_RaiN_

Help Desk :D (SM Entertainment Auditions)

I hope this won't be too random a question, but does SM really trains its rookie/training idols in a very harsh way?

P.S. I do know that they're physically and mentally exhausted by the end of the day, but I'm not asking about that, because to achieve your goal, that much amount of training and dedication is a mus(I think).

I hope this won't be too random a question, but does SM really trains its rookie/training idols in a very harsh way?

P.S. I do know that they're physically and mentally exhausted by the end of the day, but I'm not asking about that, because to achieve your goal, that much amount of training and dedication is a mus(I think).

Hiiii so I have a few questions 

1. I am planning on going to the USA LA Monthly Auditions on the 16thof December, by any chance do u know anything about it?

Like what happens, what do the do, do the do the rhythm thingy? (I’ll be singing)

2. How long would it take for them to call you if they are really interested?

On 7/30/2017 at 7:55 AM, Joceline Chew said:

If i want to audition in sm entertainment, will i be alone while auditioning or there will be alot of people there? I like it to be me alone while i audition 

Um one more question is if i dont know korean how will i communocate with them when i audition? 

I'm not sure if you are still wondering, but I am happy to answer your questions.

1.) All SM Auditions, in any county will have auditions with a room filled with 10 people max.

So, it is almost likely you wont have a private audition unless they want to have a private audition with you.

2.) For overseas auditions such as the US or any other place that is not Korea, they will most likely have someone that speaks English and Korean. So, you don't need to worry about the language barrier.

Besides, there is not much talking, just performing.

On 8/1/2017 at 11:03 AM, thandi17 said:

Hi there, greetings! I'm new to Soompi so this my first day here and first question/s. I'm just curious to know what the chances are of SM, or any other entertainment company for that matter, taking in a foreigner or specifically an African and train them? They have never held any auditions there whatsoever and aren't planning to do so any time soon. So that means auditioning live is not an option. I'm sure that the reason for this is simply because they don't think they have appealed to the African audience or African market among other various reasons. So with that being said the only options available for me to try is the online audition as I cannot afford to travel to any other location where global auditions take place like the US. I'm not even sure whether they'd even view it or if it'd even manage to get to them. I've tried contacting them via email and have sent loads of emails with various questions to most companies I've looked into but lt I've had no answer from either of them. Arirang TV did however respond to me when I was enquiring about how foreigners could become ASC MCs but they said they didn't have a plans for foreigners becoming MCs at the moment as the current MCs they have now have deep experiences in K-Pop as K-Pop singers who can speak Korean and English fluently. What do you think or suggest?

I'm not sure if you are still wondering, but I am happy to answer your questions.

I don't mean to crush any dreams of becoming a Kpop idol, but, it is most likely there will never be a chance for an African person to become an Idol. The sole reason for this is probably language barrier, appearance, and other things. Of course it can always happen, so don't give up! As of the MC, I can't say anything since I do not know what that is.

If you tell me though, then I can answer.

On 9/3/2017 at 9:00 AM, twentyroses said:

Hello:) May I know if you have failed the audition once, is it still possible to retake the audition again?

I'm 100% sure you can, as long as you do not spam them with auditions.

On 9/11/2017 at 7:58 PM, quinta246 said:

It is true that trainees must work hard, after all, not every person will become a "Kpop star".

Their is a lot of competition in the companies and the trainees alike.

It's not physical or mental abuse but you must work hard in order to come out on top.

On 11/23/2017 at 12:21 PM, forever1jessi said:

Hiiii so I have a few questions 

1. I am planning on going to the USA LA Monthly Auditions on the 16thof December, by any chance do u know anything about it?

Like what happens, what do the do, do the do the rhythm thingy? (I’ll be singing)

2. How long would it take for them to call you if they are really interested?

Before I answer your questions. Good Luck on your audition!

1.) When you enter the building, there will be many people who want to take a shot of fame or for fun.

There will be papers you will have to sign information on, make sure you bring a pen or pencil since it is most likely they will have already ran out for others to use. After that, I know you get a tag, it has a number on it. You should stick it where they can see it.

You will have to wait in a line until you and a group of other people are called. Singers go first. You will have 30 seconds to sing, so pick a song that shows your talent. The rhythm thing is only for dancers so you don't need to worry.

2.) It should not take long if they are interested. It could be soon as the day after or it can take about 3 weeks or a month. 

Of course, if it does take a month, there is a good chance you did not pass.

do you have to now korean or will the company teach you how to speak. Can I be  a trainee even though I’m not Asian.I’m part Spainsh ,part American and part Mexican would They allow me to be a trainee.I’m only 14 almost 15 is that  good age to audition. I’m 5’2 and weigh 112 Is hat bad. I don’t have any dance experience but I love to dance would I still be able to audition?. What if your parents can’t go to South Korea to get a tour of the company if you do get acccepted. I Can speaks English and spainsh is that good?. Would they let you have social media or delete it?. I don’t have straight teeth yet but I’m getting braces soon is that a problem?. I also use glasses since I can’t see far away and I’ve never use contacts is that also a problem?

Edited by lizzie2
Didn’t type everything

On 20. 12. 2017 at 10:07 AM, lizzie2 said:

do you have to now korean or will the company teach you how to speak. Can I be  a trainee even though I’m not Asian.I’m part Spainsh ,part American and part Mexican would They allow me to be a trainee.I’m only 14 almost 15 is that  good age to audition. I’m 5’2 and weigh 112 Is hat bad. I don’t have any dance experience but I love to dance would I still be able to audition?. What if your parents can’t go to South Korea to get a tour of the company if you do get acccepted. I Can speaks English and spainsh is that good?. Would they let you have social media or delete it?. I don’t have straight teeth yet but I’m getting braces soon is that a problem?. I also use glasses since I can’t see far away and I’ve never use contacts is that also a problem?

1. I think its always good to know korean if u wanna be famous in korea :D but if ur really good I think its not that important ...but u should at least know something ..... If u get accepted the company will teach u korean ...but do not except it to be easy 

2 . Yes u can ..but in my opinion its way more harder to be a non asian trainee . It all depends on you and your talent and looks etc. 

I think its good to be at least close to their beauty standard :) 

3. Your height and weight its okay i think ..... But the company will force u to lose some weight :) 

And sure ...everyone can audition :) 

4. u will probably train in their building in seoul so ..... u wont see ur parents for a while 

5. I dont think they will care about u speaking spanish ( i mean its a plus but.. )

Speaking english is good but u need to learn some korean 

6. about the SM it also depends on the company .... But probably u will have to delete it :/

7. I dont know how your teeth look like so :) they may be nice 

Braces arent a problem 

Jhope also had them I think :) 

8. And glasses arent a problem 

thats for sure 

Hope I did help 

And sorry for my bad english 

English isnt my native language :// 

Have a great day :)