Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

manun

Confused, how should one act after rejection?

Well I like this girl and she rejected me. She said she wasnt ready for relationship because she just came from one.

Ive always been nice to this girl and always done things to make her happy, but its also in my nature to be nice to people so i dont know how to act. I always end up wanting to be nice to this girl and when I do something it ends up me being way too nice. She has problems in her life and seems really upset, well basicly she cried twice for me when she was sad but i dont put too much emphasize on her crying cause she was really sad.

She tells me alot about herself and her situation, which makes me want to help her even more. Everyone should be nice, but i think there is a level of being nice and also being nice having affection for someone always hurts a person in the end....

In my head i keep thinking you should be nice to her because shes sad and she also feels like ur the only person in school she can rely on (she told me i was like her asian brother, which me realise that she wasnt really intrested in me).

If she has problems in her life, don't you think you should have considered the fact that she likely isn't ready for a relationship?

Put her needs before your selfish desires.

Take the rejection and don't fight it. You may try again once her life settles down, but I doubt that her opinions will change.

Perhaps it will... Be there for her as a friend.

If you truly are the only person she can rely on from school, then you shouldn't complicate things by trying to establish a romantic relationship with her just because you want it. She needs you right now as a FRIEND. She doesn't need or want a boyfriend, so take that rejection into heart and continue to have a platonic relationship to support her.

You be proud that you took a chance by asking, you move on immediately.

Why upset right, you didn't even hook up with her so nothing lost. It is necessary to be slightly tough skinned.

I agree with MR. Power there is a right time and there is not a right time to ask things like that. If you knew she just got out of one then don't jump at the first opportunity you get it could take as much as a year for her to completely get over that person.

My best friend went for her last boyfriend because of something like what you did except they knew each other for over 5 years. They got into a relationship and guess what it lasted for 2 months then it died in after because all they did was fought and fought with each other.

When a girl opens up in those situations to you she is merely ranting and a lot of things she say might not be 100% true but she just said it at the time to make herself feel better. You know like when you get so pissed off you over exaggerate a little to make it seem a lot worse than what it really was.

Just act normal and be her friend that's all she wants and if you truly like her that much you would respect her wish and give her what she needs over your own. And maybe if you're lucky one day she can see what you do, but in most cases probably not xD.

Thanks everyone for their help. I think I shouldnt be selfish like most of you said and being nice isnt a bad thing.

I guess life has its thorn to, and also if u like someone you would like them from the beginning and when u come into a friend zone its pretty much closed....

I feel more glad reading all your responses :)!

lol nice, you were friend zoned and you made things awkward now by confessing. Just act as a friend then i guess, be there for her etc... Dont try get with her anymore. If you cant then just move on.

Holy crap, I can't believe I read the topic title as "Confused, how should one act after erection?" - I even had a huge reply thought out briefly in my head. Good job I double checked :ph34r:

Edit: I think I have sexual dyslexia

^ haha that's funny. But yeah, once a girl thinks of you as a "brother" then there's no backing out. Just remain friends, because she needs you.