Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kakasensai

Beats By Dr. Dre

Show Your Customized Headphones ;D
Hey Everyone,

Well I wanted to start a topic about Beats By Dr. Dre Headphone Custom's. Pretty much all you do is *if you have it* show a picture of your custom colorized Dr. Dre Headphones.

I have not gotten mine yet but I plan to use the same color as 2NE1 (yellow one).

If your planning to buy one or want to customize go here --> http://www.colorwarepc.com/p-188-beats-studio.aspx

I don't have one, I'd love to though. There's a kid around my campus that walks around with his Beats and I was like .... *envy* hahaha

he has the original color one, black & red

i got a pair at apple during black friday. they were $70 cheaper, which lowered them down to around $220-230 i think. so i don't have them customized, but those do look nice !

i want a blue one.. but ... too expensive... but thats not the main problem... i don't like the whole shipping idea... if there was a shop i could walk into to get it done.... i might consider..

It'll be nice to get customized ones, but sadly I don't use those bigger headphones as much as the in ear ones. So instead I picked up these two: Lady Gaga Heart Beats & Beats Tour. They are absolutely incredible!! I don't regret splurging on them at all.

b1large.jpg51669817.jpg

BTW, there's already a topic on this --> http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=290711

Oh, it's that headphones G-Dragon was wearing in the Heartbreaker MV, if I'm not mistaken, isn't it?

I've always found that thing cool but.. it's so expensive T^T I have a knack for wanting cool stuff but they end up being so expensive. And in this case, with or without the customization. DDD:

If I had money to buy one then I'd love to, though..

Beats by Dr. Dre is by no means a bad pair of headphones, as they are one of the most heavy in terms of bass reproduction, however, by audiophile terms they aren't really in the same league.

Although if you are listening to k-pop/R&B it might be ideal for that, but for the same price I'd look at Sennheiser 650s or Beyerdynamic's DT880's, which are also bass heavy but have cleaner breakthrough of the mids/midhighs. Sennheiser is known for sound stage/airy/reproduction of the highs, so more jazz/opera/classical. Denon D5000 is also within the same but more expensive.

I listened to a pair of Beats at the store however, and they do sound very nice though especially when listening to, as you would expect, hip-hop/dance.

Speaking of which, what music player are you using and what pre-amp are you using if at all to power the headphones?

Like the user above, I heard they're great for hip-hop songs and etc, but they are flop as far as ballads and other slow songs goes. I am dying for a pair of Heart Beats but I need to find someone who has them first in order to justify spending the price. :\

9348e7f8a488afbf51ef8720d7e27360_3774646.jpg

I paid $2 per sharpie (yellow and purple)...and it was EASY :)

GO LAKERS

GO KOBE!

I'll have to wait a few (ahum, many) years till I have enough money to buy it and get it customized and still have money left to buy myself some food for the month lol