittedly Joowon wiould probably shove me into a bush:tumblr_m2fqqb8go01rqbpbfo1_500.gif but who cares as long as I get to take advantage of this guy??
And this is the proper way to hug Joowon, my dear:
tumblr_m82upjuPQo1r3m2q9o7_250.gif

Next time, do it right please ;)
tumblr_m81feyV9LV1r5dblg.giftumblr_m7uv62EDof1r6cerso3_250.gif

Softy's comment on the BTS of the Kiss scene. Credits to soulsrebel.com

These are the most hilarious bts of a kiss scene EVER. I dont know if you guys know, but before every bts video, JW’s voice comes out in a serious tone and says “then should we start.” This time it was like he was saying it to himself or something so it was even more hilarious than usual – like JW was pumping himself up to get ready for this kiss scene.
Right from the start, in the first video, after listening to the crickets in the background getting louder the director yells cut and impatiently asks JW “when are you going to kiss?” cuz JW and the girl were just staring at each other. JW replies: wasnt it just up to here? director: no – up to the kiss. then later on JW talks to the camera guys and I heard JW laugh and say “how long he must have waited” (meaning K waited a long time to kiss D) so the girl lightly hits his arm. then comes the funniest part of this whole video. here is JW and the girl smack dab in the middle of the woods with all these older crew and director and none of them are impressed with JW’s kissing skills. seriously – I bet they were praising JW for all his action stunts and stuff but when it comes to the easiest part of an actor, JW just failed to impress this group. the director is impatient with JW again and asks “when are you going to do it properly” so JW and the men have a conversation about the kiss. JW gets defensive and says “I moved (my lips) just now.” then the guy says “it doesnt feel like you did anything like a while ago. it doesnt have the same feeling as the first one.” then JW says “I didnt do it on purpose.” JW explains “it’s so hard for me to breathe so I was pulling away and doing it. it was cuz I am holding still.”
in the second video below, I swear you can just sense the awkwardness in the air and the sound of crickets just got louder and louder. I tried replaying it like 20 times, but i have no clue what JW said in that last part cuz he mumbled.
I dont remember JW having any problems kissing on baker king bts or OB kissing scenes so I am going to have to lay blame on the fact that JW looked really tired when he filmed this. I dont think his heart was in this at all cuz he can do better. we have all seen him on OB. that girl needs to do something, but she just stood there not helping at all. I don’t get her – how could she not enjoy this more? it’s not like she is kissing someone unattractive. being devoid of any joy in kissing JW is just not normal. she needs to go to the back of the line cuz there are like a million women who would be thrilled to take her place and give this a try.
Thanks for sharing these videos. Loved them. :)

My comment:

I really like Softy's blog but she is a Joowon x UEE shipper I have noticed. So she even refers to the actress Jin Se Yun as the 'girl', and by reading this post I had the idea that even the kiss scene seemed like nothing, in the meaning of JW didnt enjoy it and he didnt give his all. No offending, but am I the only one who thinks so?

translated from baidu, the captions on screenbts1.pngPD: "Cut! When are you going to kiss"(JW & JSY was standing there for a long time, staring at each other)bts3-1.pngPD: Let you "bobo" and you kiss!"(i have no idea what's bobo but one chinese fan translated as light peck" as opposed to the kind of kiss they ended up doing)bts2.pngJW: How long more must (he) wait for the kiss(meaning kangto waited very long to do this. To which JSY hit JW on his arm)bts3.pngan insect flew by making JW react. caption says: "You who obstruct the kiss, Gaksital will not forgive you!"bts4.pngPD: There is no heartpain or heartache in that kissJW: I didn't mean to. It was hard to breathebts5.pngJW arranges JSY hair so that it will not get in the way of the kiss

Also, I don't know if anyone talked about this yet, but did anyone else totally cracked up at the BTS video when Joowon flapped Jin se yeon's arms after he kissed her out of embarrassment?  I mean, don't you usually flap your own arms when you're embarrassed?  I thought that was extremely cute ;)

@mrdimples, kekeke naughty Joo Won! I LOLed so hard at the insect caption hahahaha!!!!! I can totally imagine him freaking out keke. 
And so, we know that greatness is make out of many takes of the same scene!
Bobo is just having the lips touch like the one that was aired. Kiss is more intimate, like the one shown in the BTS. I wonder what Jin Se Yeon was thinking kekeke. Though I agree with Joo Won that lip contact would not be enough, i think it was better to have it that way because he would be coming on too strong for Mok Dan otherwise kekeke. 

mrdimples said: translated from baidu, the captions on screen
PD: "Cut! When are you going to kiss"(JW & JSY was standing there for a long time, staring at each other)
PD: Let you "bobo" and you kiss!"(i have no idea what's bobo but one chinese fan translated as light peck" as opposed to the kind of kiss they ended up doing)
JW: How long more must (he) wait for the kiss(meaning kangto waited very long to do this. To which JSY hit JW on his arm)
an insect flew by making JW react. caption says: "You who obstruct the kiss, Gaksital will not forgive you!"
PD: There is no heartpain or heartache in that kissJW: I didn't mean to. It was hard to breathe
JW arranges JSY hair so that it will not get in the way of the kiss

marie67 said:

Softy's comment on the BTS of the Kiss scene. Credits to soulsrebel.com

My comment:

I really like Softy's blog but she is a Joowon x UEE shipper I have noticed. So she even refers to the actress Jin Se Yun as the 'girl', and by reading this post I had the idea that even the kiss scene seemed like nothing, in the meaning of JW didnt enjoy it and he didnt give his all. No offending, but am I the only one who thinks so?

@ serendipity8989
@ heorungnghenhac 

Oh, I don't take any offense at all. I'm just providing a POV that not many people seem to think. Nor do I disrespect any of the other opinions.

Hoping the new character that is brought in is integrated smoothly in the story, especially this late. We do need more people on team Gak.

@mrdimples aha OK thanks for the clarification ;). I am sooo curious as to whether JW has a GF or not. And who is it? If they just let us now, we wouldnt be so crazy all over him. This guy is really wonderful, I want to see something bad from him in order to wake up XD. I mean he is a human after all just like all of us, but he seems so perfect that every fan of his is very possessive of him. I like other actors such as Lee Seung Gi and Lee Min Ho, but wow I have never been so interested in an actor before. I think its because Joowon seems more down to earth than other actors.

Anyway, I really do like Softy and her blogs I am a fan of her since a long long time ;P. But sometimes fans are so possessive in shipping a couple (actor/actress in real life) that they kinda spoil their current drama. Like now for example, I cant seem to enjoy Mokdan x Kangto romance that much as I first did. But then I suppose I sound crazy...

@serendipity8989: I guess we have a different point of view coming into this anyway.

This is how I view most superhero materials, the masked/disguised hero is the alter ego, and the "first self" is the true self. Obviously in the literal sense, they're the same person. However, they carry different roles despite being the same person. How so? The hero is an image so close to perfection. A whole crowd depends on them, and look up to them. He/she should be representing good for the sake of good. On the other hand, the true self is someone who lives a normal life, be it rich, poor, pitiful, ect... He/she is nowhere near perfect. For most part, the main reason why the true self creates an alter ego is because they are unable to freely bring their beliefs to the influential community/environment they're set in. So yes, the alter ego and the true self's goals would have to correlate. Though, if I remember correctly, the alter ego is something opposite of your preconceived self. So in a way, it's like having a double personality. Hence, they're not really the same person in my eyes. Kang To doesn't uphold the same ideal as what Gaksital's symbol holds yet.

My point is that, Kang To (true self) and Gaksital (alter ego) are two different personas. 

Clearly, the version of Kang To that Mok Dan fell for, the alter ego, is the person who most of the Joseon people fell for. This version is an image of goodness and perfection. He represents everything positive a human being should be. Hence, he's not real (sorry gals - haha!). Mok Dan fawns over him like any ordinary girl would. Heck, any guys would want to be Gaksital too - haha! It's like, "who cares how he looks and who he is underneath, as long as he fights for justice!" IMO, this is absurd! There's a difference between idolizing someone who saved you countless of times, and being in love with them because they saved you countless of times. In Mok Dan's case, she's in love with an image society has painted on Gaksital.

Now, what about the true self (Kang To)? He is the one who no one focuses on (sadly). I was hoping she'd be the first to love Kang To's current true self before finding out he's Gaksital. Of course, she will fall for him sooner or later. However, it'll always be imprinted in my mind that she fell for Gaksital first and foremost. Kang To just apparently happened to be lucky for being that Gaksital.

By the way, I never typed that the Joseon people should discover Kang To's identity. I merely typed that the only way they'll open up to Kang To's true self is after learning that he's Gaksital. So my point is that in the end, no one alive truly loves Kang To for his true self. Shunji is a different story.

Moreover, it's one of those moments where you feel like woman fell for the masked dude who everyone loves and admires rather than the actual dude behind the mask. It's disappointing.

The order should have been Mok Dan slowly falling for Kang To for himself before the revelation.

Oh on a random note, for me, Dam Sa Ri is a hero, but Bridal Mask is a superhero. I think that's just something else to think about as well.

Oh, I have re-watched episode 18. I came into it with more open-minded. However, I still have my peeve on the same spots. I guess, I'm being nit-picky, since I wanted the revelation to be something more awe-worthy. Nonetheless, it was better than the first time around indeed ^^. It's going to take me time to adjust to Mok Dan's sudden change. I still can't fathom with it like many of you guys seem to. I know this is a drama, but something is just off for me. 

555518_388995814500999_974442290_n.jpg
From www.facebook.com/bridalmaskdrama
lol at "dead tree stump" :))
I think the admin(s) for this facebook page reads soompi posts, so if you see this I'd like to thank you for making me laugh all the time. haha XD

Starlitelet said: Oh, I have re-watched episode 18. I came into it with more open-minded. However, I still have my peeve on the same spots. I guess, I'm being nit-picky, since I wanted the revelation to be something more awe-worthy. Nonetheless, it was better than the first time around indeed ^^. It's going to take me time to adjust to Mok Dan's sudden change. I still can't fathom with it like many of you guys seem to. I know this is a drama, but something is just off for me. 

I think the kiss wasn't a hot and heavy kiss because of his manners... (i dunno how to word that in english properly)....

Joo won is 25-26ish (korean's add a year for some reason)
she is what 19?....

guys thats like a 6 year difference. Now, I'm not saying age defines love... hell most of my k-pop biases are younger than me (shoot did I just admit that?!??!!? lol)

But... she could bascially be his younger sister.... aigoo and I think he was just thinking about her during the scene.

then again he could also just be freakishly tired...

dramaok

said:

Starlitelet

said: Oh, I have re-watched episode 18. I came into it with more open-minded. However, I still have my peeve on the same spots. I guess, I'm being nit-picky, since I wanted the revelation to be something more awe-worthy. Nonetheless, it was better than the first time around indeed ^^. It's going to take me time to adjust to Mok Dan's sudden change. I still can't fathom with it like many of you guys seem to. I know this is a drama, but something is just off for me.