Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Juztine

After you gave your boyfriend his space, did you guys get back together?

Talk about your personal experience..guy and girl opinions needed.
Has anyone here actually ever reconciled with their boyfriend, after he told you he needed space to himself?

What do you think they use this time to do. Is it so they can see if they miss you ?

What happened with you and your boyfriend?

What is the best chance, if there is one, to get back together with him. (Do not contact him at ALL, talk to him a little but make it light conversation etc.)

To me, a boy, who say, "I need some space." Isn't sure what he wants.

He is not sure if he really like you or not.

There are always days with problems between a couple, where both need some space to think.

But if one of them say, he/she want break up for a while just to get some space, then there isn't really a attraction.

You can't always ask for space or short break up if you feel hemmed. People like that should learn how to deal with this kind of situations.

Usually a couple MUST communicate.

In fact, I don't really know how to answer those questions :D

I made some light conversation wtih him 2 days ago, it's been a week since I saw him. He says we're still a couple..but couples still see each other..and I respect his need for space so I'm not sure if I should ask to see him..?

I'm pretty cold, so if my s/o tells me he needs space, I'll back off and erase him from my life. He usually comes back after a week and tells me he misses me and [insert other BS].

I think it's really different for everyone. Some people want space because a relationship is suffocating them. Others want space because they want to go out and meet other people. It really depends on what his reasons are for taking a break. Most of the time you would never know what his reasons are for taking a break because he either doesn't know himself, or if he does know, he wouldn't tell you the truth. I say you give him his space and not bother him.

back in nov, my boyfriend decided for both of us that it was best we broke up. he never said the words "lets break up" NOTHING! so i thought, ok we're on a break. i was so heartbroken because we didnt talk or see eachother for over a week. i always texted and called him, but he wouldnt responde to me. i couldnt come to think that he didnt want me anymore. then he came to see me and we hung out. everthing was back to normal. 1 month later he initiated a break up AGAIN. wth right?

soo, i knew how bad he treated me before, so i said "fine, whatever, your lost." i knew it wasnt over and that he wanted to think about what HE wanted. i decided to let him have a taste at his own medicine. i would dress up for work and add a bit make up. and ignore all texts, calls, emails, and visitation from him. he didnt like what i was doing and wanted me back.

we're still together now, our relationship is better than ever!

if he wants space, give it to him and leave him alone! =) everything will work out cuz guys and girls are different, guys dont like to talk, even though he's your bf. i learned it the hard way, i never experienced anything like that with my exes. sucks, but we live and we learn!

I actually just dealt with a situation like this...so I know what you must be going through....and I was actually looking to seek advice myself..

My situation could be different from yours though... He said "lets stop first" and he said that he needed space and he will see what happens later on...in the future. Our relationship was untouchable...unbreakable in my opinion so it hurt alot when this happened. I couldnt wait and couldnt focus...so I always texted him first and we finally decided to see each other and talk after a week. I told him my true feelings becasue I am the type that hides them...and I told him how sorry I was and I was willing to change..but his answer didnt change... He wanted to still end it..but still remain as friends because he wanted to be a part in my life still...but seeing me as friends soo soon puts himself in alot of pain and he asked to not see me for two weeks and I am willing to give him that time. Cause I know that he is hruting alot more...maybe more then me from what he's shown me and said to me.

If its on your part of the problem then take the time to rethink about what you have done...how he might feel and give him his space...when he's ready..he'll come talk to you disregarding whatever the result will be.

I myself am just happy that he is still beside me as friends and even though he wants to move on, I have some hope still that we will get back together even if it takes a couple months.

I can relate to this. There was a time in my relationship where we hit rock-bottom and he was acting all distant from me. So I emailed him one night asking why our relationship was changing and I wanted to fix it. To my surprise, he replied back the next morning saying that he's starting to lose interest...I totally did not expect that...so I begged him to let me see him one last time before we break up and he agreed, When I saw him he was all hot and cold towards me and I cried for hours after that. But then I decided that there was no point in thinking about it and make myself feel even more miserable, so I completely cut off contacts with him for a couple of days and put my mind to something else. And guess what? During that time he begged for forgiveness and told me he regretted it. In the end, I'm still together with him, and he treats me so much better. I dunno if my experience helped, but when he says give him space, cut off all contacts with him! Stop thinking about him and go shopping or something (helped me lol). I know it's hard at first, but clinging onto him will just hurt more. If he decides to breakup, then you know it was not meant to be. Good luck!

It sounds like he likes to call the shots. Surprise him and tell him you agree with him not to see or talk to each other for now. Then you have to follow through - and that's the hard part! It will probably get to him after awhile wondering why you are not calling or texting him or anything. Kind of shifts the power a bit - but keep it cool. If he does call be polite but brush him off saying you're really busy but it was nice hearing from him. He will most likely not be able to resist calling again - tell him maybe you can get together for coffee (or whatever) sometime, but don't make any definite plans. In other words, playing hard to get - but not unreachable. After awhile agree to meet but keep it light and unemotional and SHORT - leave him wanting more. Keep going along those lines - act somewhat interested but not like being with him is the most important thing in your life. Get him to chase you and therefore value you more.

I need help...its because i dont know exactly how much time he needs!! and its been a week so i asked if hes free to hang out thursday. i /want/ to ask him how this space apart has been, and if its helped him move closer to a decision. is this a bad idea? i already asked to see him thursday and i really want to see him...

i want to tel him this time apart realised how clingy and dependent i was on him, and that ive realised im fine without him, but i would be happier with him. is this a bad idea ?

I'm fine with leaving him alone, but im not sure if hes using this time honestly to think about what he wants...and i just wanna ask if its helped him. if not, then i dont see how time apart is really helping that much.

My ex didn't TELL me he needed space. he just started to kind of avoid my eyes, so i figured something was up. eventually, he began ignoring me. so, i ignored him as well, because we never hung out anyways.

so when he TOLD me he needed space, i was kinda like 'wtf? haha. we never hang out, but sure.' . I gave him his space and he cheated on me. LOL. Then i broke up with him and he came crawling back about two weeks later.

PLEASE.

I wasn't stupid from the beginning. I'm not going to be stupid at the end.

when he needs space give it to him

no calls

no talking no nothing

do ur own thing and he will come back to u :)

cos he will realise how much u miss him..

dont be clingy!

i already asked to hang out with him thursday and he said thats fine...#@$@# should i cancel it ?

i already asked to hang out with him thursday and he said thats fine...#@$@# should i cancel it ?

Well you already asked so no point in canceling it now. Just hang out with him for a couple of hours and make him realize how amazing you are and maybe he'll come crawling back. ;) Too much space isn't a good thing in the long run so just hang out with him on Thursday, make it fun and light (nothing too datey) and make sure you DON'T come off as too clingy/ desperately wants him back and good luck. :)