Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr.Joe

SNSD Tiffany tears talking about other members teasing her at Korean

lol ,, so mean
090111_snsdbulliestiffany_572.jpg

tiff.jpg

So Nyeo Shi Dae Tiffany tears while she talks about learning the Korean language and being teased by the other 8 SNSD members for her lack of knowledge on Korean vocabularies.

On SBS Kang Shim Jang aired on the 3rd, Tiffany revealed how the other SNSD members would tease or fool her on many attempts.

Tiffany mentioned about she and member Jessica are both from the States. Hence initially her knowledge of Korean vocabulary is limited. she said : " Because I don't know many of the advanced Korean words, they have made fun of me and taken advantage of it."

them she completed

" One time they almost convinced me that 'byureuk' (which means flea) was a specific look. If I had not found out what it really meant, I would have made a big mistake!" said Tiffany, which had the whole studio in laughter.

The joke here is that the word "byukreuk" sounds a lot like "byu look," so Tiffany thought it was a 'look' like a "hip-hop look" or "marine look

SNSD member Tiffany revealed on SBS Strong Heart that the other eight members of the group are actually con artists, and that they're not as innocent as they look. :mellow:

she also revealed, "The members always leave me out and plan something on their own; they've deceived me many times." She shared how they make the most of her lack of Korean fluency since she hails from California.

She then carried on to talk about how she will try to steer away from such embarrassing situations. And teared when she said that she worked really hard to study the Korean language.

20071219-brian.jpg

FTTS Brian also said that he understands how Tiffany felt.

he's from America as well and got teased by fellow member Hwan Hee

YoonA went on to explain how much hard work Tiffany has gone through to impor , while Tiffany shed some tears on the show . .Brian tried to lighten the mood by joking around, this incident on Strong Heart will air on November 3.

Watch the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5s5eSZj9Oc...player_embedded

20090318_snsd_605.jpg

cr to Kbites _ allkpop

Oh that kind of sucks. Atleast she's learning to improve her Korean.

I've been teased a lot while working because my Korean is not all that stellar as well. I remember this one time, my assistant manager said badassugi (basically means to write down what they say) but I misheard it as badakseulgi (sweep the floor). I seriously was about to go grab the broom. When we realized my mistake we were cracking up. I get teased a lot but when you make funny mistakes like that it's pretty entertaining. :P

I understand how Tiffany feels....

I used to get teased because i couldn't speak Spanish but by then came i time where i would get annoyed by the teasing and i would say "well i can speak english better than you so w/e".....

they should really lay of on the teasing though :(

It's good that brian was there to lighted up the mood.

She hails from the U.S. so her Korean is obviously not that great. The SNSD members should lay off the teasing and be considerate of her feelings.

Yeah honestly, sometimes Korean-born Koreans can be a little too proud of themselves and a little too discriminatory towards foreign-born Koreans.

EDIT: What I said above is still true in some cases but not for SNSD...they were supposed to be jokingly making fun of Tiffany, sort of like how they call her Pabo-Fany/Stupid-Fany LOL.

Brian had so many antis when he voiced his concern about the anti-American sentiments in Korea and the way he said it sounded too "strong" (i.e., offended some netizens). He teared up in an interview talking about the huge controversy at the time. Poor guy.

Subbed cut. Better than the articles imo. There's no exaggerations or twisted translations about how the members treat her. There's also the part where Yoona and Tiffany discuss the skirt issue if anyone is still hung up on the whole bullying thing.

Tiffany-Yoona Strong Hear Eng Subbed

credit: toebeast

Tiffany's Korean has improved heaps though if you compare her first MC gig to now on Music Core.

Tiffany is one of SNSD members I look up to ..

She's really a good person with a good heart ..

The only thing that caught my ear was that she ate lunch with taec. I guess they're friends...

anyways, it's pretty sad that her own members take advantage of her like that. To always be the center of the joke is hard...fighting tiffany!

She hails from the U.S. so her Korean is obviously not that great. The SNSD members should lay off the teasing and be considerate of her feelings.

seriously I know how she feels.

I know the other SNSD members were probably joking with her.. It's ok occasionally but it's not ok when it's constant and you are the butt of the joke everytime... no one likes to feel left out and feel like everyone else is in on the inside joke.

it doesnt feel good to always feel like the fool.

Also, it's kind of messed up how they would leave her out of things and go out secretly without her. but I guess you should expect that with 9 girls living together. The cattiness and 'special' cliques are bound to happen.

They should come to America and see how it feels like.

she seems to be friends w/ some of the 2pm members... junsu, nichkhun, anddd now taec! D:! luckyy! lol

but anyways yeah i know how she feels too

and lol at brian at the end XD

Yeah honestly, sometimes Korean-born Koreans can be a little too proud of themselves and a little too discriminatory towards foreign-born Koreans.

mhmm. but that's true in other asian countries as well.. well at least in China/Taiwan/HK

i'm sure it was just friendly teasing, even though it could be a little harsh.

i hope she was tearing up at how hard she's worked and how much she's improved.

snsd is familyyy :]

not a fan of these girls but i feel bad for tiffany D: she shouldn't worry cause once they make it to the U.S. we'll see who gets teased (; hahaaa

has anyone actually watched the video instead of basing it all on that article?

the article totally twisted it around, if you watch the video, you'll have a way different understanding of the situation -_-

Poor Tiffany :( I am not really a fan of SNSD but I think out of all the members I like Tiffany the best, it is really harsh that they teased her to the point that she is crying

Brian had so many antis when he voiced his concern about the anti-American sentiments in Korea and the way he said it sounded too "strong" (i.e., offended some netizens). He teared up in an interview talking about the huge controversy at the time. Poor guy.

It's not just pride...a lot is jealously. I've gotten on subways in Seoul and nobody looks, but as soon as I pick up the phone and start speaking in English or speak in English to a friend with me, people's heads jolt up to stare. A lot of younger girls (those in their 20s) will give really dirty or malicious-looking eyes and whisper loudly things like, "What a show off", "why can't she just speak Korean?" It's so, so obnoxious. Girls are really competitive, so...yeah. ugh. :angry:

I definitely feel bad for Tiffany. She's not Korean...she's American. She grew up there and she will always carry that cultural identity, even as a person who currently resides in Korea. A lot of Koreans think Korea is the center of the world and will say things like, "Americans eat kimchi, right?" and "Americans love Kim Yuna, right?" They forget that...it's a huge world out there with many, many cultures, and that America is a country that is not homogeneous at all. :(

-ginger

Well, as long as she's working hard on learning the language. I'm sure it's friendly teasing only, but sometimes teasing can hurt.

"She then carried on to talk about how she will try to steer away from such embarrassing situations. And teared when she said that she worked really hard to study the Korean language."

PUHLEEEEASE.... READ THE MAIN POINT OF WHY SHE ACTUALLY TEARED, THAT'S THE ONLY THING I WOULD LIKE TO ASK PEOPLE HERE TO DO JUS BEFORE U GO ON AND GIVE COMMENTS LIKE AN EXPERT...

or if u can't read well, I'll recommend u to watch this...

Tiffany-Yoona Strong Hear Eng Subbed

cr; toebeast@yt

i don't know much about SNSD, so i never knew that Tiffany came from the US, but awwwww. =O even though it's just a joke, it still gets to you after awhile.

Announcements