Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davidY

What will kdramas do after cancer is cured?

Since there is lots of recent news of cancer treatments, imagine in 10 years they have cured cancer. What will kdramas instead of cancer as a plot element?

• car crash
  • hiv/aids
  • falling off a cliff

A significant portion of kDramas have at least one person contracting cancer, lol. It's amazing.

haha thats a good question that I never though of before. I think they would continue with it because it just wouldn't be right without it.

They'll just find another incurable disease. Or something that's near-impossible to cure because they have not enough minerals.

another disease (perhaps one that kills the person quite fast so there has to be heightened drama that occurs so the story can unfold)

They'll just find another incurable disease. Or something that's near-impossible to cure because they have not enough minerals.

spawn more overlords

Haha, good question. Gave me a good laugh while reading all the replies.

I agree 1OO% with all of you but for the sake of originality:

Gets forced to move somewhere. (How else are they going to make a sequel for another boring, cliche drama?-- WELL UNLESS LEE HONGKI IS IN IT. Kind of like You're Beautiful or BOF. The bad acting didn't faze me one bit because of the sexy gasoo I got to see.)

haha Cancer used to be the thing back in the 2000-ish.... :P Like someone mentioned, memory is used everywhere. Cross-dressing has been the trend lately though.

I just started to laugh when I saw the topic! :D So true! But wait! Theres always liver transplant. It's the new cancer! I've seen it in 3 different dramas since the begining of the year. (One had the same person get 2 transplants.) And it's only March! :D

Alzheimer's! :D

for like the old people.

iunno about the younger people tho. LOL

LOL...

another interesting one... u are indebted to this rich man's son or whatever and has to follow his instructions and requests.

Leukemia!

There's more diseases that can take over, such as liver hardening, but I highly doubt AIDs will ever reach on screen since the characters would be looked down upon.

Leukemia!

There's more diseases that can take over, such as liver hardening, but I highly doubt AIDs will ever reach on screen since the characters would be looked down upon.

Both AIDS and senility were covered in "Thank You", starring Jang Hyuk and Gong Hyo Jin.

I laughed so hard when I saw this topic. I'm sure the writers will be combing through the medical dictionary to find new diseases, if all cancer is ever completely cured.

Cures the most deadly diseases are generally only affordable to rich people. As long as the world continues to exist an an unofficial "caste system", there will never be a time when quality health care will be made available to all. :( Besides, they're never likely to find a cure for greedy business people and meddling mothers/mother's-in-law... ;)