Quantcast
Sign in to follow this  
eiphyo4112

How do u react when u see another asian?

i try to avoid them. don't know why. i feel very irritated when i'm around a group of asians. ironic that i'm a member of this forum, huh? oh, that's right. i joined this forum to remedy that feeling.

Well, I just moved from a very diversed Los Angeles, CA  to a suburb in chicago, IL with less to no asians around me, so when I do see any asians, im thinking "Oh my kind! I wish we can be friends!" Lame, but true =P Sadly, still haven't see any around here.

It depends where I am, if it's in an area where there are alot, I usually think nothing. But if it's in a place where there aren't that many asians, then I go in my head "Whoah, fellow asian" :D

i g excited and i'm like "ooh another asian" 

i'm the only asian guy in school along with 2 other asian girls we tend to exchange stares awkwardly though everytime we pass i try not to sit next to, be near them, or in group projects  because you know uhh lol 

I grew up with a lot of Asians. My younger cousin didn't. When he saw another Asian walking outside, he turned his head towards him very quickly and stared.

I'm like the only Asian dude in my entire course cohort. Benefits are everyone knows your name. Negatives are that when you are not a good student, everyone notices ><

Surrounded by Asians at my uni and when I go to the city so I don't react :). But if it's someone new I think, hey are you from where I'm from ethnicity-wise? And I'd want to get to know them because man, being alone and having people not understand your "Asianness" is rough     

I'm an asian and I'm here in Europe for about 4 months now. I didn't see asian people here that often so when I see one I was like.. "Oh! Asian." Hahaha! :D

@ryuu88 it depends where you're going I guess :) Here in the Netherlands we've got a large number of Vietnamese but only a small number of Koreans for instance. I have no idea what it's like in other European countries though.