Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

manun

Acne scar

Red mark and indents
Does anyone know anything that works on acne scar?

The red marks afterwards and the indentions.

Please help me ^^

I had these about 2 years ago, and unfortunately the ONLY thing that worked for me was.... (wait for it)...TIME. I tried ACV, vitamin E, aloe vera, steaming, Mederma, and about 10 more things I forgot by now. They faded slowly but surely, and about 1.5 years later, my skin doesn't look as perfect as before, but the marks are nonexistent. G'luck- oh and USE SUNSCREEN.

I agree with the above poster. Plus exfoliating regularly also helps. I'm still slowly waiting for my acne scars to fade.

HOWEVER, I have heard many reviews on Paul and Joe Beaute Whitening Serum and while it whitens (which I'm indifferent to) it also lightens your scars. I haven't had a chance to try it because THEY REFUSE to ship to Canada. Hopefully on my trip to Japan I can pick some up.

erm..

well where do you have the scars?

i heard that exfoliating your body (you know what koreans do every month in the sauna) is bad for you if you do it like every week or so.. idk that's what i heard but it may be wrong.

i have scars only on my body and i use bio-oil and cocoa butter lotion (:

i prefer the lotion because it smells like chocolate and the bio-oil is oily and smells kinda funkayyy

Just to reiterate the above posters, there isn't a lot you can do besides exfoliating, chemically or manually, to hasten your skin cell turnover and waiting for time to do its job. Those red marks may take 3-6 months or even a year to fade completely, on its own or assisted. Make sure to always wear sunscreen to prevent the red marks from darkening.

Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, and i believe Beta Hydroxy Acid(Salicylic Acid).

Those are good for acne scars.

Take some Daily Vitamins. Drink lots of water and get lots of Vitamin C from Orange Juice. it should brighten up the skin.

Maybe you can try Silkia Oil. I don't think they sell it in regular stores but I've read about people using it to fill out really old scars on their faces. From what I remember it takes like a year to work though. I haven't tried it though.

I used Bio-oil to remove them and it worked (: Though you have to apply it on everyday.

Bio-oil isn't noticeable and it works as a moisturizer also.

If they are light, peels will work and they're great for your skin all around too.

Otherwise, the is the only method that seems to work is this:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/guys-t217...l&hl=lamarr

It's less than $700 versus the $10K+ (you're going to need various treatments) you can spend on laser resurfacing. If you browse the forums, you can find other people who are doing it + their results after each time. It hasn't been endorsed by any company and the guy knows what he's talking about so I find him trustworthy. I can't speak for everyone though.

you can try Clinique's Dark Spot Corrector. The reviews thus far have been pretty good.

I've been using Clinique's Dark Spot Corrector for 3-4 days now, and it does lighten up my scars a bit. The product seems promising =)

I second the bio oil :) I have breakouts from time to time, and this stuff works... its slow, but works

You should try:

"ANTISEPTIC TONER from Astringent <OnlyYourSkinCareX>

Alcohol Free

Use to remove and control excess oil and help keep surface bacteria under control. Anti-inflammatory properties with Witch Hazel, Sage and Tea Tree while Salicylic Acid helps dissolve surface dead cells and debris.

Suitable for all skin types.

KEY INGREDIENTS

Willow Bark contains high amount of Salicylic Acid, a Beta Hydroxy Acid that helps to dissolve the top layer of Corneum cells. Promotes the drainage of pre-existing comedos and limits the formation of new lesions. Antibacterial properties help keep skin clear.

Panthenol, also known as Vitamin B5, acts as a humectant and holds water in the epidermis. Renowned wound healer where it aids in tissue repair. Ultra soothing.

Witch Hazel Extract Extract of Hamamelis plant has astringent and purifying properties. Removes excess oil without drying the skin.

Sage, an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties help heal and prevent acne lesions. Astringent, it removes excess oil without drying the skin.

Tea Tree Oil, a powerful antibacterial properties, helps diminish inflammation and heal acne lesions. Sebo-regulating, helps slow down secretion of oil. "

Also, their exfoliator!!

It has like 10% glycolic acid in aloe vera gel base!!Exfogel 10

"Exfoliating Gel

Paraben Free

Our strongest strength, Aloe Vera based gel with 10% glycolic acid is recommended for thick, oily skin (Skin Types 4 and 5). This fast-absorbing gel assists the skins own natural exfoliation process."

I am serious, it works. This stuff is only sold from licensed skin care professionals.

I use these two on my back. Before i used this, I went to sephora and asked if there are any solutions for my back, and they were like " OH .. you can't get rid of the scars and hyper pigmentation." I was like WTF. Then i went to this skincare place and they sold these to me. The pigmentation on my back lightens after 1 week use, tremendously.

Thanks everyone for their help ^^. Man I hate having acne scars :(