Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

@secretlyforyou we have posted at the same time, LOL! =)

@ricecak yes, they are very high, always AGB ratings are lower than TNMS, so i'm happyyyyy! *___*

Hey guys, sorry to interject, but I don't think it's weird at all that MD accepted KT / the truth.
Firstly, KT is Bridal mask, so when people say that MD doesn't love KT for him, and only b/c he's gakistal, YES, but HE IS GAKISTAL. So, they're the same person. He's not two different people. 
Mokdan would never have fallen in love with KT without the mask anyway... Even if he was her Young Master, after all the atrocities he's committed as an officer against his own people, she could never have accepted that. However, because KT is BM, she can accept his past wrong doings. She understands that SOME of his actions were based on keeping his cover & she understands that he's living for a higher cause now. She DOES accept the fact that KT was the way he was, because he laid it bare on her and told her the truth about killing his own brother... That's huge. If anything, that completely strengthened their bond and she should like KT for KT even more. 
But, I didn't like the way she reacted, because her lack of acting ability was so apparent.. Still, I don't feel a separation or distinction between KT and BM. They are the same person, so I don't think it's weird that she mentions that BM needs to live. When she says that, it goes without saying that she wants KT to live, b/c they're the same person! lol. I think if you look at the context in which she says that, she's referring to BM b/c of the "hope" he gives to the Koreans, and because that's not what her father would've wanted. Therefore, I don't think she's saying she only wants BM to live, or that doesn't really like KT for KT. I think she UNDERSTANDS why KT did the things he did BECAUSE he was BM (to protect his over). She UNDERSTANDS his loss, and she's overwhelmed with gratitude, and hopefully, love.
And when she started speaking "up" to him, I was pleasantly surprised! I definitely agree that it's a sign of respect, and I could see their bond getting stronger. I'm just hoping to see some more scenes between MD and KT and their explanations, interactions, and further display of emotions. I think their onscreen chemistry is great!! 
But I'm starting to worry about RIE -- she seems to be really concentrating and putting effort on getting Shunji's attention!! WHY?? I hope the writers won't make her fall in love with SJ or something. I was really hoping she would be useful in helping KT later... 
Anyway, I just wanted to reiterate again, that I think KT has changed significantly, and HE IS BM. He wouldn't be who he is today, if he didn't have the mask. The mask doesn't change the person he is, he's still the same person. He simply needs to wear that mask to protect the ones he loves & of course, himself. So I don't think the mask is a big deal at all, actually.

@Starlitelet  I hope they don't reveal who KT really is to the Joseon people, because they don't need to know. Maybe it's because I recently watched TDKR, but Bridal Mask is like a symbol of hope, bravery, strength, independence, all of the things that the Joseon people had lost due to the occupation. Therefore, it doesn't matter who BM is, he's a symbol and he's representative of all the Joseon people.
I think the fact that Mokdan knows his true identity, is good enough, and it's something special. It's a bond/secret that only the two of them share (minus Baek Gun). And again, I don't see it as KT being someone completely different without the mask. I think he IS himself when he puts the mask on, therefore, if MD loves the mask, MD loves KT. And at this point, I think MD likes KT, and RESPECTS the mask. 
Hopefully, the LIKE and RESPECT will translate into love later, after a lot of romantic/deep scenes between the two :) 

edit: Have I just topped the page? Maaaaah, sorry for just rambling on endlessly (I'm soooooo tired) and not even posting some nice pictures or anything. orz TT-TT serendipity8989 said: @Starlitelet  I hope they don't reveal who KT really is to the Joseon people, because they don't need to know. Maybe it's because I recently watched TDKR, but Bridal Mask is like a symbol of hope, bravery, strength, independence, all of the things that the Joseon people had lost due to the occupation. Therefore, it doesn't matter who BM is, he's a symbol and he's representative of all the Joseon people.
I think the fact that Mokdan knows his true identity, is good enough, and it's something special. It's a bond/secret that only the two of them share (minus Baek Gun). And again, I don't see it as KT being someone completely different without the mask. I think he IS himself when he puts the mask on, therefore, if MD loves the mask, MD loves KT. And at this point, I think MD likes KT, and RESPECTS the mask. 
Hopefully, the LIKE and RESPECT will translate into love later, after a lot of romantic/deep scenes between the two :) 

^^ my sentimentsI don't think the romance will stop developing from here. there's barely been anything passionate between them yetit would be a shame to leave it at that but I have faith in the writer to make MD see KT as more than Gaksital or her young master or Joseon's heroobviously, dont think a kiss  like that will satisfy us shippers

serendipity8989 said: Hey guys, sorry to interject, but I don't think it's weird at all that MD accepted KT / the truth.
Firstly, KT is Bridal mask, so when people say that MD doesn't love KT for him, and only b/c he's gakistal, YES, but HE IS GAKISTAL. So, they're the same person. He's not two different people. 
Mokdan would never have fallen in love with KT without the mask anyway... Even if he was her Young Master, after all the atrocities he's committed as an officer against his own people, she could never have accepted that. However, because KT is BM, she can accept his past wrong doings. She understands that SOME of his actions were based on keeping his cover & she understands that he's living for a higher cause now. She DOES accept the fact that KT was the way he was, because he laid it bare on her and told her the truth about killing his own brother... That's huge. If anything, that completely strengthened their bond and she should like KT for KT even more. 
But, I didn't like the way she reacted, because her lack of acting ability was so apparent.. Still, I don't feel a separation or distinction between KT and BM. They are the same person, so I don't think it's weird that she mentions that BM needs to live. When she says that, it goes without saying that she wants KT to live, b/c they're the same person! lol. I think if you look at the context in which she says that, she's referring to BM b/c of the "hope" he gives to the Koreans, and because that's not what her father would've wanted. Therefore, I don't think she's saying she only wants BM to live, or that doesn't really like KT for KT. I think she UNDERSTANDS why KT did the things he did BECAUSE he was BM (to protect his over). She UNDERSTANDS his loss, and she's overwhelmed with gratitude, and hopefully, love.

Anyway, I just wanted to reiterate again, that I think KT has changed significantly, and HE IS BM. He wouldn't be who he is today, if he didn't have the mask. The mask doesn't change the person he is, he's still the same person. He simply needs to wear that mask to protect the ones he loves & of course, himself. So I don't think the mask is a big deal at all, actually.

I just watched Ep 18. When I see it, I think Mokdan accepted Kangto because she found that Kangto was Gaksital. But as the story was continued more, I noticed that Mokdan was treating Kangto as Dorennim. So, I think Mokdan just accepted Dorennim, Kangto, and Gaksital as one person who she missed for a long time.

About the matter that Mokdan accepted Kanto too early, I remember Jin Se Yun’s interview before MD heard Kangto was Dorennim.  She said MD was being comfortable around Kangto (because Kangto’s attitude was changed after he got to know MD was Buni as I assume.) 

Jin Se Yun said, MD feels comfortable around Kangto unconsciously (but still hates him), and also feels comfortable around Gaisktal although she does not recognize Kangto and Gaksital is the same person. I am not saying that MD was in love with Kangto at this stage, but there was already some chemistry between two even before MD knew Kangto was Dorennim. That was what the writer intended since I think the writer was the one who told Jin Se Yun that MD feels comfortable around Kangto and Gaksital.

Jin Se Yun’s acting skill was not good enough to express MD’s change of feelings through the acting. So now, people are confused whether Mokdan loves Kangto or Gaksital, whether accepted Kangto too soon.  But, actually Mokdan already has same comfortable feelings for Kangto and Gaksital, she just didn’t know. So, when she found out Kangto is Dorennim, and Kanto is Gaksital, her feelings emerged as one. I think, when MD heard Kangto shot his brother, and his mother was killed by Sunji’s brother, Mokdan’s reaction should have been more emotional to express caring of Kangto’s pain.

If Jin Se Yun’s acting was better, it would have been easier to understand how her feeling was progressed.

Added: I tried to find the Jin Se Yun's interview I cited above, but I couldn't. Instead, I found another interview recently made. Jin Se Yun said Mokdan probably already aware that Kangto and Gaksital was a same person, and prepared her mind, so that she acted in that way when Mokdan unmasked Gaksital. It seems that Mokdan was already questioning if Kangto is Gaksital, that was why she unmasked injured Gaksital because she wanted to know truth.

omg today's episode was just beyond amazaballs!!

shunji....
WOW like i said before i still feel as if he's so lost
his action i feel are on instinct and that he realizes what he is doing only AFTER
what he did by shooting that woman is just another pile to add onto the guilt that is going crash down on him
sad thing is that i know its going to kick him so hard in the rear when he figures how much of an a__ he was!

i was in shock! seriously i was shaking from what he did!
i felt like going to shunji...

2945ums.gif

for stopping my heart for a millisecond!

i personally thought today's ep was greaaaaaaaaaat and i enjoyed it thoroughlyhowever, for those who were disappointed with certain things, please be happy the ending was EPIC, beautifully done, leaving room for so many endless possibilities for the upcoming episodesnow im in dire need of sleep bc that explosion at the end just totally left my brain haywire

briseis said:

Some random thoughts and tidbits from episode 18:

1. Here is another missed opportunity for a scene that is perhaps the most mentioned scene that, actually, has never happened. The long awaited and to the smallest detail fantazied about - KT's shirtless scene :)         
  2. I must say I like this injured version of KT. Maybe I'm odd but he really looks extremely attractive :x 

There is one thing I am not happy regarding this episode. 
Why didn't Mok Dan or Baek Gun treat Kangto's leg, huh? That wound looks as bad or worse than the one on his arm and we only got to see him sleeveless. Now, that's what I call unrealistic. 

mrdimples said: There is one thing I am not happy regarding this episode. 
Why didn't Mok Dan or Baek Gun treat Kangto's leg, huh? That wound looks as bad or worse than the one on his arm and we only got to see him sleeveless. Now, that's what I call unrealistic. 

@mrdimples
maybe time constrictions? or the PD would prob. just guessed that the viewer would get the general gist that they treated his leg also. OH AND ALSO... you know what they say about BIG HANDSSS.... big gloves! LAWLLLLLL!!!

So I watched today's episode... and OMOOO... shunji you bad bad person you!I literally went from this...
5121ci.gifto this...14o3hmt.gif
SHUNJI! you just did NOT shoot that lady!!! you are going to regret the HELL out of that let alone regret ALL the other things before that!!! AISH!! 
SHUNJI!!!10payp0.gif
the dark side might have cookies but they are oatmeal not chocochip!!!!
other than that loved today's episode! can't wait for next week!!!

another recap here for those still obsessed with Ep 18!!!(me too keke 저도)http://www.vingle.net/posts/39744-Bridal-Mask-Episode-18-Live-Recap-Tonight-8-1-I-promise

flipz

said:

serendipity8989

said: Hey guys, sorry to interject, but I don't think it's weird at all that MD accepted KT / the truth.

Firstly, KT

is

Bridal mask, so when people say that MD doesn't love KT for him, and only b/c he's gakistal, YES, but HE IS GAKISTAL. So, they're the same person. He's not two different people.

Anyway, I just wanted to reiterate again, that I think KT has changed significantly, and HE IS BM. He wouldn't be who he is today, if he didn't have the mask. The mask doesn't change the person he is, he's still the same person. He simply needs to wear that mask to protect the ones he loves