Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fanda4000

[Variety] K-Pop Star (K팝 스타)

[sBS] BoA, J.Y. Park, & Yang Hyun Suk

K-Pop Star

K팝 스타

H73E4.png

Synopsis

K-POP STAR’ is a survival-style audition program that is geared towards producing a global K-Pop star. The program features judges from three of Korea's largest entertainment groups: JYP, SM, & YG. The finalist will be awarded approximately w300 million ($260,824.22) and will be given the opportunity to release their own album.

Show Details

Broadcast Network: SBS

Air Time: Sundays @ 18:40 KST

Judges

aDLm6.jpg

- BoA (SM Entertainment) | J. Y. Park (JYP Entertainment) | Yang Hyun Suk (YG Entertainment)

Episode Guide + Download Links

Episode 01 (111204) - HANrel & HANrel / 450p & HANrel / 720p

Episode 02 (111211) - HANrel & HANrel / 450p & HANrel / 720p

Episode 03 (111218) - HANrel & HANrel / 450p & HANrel / 720p

Episode 04 (111225) - HANrel & HANrel / 450p & HANrel / 720p

Episode 05 (120101) - HANrel & HANrel / 450p & HANrel / 720p

Episode 06 (120108) - HANrel & HANrel / 450p & HANrel / 720p

Episode 07 (120115) - HANrel & HANrel / 450p & HANrel / 720p

Episode 08 (120122) - HANrel & HANrel / 450p & HANrel / 720p

Episode 09 (120129) - HANrel & HANrel / 450p & HANrel / 720p

Episode 10 (120205) - HANrel & HANrel / 450p & HANrel / 720p

Episode 11 (120212) - HANrel & HANrel / 450p & HANrel / 720p

Episode 12 (120219) - HANrel & HANrel / 450p & HANrel / 720p

Episode 13 (120226) - HANrel & HANrel / 450p & HANrel / 720p

Episode 14 (120304) - HANrel & HANrel / 450p & HANrel / 720p

Episode 15 (120311) - HANrel & HANrel / 450p & HANrel / 720p

Episode 16 (120318) - KOR & KOR / 450p & KOR / 720p

Episode 17 (120324) - KOR & KOR / 450p & KOR / 720p

Episode 18 (120401) - KOR & KOR / 450p & KOR / 720p

Episode 19 (120408) - KOR & KOR / 450p & KOR / 720p

Episode 20 (120415) - KOR & KOR / 450p & KOR / 720p

Episode 21 (120421) - HANrel & HANrel / 450p & HANrel / 720p

Episode 22 (120428) - HANrel & HANrel / 450p & HANrel / 720p

Ratings (TMnS)

Episode 01 - 12.1%
Episode 02 - 13.7%
Episode 03 - 12.6%
Episode 04 - 12.9%
Episode 05 - 13.9%
Episode 06 - 13.7%
Episode 07 - 13.9%
Episode 08 - 09.7%
Episode 09 - 11.9%
Episode 10 - 15.2%
Episode 11 - 14.3%
Episode 12 - 16.5%
Episode 13 - 16.4%
Episode 14 - 16.1%
Episode 15 - 15.4%
Episode 16 - 14.5%
Episode 17 - 15.7%
Episode 18 - 17.6%
Episode 19 - 15.7%
Episode 20 - 13.7%
Episode 21 - 16.4%
Episode 22 [FINALE] - 14.9%
[/code]

Semi-fly, you're my lifesaver! Been looking for torrent link for ep8! Thanks a lot! I really enjoy this competition show. My favorit is Park Jae Yong (20) yo, from Long Beach, CA.

kpopstar06120108hanrela.jpg

and also this girl

kpopstar06120108hanrela.jpg

They are trained by SM. Can't wait to see what happened next. ;D

Thanks for posting these (finally!)

The show is becoming famous because of Su Pearls, especially Park Jimin whose performance of Adele's Rolling in the deep went viral. It's definitely worth watching if you like singing competition shows. One of the best reasons to watch the show is BoA, she is adorable and she helps the singers tremendously.

Thanks so much Semi-Fly, love this show! Can't wait for Ep. 9 !

What a treat this show is, the judges u la la, contestants, very interesting indeed!

GOOOOOOO Kpop Star!

I so love this program! The Supearls blown me away again with their performance of Fame. To bad they are split up because Lee Michelle is chosen by JYP and the other 3 by YG. And I also had to laugh at uhm episode 6(?) where they had formed groups and one group had to do a 2AM song so they called themselves 3AM.. omg hilarious :lol:

I really hope Kim Soohwan's poor eye sight doesn't give him to much trouble with SM :unsure: he's also a good singer.

Ahh and Yim Dayoung was so cute in the first episode, I was surprised they even let young kids like her compete, and she was singing amazing ^_^

Ohh and did Park Jae Yong pass? I thought he didn't.. must rewatch that ep I guess since I'm confused with some other guy I think.

Ohh btw am I the only one who thinks BoA's face is a bit to pale/ glossy/shiny? Can be the light but YG and JYP don't have that problem. Nothing against BoA btw. I think she does a good job next to JYP and YG. It's fun to see YG because I never saw him before, he seems nice to work with just like JYP.

Ohh btw am I the only one who thinks BoA's face is a bit to pale/ glossy/shiny? Can be the light but YG and JYP don't have that problem. Nothing against BoA btw. I think she does a good job next to JYP and YG. It's fun to see YG because I never saw him before, he seems nice to work with just like JYP.

lol I was discussing this with my friend the other day. we both think she has really oily skin.

the show is not doing a good job of keeping her skin look nice. XD

hi dudie, i think michele lee is picked by YG and park jimin and the the other 2 by JYP. ;)

Here are the 36 contestants picked by the 3 agencies.

JYP TEAM

ke08120122hdtvxvidhanre.jpg

SM TEAM

YG TEAM

Just watched epi 9 like finally. It gets kinda heartbreaking when not the whole group is selected. T__T;;

My faves are still in the game so far: Kim Soohwan, Baek Jiwoong, Lee Seunghun and Son Mijin. Baek Ahyeon's in the next epi, can't wait for it! And I got real happy when BoA casted Park Jimin, heh.Even though she's not my bias in the show, she's really good. And I'm sure she's happy, since she did prefer SM.E.

thank you @semi-fly for uploading Boa got the best pick she cast Su Pearls and JYP got Lee Hai i hope she wins

i don't think any YG cast will win SM and JYP got the best talents.

I definitely fell in love with Park Jaeyong's voice after hearing him sing Replay with his partner. They were both lovely and I was so happy that they were both casted. Lee Seung Hoon is another contestant I have a eye on. He's truly talented with his choreography and I truly loved his "I Already Have A Woman" dance performance. Although Park Jiman prefered SM in the beginning, I just can't help but feel that her talent is better in either YG's or JYP's hands.... The girls who performed "No One" was amazing as well. It's a pity only 2/4 of them were casted.

Anyways, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing episode 10 :)

Baek Ah Yeon's still in the game! :D Casted into YG, though I think JYP/SM would be more suited for her. XD I have high hopes for her. Even though she's not a powerhouse, she shows that with that beautiful, pure voice of hers can still tug at ones heartstrings

Somehow I still don't like how Kim Naeun sound during this performance. I thought Cassie would get in, but I guess she showed minimal improvement thus the elimination. I think Kim Naeun's short practice of the song was much better than the stage performance, because I can't help but feel that she's trying t add in accented notes that isn't suited for her voice nor age.

And Lee haee...she sounds amazing this round too! It's a totally different genre but she pretty much nailed it. Anyone know the song name (it's by Im Jaebum right? Yunho's idol/respected singer XD) ? Man, I wished Jaejoong would cover this song too (his It's Only My World is amazing in his own way). /side-tracked but yea >///<

And so SM got the whole SuPearls casted, but then again, there's only one winner at the end of it. And I doubt that SuPearls would come out as a group, at least not at this stage where the other two members have alot to catch up.

Next epi! Top 10 left!

I am watching bits and pieces of the performances on Daum right now and it is buffering like mad.

From what i saw though, Baek Ah Yeon sang a Rachael Yamagata song? Props to her! I can't wait to hear her sing it. It's still buffering like mad right now so I still can't watch anything.

Just finished watching Kim Woosung's performance and I can see he was not in his best condition. I'm really nervous to watch the end of this video cause I almost don't want to see what will happen to him. Ugh, YG's evaluating him now and I'm shaking. YG's like, "I really liked your voice right from the very start but you really didn't do well this time. But... YG will cast you." OMFG YG CASTED HIM YG CASTED HIM OMFG THANK YOU EVERYTHING THAT IS HOLY.

Okay, now that I can breathe again. Imma go and wait for Lee Gunwoo's cause he's the only other one I'm anxious to see.

--

So I watched the perf and I am really really sad that Lee Gunwoo wasn't casted. I mean, seriously. He's like, really good. Just, I think it was a poor choice of song. I feel really bad now. Aside from Woosung, Gunwoo was the only other guy I was looking forward to every week :(

Finished watching it and omg Lee Gunwoo was casted at the end! Totally happy! All the ones I like got casted by YG except Lee HaYi :(

Baek Ah Yeon's still in the game! :D Casted into YG, though I think JYP/SM would be more suited for her. XD I have high hopes for her. Even though she's not a powerhouse, she shows that with that beautiful, pure voice of hers can still tug at ones heartstrings

Somehow I still don't like how Kim Naeun sound during this performance. I thought Cassie would get in, but I guess she showed minimal improvement thus the elimination. I think Kim Naeun's short practice of the song was much better than the stage performance, because I can't help but feel that she's trying t add in accented notes that isn't suited for her voice nor age.

And Lee haee...she sounds amazing this round too! It's a totally different genre but she pretty much nailed it. Anyone know the song name (it's by Im Jaebum right? Yunho's idol/respected singer XD) ? Man, I wished Jaejoong would cover this song too (his It's Only My World is amazing in his own way). /side-tracked but yea >///<

And so SM got the whole SuPearls casted, but then again, there's only one winner at the end of it. And I doubt that SuPearls would come out as a group, at least not at this stage where the other two members have alot to catch up.

Next epi! Top 10 left!

It's "For You" I heard it first on MBC's I'm a singer

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xj779o_y-m-jae-bum-f0r-y0u-live_music

P.S sorry If I did anything wrong in this post as you can see I don't write many replys.. so I may be wrong

I really don't understand why they didn't choose Lee Jung Mi she was so good. I teared up in that episodes 'cause I felt so bad for her.

I honestly want to know what the judges are thinking

Eps. 10 was good, except I feel that 90% of the picks were already determined by the judges beforehand. Reason why is comments such as "you didn't perform very well today, but I'll pick you anyway." I also felt the ending was scripted, but you have to give credit to her for singing a tough song like that in front of everybody.

Thank you for creating this thread! Finally - I have a place where I can gush about one of my favorite shows. :)

이하이 is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!!! Park Ji-min and Lee Michelle are definitely more well-known and I think they're talented, but I personally prefer husky voices like Ha-yi's.

I've included some links below - enjoy!

First audition: Jazmine Sullivan's 'Bust Your Windows'

First group showcase perf: 거미 '어른 아이'

2nd group showcase perf: Pixie Lott 'Mama Do'

Final casting audition: 임재범 '너를 위해'

*This is from today's episode. JYP commented that although this isn't her best performance, she attempted a song in a genre she's not familiar with - up to this point, she'd sung only soul or R&B songs, and this is a Korean ballad. I have to agree with him, and I think she has a lot of potential and a lot of time to improve - she's only 16/17 and she sings this well already.

K%C6%CB%BD%BA%C5%B8_969.jpg

0eedf77bb0454bc63712053f066c1e50.jpg

%C0%CC%C7%CF%C0%CC1.jpg?type=w2

^^^^^^^^^^ I completely agree with you 1002938438299338372727287% !!!!!!! I freakin LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LEE HA-IE~ I hope she wins the competition because she's AMAZING.

Eps. 10 was good, except I feel that 90% of the picks were already determined by the judges beforehand. Reason why is comments such as "you didn't perform very well today, but I'll pick you anyway." I also felt the ending was scripted, but you have to give credit to her for singing a tough song like that in front of everybody.

In my opinion, it's like this. What the judges see in these kids are their potential and not just their talents. When they watch them perform, they aren't thinking, this kid's singing is bad or this kid's dancing is awful. That kind of evaluation was on the first and 2nd round. It's already their what? How many performances have the judges seen of these kids? They aren't just basing it now on what they hear or what they see, they're basing it on what they, as people who will produce songs for these kids in the future, would be able to do with these kids once the show's over.

Look at Lee Gunwoo, for example. He's performed solidly since the first episode (fine, the ranking episode was a little off but he still did well) and this episode, he danced and sang perfectly but he wasn't cast he was! YG casted him at the end, lol. I finished watching it now, finally. I'm wondering why why why why. But I'm not a producer. I'm not a Hallyu star. if you guys remember in Episode 1, YG and JYP explained why this survival show is different than the others. When they watch other programs, they feel frustrated that this person wasn't picked or this person was picked instead of this person because sometimes, even when they win at the end - so what? They don't have any staying power in the industry.

So idk, I just think what you said was a little bit unfair on the whole judging process.