Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A free Korean TV channel in the Middle East, North Africa & Europe

A new Korean TV channel has been catching people's attention from around the world, and since I haven't seen a thread in Soompi about it yet (sorry if there is), I decided to make one. Its name is Korea TV... I'm sure some of you heard of it. If you haven't, you'll find in this thread an interesting piece of information about it.

In either case, please feel free to also participate in the poll and tell what you think about this channel. :)

newlogoj.png

"Korea TV" (U&I) is The First Korean Commercial-Satellite Broadcasting Channel.

The channel is sponsored by LG, was set up by "The Korea Global Media Group (KGMG)" through a contract with Egypt's state-run cable broadcaster Nilesat in April 2009, and was officially launched on May 15th 2009. Since then, Korea TV has been beaming Korean programs to over 330 million viewers in 32 nations in the Middle East and North African countries. Despite the cultural differences and being only one-year-old, the channel has known a huge success catching the attention of viewers from around the globe.

85182756.jpg

The eight-hour schedule of programs is repeated three times a day. Half the shows are Korean soaps and the other half are Korean documentaries, variety shows and educational series, with dubbing services and subtitles in English and mainly Arabic. The Arabic subtitles were produced with the help of the Korean Culture and Information Service (KOCIS), now an organ of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism in Korea.

Besides Korean Dramas like "Stairway to Heaven", "Winter Sonata", "One Fine Day", "On Air" (etc) and Korean variety shows like "Star King", "We Got Married" (etc), the channel also runs a Korean language program "Let's Speak Korean" for 30 min per day, after receiving many requests for free Korean lessons.

52144697.jpg080518p14korean1.jpgonairkoreandrama.jpg

lucianaadriyanto9420069.jpgwegotmarried.jpg

starkingq.jpg

n1482638310702668.jpg

Satellite : Nile Sat 104

Frequency : 10719 MHz

Official Website : www.koreaworld.tv

Facebook Page : facebook.com/koreatv

CEO : 이규정/Lee Gyoo Jeon (a.k.a Casey Lee)

caseyy.jpg

References :

Korea Times | Korea.net | HanCinema.net