Quantcast
debbieleung

[Drama 2011] Dream High 드림하이

I was wondering if there is an mp3 of IU singing "video killed the radio star" I wish she did a full cover cause her voice is so soothing for the song. Has anyone tried cutting the background noise from the drama? I found another version of the song on youtube where she performs on tv but not really great quality in the song.

Thanks guys :)

AHHHH!!!

I didn't really like the ending

it sucks that they didn't end up togetherT^T

I have to agree on this ... and I was actually hoping that Dream High 2, with KSH cameo that there could be mention or hint of them being together .. it would be awesome ... but I still love it ... ordering my DVD for this!!! :D

^ same.

The ending of this actually made me disappointed with the drama. Really wanted Hyemi and Jin-kook to end up together... D:

Pil-suk's character was really cute and lovable, both chubby and skinny. :)

Overall, it was pretty good. Good suspense and I liked how they kept us guessing who "K" was until the end. :D

KBS's Dream High Nominated for Rose d'Or - Global Entertainment TV Festival

by: adikkeluangman

February 28, 2012

7af39d77e1a2a5665fac03a4a663f781_large.jpg

Korea has received a nomination for the upcoming Rose d’Or Festival, which is a global entertainment festival.

KBS' drama Dream High received a nomination under the Youth category and will be going up against United Kingdom's Leonardo: Wing and a Prayer and Germany's You're Not a Werewolf.

Being one of the world’s most celebrated entertainment TV festivals, the Rose d’Or Festival held its Nominees Night 2012 in Kuala Lumpur on February 28. It’s the first time in the festival’s 50-year history that the event was held in an Asian venue.

The Rose d’Or Festival was founded in 1961 in Montreux, Switzerland. The annual event sees the participation of TV professionals, producers, managers of private and public TV stations, and production company heads from 40 countries. Since its beginning, it has been an important networking platform for ideas.

The event revealed the three nominees in each of the 12 categories for the 51st Rose d’Or Global Entertainment TV Festival. These were chosen from hundreds of entries by a 50-member jury made up of TV industry leaders worldwide.

Winners of the various categories will be revealed during the 51st Rose d’Or Global Entertainment TV Festival, which will run from May 6-10 in Lucerne, Switzerland.

http://www.soompi.com/news/kbss-dream-high-nominated-for-rose-dor-global-entertainment-tv-festival

if you guys like the soundtrack, you guys should check out musings of a twinkie. she's giving away this OST for her montly giveaway. the link is in my signature!!! :) hope you guys win~

I have to agree on this ... and I was actually hoping that Dream High 2, with KSH cameo that there could be mention or hint of them being together .. it would be awesome ... but I still love it ... ordering my DVD for this!!! :D

Well they can't really show what happens to SamDong Hyemi because technically dream high 2 is in 2012. But the ending of dream high season 1 already jumped ahead to 2018...

So the Samdong that cameo'd in DH2 hasn't won the Grammy's yet... if we try to go strictly by canon time line

Comparing Dream High 1 to Dream High 2

It is very clear that they were both 2 very different shows with very different goals. The first was an attempt to reach an audience with a touching story and a few \moving performances while the second was kind of an attempt to imitate/ride the success of the first season as well as the success of musical shows like Glee etc which were very popular with the teen market.

Let's compare stories

DH1- a group of students deficient in someway or another, not admitted through the regular process have to fight their way past all the bias in the world and unequal playing field to prove their worth. Each individual has their own unique story with seemingly a lot more at stake than their DH2 counterparts. In many ways it's just a much more mature story and quite a bit more touching. It's quite a bit grander too as they go to Japan and on tour etc. 

The love story. This is a lot more intricate and takes a lot more time to develop. It seems organic, subtle, and at various times heart wrenching.

DH2- some idols come back to school and they're arrogant and no one really likes them. But they are put in competition against the regular students for a super idol group...the characters are afforded similar training circumstances and frankly, there is just less of a reason to be invested in them. They're not very complex characters and even the ones that undergo transformation do so in the most 1 dimensional light-switch type way. There's no subtle developments...it's very in your face. There's nothing organic about the love story either and that reaches it's peak with the deus ex machina of the rubix cube HS just happened to give JB one day. It's just  a much less mature story aimed at kids a lot younger that just wanna see their stars sing on the same stage episode after episode.

Compare performances/music-

DH1- Every performance was memorable and unique. I'm not just talking about the stage performances. I mean even their performances done as training or as individuals on their own (ex Hye Mi singing in the outhouse in the snow) were touching in a way that the ones in dream high 2 just aren't. In DH1 they all contribute to the story. They all serve a purpose , either to illustrate a certain quality about a character or to show how they're developing both as performers and  people. As an example, that DH1 flash mob scene left such a strong impression that it's been imitated countless places around the world and was just one of those moments in a drama that you remember way after the season ends. It's a moment you're just like wow, that was awesome, and you can say that the show moved you in a way that very few dramas did that year or ever. Even that one scene where they're training and they go to sing to Tacyeon's friend is more meaningful than any of the ones from season 2.

DH2- There were so many meaningless performances I can't remember half of them. So much were just for show, cause you know the audience likes watching people dance. And all the performances seem the same. They're all part of the same competition on the same stage with 1 or 2 exceptions being broadcast on the internet. And they don't really show how the performers have developed. Half the characters look exactly the same performing their first song and their last song. None of the performances really carry the weight of the ones in DH1. Frankly they weren't very critical at all and very forgettable.

Cast:

DH1- There's no question the acting itself was far superior in DH1. Suzy, Tacyeon, Kim Soo Hyun, Eun Jung, Woo Young, and IU all outperform their counterparts. They at least show they can act. Even if Hye Mi rarely shows much expression on her face with a smile, she's able to do stuff in the way she talks and with her actions that betray her emotions in what can only be considered excellent acting. And of course Kim Soo Hyun can act with the best of them.

DH2- With the exceptions of Jiyeon, Yoo Jin, and maybe some of the side characters the acting is terrible. As bland as cardboard. A few characters have only one expression to make the whole show. JB in particular sucks at acting. He has either angry face or love sick puppy face. HS the same way. Crying/moping face or annoyingly happy face. Again very forgettable performances.

At the end of the day there's just no comparison

I know it might be too late to comment on this thread...but I've just finished watching DREAM HIGH...YES! I am one year late in the discussions...

There are a lot of things I'd like to say about it, but as I have not slept well for 2 days now, I'm just going to comment on the ending first!

I LOVE THE ENDING!!!

I've been going back to comments here, but I haven't yet encountered a post that expresses the same reading that I have of the ending..

The juxtaposition of the scenes from 2010, 2011 and 2018 means one thing to me: with the realization of their dreams comes the realization of HM/SD's love...

HM in the end challenges SD to reach his full potential as an artist because, as the story has established, he is gifted and has great determination...

HM recognized that SD can become someone great..She knows that she has to let him fly..

But as HM flies, he does not fly away from love...as a matter of fact, i daresay he flies towards it..

Although he chose the long and lonelier path,

In doing so, he chooses to bring his love to a whole new level, to reach its full potential, as opposed to fickle teenage love.

Therefore, in the end, we can conclude that their love is stronger. And it has made both HM and SD stronger.

The main representation of SD's dream throughout the drama has always been HM...

It started with HM, so it should end with HM...as neat as how the other plots in the story seem to come full circle..

And in the end, the necklace does not merely symbolize his dream, but also his love.

So, in this case it's only rational that if SD gets the girl, then he should also be K...

What makes SD deserve to be K? Is it because he is gifted, a genius, a cinderella man?

What makes him K, what makes him special, what makes him fly and dream high, is the fact that unlike the others,

who may be motivated by their desire for fame, for glory, for money, for the spotlight, for status, for recognition, for fun...

He doesn't care about all those things...

SD's motivation, his pursuit, his ultimate DREAM... has always been LOVE! It has been that way for him from the very start.

That's what really sets him apart from the rest.

And we know how strongly he holds onto this DREAM...we've witnessed it.

Because both dream and love are tied together in this drama...

So in conclusion, the ending indicates a new chapter in HM/SD's love that is left to one's imagination.

So yes, it is a happy ending..but of course, everyone is free to interpret it the way they want to...

KBS’ ‘Dream High’ to be made into a musical in Japan

KBS2 drama series ‘Dream High‘ will be turned into a musical in Japan.

According to a report released by a Japanese entertainment media outlet March 21st, KBS ‘Dream High’ season 1, which was first broadcast in January of last year, will be turned into a musical in Japan.

The first performance is scheduled to take place at Tokyo’s New National Theatre on July 3rd, and the musical will be based off the hit drama series.

The drama ‘Dream High’ was co-produced by actor Bae Yong Jun of ‘Key East‘ and J.Y. Park of ‘JYP Entertainment‘. The first season featured miss A‘s Suzy, 2PM‘s Taecyeon & Wooyoung, T-ara‘s Eunjung, IU, along with Kim Soo Hyun, Uhm Ki Joon, Lee Yoon Ji, and more. In Kim Soo Hyun’s case, his role in ‘Dream High’ was a stepping stone towards becoming a top star, seizing a role in ‘The Moon That Embraces The Sun‘ which recently came to an end.

In the musical, the role of ‘Song Sam Dong’, which was originally played by Kim Soo Hyun, will be taken on by Matsumini coopera Yuya, the youngest person to perform at Michael Jackson’s commemoration stage, and the role of ‘Jin Gook’, originally played by Taecyeon, will played by Mizuta Kouki.

The musical will be put on from July 3rd to the 20th, and tickets will begin selling May 27th.

This is great. I just googled Yuya..He's cute and has a nice voice. :) I'm not familiar with them but I think they had experience with musical. I wonder who's gonna play Hyemi.

Yuya Matsumini coopera - Lonely Rain PV

wow, good news keep coming for KSH. daebak!!!! fighting!!!!! (Google translated)

RELATED ARTICLE

Kim Soo-hyun's 'Dream High', wins Golden Rose Award

[OSEN = yunga the reporter] starring Kim Soo-hyun KBS drama 'Dream High' (director yieungbok) goldeunrojeusang Awards in the youth sector for the first time in Korea was awarded first prize. 'Dream High' in the last 10 days held in Lucerne, Switzerland, Golden rojeusang at a ceremony in South Korea is the first youth work sector was the grand prize. Goldeunrojeusang Secretariat before the end of the last two finalists works published nomini the Night (Nominee Night) through the 'Dream High' the youth work sector, has selected finalists. Night time, a total of 12 canines nomini door 36 in the program selection, Australia , Belgium, Germany, Great Britain, the Netherlands, Canada , Norway , Spain, South Korea, the U.S. program has been selected, only selected works in Asia, KBS has. last aired in early 2011 'Dream High' the passionate dancing and singing in the teen drama growing, Kim, oktaekyeon, reservoir, and has appeared ahyiyu.

201205111056779324_1.jpg

The Golden Rose Award for TV entertainment entertainment programs, expertise and creativity while encouraging producers to promote the exchange of an entertainment program for the primary purpose is the specialized international phase. Summer special events in Switzerland in 1961 starting with broadcasters over the developed world international, the most recognized authority over history, Itaewon Prize, an Emmy, as well as banpeusang is world-renowned international phase. KBS division of the 2010 Tele Novella 'My Too Perfect Sons' game show segment "Golden Bell Challenge ', 2007 in the eastern minutes' sponge ', the reality sector in 2006' Happy Together-Friends" climbed on board, but the best award-winning presence in the wiring the 'Dream High' is the first time. issue@osen.co.kr

cr: dc

^Just got them :wub:

Hello guys. I'm here again to keep you updated with Dream High goodies :wub:

I just received my DVD set and I hope that anyone who ordered it received theirs as well ^__^

The DVD set was puuuuure gorgeous. Well, I'd say I have better drama DVD sets (with beautiful dvdcases and all) but Dream High's was still gorgeous in its own way. :) Here are some pictures to get you motivated to get them :P

THE TWO VOLUMES. with 3 DVD cases each

*quoted image*

The DVD Cases

*quoted image*

What the DVD looks like

*quoted image*

The beautiful and huge posters!!!

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

yupp they're really big and it sucks that I don't have any room to hang them up ~___~

The postcards.

*quoted image*

I have yet to watch the DVD so I don't know what surprises this thing will give me :P Will post some DVDupdates again once I watched it :)

edit;;

errrr, okay, I skimmed through the concert part and shuuuucks, no Maybe, no My Valentine, no Can't Forget and no SooZy's HHWW at the end of the concert ~___~ BOO! Whatever was shown on TV was what on the DVD. -_-

OMO. how much was the DVD set chinggu? I want them! #DreamHigh

watched the first dream high series and i got hooked. of course i was anticipating who would end up with who and all the singing stuff.  i found dream high 1 more interesting than dream high 2. just my 2 centsblush.gif

Just finished watching Dream High. <3 I love this series!  I love the pairing of Pilsook and Jason. They're really so cute. :)

just finished this drama.i'm kinda happy for SD,his success but very deceived that HM chose him over SH.how could she?i know SH "deceived her" but it was such a great love story.From the start, they seemed to be the main cast, predicted couple. well,it's not really about the romance, more of a "music" drama,right? 

class="entry-title" style="background-color: rgb(243, 243, 255); border-width: 3px 0px 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-top-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); margin: 0px 0px 0.1em; outline: 0px; padding: 4px 40px 0.1em 0px; vertical-align: baseline; word-wrap: break-word; font-size: 22px; clear: both; font-family: 'Lucida Grande', Arial, sans-serif; "The Original Cast of Dream High Gather for a Nostalgic Reunion (1 comments)Posted on October 7, 2012 by ockoala

dhrun1.jpg

Earlier this year I watched one episode of Dream High 2 and I ran away screaming. I was horrified that the second season of the original Dream High could turn out that bad, and I came to that conclusion a good 15 episodes earlier than those who stuck around and ended up totally disgruntled with the entire story and the ending. Seeing how bad DH2 was only made me miss the original that much more because its actually not easy to get six idols and/or actors around the same young age and have them not only deliver the characters but have chemistry with each other as well. Whatever good mojo was in the air during the casting of DH, the result was a home run. I miss my DH sextet a lot, Kim Soo Hyun‘s earnest bumpkin Sam Dong, Suzy‘s haughty diva Hye Mi, Eunjung‘s insecure underdog Baek Hee, Taecyeon‘s just-wanna-dance loveable lug Jin Gook, IU‘s darling songstress Pil Sook, and Wooyoung‘s dense kind-hearted Jason. So I literally shrieked out loud last night when the pictures came out that all six of them gathered together recently for a night of hanging out and BBQ. Just like they promised to keep in touch when they finished filming and realized it was such an unique and wonderful experience in their lives.

Since DH ended almost a year and a half ago, all six of them have furthered their careers mostly in positive ways. The sole actor of the bunch Kim Soo Hyun followed up DH with The Moon Embraces the Sun, a drama I was dying to watch but turned out to be vastly disappointing. His performance was stellar within the cast, but I know he could be much better, but for MoonSun Kim Soo Hyun won the Baeksang for Best Actor in a TV series, and that was just a jawdropping upset. Suzy has been mostly singing, though her one return to acting in this Summer’s Big was a total waste of her involvement and I wished she picked better. IU, Wooyoung, and Taecyeon have all resumed their singing activities without picking any follow up acting roles. But its Eunjung that’s rather in a precarious situation now, what with T-ara’s scandal this Summer and her getting replaced on Five Fingers. I’m sure she’ll bounce back eventually, but that couldn’t have been a pleasant or easy experience to endure. If Korea makes any other high school-themed drama, whether it involves music or something else, I will always measure it against DH. It’s so good to see my Kirin High babies back together again!

dhrun.jpg

cr: ockoalahttp://koalasplayground.com/2012/10/07/the-original-cast-of-dream-high-gather-for-a-nostalgic-reunion/

class="entry-title" style="margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-style: inherit; font-size: 1.8em; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; letter-spacing: -1px; "Dream High’ cast members meet up for a reunionby pkdance - 5 mins ago

dream.jpg

At the end of last month, TaecyeonWooyoung, and IU had talked about meeting up with the other cast members of the KBS 2TV drama, ‘Dream High‘. It seems the stars also took some photos to commemorate the occasion, much to the delight of the show’s fans, who have been longing to see interaction between their favorite characters again.

A few photos of the reunion were uploaded online and are quickly gaining attention. The photos show the former cast mates T-ara‘s Eunjung2PM‘s Taecyeon and Wooyoungmiss A‘s SuzyIU, andKim Soo Hyun, enjoying a late night BBQ party outdoors and catching up with one another.

dreamhigh.jpg

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in!]

Allkpop.com